Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:44:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NEOS]Neos v2.0.1 Released - Official Upgrade Thread - Performance & More  (Read 84731 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
twoturtles (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2014, 12:36:37 PM

I did the upgrade from version 2.0 to 2.0.1.

how exactly do i refresh the wallet to get the balance to show up?

Hey antonio,

It should show right up after you refresh the page.  If you're not seeing that, I'd be more than happy to teamview/vnc in and see what's going on and situate you.  I could have you fixed up within minutes most likely.

Best regards,

syntaks

Few quick questions first.

Could you please explain what you mean by "refresh" the page? The "refresh" button for the internet browser? I don't see a "refresh" button in the wallet.

Do I have to copy the wallet.dat from the appdata folder to the 2.0.1 installed folder? As in the c/programfilesx86/neos folder?

I tried opening the old 2.0 folder but get an errror. So I copied the 2.0 folder to a second computer and opened it there and all my coins showed up instantly so I believe my wallet.dat is not corrupt.

Yep, I just meant refresh the page.  As far as the 2.0.1 files are concerned, they should have just easily went right into the 'wallet' folder and updated.  If you'd like I'm available to remote in and upgrade you.

Best regards,

syntaks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
twoturtles (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2014, 09:56:03 PM

the buy support is really disappointing at the moment  Cheesy

Do you happen to know any hard-hitting scrypt or x11 miners?  We could use them on the multipool and that'd definitely facilitate some good support.

Best regards,

syntaks

twoturtles (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2014, 07:21:24 AM

Hey folks,

Just an update, we'll be testing some new alternative diff algorithms this weekend.  I'll keep everyone informed as to the outcome.  We're doing everything we can to make sure every angle of Neos is solid from the coinbase to the interface and there's a lot more than that in the works and coming.  If anyone has any questions or suggestions, please feel free to contact us.

Best regards,

syntaks

ereborltc

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 07:53:44 AM

Hey folks,

Just an update, we'll be testing some new alternative diff algorithms this weekend.  I'll keep everyone informed as to the outcome.  We're doing everything we can to make sure every angle of Neos is solid from the coinbase to the interface and there's a lot more than that in the works and coming.  If anyone has any questions or suggestions, please feel free to contact us.

Best regards,

syntaks
Sounds great boss, looking forward. I know from the 2.0.1 upgrade that this won't disappoint, can't wait to see this one!

Legendary / Hero Member

█████
█████   ▄▄██████▄▄
█████▄██████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
███████▀  ▄▄██▄▄  ▀█████▄
██████   ██▀  ▀██   █████
█████▌   ██▄▄▄
█████▌    ▀▀▀███▄
 █████   ██▄  ▄██   █████
 ▀█████▄  ▀▀██▀▀  ▄█████▀
  ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀██████████████▀▀
        ▀▀██████▀▀

.BILLSCASH.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Decentralized Microtask Platform on the Blockchain.
.With Encrypted User to User Messages.
  ───────
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Twitter
Facebook
Reddit

LinkedIn
Github
tempus
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 12:30:23 PM

Guys, here is a Thread you can nominate the best Dev we know:

2014 Proof of Honor (POH) Awards - Nominate an Individual!
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=855130.0

Syntaks already has some nominations, but I think hundreds..thousands...etc. would be appropriate... ;-)

ereborltc

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 12:55:50 PM

Guys, here is a Thread you can nominate the best Dev we know:

2014 Proof of Honor (POH) Awards - Nominate an Individual!
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=855130.0

Syntaks already has some nominations, but I think hundreds..thousands...etc. would be appropriate... ;-)

+1

Done! Although I'm not exactly sure how so I posted like everyone else Smiley

Legendary / Hero Member

█████
█████   ▄▄██████▄▄
█████▄██████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
███████▀  ▄▄██▄▄  ▀█████▄
██████   ██▀  ▀██   █████
█████▌   ██▄▄▄
█████▌    ▀▀▀███▄
 █████   ██▄  ▄██   █████
 ▀█████▄  ▀▀██▀▀  ▄█████▀
  ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀██████████████▀▀
        ▀▀██████▀▀

.BILLSCASH.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Decentralized Microtask Platform on the Blockchain.
.With Encrypted User to User Messages.
  ───────
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Twitter
Facebook
Reddit

LinkedIn
Github
cacvy3

Activity: 163
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 03:52:31 PM

Voted.  Thanks again for your hard work.
evok3d

Activity: 534
Merit: 250

The Protocol for the Audience Economy

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 04:05:19 PM
Last edit: November 17, 2014, 02:45:05 PM by evok3d

Tweet
https://twitter.com/ev0k3d/status/533287528582094850

Nomination Thread
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=855130.msg9542207#msg9542207

great support for syntaks! Cheers Smiley

M E   D I   A
P  R -    ▄▄███████▄▄   
  ▄██████▀██████▄ 
 ███████   ███████
▐██████     ██████▌
██████▌     ▐██████
▐██████     ██████▌
 ▀██████▄ ▄██████▀
   ▀███████████▀  
      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     
- T  O  C - O - L
MEDIA Protocol in Action
              ▄▄██████▄▄
            ▄████████████▄
           █████▌ ▀▀███████
   ▄████▄▄██████     ▀█████▌
 ▄███▀ ▀████████      ▐█████
▐███▌   ▐████████      ████▌
▐███    ██████████▄▄  ▐████
 ▀███▄▄████▀▀████████████▀
   ▀▀███▀▀     ▀▀████▀▀
   ▄▄▄████████████████▄▄▄    
 ████████████████████████▄  
▐███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀████▌ 
████████████▀▀▀        █████ 
█████████▀             █████ 
███████              ▐█████ 
█████▀               ██████ 
███▌              ▄██████ 
█████             ▄█████████ 
████▌          ▄▄██████████ 
▐████▄▄▄▄██████████████████▌ 
 ▀███████████████████████▀  
   ▀▀███████████████████▀    
twoturtles (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2014, 08:54:11 AM
Last edit: November 15, 2014, 09:05:49 AM by twoturtles

Hey folks,

I just wanted to let everyone know the new multipool frontend is up with more stats and info as well as a cosmetic overhaul and X11 support.  One thing to make mention is that since we don't have much SHA hash on there now, the profitability isn't showing so high.  More hash == more profitability.  These calculations aren't being done based on coinwarz or another site, they're actual figures calculated in based on the pool.  If anyone has any questions, requests, or issues please don't hesitate to contact us.  The URL is http://mp.neoscoin.com

Best regards,

syntaks

twoturtles (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2014, 10:22:40 AM

Hey folks,

The multipool is fee-free (0%) until December 1, 2014.  Also on December 1, 2014 at 17:00 - we will be choosing a miner from the multipool at random to win 2500 Neos.

Best regards,

syntaks

evok3d

Activity: 534
Merit: 250

The Protocol for the Audience Economy

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 02:39:46 PM

Updated above and removed new update for PoH.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=835131.msg9542776#msg9542776

M E   D I   A
P  R -    ▄▄███████▄▄   
  ▄██████▀██████▄ 
 ███████   ███████
▐██████     ██████▌
██████▌     ▐██████
▐██████     ██████▌
 ▀██████▄ ▄██████▀
   ▀███████████▀  
      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     
- T  O  C - O - L
MEDIA Protocol in Action
              ▄▄██████▄▄
            ▄████████████▄
           █████▌ ▀▀███████
   ▄████▄▄██████     ▀█████▌
 ▄███▀ ▀████████      ▐█████
▐███▌   ▐████████      ████▌
▐███    ██████████▄▄  ▐████
 ▀███▄▄████▀▀████████████▀
   ▀▀███▀▀     ▀▀████▀▀
   ▄▄▄████████████████▄▄▄    
 ████████████████████████▄  
▐███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀████▌ 
████████████▀▀▀        █████ 
█████████▀             █████ 
███████              ▐█████ 
█████▀               ██████ 
███▌              ▄██████ 
█████             ▄█████████ 
████▌          ▄▄██████████ 
▐████▄▄▄▄██████████████████▌ 
 ▀███████████████████████▀  
   ▀▀███████████████████▀    
Youghoor

Activity: 1036
Merit: 275

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 03:28:59 PM

thanks for the update
tylerderden
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1025

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 01:53:57 AM

hey syntaks. i have an issue with my web wallet. it was fine and then one day it just died. i have tried manualy restarting the services and all i get is a blank page. i know its different than a qt wallet where as i cant just move wallet.dat to another computer and restart. is there a file or some files i can copy and move to another computer to try and restart from there or something?
portice
Legendary

Activity: 999

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 01:57:43 AM

http://forum.neoscoin.com/

You guys should come here and buy some video cards for neos

Possibly have some gridseeds available too if anyone interested
twoturtles (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2014, 02:07:37 AM

hey syntaks. i have an issue with my web wallet. it was fine and then one day it just died. i have tried manualy restarting the services and all i get is a blank page. i know its different than a qt wallet where as i cant just move wallet.dat to another computer and restart. is there a file or some files i can copy and move to another computer to try and restart from there or something?

Hey tyler,

I'm going to go out on a whim here and guess you're on Windows but if I'm wrong let me know.  We've had a handful of people experience this after a reboot or a shutdown/power loss due to the coin daemon not exiting cleanly.  Would you consider yourself an "advanced user" or not so much?  If not, no worries I can teamview in and fix the corrupt database.  If you are, you can take the following steps:

1.  Stop the Neos services
2.  Click start and then type in: cmd
3.  Once you're at a dos prompt, type in: cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\Neos" - then hit enter
4.  Type: neoscoind -datadir=neos-data -reindex

The last step will take some time but it'll fix the issue.  Once it's complete, start the Neos services back up and you should be good to go.  My apologies for this as it seems taking the services route for the latest release isn't working out as well for some as we had hoped it would.  In the next release (2.0.2) we've taken care of many of these nuances and annoyances and replaced our methods with improved ones.  In plain English, it's bullshit and unacceptable and I'm annoyed that even a handful of people like yourself have to go through it if even just once.  If the steps above don't fix the issue, please let me know and I'll personally make sure it gets squared away through teamviewer/vnc or however else you'd prefer.  Once the reindexing completes, it'll return you back to a dos prompt (C:\Program Files (x86)\Neos).  That's when you'll know it's time to restart the services provided no issues follow that.  If you have any other issues or questions during the interim, feel free to post or send me a message and we'll square away anything that surfaces.

Best regards,

syntaks

tylerderden
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1025

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 09:22:20 AM

hey man, after i entered neoscoind -datadir=neos-data -reindex i got error:error opening block database

thanks in advance for your help bro, sorry i've turned into the problem child lol
twoturtles (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2014, 10:20:21 AM

hey man, after i entered neoscoind -datadir=neos-data -reindex i got error:error opening block database

thanks in advance for your help bro, sorry i've turned into the problem child lol

You're not anything other than someone suffering the wrath of permissions issues. =)  No problem here at all, that's what I'm here for.  I saw this on another install last night where the service was running as admin, so the database was created with admin write permissions.  Modify the permissions on the 'blocks' directory so that you're able to write to it as the user you're logged in as.  If that fails, rename the directory 'blocks' to 'old.blocks' and restart the service this time instead of from the command line (as you'll be re-downloading the chain anyhow).  I'll send you a copy of the beta launcher instead also if all else fails and that will clear things up.

Best regards,

syntaks

Mrboot
Legendary

Activity: 1204

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 02:18:22 PM

You're not anything other than someone suffering the wrath of permissions issues. =)  No problem here at all, that's what I'm here for.  I saw this on another install last night where the service was running as admin, so the database was created with admin write permissions.  Modify the permissions on the 'blocks' directory so that you're able to write to it as the user you're logged in as.  If that fails, rename the directory 'blocks' to 'old.blocks' and restart the service this time instead of from the command line (as you'll be re-downloading the chain anyhow).  I'll send you a copy of the beta launcher instead also if all else fails and that will clear things up.

Best regards,

syntaks

I can confirm that Tongue he helped me last night , Thanks a lot for your help syn +1 on dev !
twoturtles (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2014, 09:17:36 PM

Any update?

reflector

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 11:22:23 PM

Any update?

twoturtles,
with all due respect (and there is a lot of that here), a multipool and one-on-one help is not going to help our coin in any meaningful way at this point.  Blackcoin came up with the coin-specific multipool idea, and it was largely successful, at least in the early days, and possibly in the days to come.  Personalized help, while a noble and romantic ideal, somehow doesn't work as well on the internet as it does in a neighborhood.

What is at the forefront of blockchain tech?  Anon?  Offline staking?  Proof of Burn?  I'm sure I'm out of touch, but let's throw our tremendous energy toward that (whatever that is)

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: