Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:47:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] 700,000 Cash Deposit Locations in Brazil, Russia, USA - BitInstant  (Read 58410 times)
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 03:47:05 PM

How would we do this without 7-11's involvement? They would never go for it.

That is why I said "you will know Bitcoin has gone mainstream".  When Bitcoin is mainstream 7-11 will be happy to run the promo.  You pay for the slurpees (discounted), they get the more deposit fees, and maybe some of the customers pick up a "Big Bite".  Nothing to lose and everything to win.

I was just thinking ahead 5 years or so.
"People may say I'm a dreamer but I'm not the only one ..."

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
June 11, 2012, 06:08:11 PM

I just tried the Major Bank Branch -> Bitcoin address deposit method today. It took 19 minutes from the time the teller printed the deposit receipt until my Bitcoin client saw the transaction hit the network.

It's not the cheapest way to get bitcoins, since with the various fees involved I ended up paying $6.58 per bitcoin but it is certainly the fastest way to get them.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
June 11, 2012, 08:16:16 PM

I bought Bitcoin at Walmart. I had to pay $243.95 for $228.83937 worth of Bitcoin through Mt Gox.
[edit] they also required ID and phone number.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
Yankee (BitInstant) (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2012, 02:29:07 AM

I bought Bitcoin at Walmart. I had to pay $243.95 for $228.83937 worth of Bitcoin through Mt Gox.

They are not supposed to ask for your ID, you could have declined.

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
June 12, 2012, 03:41:29 AM

I tried to decline, she would not process it without ID. I don't know if she put it into the system. Maybe she just didn't know any better.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
boonies4u

Activity: 826

View Profile
June 12, 2012, 03:47:33 AM

I tried to decline, she would not process it without ID. I don't know if she put it into the system. Maybe she just didn't know any better.

She probably hasn't had to do that service for someone before. I worked at a truck stop, a good rule of thumb to protect your ass (and your job) is to ask for ID when it comes to things involving money transfers.
chsados

Activity: 662
Merit: 545

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 11:47:30 AM

Has Chase Bank been pulled?  I tried to set an order up yesterday and they wont show up on the trustcash map.
Yankee (BitInstant) (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2012, 05:40:32 AM

Has Chase Bank been pulled?  I tried to set an order up yesterday and they wont show up on the trustcash map.

Yup, Chase is down for a few days. We are setting up new accounts

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

Hexadecibel
Human Intranet Liason
VIP

Activity: 571
Merit: 504

I still <3 u Satoshi

View Profile
June 14, 2012, 05:57:21 AM

Yup, Chase is down for a few days. We are setting up new accounts

Ah! I was wondering about that! I had to drive like a whole extra mile!

The teller at my chase bank told me I was the second person that day to make a deposit like that. I live in a quasi rural area, so I was surprised...
Tuxavant

Activity: 784

Bitcoin Mayor of Las Vegas

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2012, 12:13:35 PM

The teller at my chase bank told me I was the second person that day to make a deposit like that. I live in a quasi rural area, so I was surprised...

Wow. That is awesome... Just the other day I was thinking to myself... If I'm every out and about, and randomly overhear a mention of Bitcoin in some conversation, I think I will figuratively pull down my pants and take a shit in front of everyone right there. I'm not sure what that has to do with anything, but it made me laugh and hearing "Bitcoin" in a random venue will truly be a memorable day for me.

Jan
Legendary

Activity: 1043
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 14, 2012, 01:22:43 PM

Wow. That is awesome... Just the other day I was thinking to myself... If I'm every out and about, and randomly overhear a mention of Bitcoin in some conversation, I think I will figuratively pull down my pants and take a shit in front of everyone right there. I'm not sure what that has to do with anything, but it made me laugh and hearing "Bitcoin" in a random venue will truly be a memorable day for me.
Lol.

BTW: it really helps wearing one of them bitcoin T-shirts. All of a sudden you get contacted by ppl who heard something and want to know more.

Mycelium let's you hold your private keys private.
IveBeenBit

Activity: 449
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 15, 2012, 12:52:00 AM

How have people's experiences been using this new feature? I just tried for the first time today to deposit at a convenience store and got blank stares from the tellers. They told me to come back later when their boss wasn't too busy to talk to me because they had never heard of zip zap payments before.

I only tried at one place, so maybe my experience was unusual.
Yankee (BitInstant) (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2012, 01:35:17 AM

How have people's experiences been using this new feature? I just tried for the first time today to deposit at a convenience store and got blank stares from the tellers. They told me to come back later when their boss wasn't too busy to talk to me because they had never heard of zip zap payments before.

I only tried at one place, so maybe my experience was unusual.

Hey,

We get 50+ orders a day from this.

Which store did you go to? Did you go to the Moneygram desk? There are instructions on the slip!

Should have called/email support from the store

Charlie

IveBeenBit

Activity: 449

View Profile
June 21, 2012, 02:29:00 PM

Hey,

We get 50+ orders a day from this.

Which store did you go to? Did you go to the Moneygram desk? There are instructions on the slip!

Should have called/email support from the store

Charlie

I went to a local, independently owned convenience store that was listed on the Zip Zap website as the closest one to me. They were not a moneygram location AFAIK.

When I got home I emailed zipzap support and they told me to pick a different location near me and go there.

I picked one that happened to also do Moneygram payments and everything there went off without a hitch.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
June 21, 2012, 02:53:05 PM

...[edit] they also required ID and phone number.
In that case my number is 555-1212.  Roll Eyes
It drives me crazy when a store demands phone or even SS#. I would never even consider giving them real info. I keep several identities just for this purpose. Or I ask for the teller's SS# in return. They never go for that. 

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
June 21, 2012, 03:05:48 PM

It drives me crazy when a store demands phone or even SS#. I would never even consider giving them real info. I keep several identities just for this purpose. Or I ask for the teller's SS# in return. They never go for that. 

Go with 867-5309 instead, most cashiers are too young to get the joke.
rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
June 21, 2012, 03:11:23 PM

Damn, a Tutone reference. You beat me.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
dancupid

Activity: 955
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 21, 2012, 05:34:37 PM

When I was 11 I was still too cool to get this joke - I was listening to 2 tone
SkRRJyTC
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
June 22, 2012, 01:43:52 AM

Great job guys. This will fill one major hurdle in Bitcoin which is the difficulty in actually getting Bitcoins.

Thanks  Grin

Now if we could have the opposite. Go into Walmart with Bitcoins and exchange them for dollars you would have the perfect setup for wire transfers of money that could instantly compete with Western Union.

At least bit-pay can do a direct deposit of cash from BTC...

Should have that launched within 4 weeks or so.

Any chance there is an update?  Not being pushy with the time frame, just very excited!
Gladamas

Activity: 294

Bitcoin today is what the internet was in 1998.

View Profile
June 22, 2012, 11:45:35 PM

So, on the Newbies thread someone posted (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=15958.msg983040#msg983040) regarding an issue of not getting their coins for more than 12 hours.

I just came here to ask about BitInstant. I have used them before and it was indeed 'instant', but I did $1200 in deposits with them yesterday and I still haven't received anything from them! Nor have they responded to my support email.

I have recently suffered from the same problem, I thought it was caused by writing a check rather than depositing cash directly, but I could be wrong.

I paid by cash on Wednesday and received my coins in <20 minutes from the time I deposited. Today I deposited (<$1000) by check, and I haven't received my coins yet, for 3 hours now.

I have also received exactly one email regarding my recent transaction, that is my invoice to take to the bank from TrustCash.

Does anybody happen to know what the matter is? Who should I contact here?

1GLADMZ5tL4HkS6BAWPfJLeZJCDHAd9Fr3 - LQ6Zx8v7fHVBiDX5Lmhbp6oEDB7dUFjANu
GPG 0xF219D5BB3C467E12 - Litecoin Forum
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: