Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 05:47:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SCAM] BLOCKNET: The Metcalf/Prom Alt-Coin Cartel Scam Exposed  (Read 100095 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
NewWorldCoiner

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

Saved you from a scam? Send me some BTC!

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 08:10:49 PM

So dan can code or not ? 

These coin reviews he does? are we saying he pushes the code out to freelancers to review?

Can someone really not verify yes or no the guy can code or not?

All the reviews I've seen from him have been so high level and without any detail and insight that anyone could've written those reviews.

For example, the Stealthcoin's sms feature review - he just tried if it works and that's it. It wasn't a code review.

thats because he was only capitalizing on his trust by the community, im guessing he has zero coding skills which furthur perpetrates his entire career here as nothing more than another lying con man. i think its fucking hilarious myself. when will people learn, you earn trust, just saying hey im legit trust me is never enough. ESPECIALLY in alts for shits sake. its messed up that people i called out as scammers months ago (alty, dagger, metcalf, moolah) are all proving me right while people i have been defending continue to quietly keep doing what they are doing and doing it well. This is actually a good time for all of us. get these fucking pukes out of here and lets get back to making money and not all of this manipulation. Think about it moolah and metcalf in one week, thats two big wins for all of us.

Oh, so you're only guessing then?

If you think Dan can't code, prove it. There's still an unclaimed bounty for anyone who wants to try.

Or shall we just go and short BTC till they're a dollar each?

missing the point brother, hes a scammer either way. i dont care if he can code or not but everything else is a lie so why wouldnt that be? you do what you want. XC wont recover from this and neither will his rep.

Missing the point that you're guessing, or the point no-one broke Dan's code?

Go and claim that bounty before you start "guessing" if a guy can code or not.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 08:12:26 PM

the coder talking on the Blocknet ANN topic synchrist said he had been coding for 35 years eh

He doesn't look past the age of 17.

here ya go Wink

I'm forced to ask here because of being censored in the XC thread which is now locked and my questions deleted/redacted
Failing to answer these questions is highly suspicious and i would think it wise to just put an end to all of this and answer them once and for all

1: Did you develop hal in any way shape or form (answer clearly and explain what if at all you worked on for hal!)

2: Do you develop for util (again a straight forward answer yes or no and with an explanation of what you worked/work on if you did)

3: Can you list all of the people who formulated the blocknet with you and is prom bob fonats or any other known pump group in any way involved in the setup? (if so then detail specifically how and to what extent)

4: Please tell everyone here how you came to decide on these coins and did prom have anything to do with this?

5: Have you worked with prom or bob or fontas any other known pump group to date (yes or no and please detail specifically how and what you did and to what extent)

6: Have you done any code reviews on coins prom has be involved with (we know most of the blocknet coins prom is involved with)

7: Have you done code reviews for prom directly or him as a contact that lead you to do one?

8: has prom ever funded you in any way shape or form (elaborate please telling us what you did for prom if you did anything at all)

9: Are you the sole person doing your (Dan Metcalf) code reviews if not who are you outsourcing them to?

If anyone else has some questions for Dan Metcalf please feel free to ask in this thread so we can all put this to rest and move on.

as I stated before I answered all these questions, no i did not develop hal, no i did not develop for uitl, blocknet was my idea/formulation alone thus no p&d groups involved in it setup, the coins were chosen based specific tech they bring to the table, and other coins requested access,  no prom was not involved in coin selection, all the information about the code reviews was public at the time they happened, no prom has never funded me in any way, the code reviews are not outsource as I've been programming for 35 years

Dan Metcalf

FUD first & ask questions later™
tylerderden
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1025

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 08:16:33 PM

So dan can code or not ? 

These coin reviews he does? are we saying he pushes the code out to freelancers to review?

Can someone really not verify yes or no the guy can code or not?

All the reviews I've seen from him have been so high level and without any detail and insight that anyone could've written those reviews.

For example, the Stealthcoin's sms feature review - he just tried if it works and that's it. It wasn't a code review.

thats because he was only capitalizing on his trust by the community, im guessing he has zero coding skills which furthur perpetrates his entire career here as nothing more than another lying con man. i think its fucking hilarious myself. when will people learn, you earn trust, just saying hey im legit trust me is never enough. ESPECIALLY in alts for shits sake. its messed up that people i called out as scammers months ago (alty, dagger, metcalf, moolah) are all proving me right while people i have been defending continue to quietly keep doing what they are doing and doing it well. This is actually a good time for all of us. get these fucking pukes out of here and lets get back to making money and not all of this manipulation. Think about it moolah and metcalf in one week, thats two big wins for all of us.

Oh, so you're only guessing then?

If you think Dan can't code, prove it. There's still an unclaimed bounty for anyone who wants to try.

Or shall we just go and short BTC till they're a dollar each?

missing the point brother, hes a scammer either way. i dont care if he can code or not but everything else is a lie so why wouldnt that be? you do what you want. XC wont recover from this and neither will his rep.

Missing the point that you're guessing, or the point no-one broke Dan's code?

Go and claim that bounty before you start "guessing" if a guy can code or not.

not a coder, dont care you go for it. all my other assumptions about the guy have been right so why wouldnt this? i dont feel i need to do anything to prove anything about the guy, hes doing a fine job on his own.
silverkinguk

Activity: 404

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2014, 08:45:37 PM
Last edit: November 02, 2014, 08:57:35 PM by silverkinguk

I officially resigned from XC Foundation,lot of deals were made without my knowledge,including Blocknet details.XC has a lousy PR department which was paid for,XC Foundation never received one XC for our work in bringing Qibuck in for collaboration.
I also questioned Dan on his affiliations and told him I'm not comfortable with what's going on.
Dan had told me in conversation he would like to have Qibuck on blocknet,then later said no sorry no secondary feature,I told him he was supposed to do Qibuck content delivery app himself but didn't bother.
He himself has ruined relations with Qibuck which I worked hard to bring for collab.

Co-Founder Visionary of QIBUCK
uk.linkedin.com/in/silverkinguk
leewilson

Activity: 434

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 08:58:46 PM

I officially resigned from XC Foundation,lot of deals were made without my knowledge,including Blocknet details.XC has a lousy PR department which was paid for,XC Foundation never received one XC for our work in bringing Qibuck in for collaboration.
I also questioned Dan on his affiliations and told him I'm not comfortable with what's going on.

Thank you for letting us know. I am sure it will be one of the best decisions you ever made.
Best of luck and continued successes with the other tech you have been working on.

“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State BlockNet can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State BlockNet to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State BlockNet.” - Joseph Goebbels
silverkinguk

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2014, 08:59:49 PM

Thankyou Lee.

ubeing

Activity: 340

Helping Companies migrate to blockchain

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2014, 09:38:45 PM

I officially resign too from XC as a project directorm it seems it was a scam. And the guys behind lied to us they backstabbed us and done deals without our knowledge, they don't have respect to the people they work with. This is a very bad move that they have done now but it was good because they got exposed and how the treason and betrayal and greedy mentality played them. And thanks god that we knew this before we got our names badly involved in this blasphemy and scammy currency that dis not even pay a dime to their foundation that worked hard day and night to market xc and make it happen. Anyway checkmate and shame on you.

Antoun Toubia
EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 09:38:52 PM

On the question of 'can Dan code or not?'

Heres the official .pdf (from the Xcurrency site) for the XC team:
http://xc-official.com/assets/pdfs/14-07-08%20The%20XC%20Team.pdf

Note that Dan's 35 year coding skills are not mentioned, but Christians are.

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
mav137

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 09:44:51 PM

Dan had told me in conversation he would like to have Qibuck on blocknet,then later said no sorry no secondary feature,I told him he was supposed to do Qibuck content delivery app himself but didn't bother.
He himself has ruined relations with Qibuck which I worked hard to bring for collab.

This sounds like reasonable (functional) requirement making something like Blocknet based on coins, not on another layer of functionality.
So that would make it completely normal for Dan to turn you down.

Whats the XC foundation anyway? Isnt that just XC?
You where part of that? Because as far as I remember the colab with qibucks wasn't so well received by the XC community (partly due to your team releasing the info prematurely). Then you made a big fuss about people asking critical questions about your project.

To me, you ranting and raving all over the XC thread at that time, really gave the impression of being a slightly over-emotional fanatic. Im sure you have great reasons for being this enthusiastic about your own project, but your level of representation is not shared the standards that of XC. So don't whine about the PR of XC, because you can learn something about the current way the XC community is communicating and going the higher moral ground not lowering themselves to this level of mudslinging.

ProfX

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 09:51:17 PM

This sounds like reasonable (functional) requirement making something like Blocknet based on coins, not on another layer of functionality.
So that would make it completely normal for Dan to turn you down.

Whats the XC foundation anyway? Isnt that just XC?
You where part of that? Because as far as I remember the colab with qibucks wasn't so well received by the XC community (partly due to your team releasing the info prematurely). Then you made a big fuss about people asking critical questions about your project.

To me, you ranting and raving all over the XC thread at that time, really gave the impression of being a slightly over-emotional fanatic. Im sure you have great reasons for being this enthusiastic about your own project, but your level of representation is not shared the standards that of XC. So don't whine about the PR of XC, because you can learn something about the current way the XC community is communicating and going the higher moral ground not lowering themselves to this level of mudslinging.

His coin is Qibuck, XC was never really his thing and that was shown based off his extremely limited association especially in the XC thread. He's pissed his shitcoin wasnt in talk with the other BlockNet coins and this is his way of signing off. Investors in the XC thread called it when the idea of Blocknet was released, and who the participating coins were. Then silver came into the thread asking why his coin wasnt in the discussion. Investors already knew he would sell off his shares, not even surprised at this. He never contributed a single thing to XC while having the "XC Foundation" tag under his name. Good riddance buddy, I dont think any of the XC team or its investors care.
tylerderden
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 09:54:23 PM

"STANDARDS OF XC!!"looollll! man you sure are gullible even using those words in the same sentence at this point.  and their PR guy, what a joke. anyone can lie and delete posts and perpetrate a scam. no one would ever have been talking in this thread if that PR douchebag had any clue what he was doing. You XC guys are fucked, cahsout what you can and get the hell out of there before they drag you into their shitpile as a scapegoat because i see that as their next move.
tylerderden
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 10:00:42 PM

wow that fucker is nosediving just like cloak when that scam was revealed, i cant believe anyone is dumb enough to try and ride this out. shes dead folks. 500 sat by christmas, watch and see.
UnicornFarts

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 10:01:17 PM

"STANDARDS OF XC!!"looollll! man you sure are gullible even using those words in the same sentence at this point.  and their PR guy, what a joke. anyone can lie and delete posts and perpetrate a scam. no one would ever have been talking in this thread if that PR douchebag had any clue what he was doing. You XC guys are fucked, cahsout what you can and get the hell out of there before they drag you into their shitpile as a scapegoat because i see that as their next move.

I share your distaste for synchist.  He's a massive stuck up pick who's arrogance does damage to his own pr projects.

A circle jerker with a fedora
silverkinguk

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2014, 10:13:59 PM
Last edit: November 02, 2014, 10:27:32 PM by silverkinguk

I received permission to post Qibuck Announcement from Dan at that time.
As an XC Foundation Member,I was an official member of XC team.
I can't help the fact that Synechist failed to mention to XC community that I was in an official capacity at XC.
The Fud that came from the XC community,even when a team member announced the partnership was inexcusable.
There were attacks made on a dear friend of mine who is a cofounder at Qibuck and I had to defend her that day from an XC mob.PR failed that day to act,instead sided with the trolls on the thread and said my actions were unethical,absolute sham PR team,you can't even defend your own team member!
XC PR can't even hold the trolls there on a leash.Poor PR team.
XC thread locked what communication? PR team could have learned a lot from me,but instead,the team ignored us and went on dealing behind our backs.

organizer

Activity: 378

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 10:20:14 PM

I have no idea what this Blocknet is about, but just for more background on the XC crew... on of their listed "developers" (at one point listed right next to Dan) was Jasinlee of Fibonacci infamy... who has scammed over 1 mil in ASIC "presales", claimed all sorts of delays, coin thefts, etc.. and has disappeared (to whatever new accounts he's using now)...

There were 2 waves of that cycle... when it first started to be revealed that Fib was likely a scam, the XC "team" defended him pretty vigorously and just recycled his lies... the second wave (when Jasin started to make his exit from the public eye) they said he wasn't actually a developer, wasn't really involved, etc. etc... even though he funded some coin conference trip for them.

oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 10:31:03 PM

I received permission to post Qibuck Announcement from Dan at that time.
As an XC Foundation Member,I was an official member of XC team.
I can't help the fact that Synechist failed to mention to XC community that I was in an official capacity at XC.
The Fud that came from the XC community,even when a team member announced the partnership was inexcusable.
There were attacks made on a dear friend of mine who is a cofounder at Qibuck and I had to defend her that day from an XC mob.PR failed that day to act,instead sided with the trolls on the thread and said my actions were unethical,absolute sham PR team,you can't even defend your own team member!
XC PR can't even hold the trolls there on a leash.Poor PR team.
XC thread locked what communication? PR team could have learned a lot from me,but instead,the team ignored us and went on dealing behind our backs.

The XC Mob as you put it are vicious. They ridiculed me when I brought up the fact that their core feature, the mixer, did not work for me. Even after half a dozen web sessions with Dan, it ether was pushed back or left unknown why the coins would not send. Granted, months later, he messaged me about trying again but my coins were long gone by then. Took the $5k loss and moved on. Looking at everything that has came about now shows I made the right choice. For all those XC bagholders that encouraged me to dump my coins into your bids back in July, you're certainly welcome.
silverkinguk

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2014, 10:35:00 PM

Hey Oblox,
I'm sorry that you had lost your funds and your issue wasn't fixed.
XC only seems to have fanboys only over there,they will fud everyone else with valid queries.
XC actions have not given me any confidence in continuing with them any further,they pretty much failed.

oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 10:43:23 PM

Hey Oblox,
I'm sorry that you had lost your funds and your issue wasn't fixed.
XC only seems to have fanboys only over there,they will fud everyone else with valid queries.
XC actions have not given me any confidence in continuing with them any further,they pretty much failed.

No worries, it is what it is. The altcoin space a year from now is going to look considerably different with all but maybe a handful surviving. Perhaps then those existing coins will get the support and development they need vs the bleeding of noobs and the like in a bunch of scam projects and pump and dump schemes. I, for one, welcome it.
infazan

Activity: 538
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 11:05:50 PM

another scam - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=844383.0
IMJim
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 11:17:28 PM

I just don't get all these scam claims of the XC crew!  Seems absolutely ridiculous to throw such claims at XC!!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: