Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:17:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NEOS]Neos v2.0.1 Released - Official Upgrade Thread - Performance & More  (Read 84731 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
jackbox
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1024

View Profile
February 14, 2015, 03:46:28 PM

Windows 8.1 might not be playing well with libdb.  What I can suggest at this point, is stopping Neos by clicking "Stop Neos" in the launcher, then going into the location you've installed Neos in, and then neos-data, and removing "blocks" and "chainstate" and then clicking "Start Neos".

Removing blocks and chainstate made things worse. Now just a blank web page appears and not even initializing. Yes, I stopped it first and restarted. Tried stopping and starting it again and the same thing, just a blank web page now.

Click start again, then refresh.

Did that several times already. Just keeps showing a blank page.

Buy a Trezor and Protect your BTC, BCH, BTG, DASH, LTC, DGB, ZEC, ETH and ETC from hackers.
If I was helpful please buy me a coffee BTC: 1DWK7vBaxcTC5Wd2nQwLGEoy8xdFVzGKLK  BTG: AWvN1iBqCUqG2tEh3XoVvRbdcGrAzfBBpW
If I was helpful please buy me a burger DGB: DLASV6CUQpGtGSyaVz5FYuu5YxZ17MoGQz

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
twoturtles (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2015, 03:51:15 PM

Windows 8.1 might not be playing well with libdb.  What I can suggest at this point, is stopping Neos by clicking "Stop Neos" in the launcher, then going into the location you've installed Neos in, and then neos-data, and removing "blocks" and "chainstate" and then clicking "Start Neos".

Removing blocks and chainstate made things worse. Now just a blank web page appears and not even initializing. Yes, I stopped it first and restarted. Tried stopping and starting it again and the same thing, just a blank web page now.

Can you check the task manager and verify that neoscoind and neosphp are both running?  Sorry for the hassle, like I said this is basically the first case on Windows 8 we're seeing this so it's at this point treating the issue and trying to replicate it to resolve it permanently.  We'll situate your installation that I can promise.

Best regards,

syntaks

jackbox
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2015, 04:03:17 PM

Can you check the task manager and verify that neoscoind and neosphp are both running?  Sorry for the hassle, like I said this is basically the first case on Windows 8 we're seeing this so it's at this point treating the issue and trying to replicate it to resolve it permanently.  We'll situate your installation that I can promise.

Best regards,

syntaks

Had to reinstall it again. Won't import wallet backup. Good thing I had no coins in it. neoscoind is running but not neosphp. There are also four instances of neos.exe running.

Time to go to bed in my part of the world. Hopefully, you'll get this fixed soon.

Buy a Trezor and Protect your BTC, BCH, BTG, DASH, LTC, DGB, ZEC, ETH and ETC from hackers.
If I was helpful please buy me a coffee BTC: 1DWK7vBaxcTC5Wd2nQwLGEoy8xdFVzGKLK  BTG: AWvN1iBqCUqG2tEh3XoVvRbdcGrAzfBBpW
twoturtles (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2015, 04:06:01 PM

Best regards,

syntaks

Had to reinstall it again. Won't import wallet backup. Good thing I had no coins in it. neoscoind is running but not neosphp. There are also four instances of neos.exe running.

Time to go to bed in my part of the world. Hopefully, you'll get this fixed soon.

Have a good rest and contact me when you're free afterwards.  As far as four instances of Neos.exe running, it should have only been ran once but a new update I was just about to post will prevent anyone from running multiple instances of it which could cause issues.

Best regards,

syntaks

twoturtles (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2015, 04:06:24 PM

Neos Launcher update: http://forum.neoscoin.com/t/neos-launchers-updated-for-all-systems/343

twoturtles (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2015, 04:04:14 PM

Best regards,

syntaks

Have a good rest and contact me when you're free afterwards.  As far as four instances of Neos.exe running, it should have only been ran once but a new update I was just about to post will prevent anyone from running multiple instances of it which could cause issues.

Best regards,

syntaks

I discovered the issue and corrected it as detailed here: http://forum.neoscoin.com/t/neos-2-0-2-windows-installer-updated-issues-found-and-resolved/344 If you would be willing to give Neos another chance, I would appreciate it.  If not, that's alright too and my sincerest apologies for the headaches.

Best regards,

syntaks

jackbox
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 04:10:05 PM

I discovered the issue and corrected it as detailed here: http://forum.neoscoin.com/t/neos-2-0-2-windows-installer-updated-issues-found-and-resolved/344 If you would be willing to give Neos another chance, I would appreciate it.  If not, that's alright too and my sincerest apologies for the headaches.

Best regards,

syntaks

I looked at the linked post but not sure I understand. Has the installer for Windows been patched and it needs to be reinstalled? Or do I need to move the data directory manually?

twoturtles (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2015, 04:12:36 PM

Best regards,

syntaks

I looked at the linked post but not sure I understand. Has the installer for Windows been patched and it needs to be reinstalled? Or do I need to move the data directory manually?

Do you have any neos in your current wallet that you were having issues with?

jackbox
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 04:14:19 PM

Best regards,

syntaks

Thankfully no. I almost transferred some to it from an exchange after I installed it the first time but didn't. Good thing too, as that wallet won't load any more for some reason and every time I install it I get a new deposit address.

twoturtles (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2015, 04:15:19 PM

Best regards,

syntaks

Thankfully no. I almost transferred some to it from an exchange after I installed it the first time but didn't. Good thing too, as that wallet won't load any more for some reason and every time I install it I get a new deposit address.

What I would recommend doing then is removing the old install (just need to delete it) and then reinstall with the new installer.  You shouldn't see any such issues following that.

jackbox
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 04:21:00 PM

Ok. I am waiting for the new installer to download. Download is slow.

twoturtles (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2015, 04:22:09 PM

No problem at all I'm not going anywhere.

jackbox
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 04:36:59 PM

Time to sleep. Tomorrow I will install it and reboot and see if it continues to work. Thanks for addressing the issues.

twoturtles (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2015, 04:39:10 PM

Time to sleep. Tomorrow I will install it and reboot and see if it continues to work. Thanks for addressing the issues.

That's what I'm here for.  Thanks a lot for giving it another chance.

Somekindabitcoin

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 11:32:08 PM

Good job Syntaks!
jackbox
Legendary

View Profile
February 16, 2015, 03:30:38 AM

Good job Syntaks!

After reinstalling and rebooting when you run NEOS.EXE it just says NEOS already running, an icon briefly appears in the app tray and then goes away. Impossible to run the wallet. I will uninstall and give up. Will sell my coins in exchange when price goes back up. Not worth all the hassle to try and get this wallet running. Thanks for trying to help.

twoturtles (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2015, 05:22:14 AM

Good job Syntaks!

After reinstalling and rebooting when you run NEOS.EXE it just says NEOS already running, an icon briefly appears in the app tray and then goes away. Impossible to run the wallet. I will uninstall and give up. Will sell my coins in exchange when price goes back up. Not worth all the hassle to try and get this wallet running. Thanks for trying to help.

That's really bizarre unless you ran Neos.exe, then tried to run it again or an existing process existed.  Thanks for trying, but this is definitely a singled-out case and without the ability to teamview in, I'm afraid I can't suggest much more.  I've had a total of 12 different people in a mixture of Windows 7 and Windows 8 systems test and try to break things now and none have been able to.  I appreciate the effort though and thank you.

Best regards,

syntaks

siampumpkin

Activity: 420
Merit: 260

View Profile
February 16, 2015, 03:04:32 PM

Good job Syntaks!

Unfortunately same result for me. Tired of trying. Too bad. Again a basic, simple wallet would be much preferred. We don't need all the bells and whistles.

Buy a Trezor and Protect all your Crypto Currencies from hackers.
If I was helpful please tip me BTC: 3Bt4E78XjcEhCLEQUB6R1ujiQG58DXaazg  ETH: 0xc6541E163A7C513580f4C1897297452c71b44909
twoturtles (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2015, 03:20:48 PM

Good job Syntaks!

Unfortunately same result for me. Tired of trying. Too bad. Again a basic, simple wallet would be much preferred. We don't need all the bells and whistles.

Well I'm sorry to hear that, but Neos isn't a basic simple wallet.  It's strange that these are the only two reported cases now so I'd like to see what you and the other person having issues might be experiencing.  If teamviewer were an option, I could definitely find the cause of this and fix the situation.

Best regards,

syntaks

bobbit

Activity: 215
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 16, 2015, 03:26:20 PM
Last edit: February 16, 2015, 03:37:22 PM by bobbit

I've installed this on 3 comps , Win 7 and Win 8 with no errors, including one that had it previously. Everything worked flawlessly, no errors.

If you are installing on a system that had it previously, make sure you run task manager and verify that it isn't already running.

Check your neos-data folder and remove neos.lock if it's there, and launch the wallet again.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: