Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 12:03:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTMINER C1 Discussion and Support Thread  (Read 128899 times)
rpandassociates

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 11:59:42 PM

Yes i agree we need extranonoce.subscribe I started mining a new pool today that requires it, and all the shares from my C1s  were rejected, all my S3+s S4s and S5s allow it but theres no way to do it with the C1s that i have found yet. I found a temporary solution via ssh but as soon as you reboot the miner you have to do it all over again. Cant believe my S3+'s will do extranonoce.subscribe but not my C1s
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 04:05:59 AM

Bitmain - will you continue to support and Update the software for the C1?Huh We are still missing features of newer machines.

Also can we get extranonoce.subscribe subscription support added?

The good news is they still are selling them. 

But I personally don't see a C2, I'm guessing they sell stock of C1's then it ends. There are a lot less C1's then their air cooled (S series) miners.  I could be jaded but I think syscooling parts made this miner a lot more trouble then original thought.
soy
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 05:18:53 PM
Last edit: March 09, 2015, 10:42:51 PM by soy

Ah, very nice.  Pickup scan was on 3/5 and UPS will deliver my C1 tomorrow 3/8!  

Pump is somewhere between Chicago and Atlanta.  

Now if only I had a radiator....  The radiator core purchased on Ebay from a vendor in China has shown a tracking number for some time and shows acceptance and dispatch but may be on a slow boat.  Perhaps an aluminum heater core from a junkyard or aluminum radiator w/its cooling fan.  Car electric radiator fan is likely muy inefficient.

C1 arrived and looks great.  Presently all hooked up to power supplies.  Pump hasn't arrived.  Radiator tracking is unclear, Processed thru sort facility yet clearly marked Origin Post is Preparing Shipment, Notice received origin is preparing to dispatch...  So no radiator.  Still in China I suppose.

Looked at a large aluminum condenser for $10.  Will need to lash up some kind of hose interface.  Will pick it up tomorrow and work on its hose connections.  May have to JB Weld some leaks.
opentoe
Legendary

Activity: 1274

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2015, 12:45:09 AM

Good news, I was able to get a fully compiled firmware with the latest cgminer 4.9.0. I've been using it all day on a couple of pools for testing and it works fine. It does fully support extranonoce.subscribe feature because when I tried connecting to Westhash.com proxy/pool it gave me a green check mark and no wasted hash. One problem though, if I put a price in the password, like p=0.20 which is really high on purpose for a reason, it does not jump down to my second pool. If you just want to hash on West/Mice all out then no problems. Here is the link you can get it at.

http://www.diggscloud.com/public.php?service=files&t=84a9f8cc5f13fe17a985311bd98eb31b

Download away. That link will eventually expire in several days.

If you need it,just let me know. Props smit1237

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
Evan

Activity: 507
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 01:35:14 PM

Good news, I was able to get a fully compiled firmware with the latest cgminer 4.9.0. I've been using it all day on a couple of pools for testing and it works fine. It does fully support extranonoce.subscribe feature because when I tried connecting to Westhash.com proxy/pool it gave me a green check mark and no wasted hash. One problem though, if I put a price in the password, like p=0.20 which is really high on purpose for a reason, it does not jump down to my second pool. If you just want to hash on West/Mice all out then no problems. Here is the link you can get it at.

http://www.diggscloud.com/public.php?service=files&t=84a9f8cc5f13fe17a985311bd98eb31b

just TO CONFIRM, this is a update to the C1 firm ware and will ONLY add support for CGminer 4.9.0?

I am poor, but i do work for Coin Smiley
1PtHcavXoakgNkQfEQdvnvEksEY2NvwaLM
soy
Legendary

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 12:06:17 AM

Now if only I had a radiator....  The radiator core purchased on Ebay from a vendor in China has shown a tracking number for some time and shows acceptance and dispatch but may be on a slow boat.  Perhaps an aluminum heater core from a junkyard or aluminum radiator w/its cooling fan.  Car electric radiator fan is likely muy inefficient.

C1 arrived and looks great.  Presently all hooked up to power supplies.  Pump hasn't arrived.  Radiator tracking is unclear, Processed thru sort facility yet clearly marked Origin Post is Preparing Shipment, Notice received origin is preparing to dispatch...  So no radiator.  Still in China I suppose.

Looked at a large aluminum condenser for $10.  Will need to lash up some kind of hose interface.  Will pick it up tomorrow and work on its hose connections.  May have to JB Weld some leaks.

Looks like n_howe1205 on Ebay can't be trusted to ship an $89.99 radiator w/fans in a timely fashion.
Tupsu
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 12:37:39 PM

Do not buy Syscooling.

I ordered 2015-02-23  from syscoling SC-750WATER PUMP and SC-BC2 antiminner cooling kit .
http://shop.syscooling.com/goods.php?id=26
http://shop.syscooling.com/goods.php?id=46

Total products money: $185.00 + Shipping money: $137.50 + Poundage: $13.40

Shipping status is still : Preparing   

This is not a quick service or fast shipment.

My order arrived today 2015-03-10 
soy
Legendary

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 02:52:39 PM

Earlier reading of the forum there were reports of failed pumps.  I wonder how many of those failed pumps were pushing into the quick disconnect couplers shown on Dogie's Guide.  Those disconnects have ports half the diameter of the normal barbs. 
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 03:32:15 PM

Earlier reading of the forum there were reports of failed pumps.  I wonder how many of those failed pumps were pushing into the quick disconnect couplers shown on Dogie's Guide.  Those disconnects have ports half the diameter of the normal barbs. 

I can say my two were not using the quick disconnects.   And 2 out of 2 did fail.   
soy
Legendary

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 09:06:38 PM
Last edit: March 11, 2015, 02:33:59 PM by soy

C1 arrived and looks great.  Presently all hooked up to power supplies.  Pump hasn't arrived.  Radiator tracking is unclear, Processed thru sort facility yet clearly marked Origin Post is Preparing Shipment, Notice received origin is preparing to dispatch...  So no radiator.  Still in China I suppose.

Looked at a large aluminum condenser for $10.  Will need to lash up some kind of hose interface.  Will pick it up tomorrow and work on its hose connections.  May have to JB Weld some leaks.

So, opting not to use the quick disconnects for their reduced fluid flow I'm going with the standard barbs.  I have the nice low pressure air hose to cut up for water flow, 56 cents/foot, but picked up a $12, 50' PVC low pressure air hose from Walmart having threaded ends that match the C1.  Instead of barbs I'll use lengths of this to connect to the condenser and pump.  Pump isn't yet here but another day delay won't kill me given a barb is set in JB Weld on the condenser and won't be hardened until tomorrow.  I have fans from my Asicminer Blade days.  Five are mounted across with a diamond mesh metal shield to keep objects from coming into contact with the fans and breaking off a blade.  I have more fans and mesh if these don't drop the temperature sufficiently.  Scrubbed the condenser and applied air pressure while submerged and no leaks.  It looked as tho a tube was mashed and would require cut, crimp and seal but I lucked out.  When the pump arrives I'll circulate distilled water for a while, dump it, and replace then hook up the C1

Started using Eligius the other day with all miners pointed to a single address and that gave me a dependable read of how much btc my hashing earns daily.  Bummer.  An easy calculation given the Kill-A-Watt reading on my other C1 and cost per kw with its associated state and local tax (those raise it just a little over ½ cent per kw).  A C1 just breaks even almost to the penny.  I thought I was doing better than that.  Of course if btc goes up that's great.  I did feel new miners from the manufacturer might become harder to obtain and these will warm in the winter at a better cost than propane but that was a lesser reason for buying.  So, I decided to shut down my Saturn to be fired up if btc goes high enough or otherwise next winter.  I probably should shut down a lousy S3 that runs hot and has a falling hashrate problem.
------------
New pump still hasn't left Chicago apparently.  When it gets to Atlanta, that night it would leave for the PO so as to arrive the next morning so it isn't going to be here tomorrow.  Maybe I'll try daisy-chaining the C1's, pump->C1#1->radiator->C1#2->Condenser->back to  the one pump.

-------------------

Now wondering if the USPS is offering a get-the-customer-annoyed-international-shipping-rate-from-China.

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 03:50:17 AM

New pump still hasn't left Chicago apparently.  When it gets to Atlanta, that night it would leave for the PO so as to arrive the next morning so it isn't going to be here tomorrow.  Maybe I'll try daisy-chaining the C1's, pump->C1#1->radiator->C1#2->Condenser->back to  the one pump.

I could not find it earlier. But for those who need in a hurry I used 2x of http://www.ebay.com/itm/381066536924?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT long ago.  Both working great ship from within US.

I did put the LED screw top in for fun.  No pressure issues or breakdowns.
tbolt

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 04:22:50 PM

Anyone try the new C1 firmware on the Bitmain site yet?

Interesting that the date on it is almost 3 months old...
Evan

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 08:14:18 PM

Anyone try the new C1 firmware on the Bitmain site yet?

Interesting that the date on it is almost 3 months old...

I am confused as all hell what is going on?Huh? lol Bitmain why release soemthing 3 months late?

soy
Legendary

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 08:21:47 PM
Last edit: March 11, 2015, 10:26:19 PM by soy

C1 arrived and looks great.  Presently all hooked up to power supplies.  Pump hasn't arrived.  Radiator tracking is unclear, Processed thru sort facility yet clearly marked Origin Post is Preparing Shipment, Notice received origin is preparing to dispatch...  So no radiator.  Still in China I suppose.

Looked at a large aluminum condenser for $10.  Will need to lash up some kind of hose interface.  Will pick it up tomorrow and work on its hose connections.  May have to JB Weld some leaks.

So, opting not to use the quick disconnects for their reduced fluid flow I'm going with the standard barbs.  I have the nice low pressure air hose to cut up for water flow, 56 cents/foot, but picked up a $12, 50' PVC low pressure air hose from Walmart having threaded ends that match the C1.  Instead of barbs I'll use lengths of this to connect to the condenser and pump.  Pump isn't yet here but another day delay won't kill me given a barb is set in JB Weld on the condenser and won't be hardened until tomorrow.  I have fans from my Asicminer Blade days.  Five are mounted across with a diamond mesh metal shield to keep objects from coming into contact with the fans and breaking off a blade.  I have more fans and mesh if these don't drop the temperature sufficiently.  Scrubbed the condenser and applied air pressure while submerged and no leaks.  It looked as tho a tube was mashed and would require cut, crimp and seal but I lucked out.  When the pump arrives I'll circulate distilled water for a while, dump it, and replace then hook up the C1

Started using Eligius the other day with all miners pointed to a single address and that gave me a dependable read of how much btc my hashing earns daily.  Bummer.  An easy calculation given the Kill-A-Watt reading on my other C1 and cost per kw with its associated state and local tax (those raise it just a little over ½ cent per kw).  A C1 just breaks even almost to the penny.  I thought I was doing better than that.  Of course if btc goes up that's great.  I did feel new miners from the manufacturer might become harder to obtain and these will warm in the winter at a better cost than propane but that was a lesser reason for buying.  So, I decided to shut down my Saturn to be fired up if btc goes high enough or otherwise next winter.  I probably should shut down a lousy S3 that runs hot and has a falling hashrate problem.
------------
New pump still hasn't left Chicago apparently.  When it gets to Atlanta, that night it would leave for the PO so as to arrive the next morning so it isn't going to be here tomorrow.  Maybe I'll try daisy-chaining the C1's, pump->C1#1->radiator->C1#2->Condenser->back to  the one pump.

-------------------

Now wondering if the USPS is offering a get-the-customer-annoyed-international-shipping-rate-from-China.

Well, have the condenser mounted in a window next to the radiator from the first C1.  Pump output goes to the first C1.  First C1 output goes to the condenser.  Condenser output goes second C1.  Second C1 output goes to the radiator.  Radiator output goes to the pump.

First C1 is fired up and running.  Cooled by both the radiator and the condenser with water running thru the second C1.

Now to configure the second C1 - and this is interesting.  Figuring if the C1 couldn't get to internet, then even tho the hashing boards were seeing 12v, no hashing would go on and the C1 would stay cool.  Grabbing a spare router, I connected to 192.168.1.99 with no uplink.  See, the problem is that my miners are on a different subnet in a back room.  The 192.168.1.0 subnet doesn't have a port back there.  So, it was shut down my other miners, swap the cable to the 12.168.1.0 subnet, and configure from the living room or fire up on a router not connected to the internet tho without any water in the cooling, completely disconnected from any radiator.  I tried the latter. I got in and started configuring but pretty quickly it stopped saving any inputs.  I felt the coolant ports on the C1 and they were fairly hot.  So, it shut down due to temperature is my guess.  I tried removing the BBB and booting that on the .1.0 subnet but it didn't have a power port so I swapped the card into another BBB and it wouldn't boot, no heartbeat.  Putting the card back in the BBB, closing up, I then put the second C1 in the back room and got the cooling system configured.  Water is moving well.  I'm glad I didn't use disconnects and only the thin wall barbs.  Using the expensive low pressure air hose from Lowes and it is a pleasure.  I think what I'll do now is take a couple of switches and run RJ45 to the back room just to configure.

This is like pulling teeth.  Also I was using an older outlet strip who's breaker was tripping mid-configuration.  Thought one of my supplies was bad.  So, C2#2 is up and running.  Temperatures 30,34,32,33, about what C1#1 had.  Now to restart C1#1 and see if I need to add additional fans to the condenser. ...just added 2 more fans.

C1#1 38,40,39,41 1920RPM, C1#2 37,40,39,40 1560RPM 
opentoe
Legendary

Activity: 1274

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2015, 01:14:01 AM

just TO CONFIRM, this is a update to the C1 firm ware and will ONLY add support for CGminer 4.9.0?

I flashed my C1's and they all work exactly as they did before except they have the newer cgminer running. I did not author the software, so I can't give you specifics.

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
rpandassociates

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 03:57:06 PM

I used the modified firmware and it worked fine, however bitmain just put out a new firmware for the c1s just installed it have not tested the extranonce feature yet, hopefully they added the new cgminer to it Smiley right now I am locked into the current round at the pool im in, I wont know until i change pools after this round, anyone else add the newest official firmware and know if extranonce is working on it?
Evan

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 10:12:16 PM

I used the modified firmware and it worked fine, however bitmain just put out a new firmware for the c1s just installed it have not tested the extranonce feature yet, hopefully they added the new cgminer to it Smiley right now I am locked into the current round at the pool im in, I wont know until i change pools after this round, anyone else add the newest official firmware and know if extranonce is working on it?

its CG miner 4.7.0

soy
Legendary

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 02:35:51 AM
Last edit: March 13, 2015, 02:55:55 AM by soy

A difficulty with my C1#2.  I changed the parameters including password and can log in on the gui.  When I ssh in, I register the key in putty then try to log in but my password isn't accepted.  Neither the new password nor password root are accepted in ssh.

Bothersome because I always like to command halt via ssh before killing power.  I found wakeup was less troublesome in earlier miners.

Signed in with admin as password, then changed root's passwd.
tbolt

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 02:50:16 AM

A difficulty with my C1#2.  I changed the parameters including password and can log in on the gui.  When I ssh in, I register the key in putty then try to log in but my password isn't accepted.  Neither the new password nor password root are accepted in ssh.

Bothersome because I always like to command halt via ssh before killing power.  I found wakeup was less troublesome in earlier miners.

ssh password admin on C1
soy
Legendary

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 03:06:04 AM
Last edit: March 13, 2015, 10:12:49 PM by soy

My great low pressure air hose used on the miners developed a leak from my using screw hose clamps instead of the split ring.  Bubbles were circulating.  I repaired the leak  That was last night.  I refilled and let the pump circulate water with the miners off until no bubbles were showing after shaking the miners.  The miners started up okay and both ran over 1TH all day but I've been filling the tank most of the day as the level would sometimes drop.  The tank cap is loose so no pressure builds.  While watching TV the level dropped faster than I expected, this tonight, 20 hours after the first low water level.  I noticed when my hashrate dropped into the high 900's on both miners.  I filled the tank and bubbles stopped but C1#2 was only running at 7.5 amps while typically it runs higher.  I shut it down and restarted but now the third chain is all dashes.  I shut it down for 5 minutes and restarted.  No improvement.  Suggestions?

The other pump arrived in Atlanta today so I should have it tomorrow and will be able to split the systems.

PCIE to that board not supplying power....  And found the leak.  Now the level should stay okay.

Up and running, just fine.

-----------------

Pump arrived.  Put it in series, pushing into C1#2 -> radiator -> stock pump -> C1#1 -> condenser -> new pump.  I like its LED as one can see water level easier in dim light.   Very easy to cause the heavy, thick walled, air hose to leak at the ports when a hose clamp is used.  Went to Lowes and in the plumbing where the hose is sold, one can only find permanent clamps which require the purchase an expensive crimping tool.  Into the hardware section I found the heavy duty spring type clips.  With these on the ports don't leak but very difficult springs.  Asked about a special compression tool for these and was told he always used pliers.  So, the two C1's are still in a loop.  Wonder when they'll ship that radiator from China.  As it is the condenser is doing equally well as the stock radiator, in fact just a little bit better than the stock radiator by a degree on the hashing board to see the cool water in each.  Have noticed that when there's a leak and air gets in the circuit and the boards heat, the current goes way up.
Pages: « 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 »
  Print  

Jump to: