Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 11:10:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Texas Hold'em and Omaha/Omaha8 Poker Room - NL, Limit, Potlimit games  (Read 88112 times)
hippich (OP)

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 30, 2010, 02:05:51 PM

Yeah, and I lost 10 bitcoins... Although, as usual for me in poker room =)))

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
nelisky
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 30, 2010, 02:43:31 PM

Just been playing. The general sensation is good, but one small thing kept bugging me, as setting the raise amount manually in the text box would never assume the changed value. If changing using the slide it works ok, though.

The other thing I got is once Insti, which was already there, left while I was playing against LINKOU which had joined after myself, the whole thing slowed down to a crawl eventually killing the flash plugin with it. Might have been unrelated, but hey...
hippich (OP)

View Profile
August 30, 2010, 03:54:39 PM

Changing value is definitely bug in client. I will look into it once I will get back home from work. As for flash - in theory it's used only to play audio, but I will definitely change this into HTML5 <audio> soon.

I need to setup bugtraq for this project.. %)

hippich (OP)

View Profile
August 31, 2010, 03:40:05 AM

Fixed issue with manual setting raise amount. Also made slider to act realtime (instead setting value when you finished sliding)

Also implemented buttons with CSS3. Sorry IE8 and previous owners, you will see plain square buttons instead =(

Rearranged buttons as we discussed before, removed these pot, 1/2, etc buttons and made left buttons to be more easy to use. Comments on buttons welcome, since it is first time I work on UI stuff =))

FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2010, 03:57:06 AM

Oh, that's much better.

Have you stopped the rake for now?

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
hippich (OP)

View Profile
August 31, 2010, 04:03:31 AM

not yet, but i already spoke with creators of poker-network software, and they pointed me to how i can do it. i will work on it tomorrow.

FreeMoney
Legendary

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2010, 04:39:15 AM

Cool. To be clear, I absolutely think you should rake it a little bit when it's good to go. You need money for advertising and promotion and eventually to get it on a good server or even two(?). But while it's in testing it's kind of silly. You'll want to know how to adjust in the future anyway.

hippich (OP)

View Profile
September 01, 2010, 04:01:58 AM

Cool. To be clear, I absolutely think you should rake it a little bit when it's good to go. You need money for advertising and promotion and eventually to get it on a good server or even two(?). But while it's in testing it's kind of silly. You'll want to know how to adjust in the future anyway.

Hey, I finally did it. And I totally agree with you. =) So from now plays at BP are absolutelly free. (but not forever =))

Any idea what needed to be implemented/fixed before opening it to public? I really like idea of doing tourneys, but it will take a while to code this part. 

Do we need full-fledged profiles, or it's better to keep users anonymous? May be some kind of ratings (but what we should rate here?).

Anyway, I want to fix few nasty bugs, and open it to public finally. And work from there depending on what people want and how. Backend is pretty solid.

Need to shop for good domain name for it. If someone got some idea for domain name - let me know too =)

FreeMoney
Legendary

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2010, 09:08:28 AM

My preference would be keeping things anonymous. Since it's going to start slow, a message about when peak time is would be good.

Security is very important. Both actually being secure and finding a way to convince people that it's true. Honestly I'll play lowish stakes without worrying, but I wouldn't recommend it or play higher until there was a third party review or something. Security should be an ongoing process, too, of course. As it grows hacking it will be more and more lucrative. And the nature of bitcoin is such that once a hack is successful there is no fixing it.

I'm thinking about domain names now, I'll let you know if I think of anything decent.

Anonymous

September 01, 2010, 10:12:48 AM

@hippich

I thought of one for you -check your messages  Smiley
nelisky
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile
September 01, 2010, 11:06:00 AM

So, playing a bit more...

'I' call, 'he' raises, 'I'... don't get any action buttons, my time starts counting and I time out. The hand is closed with 'he' winning (everyone folded) and the next hand simply doesn't start. Sound plays fine, messages work fine too, just a lost hand that was actually quite good and no more cards. Good thing it's the micro stakes table!
TTBit
Legendary

Activity: 1136

View Profile
September 01, 2010, 12:33:43 PM

I would suggest doing something different than rake. Maybe a much smaller time charge or even a monthly fee option. i.e. can pay X.99 BTC per mo or have my pots raked.

don't even know if possible.

good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment
TTBit
Legendary

Activity: 1136

View Profile
September 01, 2010, 12:39:23 PM

I was thinking -  couldn't this site be marketed as 'produce bitcoins on your computer and play them here' and 'ultimate free play poker site.' Therefore, play would be legal in the US, as this is just fake money.  Of course, we would all know that anyone could buy bitcoins and then cash them out at MtGox, as producing bitcoins is a problem for most.

I thought gambling in japan had a format like this. It is illegal to gamble, but you can buy those pachinko balls for x yen, play, then another store across the street buys them back from you.

good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment
hippich (OP)

View Profile
September 01, 2010, 01:05:00 PM

My preference would be keeping things anonymous. Since it's going to start slow, a message about when peak time is would be good.

Security is very important. Both actually being secure and finding a way to convince people that it's true. Honestly I'll play lowish stakes without worrying, but I wouldn't recommend it or play higher until there was a third party review or something. Security should be an ongoing process, too, of course. As it grows hacking it will be more and more lucrative. And the nature of bitcoin is such that once a hack is successful there is no fixing it.

I'm thinking about domain names now, I'll let you know if I think of anything decent.

Hm. I didn't thought much about security.. I've got idea today in the shower - I think I will setup cron job, which will transfer money regulary to another address(es) keeping only small amount to keep small withdrawals automated. If someone will decide withdraw 10X of what usually gets withdrawn per day, he will get his order in status "Pending" and I will recieve email to check if everything is fine, then transfer money to BP wallet and resubmit his requests.

This way even if someone will get total control over server, disaster will not happen.

As for security in general - I have experience working in this fields from both sides, so it's something i know already. And this server, where it's hosted, is dedicated server and fully in my control. If things will roll, I will move to separate server just for poker room.

But yeah, I like idea start slow. This is something I had in mind too. It's easy and in the same time, will fit better. =)

hippich (OP)

View Profile
September 01, 2010, 01:06:03 PM

@hippich

I thought of one for you -check your messages  Smiley

Great find!!! Thank you, I will do shopping today! =)

hippich (OP)

View Profile
September 01, 2010, 01:07:47 PM

So, playing a bit more...

'I' call, 'he' raises, 'I'... don't get any action buttons, my time starts counting and I time out. The hand is closed with 'he' winning (everyone folded) and the next hand simply doesn't start. Sound plays fine, messages work fine too, just a lost hand that was actually quite good and no more cards. Good thing it's the micro stakes table!

This is one of these nasty bugs I mentioned above. This happens when connectivity with server goes bad just for one request. I also got this behivior few times (with other buttons, like fold, raise, call). So it's something I want to fix asap.

hippich (OP)

View Profile
September 01, 2010, 01:11:05 PM

I was thinking -  couldn't this site be marketed as 'produce bitcoins on your computer and play them here' and 'ultimate free play poker site.' Therefore, play would be legal in the US, as this is just fake money.  Of course, we would all know that anyone could buy bitcoins and then cash them out at MtGox, as producing bitcoins is a problem for most.

I thought gambling in japan had a format like this. It is illegal to gamble, but you can buy those pachinko balls for x yen, play, then another store across the street buys them back from you.

As for rake/monthly fee/donations - will see. If project will roll - we will find out what best fit this community. I have total control over this poker room, so whatever will work best for us I can implement. (It's based on opensource components!)

As for marketing - you are right. I do not want to make bitcoin = dollar. And it's a reason why I want to be completelly separated from any exchanger, just to make sure, it's still "play money".

hippich (OP)

View Profile
September 01, 2010, 07:40:10 PM

2Insti&semyazza

Regarding this Ad = 2c issue. I've found jpoker replaces identificators "Ad" with "Ax" in order to avoid ads blocking software. And of course, I missed this =)

So what happened - turn card showed (lowest) 2c card image instead of correct Ad card image, since it didn't matched Ad card CSS class.

I will fix this today in the evening.

Thank you for finding these weird bugs!!

hippich (OP)

View Profile
September 02, 2010, 03:04:51 AM

Fixed bug with wrong Ad card displayed.

Added lock on buttons, so now if you click multiple times on fold/raise/etc buttons, they will send request only once to server. Previously, if you clicked twice on these buttons and server did not responded fast it could generate two separate events and it acted as you clicked same button in next deal.

Fixed some random flashs of cards (which were refered, like you were able to see oponents cards. In reality this is cards from previous deal).

Added credits page, and cool domain name - thank you noagendamarket =)

next "features" will be captcha on login/register pages, password retrieve feature and support for uploadable avatars!

FreeMoney
Legendary

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2010, 09:25:29 AM

I saw myself bet .04 that I didn't think I bet, and then was raised to .04 very quickly (simultaneously? not sure). I think it displayed my opponent's raise in front of both of us.

There should be a clear "sitting out" notice on a player who is now sitting out. Is it changing color for that right now?

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: