Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:28:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SCAM] BLOCKNET: The Metcalf/Prom Alt-Coin Cartel Scam Exposed  (Read 100086 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
mr_random
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 09:03:40 PM

Zzzzzz. Cut the noble bullshit, only a retard wouldn't see straight through your veil of FUD.

The price of XC, this poll - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=842330.0 and the majority of the forum members have made it so aweful your group is having to switch forums.

I believe the majority has spoken.  Enjoy your circlejerk at the new XC forums.

The majority of forum members lol. You mean a bunch of noob accounts created to spread FUD. You're the most vocal opponent of XC and you only joined here this month. What a coincidence.

I envy your life, making FUD posts about XC and Dan the central core of your very existence. Haha  Kiss

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 09:06:53 PM

OP updated.

UPDATE:

XC's PR man synechist was quick to issue a statement regarding the leak . Unfortunately, in his haste he may have revealed more than he intended to:

"However such logs are not provably truthful, and in this case are false."

He doesn't say that the content of the conversation was inaccurate. He says the logs themselves are false. This begs the question, how could Synechist make the assertion that the logs were falsified if he was not part of the conversations? Was this was the only way for synechist to denounce the accusations without directly attacking (his co-conspirator?) Prometheus? If the logs are to be believed it would appear Prometheus has thrown a lot of jobs Mr Metcalf's way.

Synechist has revealed that he is paid for his work for XC, and with that being so it is perhaps unsurprising that he will go to any lengths and say almost anything to defend the project (after all, his livelihood depends on it.) He earns his money well.

Unfortunately for him, soon after claiming the logs to be false 00Smurf was good enough to post screenshots of the Skype conversations. The reaction from the XC camp is now to brush the matter aside as if synechist's word in itself should be enough to bring it to a close. It is an insult to the people who have bought BlockNet tokens that they should dismiss with such contempt the legitimate questions that have arisen.

XC has presented itself as the last bastion of ethicality in the cryptocurrency world. A project of high-minded ideals with the BlockNet the instantiation of some great collaborative spirit. The IRC logs paint these deals in an entirely different light. If Prometheus's claims are true they reveal the rank hypocrisy of the sanctimonious tone with which the XC and BlockNet projects have been sold to us.

The choice of coins that have been included in the BlockNet, and the questionable cast of characters behind them, suggest the project is anything but the great work of selfless crypto-unification it has been presented as. I will continue to update this if and when new evidence is presented.

Bump for clarity on the matter !

FUD first & ask questions later™
infinitechaos

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 09:12:50 PM

Problem is that you still have no EVIDENCE.

The problem is, more accurately, that there is very little evidence at all to support either side of these allegations.

It's all hearsay. It's Dan's word versus Prometheus' word.

At least Prometheus has some screenshots to back up that side of the story.

All Dan has is a set of brief and very general denial statements on this shitty forum and a history in crypto that aligns loosely with Prometheus' story.

It's a clusterfuck. And it doesn't look good for this whole scene.

And I say this as someone who yesterday morning was just deflecting FUD about the XC premine having been spent.

▄▄█████████████▄▄       
     ▄███▀▀▀         ▀▀▀███▄     
   ▄███▀       ▄▄▄       ▀███▄   
  ███▀       ▄██▀██▄       ▀███ 
 ▐██▌        ██   ██        ▐██▌
 ███         ██▐█▌██         ███
▐██▌          ▀▐█▌▀          ▐██▌
▐██▌          ▄▐█▌▄          ▐██▌
 ███         ██▐█▌██         ███
 ▐██▌        ██   ██        ▐██▌
  ███▄       ▀██▄██▀       ▄███ 
   ▀███▄       ▀▀▀       ▄███▀   
     ▀███▄▄           ▄▄███▀     
        ▀▀█████████████▀▀       
B I T N A T I O N
G O V E R N A N C E  2.0

Android app available now
▀█▄▄           
 ██▄▀███▄▄       
 ████▄▀████▀▄▄   
 ██████▄▀█▀█████
 █████▀▄███▄▀▀   
 ███▀▄██▀▀       
 █▀▄█▀▀         
INSTALL PANGEA
       IOS coming soon
00Smurf

Activity: 476

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 09:21:31 PM

Problem is that you still have no EVIDENCE.

The problem is, more accurately, that there is very little evidence at all to support either side of these allegations.

It's all hearsay. It's Dan's word versus Prometheus' word.

At least Prometheus has some screenshots to back up that side of the story.

All Dan has is a set of brief and very general denial statements on this shitty forum and a history in crypto that aligns loosely with Prometheus' story.

It's a clusterfuck. And it doesn't look good for this whole scene.

And I say this as someone who yesterday morning was just deflecting FUD about the XC premine having been spent.

There is plenty of circumstantial evidence, plus you have to look at the way people reacted and answered certain things.

Though i do know there wasn't any prom/dan connection till August.

They met through Aero coin.

Either way you could have cold hard facts and in controvertible proof and still people will follow others blindly. Its just the nature of humans.

There is a ton of investment now in BLOCK and people trapped having bought the IPO. So of course they can't abandon it. They have to try and preserve some value.

Lol and now i Have negative trust for posting the logs to set the record straight. Just goes to show you eh.
loges

Activity: 308

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 09:31:01 PM

OK I need someone to tell me a coin that hit the top 20  that wasn't pumped with a coordinated effort just like this. You are either all a bunch of hypocrites or have an agenda to fud.
Revelation

Activity: 462

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 09:33:10 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=15911.msg1806471#msg1806471

Guys look at this post. There are many like this. Only about hardware

please whitelist me and let me out of the newbie prison

I'm hardware guy, mining away on gpu's until i get an asic, hopefully 1 that is open-source community based

I'd have to go thru his post history (which I haven't) but to try to be fair.  There's really nothing in the world saying a software guy didn't start with mining.
I read all of Dan's 135 posts that were made before he left. Not a single post was about software or programming. Most of the posts are in hardware and almost every post is about mining or buying ASIC. Some posts are quite childish and funny, like this one:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=221368.msg2392741#msg2392741

However, the most concerning post is this one:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=235870.msg2790089#msg2790089
The best alt dev is asking a newbie question how the config file is working. This is such a shame.
NoMoreLies (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 09:59:07 PM

There is plenty of circumstantial evidence, plus you have to look at the way people reacted and answered certain things.

Though i do know there wasn't any prom/dan connection till August.

They met through Aero coin.

Either way you could have cold hard facts and in controvertible proof and still people will follow others blindly. Its just the nature of humans.

There is a ton of investment now in BLOCK and people trapped having bought the IPO. So of course they can't abandon it. They have to try and preserve some value.

Lol and now i Have negative trust for posting the logs to set the record straight. Just goes to show you eh.

Thank you for your posts. It's unfortunate about your trust rating, I don't think this is the right way to treat someone who has come forward with evidence that helps people make more informed decisions about their investments.

I have sent a personal message to the member in question, CanaryInTheMine, asking that he reconsider. I urge others to do the same. Thank you again.
stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 10:15:07 PM

Same parallels were touched upon here......

http://letstalkbitcoin.com/blog/post/lets-talk-bitcoin-156-the-moolah-story

....especially what happened when Ben Doernberg exposed, what he did.
NoMoreLies (OP)

Activity: 14

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 10:38:56 PM

Synechist again attacking the authenticity of the screenshots (reddit link) rather than the accuracy of Prometheus's cliams.

The obvious objection if they had no part in it would be to claim that Prometheus was simply lying.

I find him choosing this line of defence highly suspicious.
benthach
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2014, 10:40:08 PM

this is just smoke and mirrors, like others smoke and mirrors in crypto land. what Dan did wrong is collecting BTC by reviewing other codes and saying good thing about it without knowing the coins going to be scam or not. what i see in these crazy FUD storms is other coins or projects want to destroy this blocknet, ahem, the scam Supernet? again, blocknet itself is the best idea. the person starting this thread just registered yesterday for god sake, why would someone take this smoke and mirror so serious?

reddit btcwriter1 - twitter kingpininvestor
benthach
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2014, 10:57:41 PM

There is a group which is makeing all these scamcoins and P&D them... to bad there are multiple people who said  they have evidence that he was part of them and look all of them are in BlockNet.

Btw the scamer from Cloak are not gone they are just switched coin again so be careful they have big pumping guys behind them some also called BlackHandGroup.

I can ensure you i don't talk all the time just to have any profit for me. Cloak almost took 50% of my profit. And i will haunt them or find them i don't care.

this is just another smoke and mirrors, bitter and revenge. why cloak is dead? because the dev give up on his own project. i don't see xc or other coins as scam. only bitter person like you accused them so.

benthach
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2014, 11:00:23 PM

There is a group which is makeing all these scamcoins and P&D them... to bad there are multiple people who said  they have evidence that he was part of them and look all of them are in BlockNet.

Btw the scamer from Cloak are not gone they are just switched coin again so be careful they have big pumping guys behind them some also called BlackHandGroup.

I can ensure you i don't talk all the time just to have any profit for me. Cloak almost took 50% of my profit. And i will haunt them or find them i don't care.

this is just another smoke and mirrors, bitter and revenge. i don't see xc or other coins as scam. only bitter person like accused them so.

Its not.... i was there when Dan was fucking the community because i was one of them. And be sure that i will keep remember this day.

fuck what up, the cloak community? where is cloak dev right now?

UNO_owner

Activity: 299

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 11:01:20 PM

Well, they are to the point now where they are deleting any dissenting view, no matter how calmly presented.  Stay far away.

This was my post:

"The lack of coherent statements to discredit any of this combined with the recent revelations about the XC premine say it all in my eyes.  I'm sure we don't have the whole story yet and while there is no doubt some of the accusations against Dan are stupid and distract us from the truth - something is fishy as fishy can be.

You should allow those who have invested in BlockNET a refund if they want it."

benthach
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2014, 11:13:36 PM

this is just another smoke and mirrors, bitter and revenge. i don't see xc or other coins as scam. only bitter person like accused them so.

Its not.... i was there when Dan was fucking the community because i was one of them. And be sure that i will keep remember this day.

Gone vanished. I might know where he is but i don't have proof

yes, that's my point and the answer is there. cloakcoin dev have vanished and this is why the coin is dead, you can't blame anyone but the dev himself. cryptcoin dev also vanished and the coin also dead. Dan is still alive and well, he's still active with his projects. again, what Dan did wrong is reviewing other codes for BTC and he's asking all these coins that he have reviewed to join his Blocknet. in my book this not considered as scam.

benthach
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2014, 11:19:15 PM

yes, that's my point and the answer is there. cloakcoin dev have vanished and this is why the coin is dead, you can't blame anyone but the dev himself. cryptcoin dev also vanished and the coin also dead. Dan is still alive and well, he's still active with his projects.

I'm much more knowable about cloak then you think, its not one dev its a group/hackers/P&D's and i have proof that the Blackhandgroup was helping them.

you're still believing in your imagination, bitter and revenge though i have nothing more to say.

qawzsx

Activity: 280

NOT FUD! FACTS!

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 11:23:14 PM

yes, that's my point and the answer is there. cloakcoin dev have vanished and this is why the coin is dead, you can't blame anyone but the dev himself. cryptcoin dev also vanished and the coin also dead. Dan is still alive and well, he's still active with his projects.

I'm much more knowable about cloak then you think, its not one dev its a group/hackers/P&D's and i have proof that the Blackhandgroup was helping them.

you're still believing in your imagination, bitter and revenge though i have nothing more to say.

Nah i'm not i have IRC logs of them exchanging infos and other plans. But lowlife as you are, you don't know how to get to that aren't you.

That proves nothing. You have no idea how many "strange" kids are out there, playing a twisted game of imagination, talking like gangsters and shit Smiley this is internet
benthach
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2014, 11:24:07 PM

Nah i'm not i have IRC logs of them exchanging infos and other plans. But lowlife as you are, you don't know how to get to that aren't you.

you call me lowlife for no reason. person believed in bitter and revenge is you

qawzsx

Activity: 280

NOT FUD! FACTS!

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 11:28:51 PM

That proves nothing. You have no idea how many "strange" kids are out there, playing a twisted game of imagination, talking like gangsters and shit Smiley this is internet

I won't throw any proof talk about a different coin in here because we entering already to a conversation of nonsense. There is no argument you are doing just foul language and trying to calling me names won't get you anywhere.

I dealt with much more intense trolls, you are just a fly.. so don't come to me with kid shit...
Logic thinking and the ability to process information from different location is part of my hobby and it not only has to do with cryptocurrency, so spare me with your nonsense conversations.

You are fooling yourself  Grin

Cheers
vgolitsyn

Activity: 42

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 11:44:14 PM

Oh and yes, I have a crypto related chat that Dan is a member of... It's not a P&D crew.. it's just a hangout with me and people I like. Many members exchange tips there, I often will talk about coins i like.. a bit about TA and where I am on my projects. It is NOT a pump and dump crew at all.
Fuck this. I want a refund on Bittrex.

we need to start a petition for refunds i think !

I agree, or risk killing the future of Crypto
benthach
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2014, 11:47:09 PM

Oh and yes, I have a crypto related chat that Dan is a member of... It's not a P&D crew.. it's just a hangout with me and people I like. Many members exchange tips there, I often will talk about coins i like.. a bit about TA and where I am on my projects. It is NOT a pump and dump crew at all.
Fuck this. I want a refund on Bittrex.

we need to start a petition for refunds i think !

I agree, or risk killing the future of Crypto

trading involve risk, you can't just ask for refund when your stock just plunged 50%. i think it is just nonsense

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: