Bitcoin Forum
December 07, 2016, 02:37:21 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.13.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 118 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BitcoinMax.com] Closed  (Read 178453 times)
DutchBrat

Activity: 868

View Profile
June 17, 2012, 02:49:06 PM

200 BTC sended please check !

I wonder if people don't realize how easy it would be to find their TX based on timing and login to their bitcoin max account, or track how much they deposit over time.

Especially since it is all there on the website when you log in to it  Wink

When it's in the blockchain its visible on your account-page !

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fanquake
Donator

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 17, 2012, 03:02:40 PM

I wonder if people don't realize how easy it would be to find their TX based on timing and login to their bitcoin max account, or track how much they deposit over time.

This has already been discussed.

Is anyone concerned, in terms of security, with the current website login of:

username: <forum name>
password: <deposit address>

Just thinking out loud, but taking an example, let's say we know someone sent 45 BTC on or before a specific date/time. We know who it was because they posted 'whoa, I just sent 45 BTC!' here in this forum (I notice there are several members who have posted their deposit amounts looking back at the post history).

The blockchain can be easily searched for all 45 BTC transactions prior to that date (for, say, the period 2 or 3 days prior). There may be several matching hits, but likely not a huge number.

We know the user's bitcoinmax.com name from the forum here. We could then try a login at bitcoinmax.com using that name and the various deposit addresses found from the blockchain matching 45 BTC. Eventually the login would be successful and the 'imposter' would have access to the account.

I may be missing something (and I hope I am), but I'm asking for someone to convince me that the <forum name>/<deposit address> system used by bitcoinmax.com is secure from a hack similar to what I've described above.

chsados

Activity: 652

View Profile
June 17, 2012, 06:33:56 PM

This has already been discussed.

Is anyone concerned, in terms of security, with the current website login of:

username: <forum name>
password: <deposit address>

Just thinking out loud, but taking an example, let's say we know someone sent 45 BTC on or before a specific date/time. We know who it was because they posted 'whoa, I just sent 45 BTC!' here in this forum (I notice there are several members who have posted their deposit amounts looking back at the post history).

The blockchain can be easily searched for all 45 BTC transactions prior to that date (for, say, the period 2 or 3 days prior). There may be several matching hits, but likely not a huge number.

We know the user's bitcoinmax.com name from the forum here. We could then try a login at bitcoinmax.com using that name and the various deposit addresses found from the blockchain matching 45 BTC. Eventually the login would be successful and the 'imposter' would have access to the account.

I may be missing something (and I hope I am), but I'm asking for someone to convince me that the <forum name>/<deposit address> system used by bitcoinmax.com is secure from a hack similar to what I've described above.

very good point.  I suggest at least the ability to change your usernames
ErebusBat

Activity: 560

I am the one who knocks

View Profile
June 17, 2012, 06:45:47 PM

very good point.  I suggest at least the ability to change your usernames
Or even better our passwords Wink

░▒▓█ Coinroll.it - 1% House Edge Dice Game █▓▒░ • Coinroll Thread • *FREE* 100 BTC Raffle

Signup for CEX.io BitFury exchange and get GHS Instantly!  Don't wait for shipping, mine NOW!
bitsire

Activity: 203

View Profile
June 17, 2012, 08:15:56 PM

Can someone please clarify -

accounts default to automatic re-investing of interest, however lenders can update this at any time from the bitcoinmax.com login area.

Q. How do I withdraw?
A. That's still via PM at the moment.

So if someone opts to not reinvest the interest, is there a way to have the interest automatically returned or would you have to request a withdraw of the interest every week via PM? Just not sure if the PM withdraw request refers to principal only or all withdraws.

Thanks!
Epoch
Legendary

Activity: 917

View Profile
June 17, 2012, 08:17:40 PM

So if someone opts to not reinvest the interest, is there a way to have the interest automatically returned or would have to request a withdraw of the interest every week via PM?

If you opt out of re-investing, your weekly interest is automatically sent to your withdrawal address. No need to PM.

BTC: 1DJVUnLuPA2bERTkyeir8bKn1eSoRCrYvx
NMC: NFcfHSBBnq622pAr1Xoh9KtnBPA5CUn6id
bitsire

Activity: 203

View Profile
June 17, 2012, 08:19:00 PM

So if someone opts to not reinvest the interest, is there a way to have the interest automatically returned or would have to request a withdraw of the interest every week via PM?

If you opt out of re-investing, your weekly interest is automatically sent to your withdrawal address. No need to PM.

That's the clarification I was looking for - thanks a lot!
fuxianhui888

Activity: 205

View Profile
June 17, 2012, 10:52:59 PM

I can't login my account today.... Huh Huh Huh
payb.tc

Activity: 812

View Profile
June 17, 2012, 11:03:40 PM

i can

did you forget your username and/or deposit address?
ErebusBat

I am the one who knocks

View Profile
June 18, 2012, 12:10:47 AM

I logged in earlier today ok.

░▒▓█ Coinroll.it - 1% House Edge Dice Game █▓▒░ • Coinroll Thread • *FREE* 100 BTC Raffle

Signup for CEX.io BitFury exchange and get GHS Instantly!  Don't wait for shipping, mine NOW!
NothinG

View Profile
June 18, 2012, 01:00:41 AM

Can you add the option for us to change our passwords?

payb.tc

View Profile
June 18, 2012, 01:11:45 AM

Can you add the option for us to change our passwords?

will do as soon as i can Wink
payb.tc

View Profile
June 18, 2012, 04:03:21 AM

[Just want to verify]
I can send at minimum 10 BTC any time I want to my deposit address and it will be added (manually or automatically, when ever it gets added)?

minimum account size is 10 BTC.

after you have an account, you can send deposits of any amount, even a satoshi, and they will get added to your balance automatically.

so, it turns out a few of my lenders have been sending quite a bit of 'dust' (transactions lower than 0.01) to their deposit addresses.

i haven't yet decided how i feel about this. first impression is bad, but maybe i'm being too picky and if it works it works.

just thinking out loud.
Valalvax

Activity: 439

View Profile
June 18, 2012, 04:05:16 AM

[Just want to verify]
I can send at minimum 10 BTC any time I want to my deposit address and it will be added (manually or automatically, when ever it gets added)?

after you have an account, you can send deposits of any amount, even a satoshi, and they will get added to your balance automatically.

so, it turns out a few of my lenders have been sending quite a bit of 'dust' (transactions lower than 0.01) to their deposit addresses.

i haven't yet decided how i feel about this. first impression is bad, but maybe i'm being too picky and if it works it works.

just thinking out loud.

Imo, minimum deposit amount should be 1, or at the very least, .5, if you can't bother to wait until you have that much, touch shit... I mean... you know?
fatigue

Activity: 196

Bitcoin is a food group.

View Profile
June 18, 2012, 04:05:34 AM

[Just want to verify]

just thinking out loud.

It should only be an issue if the process requires manual work from you. If that is the case i would be quite irritated if i were you.
RoloTonyBrownTown

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 18, 2012, 04:07:36 AM

[Just want to verify]

just thinking out loud.

Imo, minimum deposit amount should be 1, or at the very least, .5, if you can't bother to wait until you have that much, touch shit... I mean... you know?

I'm not sure why anyone would bother sending 0.01 "dust" anyway.   What are you going to get out of it?  0.00069BTC in interest?   What's the point Cheesy

Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 700

Wat

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2012, 04:08:33 AM

[Just want to verify]

just thinking out loud.

You should have a minimum transaction amount if it bothers you Smiley

payb.tc

View Profile
June 18, 2012, 04:18:52 AM

You should have a minimum transaction amount if it bothers you Smiley

i should first work out why it bothers me.

but fatigue brings up a good point. it is 100% automated and requires no extra work on my part.

the only 2 issues i see are:

increased tx fees when bundling all these tiny bits together (not a real issue yet)
more rows than necessary in bitcoinmax db, which may eventually affect performance (not a real issue yet)

i suppose i shouldn't complain that people are sending me money Cheesy

keep it up, forget i mentioned it.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1092

Will read PM's. Have more time lately

View Profile
June 18, 2012, 04:45:52 AM

[Just want to verify]

just thinking out loud.

*blinks and raises hand* Oops?  Grin

My BTC Tip Jar: 1Pgvfy19uwtYe5o9dg3zZsAjgCPt3XZqz9 , GPG ID: B3AAEEB0 ,OTC ID: johnthedong
Escrow service is available on a case by case basis! (PM Me to verify I'm the escrow!)

payb.tc

View Profile
June 18, 2012, 04:51:11 AM

[Just want to verify]

just thinking out loud.

*blinks and raises hand* Oops?  Grin

heh, doesn't it make things more difficult for you? with respect to your account history & earnings reports?

i'd want to keep them as short and simple as possible, but that's probably just my personal preference.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 118 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.