Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 10:31:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NEOS]Neos v2.0.1 Released - Official Upgrade Thread - Performance & More  (Read 84731 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
twoturtles (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2015, 03:42:23 PM

I've installed this on 3 comps , Win 7 and Win 8 with no errors, including one that had it previously. Everything worked flawlessly, no errors.

If you are installing on a system that had it previously, make sure you run task manager and verify that it isn't already running.

Check your neos-data folder and remove neos.lock if it's there, and launch the wallet again.

If Neos isn't properly shut down (e.g.: a system reboot or killed through task manager) it won't remove the garbage lock file which indicates to Neos.exe whether or not it's already running.  This would explain why there is a unique case so far, as this can only occur during an improper termination or reboot.  I'll work on coding a hack for this as I had coded this lockfile in to prevent people from running multiple controller processes which could lead to issues.  I'll post an update.

Best regards,

syntaks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jackbox
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1024

View Profile
February 16, 2015, 11:46:08 PM

I've installed this on 3 comps , Win 7 and Win 8 with no errors, including one that had it previously. Everything worked flawlessly, no errors.

If you are installing on a system that had it previously, make sure you run task manager and verify that it isn't already running.

Check your neos-data folder and remove neos.lock if it's there, and launch the wallet again.

If Neos isn't properly shut down (e.g.: a system reboot or killed through task manager) it won't remove the garbage lock file which indicates to Neos.exe whether or not it's already running.  This would explain why there is a unique case so far, as this can only occur during an improper termination or reboot.  I'll work on coding a hack for this as I had coded this lockfile in to prevent people from running multiple controller processes which could lead to issues.  I'll post an update.

Best regards,

syntaks

Where is this "garbage" file located and what is it called? If a program is properly registered with Windows the shutdown process will request proper termination of the program. If NEOS was properly called to shut down during a reboot process, it should properly shut it self down and not leave a file hanging.

Buy a Trezor and Protect your BTC, BCH, BTG, DASH, LTC, DGB, ZEC, ETH and ETC from hackers.
If I was helpful please buy me a coffee BTC: 1DWK7vBaxcTC5Wd2nQwLGEoy8xdFVzGKLK  BTG: AWvN1iBqCUqG2tEh3XoVvRbdcGrAzfBBpW
If I was helpful please buy me a burger DGB: DLASV6CUQpGtGSyaVz5FYuu5YxZ17MoGQz
twoturtles (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2015, 04:39:43 AM

Best regards,

syntaks

Where is this "garbage" file located and what is it called? If a program is properly registered with Windows the shutdown process will request proper termination of the program. If NEOS was properly called to shut down during a reboot process, it should properly shut it self down and not leave a file hanging.

If you shut down any wallet via termination, the system crashes or spontaneously reboots, you will have corruption in one place or another and I guarantee you "proper registration" with Windows won't save you from that.  I'm sorry you're having so many issues, but it seems you and one other person have only reported eerily similar events - both having similar post counts, and the exact same ad in their signature.  Hmm.....

Best regards

syntaks

siampumpkin

Activity: 420
Merit: 260

View Profile
February 17, 2015, 04:53:41 AM

I am no interest in bashing your crappy coin. I thought it had potential but with the attitude I see you taking, I see it does not. You and the 5 other people posting here can have fun with the wallet. I will go dump my holdings now and help crash the price some more. After this I wont be posting here anymore.  Angry

Buy a Trezor and Protect all your Crypto Currencies from hackers.
If I was helpful please tip me BTC: 3Bt4E78XjcEhCLEQUB6R1ujiQG58DXaazg  ETH: 0xc6541E163A7C513580f4C1897297452c71b44909
AltxF4

Activity: 230
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 17, 2015, 05:02:51 AM

I am no interest in bashing your crappy coin. I thought it had potential but with the attitude I see you taking, I see it does not. You and the 5 other people posting here can have fun with the wallet. I will go dump my holdings now and help crash the price some more. After this I wont be posting here anymore.  Angry

Lol! wow... way to respond via the wrong nick...just proof to the case you are a troll trying to FUD a good coin.

We won't miss you, seeing as you have 0 to contribute. Neoscoin dev team offered to help resolve your "issue" but you declined... because any assistance would have revealed no real issue at all.
twoturtles (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2015, 05:02:59 AM

Case in point.  I had responded to "jackbox" and got a response from "siampumpkin".  Those who have worked with me in the past and work with me currently know I don't take an attitude easily and someone being less-than-honest will bring it out in me pretty quickly.  Your opinion is your own and you're entitled to it, but all throughout the response history with "you two" I've given the benefit of the doubt and put honest work and time into trying to diagnose your issues.  You can threaten as much as you'd like regarding the price but I'll still be here coding.

Best regards,

syntaks

twoturtles (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2015, 11:35:51 AM

Wallet updates posted: http://forum.neoscoin.com/t/2-17-15-wallet-updates/345 If anyone has any questions or issues, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Best regards,

syntaks

sgk
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

!! HODL !!

View Profile
February 17, 2015, 06:29:15 PM

I can confirm that the wallet works fine on Windows 8.1

The installer still asks for admin rights, but I can change the installation folder to standard user location and can run everything fine as standard user after installation is done. So not a big issue.

I think the only problem during my all previous attempts was that NEOS services were running when I tried to install a newer version.
This was taken care of by help from syntaks, by running following commands as admin in a command prompt:
  sc stop neosd
  sc stop neosui
  sc delete neosd
  sc delete neosui

I'm on version 2.0.2 now and the wallet works great! Smiley
twoturtles (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2015, 10:30:31 AM

http://forum.neoscoin.com/t/do-not-use-the-import-wallet-feature-in-the-launcher/349 - please read if you are shifting from 2.0.1 to 2.0.2.  If you've never dumped a privkey on a wallet before or imported it, I'd be more than happy to assist.

Best regards,

syntaks

twoturtles (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2015, 11:21:44 AM

http://forum.neoscoin.com/t/do-not-use-the-import-wallet-feature-in-the-launcher/349 - please read if you are shifting from 2.0.1 to 2.0.2.  If you've never dumped a privkey on a wallet before or imported it, I'd be more than happy to assist.

Best regards,

syntaks

I've updated all system launchers and rebuilt them as well as the installation packages.  Details can be found here: http://forum.neoscoin.com/t/neos-launchers-updated-for-all-systems-2-18-15/350/1 If anyone has any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Best regards,

syntaks

twoturtles (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2015, 05:55:36 PM

New feature added in by community request - mining calculator/profitability - http://forum.neoscoin.com/t/mining-calculator-added-into-the-tools-2-18-15/351 Neos will alert you of new updates via the indicator in the top menu.  The icon is a lightning bolt.  After clicking it, the details of any updates are presented and you can then proceed by clicking "Update Now".  It's near instant and requires no shutting down or restarting of Neos.

Best regards,

syntaks

twoturtles (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2015, 12:05:52 PM

Good morning everyone,

I've just written a post on our forum regarding Neos development, and some clarification on what lies ahead and what is involved.  It can be read at http://forum.neoscoin.com/t/the-neos-2-0-2-branch-is-officially-frozen-2-1-ahead/352/1

Best regards,

syntaks

devlin85

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 07:47:12 PM

By stroke of GOD i was able to unlock my coin-swap account to get access to my frozen coins.. (stoner19 on IRC did the trick) but weirdly I only got responses after tweeting Ian Childress (the old owner before GAW took over)..

looks like they have their NEOS wallet but no exchange.. transfering to bleutrade  Grin Grin abandon ship while you can!!!
twoturtles (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2015, 02:53:37 AM

By stroke of GOD i was able to unlock my coin-swap account to get access to my frozen coins.. (stoner19 on IRC did the trick) but weirdly I only got responses after tweeting Ian Childress (the old owner before GAW took over)..

looks like they have their NEOS wallet but no exchange.. transfering to bleutrade  Grin Grin abandon ship while you can!!!

I'm glad you were able to get your Neos out of there.  Stoner's a good guy so I'm not really surprised =).

Best regards,

syntaks

philipvdlinde

Activity: 826

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 08:14:48 PM

I may not have a big share of coins but this coin will be my first longterm investment inside of alts. Hoping to become a part of this community.
twoturtles (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2015, 08:22:48 PM

I may not have a big share of coins but this coin will be my first longterm investment inside of alts. Hoping to become a part of this community.

If you have 0 Neos you're welcome.  Neos is about more than just being a currency or a piece of software.  Our community has grown and has some of the nicest and most talented people I've had the opportunity to speak with almost on a daily basis..  Neos is more about quality and synergy than the conversion rate.  Welcome to the community.  If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask I'm at your disposal.  Thank you very much for the support!

Best regards,

syntaks

philipvdlinde

Activity: 826

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 09:10:46 PM

If you have 0 Neos you're welcome.  Neos is about more than just being a currency or a piece of software.  Our community has grown and has some of the nicest and most talented people I've had the opportunity to speak with almost on a daily basis..  Neos is more about quality and synergy than the conversion rate.  Welcome to the community.  If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask I'm at your disposal.  Thank you very much for the support!

Best regards,

syntaks
This is exactly why I chose to invest in this coin, You are one of the most active devs I have ever seen. And I have been trading alts for over 14 months now :p.

PS
I bought around 20k at around 2500-2600.
Cornett

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

★ IT's Party Time! ★

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 12:47:45 PM

Best regards,

syntaks
This is exactly why I chose to invest in this coin, You are one of the most active devs I have ever seen. And I have been trading alts for over 14 months now :p.

PS

Decent amount !! You will have nice value when the price will moon to 30k again this spring

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████▄▄
░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄░░░░░███████████▄▄
░▄▄██████████████▄▄███████████████▄
░▀▀██████████████▀▀░░░▀▀████████████
██▄▄▀▀██████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀████████
██████▄▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀███
████████░░░░░▄▄███████▄▄░░░░░███▄▄░░▀
████████░░░███████████████░░░███████▄
░░▀▀████░░░░░▀▀███████▀▀░░░░░████████
██▄▄░░▀▀░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░████████
██████▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄▀▀███
██████████▄▄░░░░▄▄██████████████▄▄
██████████████▄▄▀▀██████████████▀▀
░░▀▀████████████░░░░▀▀██████▀▀
░░░░░░▀▀████████░░░░░░░░▀▀
░░░░░░░░░▀▀██████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀██
OATH

████▀
███▀  ▀
██▀  ▀
█▀  ▀
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
█▄  ▄
██▄  ▄
███▄  ▄
████▄

▀████
▀  ▀███
▀  ▀██
▀  ▀█
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
▄  ▄█
▄  ▄██
▄  ▄███
▄████

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

█▄▄              █▄▄
█████▄▄         ██████▄▄
████████       ████████ █
████████ ██   ████████ ██
████████ ███ ████████ ███
████████ ████ ██████ ████
████████ █████ ████ █████
████████ ▀█████ ██ ██████
████████    ▀▀██  ███████
▀███████         ▀███████
   ▀▀███            ▀▀███
       ▀                ▀
Strugg
Legendary

Activity: 882

NAV Coin [NAV]

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 03:03:08 PM

If you have 0 Neos you're welcome.  Neos is about more than just being a currency or a piece of software.  Our community has grown and has some of the nicest and most talented people I've had the opportunity to speak with almost on a daily basis..  Neos is more about quality and synergy than the conversion rate.  Welcome to the community.  If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask I'm at your disposal.  Thank you very much for the support!

Best regards,

syntaks

PS

+1000 Great to see such active dev! Keep up amazing work twoturtles! Wink
I bought about 50k already, waiting for some more cheap coins though!
Cheers!

~ Strugg

NAV Coin [NAV] Community & PR Manager
Visit the Thread!
kenbytes

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 04:29:52 PM

This thread is very slow, whats happen with this coin?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: