Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 03:47:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 94 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTMINER C1 Discussion and Support Thread  (Read 128928 times)
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 11:26:40 AM

Newly designed fan wiring harness,could be plugged in board directly from outside,and you needn't to remove top cover fo C1.Also 3*3pin for fans and 1*4pin for pump.

Im still a bit cautious that you have a fairly significant power load (3x2A fans and a 2A pump) using only a single wire pair - thats around 90W load and it appears to only be 18awg wire.

The PCIe connector is a good idea, but you should make use of the fact it has room for 3 wire pairs, and better distribute the load so more wire harnesses dont get hot or burn through

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
Tupsu
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 01:49:56 PM
Last edit: November 17, 2014, 02:18:43 PM by Tupsu

Three emails are of three people,sometimes one received an email but didn't check it, while the other two are looking forward to receiving it.I am one of the two,so I register a Skype ID,just want to give you one more way to help you get in touch with us.Sending an email one more time is better than waiting for 2 weeks,right?But seems you don't think so.
Pumps stop working for different reasons,if it is leaking out that cause this problem,there is no doubt we will ship you a new one for free.A few pumps stopped working because some powder generated when we tested it without coolant before shipped,what you need to do is just clean it with some water,and it will work as usual,I think that will save you precious time a lot.
Just as you say,first two weeks we met with a lot of problems,some had never happened in our home bussiness.But now we are getting better,radiator,pump,wiring harness,and every other parts of the water cooling kit will be tested before shipped.You needn't to worried about that.What's more,Every suggestion in this forum is heard sincerely,we are trying to make good products and make customers satisfied all the time.

The pump was not working already arrived. D.O.A. (Dead on arrival) This pump has not worked for a minute. Only the liquid in and then off again, distilled water with antifreeze 10:1
I wrote immediately in this forum. I sent the email. ysun@ysun.net
Now you also have a picture, http://perearstike.ee/avatar/TupsuC1.pump.JPG  which you can download. You have my orders numbers. 2 sets of each purchase order. 2014102895756 2014102308791 2014101947316
Need more pictures? Or more excuses to not send a replacement pump? I also need two power harness.

And I do not use skype.

Photon939

Activity: 452
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 02:56:05 PM

Newly designed fan wiring harness,could be plugged in board directly from outside,and you needn't to remove top cover fo C1.Also 3*3pin for fans and 1*4pin for pump.

Im still a bit cautious that you have a fairly significant power load (3x2A fans and a 2A pump) using only a single wire pair - thats around 90W load and it appears to only be 18awg wire.

The PCIe connector is a good idea, but you should make use of the fact it has room for 3 wire pairs, and better distribute the load so more wire harnesses dont get hot or burn through

Those numbers sound a bit off, 120mm fans drawing 2A each would be in the class of Delta screamers that can hover if placed face down on a table. 0.2A sounds far more likely than 2A. The pump using 2A is more likely as you have a significantly heavier working fluid and I think those pumps push upwards of 2m of head.

I doubt the whole string draws more than 3-4A @ 12vdc
mdude77
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 04:04:26 PM

I got my C1 coupons.  Thanks!

Now the checkout is messed up:

I hope their SHA256 math is better than this. Sad

M

I mine at Kano's Pool because it pays the best and is completely transparent!  Come join me!
tbolt

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 04:21:06 PM

Those numbers sound a bit off, 120mm fans drawing 2A each would be in the class of Delta screamers that can hover if placed face down on a table. 0.2A sounds far more likely than 2A. The pump using 2A is more likely as you have a significantly heavier working fluid and I think those pumps push upwards of 2m of head.

One of my fans didn't make the trip from CN via DHL Express

The whole string should draw:
0.32A x3 for the fans = 0.96A
                               + 1.20A for the Pump
----------------------------------
Total = 2.16A
tbolt

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 04:31:17 PM

If I buy one of these can I get a pump setup from elsewhere? Seems like the main issue with these is the syscooling stuff?

Yes, but they typically cost $70 or so to match the specs.

Doesn't matter how much it is is they keep failing, right? So I take it Bitmaintech is a company I'll most likely not expect any real support? Just a few youtube videos and quick shot answers here on the forum?

My orders still haven't shipped yet. I wonder if there is a way to cancel those orders?

If it makes you feel any better I have 8 running with no issues, more on order to be shipped tomorrow(batch 2) Whenever I have contacted bitmain they have been quick to respond given the time difference (within 24 hours)

Good products, Good pricing, Good support

Keep in mind you are seeing issues from two people on this forum out of how many C1 in the wild. the spondoolies thread has way more people with sp20 issues

Oh, for some reason I was getting the idea that all these pumps were failing. If everything runs nice and smooth, where are all the pictures of the hashing speeds? It guarantees 1000GH/s speed, so I'm very curious if the C1 really hashes at that speed. If they do work that well, I'll even order more. I do love how quiet they are. I have been told they fixed the wire harness issue so I won't have to worry about blowing up ASIC boards on a brand new machine.
Thanks.

The white plastic tray underneath was designed to go under a clothes washing machine.
I picked it up at Home Depot for $22
Targetbit

Activity: 323

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 05:07:35 PM

Hello,

I have a problem with one of my C1 antminers (I have 4 C1).

The problem is:

I turned on antminer and used 192.168.1.99 and next adjusted 192.168.1.91 to it and next I did mining for 1 hour. Next I turned it off and went out of home. When I came back I turned it on again but 192.168.1.91 and 192.168.1.99 is unknown and I can not access it's settings from IP. Also I was unable to reset it by holding reset button for 3s, because after 3s nothing is happens.

Power is on and antminer c1 fan is working. network lamp is on. But hashing boards lamps are off.
RED light lamp upper network socket is on.

Please tell me what is wrong with this C1 and how I can solve this problem?

My other C1 miners are working fine.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 05:21:00 PM

Hello,

The problem is:

I turned on antminer and used 192.168.1.99 and next adjusted 192.168.1.91 to it and next I did mining for 1 hour. Next I turned it off and went out of home. When I came back I turned it on again but 192.168.1.91 and 192.168.1.99 is unknown and I can not access it's settings from IP. Also I was unable to reset it by holding reset button for 3s, because after 3s nothing is happens.

Power is on and antminer c1 fan is working. network lamp is on. But hashing boards lamps are off.

Can you see it mining from pool side? If so I would say it's IP is ok just different ip look at connected devices.

If all else goes wrong you could always use the image of the micro SD card i made and dogie uploaded.  With it you know what the IP is.  But first try to find it on current network.
Targetbit

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 05:26:59 PM

Hello,

The problem is:

Can you see it mining from pool side? If so I would say it's IP is ok just different ip look at connected devices.

If all else goes wrong you could always use the image of the micro SD card i made and dogie uploaded.  With it you know what the IP is.  But first try to find it on current network.

In pool, there is 0.0 Gh/s and it is not mining.
Also I use switch for LAN cables and when I login to my switch panel, neither of these IPs are connected (192.168.1.91 and 192.168.1.99).

Why reset button does not work?
What is micro SD image? please explain and give me link and guide.
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2014, 05:28:17 PM

This has already been discussed. Look at the pictures in my C1 thread, the fans are 0.32A at max and the pump 1.2A at max. That's 2.16A through 4 cables which is fine.

dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2014, 05:30:15 PM

M

Looks like the shipping cost is showing artificially low, can you PM me an address to test please?

mdude77
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 05:53:02 PM

M

Looks like the shipping cost is showing artificially low, can you PM me an address to test please?

I think it happens by clicking refresh on the checkout page.

M

I mine at Kano's Pool because it pays the best and is completely transparent!  Come join me!
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 06:48:01 PM

M

I think it happens by clicking refresh on the checkout page.

M

You might make sure you have shipping selected to you and not their hosting.  Hosting is much cheaper to ship to.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 06:57:37 PM

Considering this miner can take 8 PCIe they should have looked at problem before throwing a PCIe connector on it.   Who has 9 PCIe unless you use a server PSU or adapters?

But not surprising considering all the dead pumps, and harness of death the first batch got.   They should have looked at good old molex connection.  Maybe even split it where not all on one cheap wire.

I'm still waiting for their manager to ok compensation... wonder what it means that they never got back to me......
Photon939

Activity: 452

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 07:07:10 PM

Considering this miner can take 8 PCIe they should have looked at problem before throwing a PCIe connector on it.   Who has 9 PCIe unless you use a server PSU or adapters?

But not surprising considering all the dead pumps, and harness of death the first batch got.   They should have looked at good old molex connection.  Maybe even split it where not all on one cheap wire.

I'm still waiting for their manager to ok compensation... wonder what it means that they never got back to me......

It's a male PCI-E power connector, it would go in one of the unused ports on the miner to pull power back out to run the fans/pump.
I'm running my C1 with just four PCI-E connectors and they don't really get warm (~180W each)
Targetbit

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 07:44:48 PM

Please someone help me.

As I told I can not access antminer IP address unique and default. also reset factory button does not work. You said I should use SD image. I am not familiar with these.

I downloaded SD image (uploaded by dogie). now what? I use MAC os x. Please let me know what should I do step by step.

Thanks.
tbolt

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 08:37:35 PM

Please someone help me.

As I told I can not access antminer IP address unique and default. also reset factory button does not work. You said I should use SD image. I am not familiar with these.

I downloaded SD image (uploaded by dogie). now what? I use MAC os x. Please let me know what should I do step by step.

Thanks.

1. Have you tried to reset the PSU used to power this Miner?
[Note: You may need to remove the AC Power cord completely from the PSU
for 30seconds to a minute]

2. and/or have you tried a different PSU?

3. Have you logged into your Router (IP= 192.168.0.1 -or- 192.168.1.1 is typical)
and looked at all of your devices to see if it is listed there?

4. What make and model number of PSU are you using?

5. What do you observe when you power the Miner up?
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 09:25:56 PM
Last edit: November 17, 2014, 09:46:54 PM by notlist3d

Proper Pump And Fan Power

Thanks to Bitmain especially Yoshi for help.  As I know I was scared that that wiring harness fried the whole board lucky syscooling just fried the fan controller (sucks less then total burning out, but yes still sucks)

With zero thanks to syscooling their gear is still traveling EMS and maybe in a few weeks I will get it who knows.   They did zero compensation for downtime with 2 pumps dead.  Just RMA me some more low quality gear on slowest possible shipping.  

Cost estimate for new pump was around 40 dollars each (shipping included).  And around 10 dollars shipped for molex to 6 3 pin fan connectors. (Allows me to connect without opening case).

Pump Left Side - Wiring Molex to Fan Board Right Picture

Suggestion:
If you got first batch pump's with first edition harness to send in for a RMA. Even if it seems to work ok.  Mine first pump ran for around 6 days or so great then stopped, other ran for one more day then fried 2 boards.  Do not let them harm your miner like they did mine.   Send in for RMA asking for new harness also i suggest trying for pump as they have a higher then average faulty rate it would seem.

To get RMA email  mk@ysun.net  or   watercooling@ysun.net and send a picture.  I suggest doing RMA asking for new harness and pump soon as they do use EMS (Very slow mail from China).  I don't want others to have to wait like I did on gear and end up buying it since syscooling is so slow and hard to do rma.
tbolt

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 10:09:08 PM

Thanks to Bitmain especially Yoshi for help.  As I know I was scared that that wiring harness fried the whole board lucky syscooling just fried the fan controller (sucks less then total burning out, but yes still sucks)

With zero thanks to syscooling their gear is still traveling EMS and maybe in a few weeks I will get it who knows.   They did zero compensation for downtime with 2 pumps dead.  Just RMA me some more low quality gear on slowest possible shipping.  

Cost estimate for new pump was around 40 dollars each (shipping included).  And around 10 dollars shipped for molex to 6 3 pin fan connectors. (Allows me to connect without opening case).

Suggestion:
If you got first batch pump's with first edition harness to send in for a RMA. Even if it seems to work ok.  Mine first pump ran for around 6 days or so great then stopped, other ran for one more day then fried 2 boards.  Do not let them harm your miner like they did mine.   Send in for RMA asking for new harness also i suggest trying for pump as they have a higher then average faulty rate it would seem.

To get RMA email  mk@ysun.net  or   watercooling@ysun.net and send a picture.  I suggest doing RMA asking for new harness and pump soon as they do use EMS (Very slow mail from China).  I don't want others to have to wait like I did on gear and end up buying it since syscooling is so slow and hard to do rma.

Why go thru the board at all?
This could happen again, if the pump dies, one of the fans die, cable harness gets yanked.

I'm thinking of going directly to the PSU (with the molex to 6 x3 pin fan connector)
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 10:20:26 PM

Suggestion:
If you got first batch pump's with first edition harness to send in for a RMA. Even if it seems to work ok.  Mine first pump ran for around 6 days or so great then stopped, other ran for one more day then fried 2 boards.  Do not let them harm your miner like they did mine.   Send in for RMA asking for new harness also i suggest trying for pump as they have a higher then average faulty rate it would seem.

To get RMA email  mk@ysun.net  or   watercooling@ysun.net and send a picture.  I suggest doing RMA asking for new harness and pump soon as they do use EMS (Very slow mail from China).  I don't want others to have to wait like I did on gear and end up buying it since syscooling is so slow and hard to do rma.

Why go thru the board at all?
This could happen again, if the pump dies, one of the fans die, cable harness gets yanked.

I'm thinking of going directly to the PSU (with the molex to 6 x3 pin fan connector)

I'm am going through a molex power cord to a 6 slot - 3 pin board.  It uses a molex cable direct from PSU to power it that's the beauty of that board.  Does not go through Hashing boards. Operates separate then miner but on same PSU.  This IS NOT made by syscooling and is not their harness.

http://www.amazon.com/Phobya-4-Pin-3-Pin-Splitter-Connection/dp/B007S3T4O0/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1416262920&sr=8-3&keywords=molex+to+fan
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 94 »
  Print  

Jump to: