Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 02:03:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] 700,000 Cash Deposit Locations in Brazil, Russia, USA - BitInstant  (Read 58409 times)
Yankee (BitInstant) (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2012, 03:48:11 PM

I would like to see all those location options disappear at that step of the process... just choose "local cash deposit" and then when you get to the map, you'll see everything like walmarts, 7-11, cvs, whatever..

Eventually we may do that, but for now its better to have as much information on the main page.

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2012, 03:51:13 PM

The fee page is not so useful. A lot of that info could be put in ranges and it would fit (I think in like 20% as much space or less). Ex: 100-110 fee 110-120 same fee 120-130 same fee is just taking up space. Combine similar imo.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
Yankee (BitInstant) (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2012, 04:10:05 PM

The fee page is not so useful. A lot of that info could be put in ranges and it would fit (I think in like 20% as much space or less). Ex: 100-110 fee 110-120 same fee 120-130 same fee is just taking up space. Combine similar imo.

The fee's page is old, and we have not updated it in a while. Its on our TO-DO

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

Narydu
Donator

Activity: 743
Merit: 510

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2012, 06:41:08 PM

There is a russian kiwi netwotk in argentina...

Really? Can you try it out? Im eager to know if that will work

Could but I don´t actually have an account with you nor know which aditional fees would I have! Any way I´m willing to help. Though I guess each country activates specific clients. The guys who brought it to Arg were students on my same Business School, I could try to contact them for you if needed.

RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
May 24, 2012, 07:02:50 PM

I would like to see all those location options disappear at that step of the process... just choose "local cash deposit" and then when you get to the map, you'll see everything like walmarts, 7-11, cvs, whatever..
+1
The main consideration for me is proximity. If one cares about the vendor they can still choose from among the nearby options.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
teste

Activity: 312
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 24, 2012, 08:33:10 PM

Testing Bitinstant and would like answer for this:

1- "Tried" to buy 500 dollars with boleto (Brazil)
2-  I looked the value of Real and (1 dollar is = 2,05 Real).
3- Clicked send funds and then go.
4- Boleto say I need to pay 1044 Reais
So I ask:
If 500 x 2,05 = 1025
Boleto Fee: 3,95 x 2,05 = 8,09
1025 + 8,09 = 1033,09

Why Boleto is 1044 and not 1033,09?

Suggestion: I think on quote cash transaction should show the value used in the dollar/real conversion.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
May 24, 2012, 08:36:38 PM

Testing Bitinstant and would like answer for this:

1- "Tried" to buy 500 dollars with boleto (Brazil)
2-  I looked the value of Real and (1 dollar is = 2,05 Real).
3- Clicked send funds and then go.
4- Boleto say I need to pay 1044 Reais
So I ask:
If 500 x 2,05 = 1025
Boleto Fee: 3,95 x 2,05 = 8,09
1025 + 8,09 = 1033,09

Why Boleto is 1044 and not 1033,09?

Suggestion: I think on quote cash transaction should show the value used in the dollar/real conversion.
A few pages back in this thread you will find others asking the same thing. It is apparently being looked at, and may be a bug related to how the real is calculated. If I understand correctly.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
teste

View Profile
May 24, 2012, 08:50:09 PM

Obs: I see 1044 on the cashpayment page and on Boleto generated too.
boonies4u

Activity: 826

View Profile
May 24, 2012, 10:27:04 PM

Honestly the best way to learn is to do it with $20 and see how easy it is. Go through the process on BitInstant.com, and you'll see all the instructions you need.

I tried it.  I selected 'walmart' and 'to email' options, and tried depositing $20:

It says I'm going to get $19.20 for my $20.  A 4% fee.  Seems good:

It asks me for a 4 digit PIN, then tells me I'm going to receive $18.20 for my $20.  A 9% fee.  What happened there?

Oh, and it also tells me there will be a further 1% fee for the USD to BTC conversion.  So that's a nice round 10% fee in total.

Then when I get the voucher to print, it turns out I have to pay $23.95 (a convenience fee of $3.95 has been added):

That makes a total fee of exactly 25%.  I pay $23.95 to get $18.202 and then have to pay an extra 1% on top of that for the conversion.

I wonder if there's some way of presenting the true cost up front, and making the fees clearer.  It seems, for instance, that I end up getting more money if I deposit $99.99 than if I deposit $100, because the rate goes up 1% at $100.  But the only way of finding that out is by trial and error.  I'd like to see the fee structure spelled out clearly.

The rate is a flat 3.99% all around. When you do 'Bitcoin to email' coinapult charges an extra 1% for the conversion and trading fee which we clearly display in orange on the next page.

For some transfers, zipzap adds $3.95 fee on it. So yes, when doing $20 it may seem $5 is too hefty, but on $500 its alot less.

Any tips on avoiding the 3.95 fee by ZipZap? I read earlier that it seems to be because of MoneyGram... Which locations use moneygram?
jco

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 25, 2012, 12:36:34 PM

Honestly the best way to learn is to do it with $20 and see how easy it is. Go through the process on BitInstant.com, and you'll see all the instructions you need.

I tried it.  I selected 'walmart' and 'to email' options, and tried depositing $20:

It asks me for a 4 digit PIN, then tells me I'm going to receive $18.20 for my $20.  A 9% fee.  What happened there?

Oh, and it also tells me there will be a further 1% fee for the USD to BTC conversion.  So that's a nice round 10% fee in total.

Then when I get the voucher to print, it turns out I have to pay $23.95 (a convenience fee of $3.95 has been added):

That makes a total fee of exactly 25%.  I pay $23.95 to get $18.202 and then have to pay an extra 1% on top of that for the conversion.

I wonder if there's some way of presenting the true cost up front, and making the fees clearer.  It seems, for instance, that I end up getting more money if I deposit $99.99 than if I deposit $100, because the rate goes up 1% at $100.  But the only way of finding that out is by trial and error.  I'd like to see the fee structure spelled out clearly.

The rate is a flat 3.99% all around. When you do 'Bitcoin to email' coinapult charges an extra 1% for the conversion and trading fee which we clearly display in orange on the next page.

For some transfers, zipzap adds $3.95 fee on it. So yes, when doing $20 it may seem $5 is too hefty, but on $500 its alot less.

Any tips on avoiding the 3.95 fee by ZipZap? I read earlier that it seems to be because of MoneyGram... Which locations use moneygram?

I can verify that the CVS location uses Moneygram and charges the $3.95 fee
Yankee (BitInstant) (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2012, 05:44:37 PM

I can verify that the CVS location uses Moneygram and charges the $3.95 fee

Just like TrustCash charges the extra $1.50, so does zipzap a little more.

As our volume increases I can negotiate better rates with them

ThiagoCMC
Legendary

Activity: 1204

฿itcoin: Currency of Resistance!

View Profile
May 25, 2012, 09:03:29 PM
Last edit: May 25, 2012, 09:22:24 PM by ThiagoCMC

Hi!

I'm from Brazil...

I think it is kind of difficult to keep track of "QuoteID / OrderID" codes... If you not save it before clicking "Go!", at the https://www.bitinstant.com/start_tx web page....   Undecided

From now, I'll "print to a PDF" every step...   Tongue

I would like to use Bitinstant default web option called "Check Status" but, I can't find the required code to track my two transactions paid yesterday (14:00 -0300) using zipzap "boleto".

I sent some e-mails to support@bitinstant.com but, the helper doesn't seem to know the answer of my question and he stops answering me for some reason...

So, I need to sit and "wait in the dark"...?!

Time IS money!

Thanks in advance!

Cheers!
Thiago
Yankee (BitInstant) (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2012, 09:42:29 PM

Hi!

I'm from Brazil...

I think it is kind of difficult to keep track of "QuoteID / OrderID" codes... If you not save it before clicking "Go!", at the https://www.bitinstant.com/start_tx web page....   Undecided

I would like to use Bitinstant default web option called "Check Status" but, I can't find the required code to track my two transactions paid yesterday (14:00 -0300) using zipzap "boleto".

I sent some e-mails to support@bitinstant.com but, the helper doesn't seem to know the answer of my question and he stops answering me for some reason...

Time IS money!

Thanks in advance!

Cheers!
Thiago

Thiago, we have answered every email you have sent within 1 hour. Why do you say that?

When did we stop answering you?

Boleto is telling us your invoice was not paid, so I told you I have to call them for you.

Please don't say things in this forum that are not true!!!

Thanks

ThiagoCMC
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2012, 09:56:49 PM

Hi!

I'm from Brazil...

Time IS money!

Thanks in advance!

Cheers!
Thiago

Thiago, we have answered every email you have sent within 1 hour. Why do you say that?

Boleto is telling us your invoice was not paid, so I told you I have to call them for you.

Thanks

Please, forgive me for my words.

Anyway, I'm sorry to say that, last answer took 18 hours to come... And it only come, I think, because I insisted and send another mail minutes ago... This it is not a big deal for me... But, it is not a lie too...

Again, I'm not trying to burn Bitinstant... I really like your service and I need it! So, lets work together to solve this... I think it is easy to follow... And I trust 100% you guys... Sorry if I was rude...

It is true, I do not pay for a lots of tests I made, I mean, a lots of "boletos" wasn't paid but, last two I made, was paid... I'm just a bit lost to find the respective "Quote ID"...   Undecided

Regards,
Thiago
Yankee (BitInstant) (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2012, 10:01:44 PM

Hi!

I'm from Brazil...

Time IS money!

Thanks in advance!

Cheers!
Thiago

Thanks

Please, forgive me for my words.

Anyway, I'm sorry to say that, last answer took 18 hours to come... And it only come, I think, because I insisted and send another mail minutes ago... This it is not a big deal for me... But, it is not a lie too...

Thiago, it took 18 hours because in my email before I said "Please wait because I have to get in touch with Boleto to find out the problem" Im not a magician I can't work in seconds.

[/quote]
Again, I'm not trying to burn Bitinstant... I really like your service and I need it! So, lets work together to solve this... I think it is easy to follow... And I trust 100% you guys... Sorry if I was rude...
[/quote]

I know your not, and we appreciate your business. Its just when you say things in this forum, people believe everything they read and then people will say we are scammers.

I sent you your Quote ID's and will let you know when the problem is resolved

Thanks

ThiagoCMC
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2012, 10:12:35 PM

Okay, you're right... I'll double my attention in what I write...

Sometimes it is hard for me to express myself in english...

I know that Bitinstant is a HUGE and a LEGITIMATE business.

Thanks!
Thiago
Yankee (BitInstant) (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2012, 10:17:35 PM

Okay, you're right... I'll double my attention in what I write...

Sometimes it is hard for me to express myself in english...

I know that Bitinstant is a HUGE and a LEGITIMATE business.

Thanks!
Thiago

Grin

We are here to help you!!!

teste

View Profile
May 25, 2012, 10:20:28 PM

Email sent to Zipzap

Hi,

1- I generated a boleto (not paid) on Bitinstant service with value of 1044,87 (número do documento 95155)
2- Then I received an email with subject ZipZap Action required, with the following info:
Amount to pay: 1022,77
Account number: 781570676

So I ask:

Why boleto is 1044,87 and on Zipzap action required email say 1022,77?

teste

View Profile
May 25, 2012, 11:08:09 PM

Zipzap answer:

We are researching the reason for the different amount on the email but
the transaction appears in our system as 1044,87 so that is what you
should pay
We apologize for the confusion.

Thank you for using ZipZap.

ZipZap Customer Support
steelhouse

Activity: 717
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 27, 2012, 04:12:13 AM
Last edit: May 27, 2012, 04:53:13 AM by steelhouse

I tried to use this service today but I think I made a mistake.  I tried to get $103.95 of bitcoins.  But, when I talked to the guy on the phone, I deposited only $100.00.  thus zipzap rejected the payment.  Then I tried to get my money back but was put on hold 10 minutes before hanging up.   I went home and re-did the procedure.  After 15 minutes the guy answered and I got a number to get my money back.  To receive payment you have to give a photo id which I did not really like doing.  May try again in a couple days.

So in summary it would be nice if you lower the minimum amount to $100 that zipzap would accept that way we could just put a $100 bill in the machine.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: