Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 04:02:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 94 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTMINER C1 Discussion and Support Thread  (Read 128903 times)
opentoe
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2014, 10:24:41 PM

Considering this miner can take 8 PCIe they should have looked at problem before throwing a PCIe connector on it.   Who has 9 PCIe unless you use a server PSU or adapters?

But not surprising considering all the dead pumps, and harness of death the first batch got.   They should have looked at good old molex connection.  Maybe even split it where not all on one cheap wire.

I'm still waiting for their manager to ok compensation... wonder what it means that they never got back to me......

It's a male PCI-E power connector, it would go in one of the unused ports on the miner to pull power back out to run the fans/pump.
I'm running my C1 with just four PCI-E connectors and they don't really get warm (~180W each)

If it has a male PCI-E end on it can't you then just plug it into your modular power supply itself?

Also, this bit about DUST and cleaning the pump before use. Syscooling is suggesting we take apart the pump completely and clean it out with some water because it was tested before it shipped without any liquid in it. Doesn't running these kind of pumps without any liquid grind the pieces down?

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 10:56:23 PM

Considering this miner can take 8 PCIe they should have looked at problem before throwing a PCIe connector on it.   Who has 9 PCIe unless you use a server PSU or adapters?

But not surprising considering all the dead pumps, and harness of death the first batch got.   They should have looked at good old molex connection.  Maybe even split it where not all on one cheap wire.

I'm still waiting for their manager to ok compensation... wonder what it means that they never got back to me......

It's a male PCI-E power connector, it would go in one of the unused ports on the miner to pull power back out to run the fans/pump.
I'm running my C1 with just four PCI-E connectors and they don't really get warm (~180W each)

If it has a male PCI-E end on it can't you then just plug it into your modular power supply itself?

Also, this bit about DUST and cleaning the pump before use. Syscooling is suggesting we take apart the pump completely and clean it out with some water because it was tested before it shipped without any liquid in it. Doesn't running these kind of pumps without any liquid grind the pieces down?

Not sure as my RMA pumps and new harness are still in China in the slow mail.  No customer has received new harness yet.  I believe all have the dangerous possible firestarter harness.

And yes it's a horrible idea to run these pumps dry.  If you google it you will see it's laughable that anyone who is a liquid cooling company would do it.  Just Google "Should you run a computer pump dry".  Everyone agrees never should be done.   They are doing i think they were told to test gear, they were shipping out untested which could explain batch 1 amount of DOA or failing components.   The fact they brag about running pumps dry shows the knowledge of syscooling.
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 01:06:36 AM

its a male connector, with the presumption that you could connect it to one PCIe connector on a blade, and the other connector would be the power supply cable. IMO, this is a bad idea because if the fan/pump load is >70w (Im guessing it could peak as high as 90W if all 4 devices are running full power) that plus the ~200W of a blade puts a pretty big power load on the single cable to PSU - around 275W which could easily burn out cheap cabling (A >1000W and/or GOLD-rated supply should be fine for this, but cheaper supplies with 18awg or thinner wiring could fail and start fires as even 16awg wiring starts getting warm over 300W)
*you could also connect it to the PSU directly as you mention, but not all PSUs have modular cabling sockets, particularly that are the same pinout as a PCIe socket*

shameless self-plug: I sell good quality 18awg Y-splitters - If you think you should take some precautions against putting 275W on a single PCIe connector, you could split the syscooling load across two seperate blades in the C1 - thus balancing the power across 2 PCIe cables from the power supply at ~240W (15% lower). See my signature link for details - i have lots available now
And dry-running a pump is terrible. Anyone will tell you that. Either test it properly or ship it untested. 2-3 seconds of testing could create the conditions that lead to early failure or leaks when a coolant is actually added.

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2014, 01:50:56 AM

IMO, this is a bad idea because if the fan/pump load is >70w (Im guessing it could peak as high as 90W if all 4 devices are running full power) that plus the ~200W of a blade puts a pretty big power load on the single cable to PSU

Its 25W, and each blade is <200W pre PSU. There are plenty of miners running 250-270W through single PCI-Es.

dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2014, 01:51:55 AM

They'll just be plugging it in for half a second to check the motor is good. The danger with running pumps dry is that the coolant is also their... coolant ... and if bearings were let to overheat they would seize.

dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2014, 01:54:03 AM

Dogie with being part of the team are you able to help me get compensation for both miners being down? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=841344.msg9564010#msg9564010

You'll have to talk to syscooling, for which I can't help you unfortunately.

dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2014, 01:55:37 AM

Also, where are all the batch one C1's that went out? You figure we would have some pictures or feedback on those already. Is the 4pin connection to run the pump female or male? I'm assuming the fan connections are just regular 3pin connections as you would be plugging into a mainboard. I want to power everything directly off the power supply. Also please tell me this C1 has a thermal shutdown or some kind of protection if the pump fails. Cause once that happens, I'm positive it will overheat and burn up if it continues to run. I've seen with friends that these cheap cooling pumps can cease at any time and just stop running. My buddy told me if you want a professional small size pump like that you would need to spend just as much as what the miner cost. Ouch. I have no idea if that's true or not, since water cooling anything is all very new to me.

Can someone please post some pictures of that 1000GH/s guaranteed hashing speed!

As with all bitmain products, there is a thermal shutdown on the chips, 80C on the C1. That'll be reached reasonably quickly after pump failure.

Plenty of pictures in my C1 thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=846095

dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2014, 01:57:45 AM

Oh, for some reason I was getting the idea that all these pumps were failing. If everything runs nice and smooth, where are all the pictures of the hashing speeds? It guarantees 1000GH/s speed, so I'm very curious if the C1 really hashes at that speed. If they do work that well, I'll even order more. I do love how quiet they are. I have been told they fixed the wire harness issue so I won't have to worry about blowing up ASIC boards on a brand new machine.

Doesn't matter how much it is is they keep failing, right? So I take it Bitmaintech is a company I'll most likely not expect any real support? Just a few youtube videos and quick shot answers here on the forum? My orders still haven't shipped yet. I wonder if there is a way to cancel those orders?

Probably that's because of quality issues with those pumps?..  Wink

If I buy one of these can I get a pump setup from elsewhere? Seems like the main issue with these is the syscooling stuff?

As per below, you guys have to remember the scale of Bitmain and just how many C1 customers are NOT here with problems. 100s and 100s and 100s. [As I highlighted early in the process], pumps do have a finite DOA / early life time failure and its just something we have to deal with. Even if its 3%, thats 97/100 customers running without problems. Not great, but certainly not terrible.

If it makes you feel any better I have 8 running with no issues, more on order to be shipped tomorrow(batch 2) Whenever I have contacted bitmain they have been quick to respond given the time difference (within 24 hours)

Good products, Good pricing, Good support

Keep in mind you are seeing issues from two people on this forum out of how many C1 in the wild. the spondoolies thread has way more people with sp20 issues

syscooling

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 02:08:25 AM

Newly designed fan wiring harness,could be plugged in board directly from outside,and you needn't to remove top cover fo C1.Also 3*3pin for fans and 1*4pin for pump.

Im still a bit cautious that you have a fairly significant power load (3x2A fans and a 2A pump) using only a single wire pair - thats around 90W load and it appears to only be 18awg wire.

The PCIe connector is a good idea, but you should make use of the fact it has room for 3 wire pairs, and better distribute the load so more wire harnesses dont get hot or burn through
Not as you say,3*0.4A for fans,1*0.5A for pump,totally no more than 2A,the single wiring harness could work well.Our wiring harness could bear less than 3A,we never heard it get hot or burn out.Possible reason might be user plugged it wrongly with previous wiring harness,but with new wiring,this situation couldn't happen any more.

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                       Get Your FREE Coins NOW!     
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 02:11:19 AM
Last edit: November 18, 2014, 03:03:14 AM by notlist3d

Newly designed fan wiring harness,could be plugged in board directly from outside,and you needn't to remove top cover fo C1.Also 3*3pin for fans and 1*4pin for pump.

Im still a bit cautious that you have a fairly significant power load (3x2A fans and a 2A pump) using only a single wire pair - thats around 90W load and it appears to only be 18awg wire.

The PCIe connector is a good idea, but you should make use of the fact it has room for 3 wire pairs, and better distribute the load so more wire harnesses dont get hot or burn through
Not as you say,3*0.4A for fans,1*0.5A for pump,totally no more than 2A,the single wiring harness could work well.Our wiring harness could bear less than 3A,we never heard it get hot or burn out.Possible reason might be user plugged it wrongly with previous wiring harness,but with new wiring,this situation couldn't happen any more.

I submitted pictures of a burnt board from your harness catching fires.... and you say you never had a report of this?  Please just admit your mistakes.

Seems like about normal support from syscooling at this point.  Are you still testing pumps dry?  Can I ask whose idea it was to test dry?

I'm done with syscooling.  They can continue to spread lies about not getting picture of board that burnt fan controller because of their harness.  They sent proof of it happening. I have provided pictures, spoke what they have turned into a nightmare.   I just hope others don't have to deal with this.

The C1 is a solid machine.  I like it alot after upgrading it to a harness that does not burn and a pump that was not ran dry.  I give Bitmain thanks for a great machine. 

Hopefully syscooling will grow and turn into a better company, but with current trend I highly doubt it.  And again it is not Bitmain they are great.  Syscooling is separate which becomes so clear when dealing with the 2 companies.
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 02:16:09 AM

oh, not sure where/why i got the impression each fan was 2A, and the pump was similar - that makes the issues i raised more of a non-issue. (though at a glance the S1 fans are 1.0A each so i assumed the rad fans would be a similar draw

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
syscooling

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 02:47:07 AM

3 fans+1 pump<24w,the wiring wouldn't get warm and you needn't worry about this.Pumps in first batch were tested dry no more than half a second,just for efficiency,once we heard the problem,that testing method was abandoned.

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                       Get Your FREE Coins NOW!     
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
syscooling

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 03:04:50 AM

I submitted pictures of a burnt board from your harness catching fires.... and you say you never had a report of this?  Please just admit your mistakes.

Seems like about normal support from syscooling at this point.  Are you still testing pumps dry?  Can I ask whose idea it was to test dry?

Your pumps and wiring harness were shipped after you showed us your issues,exactly by EMS,but normally it would cost about one week(courier said so,too),now they are delaying,we call courier everyday to ask .We don't know what to do with express.As for your burnt board,we are still working on it too.Except you we didn't receive any issues like this,please give us more time to know whether the problem is causeed by our products.Every mistake we have we will accept surely.

syscooling

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 03:05:52 AM

Three emails are of three people,sometimes one received an email but didn't check it, while the other two are looking forward to receiving it.I am one of the two,so I register a Skype ID,just want to give you one more way to help you get in touch with us.Sending an email one more time is better than waiting for 2 weeks,right?But seems you don't think so.
Pumps stop working for different reasons,if it is leaking out that cause this problem,there is no doubt we will ship you a new one for free.A few pumps stopped working because some powder generated when we tested it without coolant before shipped,what you need to do is just clean it with some water,and it will work as usual,I think that will save you precious time a lot.
Just as you say,first two weeks we met with a lot of problems,some had never happened in our home bussiness.But now we are getting better,radiator,pump,wiring harness,and every other parts of the water cooling kit will be tested before shipped.You needn't to worried about that.What's more,Every suggestion in this forum is heard sincerely,we are trying to make good products and make customers satisfied all the time.

The pump was not working already arrived. D.O.A. (Dead on arrival) This pump has not worked for a minute. Only the liquid in and then off again, distilled water with antifreeze 10:1
I wrote immediately in this forum. I sent the email. ysun@ysun.net
Now you also have a picture, http://perearstike.ee/avatar/TupsuC1.pump.JPG  which you can download. You have my orders numbers. 2 sets of each purchase order. 2014102895756 2014102308791 2014101947316
Need more pictures? Or more excuses to not send a replacement pump? I also need two power harness.

And I do not use skype.

We are checking the order.

dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2014, 04:52:41 AM

oh, not sure where/why i got the impression each fan was 2A, and the pump was similar - that makes the issues i raised more of a non-issue. (though at a glance the S1 fans are 1.0A each so i assumed the rad fans would be a similar draw

Thats because the C1/S3 fan is a mid range beast, we just never run it anywhere near its max potential.

Targetbit

Activity: 323
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 05:19:15 AM

Please someone help me.

As I told I can not access antminer IP address unique and default. also reset factory button does not work. You said I should use SD image. I am not familiar with these.

I downloaded SD image (uploaded by dogie). now what? I use MAC os x. Please let me know what should I do step by step.

Thanks.

1. Have you tried to reset the PSU used to power this Miner?
[Note: You may need to remove the AC Power cord completely from the PSU
for 30seconds to a minute]

2. and/or have you tried a different PSU?

3. Have you logged into your Router (IP= 192.168.0.1 -or- 192.168.1.1 is typical)
and looked at all of your devices to see if it is listed there?

4. What make and model number of PSU are you using?
5. What do you observe when you power the Miner up?

1- Yes
2- Yes
3- Yes and I don't see this miner IP and default IP of C1 miner. But other IPs of my other miners are shown.
4- I use ENERMAX revolution87+ Gold for all 4 C1 miners. The issue is not from PSU. It is from miner.
5- ethernet lamps are turned on and ethernet green lamp sometimes does flashing. But hashing board lamps are still turn off. fan is working.

Please help me. Where are you helpers.

opentoe
Legendary

Activity: 1274

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2014, 09:10:19 AM

I know shipping indicated on the 17th, but is there a way to get a status on an order? I have some days off of work coming up and maybe I can be home when I get delivery, I just need some reference information on my order.
Thanks.

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
Inspekta_X

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 01:45:53 PM

Hi Guys

Just ordered 2 C1's with the added $50 liquid cooling pack. Just after some advice on what exactly i will need on arrival, (Coolant and how much?, any other add-ons that people have found useful?) also I need 2 PSU's so just after info on what people are running and results? Also how was everyones ETA on delivery? Mine is to Sydney, Australia.

Thanks
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 01:54:26 PM

Hi Guys

Just ordered 2 C1's with the added $50 liquid cooling pack. Just after some advice on what exactly i will need on arrival, (Coolant and how much?, any other add-ons that people have found useful?) also I need 2 PSU's so just after info on what people are running and results? Also how was everyones ETA on delivery? Mine is to Sydney, Australia.

Thanks

Dogie has a nice link to some cheap coolant on amazon.  Amount depends on length you cut cords.   I used around 600 ML on both of mine.   Order 1 per each C1 i suggest.

On PSU I personally love the RM 1000.  Works great, downside is not a cheap PSU.  Yes you will need a psu for each one, assuming you don't use something like a 2k watt server psu.

Time Bitmain is normally very quick.  I know if in stock they can get from China to US in 2 days.  Which is amazing.  (Can take longer if bad weather, or unlucky and customs holds it longer)
Elphamyto

Activity: 117
Merit: 16

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 02:14:27 PM

What constitutes "specialist coolant"... anything with corrosion inhibitors? I was under the impression that using automotive fluids (like anti-freeze) in a loop was harmful to plastic parts inside a pump. I’m wondering if something like Feser Base would suffice. I have some copper radiators on-hand that I’d like to use but mixing metals just sounds like it's asking for trouble.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 94 »
  Print  

Jump to: