Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 04:09:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Texas Hold'em and Omaha/Omaha8 Poker Room - NL, Limit, Potlimit games  (Read 88123 times)
hippich (OP)

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 06, 2011, 07:22:45 PM

iamhiv, thank you for your info. First also said that he got disappeared buttons after Rebuy, so I assume this is right way to dig it. Will test this locally.

As for unable to raise - sounds like you are correct - some small part is being rounded wrong way somewhere. Will look into this as well.

"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2011, 07:52:16 PM

bug -- guy bet 22 or something on the river, i had 29 left or something and tried to click raise button, but it wouldn't take - after clicking it a dozen times i was timing out and clicked call, which worked...  just an fyi

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Betting_in_poker#Incomplete_bet_or_raise

You can move all in for less.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2011, 07:53:42 PM

well.. i can't rid of them 'cos some people like slow play.. Just sit at fast table and may be join slow table and offer player to join fast table.

it's gotten to the point where of 9 other players, 5 take the FULL time to make a decision. reallyfuckingsucks.com !

Start 30 second games?

But really this is why sites have a normal time and a time bank. Sometimes you need extra time, but that's no reason to give every time.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
pokermon919

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 06, 2011, 08:06:36 PM

suggestion: when there is a showdown the loser shouldn't be able to muck their hand. Although its recorded in the  hand history its a pain that i had to go through it to see what my opponent was playing with.

The loser is able to muck their hand if the winning hand is shown first. This is standard for all poker rooms.

You're able to see the hand because those hands are available on request in all poker rooms.

if there is a showdown the loser shouldn't be able to muck the losing hand.
hippich (OP)

View Profile
July 06, 2011, 08:09:02 PM

suggestion: when there is a showdown the loser shouldn't be able to muck their hand. Although its recorded in the  hand history its a pain that i had to go through it to see what my opponent was playing with.

The loser is able to muck their hand if the winning hand is shown first. This is standard for all poker rooms.

You're able to see the hand because those hands are available on request in all poker rooms.

We were discussing this a lot. We came to conclusion that to take good from both approaches, we will allow to muck loosing hand, but show full hands in history.

pokermon919

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 06, 2011, 08:16:24 PM

We were discussing this a lot. We came to conclusion that to take good from both approaches, we will allow to muck loosing hand, but show full hands in history.

what good would there be to allow the losing hand to muck when there is a showdown? You just making more than half the ppl go through hand history when it doesn't need to be that way.
hippich (OP)

View Profile
July 06, 2011, 08:20:38 PM

in real life you are allowed to muck loosing hand if you are after winning hand. the bluff is huge part of the game and mucking hand is important part of it. In online poker it would be good to have option to see mucked hand in order to prevent misuse of this feature.

anisoptera

Activity: 308

View Profile
July 06, 2011, 08:47:32 PM

what good would there be to allow the losing hand to muck when there is a showdown? You just making more than half the ppl go through hand history when it doesn't need to be that way.

Please find me a single online poker site where it doesn't work that way. It's easier to code it the way you want, by the way - all the other sites wrote code to make it work this way, same as we did.

The point of mucking is to, well, muck your hand. In a real poker room it's considered poor etiquette to ask to see someone's mucked cards, but you're allowed to. So online, you have to take extra steps to get the cards.

Pushed a fix for the all-in issue. Once it's on the server, you should be able to hit Raise and have it work no matter what.

The bet input box now works as well. So, when the slider doesn't quite get you there (i.e. you have that extra .25 in your stack), just type in a larger number than you actually have. The client will bet the maximum possible in that case.

This is the quick-fix - I have a better solution for the all-in issue but it needs more testing than this one, and it's kind of important to fix, so you get the monkeypatch first Smiley

Trayber

Activity: 336
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 07, 2011, 07:27:44 AM

suggestion: when there is a showdown the loser shouldn't be able to muck their hand. Although its recorded in the  hand history its a pain that i had to go through it to see what my opponent was playing with.

You obviously havent played live poker before. Like the admins state its poor etiquette to demand to see the losing hand. This is not a tournament where in All-in situations players have to show their cards face up. This is a cash game it is not required. Also, I'd like to ask you to stop berating the bad players on the site when you go back and look at their losing hands and making fun of them in the chat box. I have seen you do this alot and I say nothing when a bad player plays bad cards because I don't want them to leave or change how they are playing. Kid you have a lot of growing up to do. Get out of your moms basement and become a man.
Fjordbit

Activity: 588

firstbits.com/1kznfw

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2011, 06:05:46 PM
Last edit: July 07, 2011, 08:21:33 PM by Fjordbit

Also, I'd like to ask you to stop berating the bad players on the site when you go back and look at their losing hands and making fun of them in the chat box. I have seen you do this alot and I say nothing when a bad player plays bad cards because I don't want them to leave or change how they are playing.

Amen. The one thing I don't like about the site is the culture. I beat people and they yell at me that I'm a bad poker player. If you think someone is bad, then just play them. They are probably just having fun while you're making money.

(note I don't think pokermon919 did this to me, but it is a common issue with the players there, calling out "fish" etc)
luv2drnkbr

Activity: 793
Merit: 1016

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 09:49:15 AM

x-post from new real tangible physical bitcoin coin that seemed appropriate here:

So I've been at the Rio pretty much 24/7 during the World Series of Poker.  I got a new card protector in the mail today...  what do you guys think??..

https://i.imgur.com/y217W.jpg

And using it to spread the word about Bitcoin:

https://i.imgur.com/JrXqk.jpg

2weiX
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1005

this space intentionally left blank

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 04:54:49 PM

x-post from new real tangible physical bitcoin coin that seemed appropriate here:

So I've been at the Rio pretty much 24/7 during the World Series of Poker.  I got a new card protector in the mail today...  what do you guys think??..

https://i.imgur.com/y217W.jpg

And using it to spread the word about Bitcoin:

https://i.imgur.com/JrXqk.jpg

subtle braggery!
Melbustus
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 08:28:26 PM

suggestion: when there is a showdown the loser shouldn't be able to muck their hand. Although its recorded in the  hand history its a pain that i had to go through it to see what my opponent was playing with.

You obviously havent played live poker before. Like the admins state its poor etiquette to demand to see the losing hand. This is not a tournament where in All-in situations players have to show their cards face up. This is a cash game it is not required. Also, I'd like to ask you to stop berating the bad players on the site when you go back and look at their losing hands and making fun of them in the chat box. I have seen you do this alot and I say nothing when a bad player plays bad cards because I don't want them to leave or change how they are playing. Kid you have a lot of growing up to do. Get out of your moms basement and become a man.

Agreed about berating the bad players, but on all the big online sites, any player dealt into the hand (cash or tourney) can easily see an opponent's mucked showdown hand. Yes, it's a different culture than live games, where as you note, it is indeed poor etiquette to ask (though you always have the option). There are a lot of "cultural" differences between online and live play, and this is one of them. Given that we're talking about an online poker room, I'd argue that the online culture/status-quo is what most readily applies.

Bitcoin is the first monetary system to credibly offer perfect information to all economic participants.
done

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 09:34:45 PM

fun site
anisoptera

Activity: 308

View Profile
July 11, 2011, 03:01:15 AM

Agreed about berating the bad players, but on all the big online sites, any player dealt into the hand (cash or tourney) can easily see an opponent's mucked showdown hand.

After they bring up the hand history. It's not displayed at the table.

The client will now never post the BB out of position; it will always wait for the BB to come around before auto-posting.

In the future, of course, you'll be able to select whether you want to auto-post blinds and also whether you want to post OOP. But for now, this seemed like the most sensible choice. Smiley

PandaMiner

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 14, 2011, 09:14:33 AM

The client will now never post the BB out of position; it will always wait for the BB to come around before auto-posting.

I noticed. I didn't like it before hand.

Also, I'm having problems when trying to make a withdraw.  Say I have 2.86 BTC, and I want to take a portion out, like 1.5, it doesn't let me.  I can take out 1, or 2, but not the decimals?

❘|❘ NEUFUND Re-Imagine ICOs | Connect off- and on-chain with equity tokens | Enjoy risk-free commitment
JOIN THE ICBM | JOIN THE DISCUSSION
hippich (OP)

View Profile
July 14, 2011, 01:13:13 PM

Also, I'm having problems when trying to make a withdraw.  Say I have 2.86 BTC, and I want to take a portion out, like 1.5, it doesn't let me.  I can take out 1, or 2, but not the decimals?

Non decimals should work fine. Did you receive message that your withdrawal needs additional processing or it did not go through at all?

PandaMiner

View Profile
July 14, 2011, 08:53:51 PM

Also, I'm having problems when trying to make a withdraw.  Say I have 2.86 BTC, and I want to take a portion out, like 1.5, it doesn't let me.  I can take out 1, or 2, but not the decimals?

Non decimals should work fine. Did you receive message that your withdrawal needs additional processing or it did not go through at all?

That's what I'm saying, non-decimals are fine, but the actual decimals aren't fine.

It errors out.. says something about "wrong number." I can't remember.

EDIT:

I think I figured it out....  You know how it has your chips balance, and then your BTC balance in parenthesis? Well, the BTC balance is ROUNDED to the nearest bit cent.  So, I had 285.75 chips and (2.86 ฿). So, when I tried to take out coins, I put 1.86 btc, but that's wrong. I should have put 1.85 btc. (I wanted to leave 1 coin in there)

So, when your script is rounding UP, the btc balance in essence, is wrong. It won't let you take out that amount. When it's rounding DOWN, there's no problem.

❘|❘ NEUFUND Re-Imagine ICOs | Connect off- and on-chain with equity tokens | Enjoy risk-free commitment
hippich (OP)

View Profile
July 14, 2011, 08:56:23 PM

That's very strange, since I approved batch of withdrawal today and 90% of them are x.xx type of numbers.

just random thought - do you use dot or comma? never tried comma and pretty sure it will not work.

PandaMiner

View Profile
July 14, 2011, 09:03:35 PM

I edited my last post, but you probably won't see it unless I make this post.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: