Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 02:45:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SCAM] BLOCKNET: The Metcalf/Prom Alt-Coin Cartel Scam Exposed  (Read 100086 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
levinhostar

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 10:33:23 AM

And the fall of blocknet has begun. -20% since the ito was closed. Well that was quite obv for not dumb peoples.
Dungor

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 10:36:30 AM

The dictatorship at XC with no communication to XC foundation on what's happening development wise is exactly why we left.The XC fanboys now make up a story that Antoun and I extorted XC funds.
We never received even one XC coin for our work and efforts on the foundation and the foundation is supposed to know what developments are happening,but instead,nothing was communicated to us.
Absolute alienation from the XC team and a great shame for the XC community.

Are you serious? Who made up a story that you extorted funds?

You never received even one XC. True.

You also never delivered a single report of any work - nor any fruits of your alleged labour - to the community, despite the fact that I tried to touch base with you a while back and to check whether you were in fact doing something. But you weren't, you were doing things for QiBuck instead. You simply did not bring anything to the table for XC, despite my encouraging you to do so and to check in with me regularly.

As for a "dictatorship", do you recall your sharp injunction to me a few months back to "get your people in line" when you made an arse of yourself and the community turned against you? My response to you was that you were being authoritarian and that I thought it was unethical. And now you call me a dictator? That's inconsistent.

Given that you've supported a disciplinarian approach publicly in the past, what sort of problem might you have with a dictatorship? I'm at a loss as to what you might say here.

The way I moderate: I welcome, as always, constructive criticism, and I do not welcome accusatory, uncivil, abusive, or deceitful posts. As always. The perception by the crazies here that I'm a "dictator" has everything to do with the unawareness of what it is to consider the perspective of another person when addressing them. Most abusive posts are the result of someone bashing others over the head with his/her opinion about the "truth".

There cannot be constructive critical discourse without a clear awareness of the perspectives of the other people participating. Lose this and you just get a bunch of people sincerely and truthfully shouting at each other. If you want to avoid polarising a discussion, you simply must come alongside other people and demonstrate that you're not against them.

*This* is my so-called "dictatorship". Call it what you like, but I value it highly.

Don't burn the bridge to QiBuck.
Blow it the F up. QiBuck has to bee the shadiest coin project in the alt universe.
Put aside that the people running it clearly are not the brightest bunch, they also have a looser mentality.
I admire that ACTSECURE tried to bring in some additional business with the advertisement idea but the way the QiBuck crew acted was not worth it.
I bid my tongue back then because open blatant criticism wasn't value creating for my investment, but I don't have to keep quiet any more. If you wan't to create a scam alert thread, create one against QiBuck.

XChat XZFT9YxW9Uhv4R5yoWgUmYhAzqP5qVuZp8
Public Key 288p7Jom8LvQ1UNVgc7H7wzpZoQkqLdtqfR7Ls4Bgo3Mz
Revelation

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 11:18:44 AM

You called me and others crazy.

No I didn't. Referring to "the crazies on this thread" does not entail that every poster on this thread is crazy.

You are such a hypocrite. Please, stop using the work ethical. You really don't understand what does it mean.

I know very well what "ethical" means. I live up to it too. I wish I could show you all some of the conversations I've had in the background here. Unfortunately my *ethics* require me to get consent before publishing private conversations, so that's not gonna happen.

Ah well, patience is a virtue. In due time you'll all come to see the way I practice what I preach.

In the meantime, do as you will...
Regardless whether or not BlockNet becomes a success, your behavior cannot be regarded as ethical. I urge you to reconsider your usage of words ethical, ethics and alike.
1. It is not ethical to label legitimate questions as FUD and trolling and delete them
2. It is not ethical to market BlockNet as 450-900% profit investment
3. It is not ethical to call people to invest in your product
4. It is not ethical to call legitimate logs fake
5. It is not ethical to call Prometheus an ethical investor
6. It is not ethical to post cheerful posts regarding ITO success when your investors are losing money
etc.
silverkinguk

Activity: 404

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2014, 11:44:05 AM
Last edit: November 11, 2014, 12:21:23 PM by silverkinguk

Synechist your paid job to spin things around.
Your PR work has failed on you.
Qibuck was attacked on your thread at XC and my actions in defending Elle,Cofounder of Qibuck team was justified,unlike you not doing anything at all.You let trolls run your thread.You are the deceitful one following your own agendas with the rest of the XC team.
 XC team did not inform me of any developments,not even about Blocknet that news came to me last minute by having to read the thread news,you didn't inform me of that news did you? I  said to you I would inform if I had any concrete fully done deals,I was still working on those deals and not even paid for my time and labour.
XC actions of late have ruined my work bringing new business to it by working against me.You guys only have yourselves to blame.I even told Dan the damage was done.He didn't even bother to help even when I asked him to communicate with Qibuck to try turn things around.
So I know exactly what's happening over there,a dictatorship.
Your own actions have brought you into disrepute,unethical.What you guys have done would drive businesses away with your bad coin affiliations.I even told Dan util coin didn't have tech,and that was on blocknet.
Now he is taking over that.He said Qibuck didn't have tech,I told him he was supposed to work on that tech.
So he didn't want Qibuck on blocknet and was two faced about it.Those other coins he all involved in,I can already see how Dan is acting,unethical.

Co-Founder Visionary of QIBUCK
uk.linkedin.com/in/silverkinguk
mr_random
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 11:49:20 AM

No I didn't. Referring to "the crazies on this thread" does not entail that every poster on this thread is crazy.

You are such a hypocrite. Please, stop using the work ethical. You really don't understand what does it mean.

I know very well what "ethical" means. I live up to it too. I wish I could show you all some of the conversations I've had in the background here. Unfortunately my *ethics* require me to get consent before publishing private conversations, so that's not gonna happen.

Ah well, patience is a virtue. In due time you'll all come to see the way I practice what I preach.

Regardless whether or not BlockNet becomes a success, your behavior cannot be regarded as ethical. I urge you to reconsider your usage of words ethical, ethics and alike.
1. It is not ethical to label legitimate questions as FUD and trolling and delete them
6. It is not ethical to post cheerful posts regarding ITO success when your investors are losing money
etc.

Should I be surprised your one piece of feedback is a recent message from Spoetnik calling you a worthy trader  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes
synechist
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2014, 11:54:08 AM

- The posts I delete that you might call "legitimate questions" are the ones where people come across as if they're entitled to demand that developers conform to their expectations, or demand that we answer every little worry and concern. This is a case of people not taking our perspective into account when posting.

- The Blocknet was never marketed as a 450-900% profit investment.
- I posted a cursory analysis of fundamentals, which some trolls twisted to be "advice". The analysis was then removed and an apology was issued due to it having been misinterpreted.
- That said, I'll be very surprised if the Blocknet doesn't represent a much higher value once its tech is delivered and it matures as a platform.

- Umm... to market something is always to call people to invest in your product.
- So all marketing is unethical?
- This is an absurd point of view.

- I did not "call legitimate chat logs fake"
- I called them unverifiable. There's a big difference there.
- And I cast doubt on their authenticity.
- I maintain my former position: they were modified (some more than others; minimum modification being omitting certain context-specifying parts), and they were used to present a radically skewed and malicious interpretation of the facts.

- I did not call Prometheus an ethical investor.
- I call him a non-scammer.
- And I called him a capitalist.

- Yes it is.
- The ITO was a success because the Blocknet will be built.
- Hence I'm cheerful.
- "My" investors are losing money? Market exposure sir. That's what investors take on in order to profit. Get a grip.
- Lastly, it's generally agreed that the Blocknet is not a short term hold. This does not take away from the fact that the ITO is a success and that the Blocknet will be built.

etc.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
Revelation

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 12:28:49 PM
Last edit: November 11, 2014, 12:39:55 PM by Revelation

etc.

Should I be surprised your one piece of feedback is a recent message from Spoetnik calling you a worthy trader  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes

I have learned about Spoetnik after he started accusing BlockNet. I don't support the way he is communicating and expressing his opinions. Your accusations are absolutely ridiculous. You can read my post history. I was invested in BLOCK but sold back at Bittrex buy wall.
Revelation

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 12:39:33 PM

- The posts I delete that you might call "legitimate questions" are the ones where people come across as if they're entitled to demand that developers conform to their expectations, or demand that we answer every little worry and concern. This is a case of people not taking our perspective into account when posting.

- The Blocknet was never marketed as a 450-900% profit investment.
- I posted a cursory analysis of fundamentals, which some trolls twisted to be "advice". The analysis was then removed and an apology was issued due to it having been misinterpreted.
- That said, I'll be very surprised if the Blocknet doesn't represent a much higher value once its tech is delivered and it matures as a platform.

- Umm... to market something is always to call people to invest in your product.
- So all marketing is unethical?
- This is an absurd point of view.

- I did not "call legitimate chat logs fake"
- I called them unverifiable. There's a big difference there.
- And I cast doubt on their authenticity.
- I maintain my former position: they were modified (some more than others; minimum modification being omitting certain context-specifying parts), and they were used to present a radically skewed and malicious interpretation of the facts.

- I did not call Prometheus an ethical investor.
- I call him a non-scammer.
- And I called him a capitalist.

- Yes it is.
- The ITO was a success because the Blocknet will be built.
- Hence I'm cheerful.
- "My" investors are losing money? Market exposure sir. That's what investors take on in order to profit. Get a grip.
- Lastly, it's generally agreed that the Blocknet is not a short term hold. This does not take away from the fact that the ITO is a success and that the Blocknet will be built.

etc.

Arlyn, you keep doing that. You are calling people "trolls" including myself. Thank you for trying to defend your understanding of ethics, however I have to say that you have very strange understanding what does "ethical" mean. I would suggest you reading on ethics. HBS have very nice papers on business ethics, you can pick the ones you like. In the meantime, please, stop using the word "ethics".
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2014, 01:11:35 PM
Last edit: November 11, 2014, 01:45:05 PM by synechist

Arlyn, you keep doing that. You are calling people "trolls" including myself.

I don't think you're a troll. I think that some (but not all) of your posts undermine constructive critical discussion.

Thank you for trying to defend your understanding of ethics, however I have to say that you have very strange understanding what does "ethical" mean. I would suggest you reading on ethics. HBS have very nice papers on business ethics, you can pick the ones you like. In the meantime, please, stop using the word "ethics".

Ethics is one of my specialties. If you look me up on the internet you'll see that my background is in analytical philosophy. I've done a lot of reading on ethics and metaethics, and several formal courses in it too.

Lastly, a component of my ongoing research in sign action is specifically about a "kenotic" mechanism in semiosis. In processes of sign action, when an entity comes to function as a sign-vehicle, it expresses a fascinatingly "unselfish" or "self-sacrificing" tendency. (I use these terms in quotation marks because sign-action pertains as much to inanimate interactions as it does to personal ones, and so the terms only apply analogously.)

Now since sign-action is a model of how things come to be, this "kenotic" principle partially comprises the being of things.

Secondly, since sign-action is a model not only of how things come to be, but also of why they are what they are rather than being something else, there's a normative aspect to it.

This normativity in the being of things is the germ of ethicality in general: it is able to ground an explanation of how it is even possible in the first place for there to be an ethics of anything. So the thesis of this component of my work is that "kenosis" is part of the functioning of everything, and it is through kenotic activity that ethics arises.

The above should help explain my focus on ethics, and why ethicality informs the way I approach my work in crypto.
In particular, my emphasis on empathy - on knowing the perspective of another - arises from my view that kenotic ("unselfish") activity grounds ethicity.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
ProTradeZ44

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 02:11:24 PM
Last edit: November 11, 2014, 02:23:00 PM by ProTradeZ44

Seems they moved on to next scam bitbay to lure suckernoobs with their boiler room scam activity

Who moved? Why do you think so?

Bobsurplus moved to bitbay. they buy and pump their own icos and dump on noobs

nobody knows the real bitbay dev because it is bobsurplus and his pump team scamming noobs again

they already bought all their own coins now the only real pump now is getting more people to give them btc in their ico

then it is to pump the coin to put worth to they coins they has got for free

they left bittrex because there is no more money to scam there now time to empty out bter
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 02:15:33 PM

How is my lawsuit going ?

and no i don't give shit about your version of your rules..

and spare us the ethics speech while you scam the scene for 900k with lies and games buddy.

FUD first & ask questions later™
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 02:25:18 PM

Seems they moved on to next scam bitbay to lure suckernoobs with their boiler room scam activity

nobody knows the real bitbay dev because it is bobsurplus and his pump team scamming noobs again

they already bought all their own coins now the only real pump now is getting more people to give them btc in their ico

they left bittrex because there is no more money to scam there now time to empty out bter

How do you know this?
ProTradeZ44

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 02:29:31 PM

How do you know this?

just look same pattern blocknet bitswift. a guy told me to look at them and i LOLd because it is same shit all over  Grin

thread is quiet but some1 bought 600 btc in 1 hrs in this shit ?  Grin
cassius69

Activity: 280

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 02:30:03 PM

How is my lawsuit going ?

and no i don't give shit about your version of your rules..

and spare us the ethics speech while you scam the scene for 900k with lies and games buddy.

lawsuits filed in imagination only are the cheapest Cheesy

Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 02:36:35 PM
Last edit: November 11, 2014, 05:16:24 PM by Spoetnik

well i asked a number of times about the lawsuit because the guy made a stink about it with multiple threats.
and i think i am entitled to know if they / he etc is going to proceed with it..
it's a fair question especially if i have to build a case with my lawyer.

i have asked the guy many times and he HIDES and won't say a word.
so..
Are you suing me or not ?

I am asking because i want to know.. that is why people ask questions  Roll Eyes

@cassius69
they raised plenty of money for a lawsuit with their IPO i am sure  Grin

Longenecker

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 03:09:50 PM

The dictatorship at XC with no communication to XC foundation on what's happening development wise is exactly why we left.The XC fanboys now make up a story that Antoun and I extorted XC funds.
We never received even one XC coin for our work and efforts on the foundation and the foundation is supposed to know what developments are happening,but instead,nothing was communicated to us.
Absolute alienation from the XC team and a great shame for the XC community.

LOL, what did you EVER do for XC?  You and your friend Antoun contributed NOTHING.  You expect privileged information and free XC for zero contribution?  You're an absolute idiot silverkinguk.  
Revelation

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 03:33:21 PM
Last edit: November 11, 2014, 04:13:52 PM by Revelation

Arlyn, you keep doing that. You are calling people "trolls" including myself.

I don't think you're a troll. I think that some (but not all) of your posts undermine constructive critical discussion.

Thank you for trying to defend your understanding of ethics, however I have to say that you have very strange understanding what does "ethical" mean. I would suggest you reading on ethics. HBS have very nice papers on business ethics, you can pick the ones you like. In the meantime, please, stop using the word "ethics".

Ethics is one of my specialties. If you look me up on the internet you'll see that my background is in analytical philosophy. I've done a lot of reading on ethics and metaethics, and several formal courses in it too.

Lastly, a component of my ongoing research in sign action is specifically about a "kenotic" mechanism in semiosis. In processes of sign action, when an entity comes to function as a sign-vehicle, it expresses a fascinatingly "unselfish" or "self-sacrificing" tendency. (I use these terms in quotation marks because sign-action pertains as much to inanimate interactions as it does to personal ones, and so the terms only apply analogously.)

Now since sign-action is a model of how things come to be, this "kenotic" principle partially comprises the being of things.

Secondly, since sign-action is a model not only of how things come to be, but also of why they are what they are rather than being something else, there's a normative aspect to it.

This normativity in the being of things is the germ of ethicality in general: it is able to ground an explanation of how it is even possible in the first place for there to be an ethics of anything. So the thesis of this component of my work is that "kenosis" is part of the functioning of everything, and it is through kenotic activity that ethics arises.

The above should help explain my focus on ethics, and why ethicality informs the way I approach my work in crypto.
In particular, my emphasis on empathy - on knowing the perspective of another - arises from my view that kenotic ("unselfish") activity grounds ethicity.

It is comforting to see that you are eloquent enough to write the above sentences, however your behavior and posts seem to be in contrast with kenotic activity. First of all, you have vested financial interest regarding blocknet and it is very hard to detach oneself from financial position and be unbiased observer. For instance, one of your latest post was about the blocknet price:
 DO NOT POST SESC LINKS
and yet the price did go down. You cannot make these type of statements and consider yourself an ethical person. You remind me of a HBS professor of ethics who was on the BoD of Marriott before they did a Chariot project that screwed their debtholders big time. Even writing books about ethics doesn't mean your actions are ethical.
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2014, 04:35:32 PM

It is comforting to see that you are eloquent enough to write the above sentences, however your behavior and posts seem to be in contrast with kenotic activity.

I'm quite comfortable discussing the ethicality of my actions.
I'm also quite comfortable, at present, with my actions, because I perceive them to be ethical. Happy to consider the possibility that they're not, of course.

First of all, you have vested financial interest regarding blocknet and it is very hard to detach oneself from financial position and be unbiased observer. For instance, one of your latest post was about the blocknet price:
 DO NOT POST SESC LINKS
and yet the price did go down.

So you think that I'm trying to hype the price in order to deliver a return on my investment?
What I stated is that "it's unclear whether it'll go down again at all."
I do not believe that this constitutes hype in any sense.
Neither do I believe that it's necessary to be an unbiased observer before one can give predictions on the price (not that I gave a prediction, mind you). All that's necessary is to disclose your bias (which in my case is obvious).

You cannot make these type of statements and consider yourself an ethical person. You remind me of a HBS professor of ethics who was on the BoD of Marriott before they did a Chariot project that screwed their debtholders big time.

I believe that the statement above is ethically quite alright. There's nothing whatsoever wrong with it as far as I can see.
However I'm quite open to be shown what could be wrong with it. Can you spell it out for me?

Even writing books about ethics doesn't mean your actions are ethical.

Of course. Knowledge about ethics doesn't necessitate acting ethically.
But my reason for talking about ethics here wasn't to prove I act ethically, it was to explain why I act the way I act. I think I act ethically, but anyone's welcome to engage me in discussion about ethics and thereby potentially change the way I decide to act.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 05:18:14 PM

@synechrist
maybe you should at least answer that one question never mind any others i or others asked before coming here and spouting off ?

is it too much to ask you back up your mouth ..for once ?

Revelation

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 06:29:36 PM

It is comforting to see that you are eloquent enough to write the above sentences, however your behavior and posts seem to be in contrast with kenotic activity.

I'm quite comfortable discussing the ethicality of my actions.
I'm also quite comfortable, at present, with my actions, because I perceive them to be ethical. Happy to consider the possibility that they're not, of course.

First of all, you have vested financial interest regarding blocknet and it is very hard to detach oneself from financial position and be unbiased observer. For instance, one of your latest post was about the blocknet price:
 DO NOT POST SESC LINKS
and yet the price did go down.

So you think that I'm trying to hype the price in order to deliver a return on my investment?
What I stated is that "it's unclear whether it'll go down again at all."
I do not believe that this constitutes hype in any sense.
Neither do I believe that it's necessary to be an unbiased observer before one can give predictions on the price (not that I gave a prediction, mind you). All that's necessary is to disclose your bias (which in my case is obvious).

I will remind you that it is not ethical to comment (even more hype) about the price of a coin in which you have active involvement and financial interest. You were hyping before regarding the success of the ITO, the battle won against the FUD (which is ridiculous on its own as there was no battle), calling people to put buy orders above Bittrex buy wall etc.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: