Bitcoin Forum
September 24, 2024, 11:42:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTMINER C1 Discussion and Support Thread  (Read 129047 times)
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 11:07:05 PM

A difficulty with my C1#2.  I changed the parameters including password and can log in on the gui.  When I ssh in, I register the key in putty then try to log in but my password isn't accepted.  Neither the new password nor password root are accepted in ssh.

Bothersome because I always like to command halt via ssh before killing power.  I found wakeup was less troublesome in earlier miners.

Signed in with admin as password, then changed root's passwd.

Well lost password access via ssh on 2 C1's just now.  I knew that when new to sign in via ssh one would need to sign in as root and use admin as the password.  So, when my regular password wouldn't work I tried that but that's no go either.

What happened was I put a script in /sbin called cg.sh to restart /etc/init.d/cgminer.sh  but of course it would be lost with the next boot so I ran the 'cp -rf /etc/shadow /config/' then on the next boot I tried to login to run the script but can't get in.

I have tried changing the password in the GUI.  I can still get into the GUI no problem just can't ssh in.

The good thing with C1's is you could chances are flash the micro sd card and regain ssh access.  

Can't get the cover off without breaking down its installation.  There's only a subnet accessible in the back room.  Resetting puts it back on the .1.0 network.  I can leave it in place with circ water cooling and reset while hooked to a router not connected to the internet.  Big discussion in S5 forum about how loss of internet gets overheating.  At least the C1's cooling continues after internet break.  But it's hashing perfectly and I have the GUI.

I'd like to know if this failure is a built-in safeguard of some kind.  Putting a short script in /sbin/, which is on the path unlike /usr/sbin/ then saving with copy -rf /etc/shadow to /config/ then rebooting and losing access via ssh.  Tried root/mypassword, root/admin, admin/admin and none get me in.  If there were a cron entry like the S3's I might try putting in passwd root and running it once but no cron on C1's.  ..and now that I think of it - it wouldn't work as it comes back with the enter new password request

What ill it be breaking?    I know on mine if I unplug power I can open it up without needing to disconnect the fluid.  But I am also using a molex to 3 pin adapter so no fan are powered inside the miner.
soy
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 11:19:51 PM

A difficulty with my C1#2.  I changed the parameters including password and can log in on the gui.  When I ssh in, I register the key in putty then try to log in but my password isn't accepted.  Neither the new password nor password root are accepted in ssh.

Bothersome because I always like to command halt via ssh before killing power.  I found wakeup was less troublesome in earlier miners.

Signed in with admin as password, then changed root's passwd.

Well lost password access via ssh on 2 C1's just now.  I knew that when new to sign in via ssh one would need to sign in as root and use admin as the password.  So, when my regular password wouldn't work I tried that but that's no go either.

What happened was I put a script in /sbin called cg.sh to restart /etc/init.d/cgminer.sh  but of course it would be lost with the next boot so I ran the 'cp -rf /etc/shadow /config/' then on the next boot I tried to login to run the script but can't get in.

I have tried changing the password in the GUI.  I can still get into the GUI no problem just can't ssh in.

The good thing with C1's is you could chances are flash the micro sd card and regain ssh access.  

Can't get the cover off without breaking down its installation.  There's only a subnet accessible in the back room.  Resetting puts it back on the .1.0 network.  I can leave it in place with circ water cooling and reset while hooked to a router not connected to the internet.  Big discussion in S5 forum about how loss of internet gets overheating.  At least the C1's cooling continues after internet break.  But it's hashing perfectly and I have the GUI.

I'd like to know if this failure is a built-in safeguard of some kind.  Putting a short script in /sbin/, which is on the path unlike /usr/sbin/ then saving with copy -rf /etc/shadow to /config/ then rebooting and losing access via ssh.  Tried root/mypassword, root/admin, admin/admin and none get me in.  If there were a cron entry like the S3's I might try putting in passwd root and running it once but no cron on C1's.  ..and now that I think of it - it wouldn't work as it comes back with the enter new password request

What ill it be breaking?    I know on mine if I unplug power I can open it up without needing to disconnect the fluid.  But I am also using a molex to 3 pin adapter so no fan are powered inside the miner.

I have my miners on inexpensive, 4 shelf, wheeled carts from Walmart's.  Supplies up top and miner below.  S3's could slide in but C1's I had to cut out a bar to increase access.    Shelves are too close to remove a cover in place.  For the S3's the mobility is good as I can just spin the cart if I reverse a window fan but of course the C1's don't have much latitude with the radiators mounted in another window.
soy
Legendary

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 03:39:00 PM

Conclusion: the after market Syscooling pumps that have sharp edges and corners are too fragile for dependable use with these miners.  The stock Syscooling pumps with chamfered edges and corners have maybe twice the plastic thickness.   

The JD Weld I applied to the out port interface with the pump housing and along the seam, that after prepping/cleaning the surface with acetone, may have been okay but when I put the pump in place it again leaked at the out port and this after doing away with the heavy tubing and going with clear tubing so there's less weight on the port tube.  Disgusted, I taped the out port tube from the barb back to the pump housing with electrical tape almost up to the level of the barb and tried again.  This seems to be working.
bbxx

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

cryptoshark

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2015, 10:12:09 AM

hi

i got problem with one unit.
one of boards is dropping after few hours of hashing (it hashes ~800GH/sec after some time)
only power off and on resolving issue

is there any other solution to fix this ?

i use miner at stock settings.
it is powered by 1300W platinum psu, tested others psu too, same issue

thanks
tbolt

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 03:52:02 PM

hi

one of boards is dropping after few hours of hashing (it hashes ~800GH/sec after some time)

thanks

Can you post a screen shot of the miner status page?
(that would be helpful - use tinypic.com)

What is your ambient temperature like?

So, you are running it at 250M freq. and 0760 Volts?

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 04:44:48 PM

hi

thanks

I have one that does this aswell.  I have tried new firmware.  Nothing I did seems to stop it after a few hours going down.  I think it's one of my boards a this point.

I wonder if I could find the blade and redo thermal paste on it would help.  But I have been afraid I will lose entire board if I happen to be wrong.
MyRig
Donator

Activity: 792
Merit: 510

support@myrig.com

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2015, 04:57:03 PM

Connect 1 hashing PCB at a time to the control PCB and you should be able to pin point it to the troubled Hashing PCB.

Then you can try reapply thermo paste and see if it will resolve the case.  If not and if it is still within the 90-day warranty, you can send it back to Denver or EU area service center or to the Factory in China and the replacement be send to you

China: +86 18511636219

US or EU techs you can reach them at +1-844-248-6246 x2

hi

thanks

I have one that does this aswell.  I have tried new firmware.  Nothing I did seems to stop it after a few hours going down.  I think it's one of my boards a this point.

I wonder if I could find the blade and redo thermal paste on it would help.  But I have been afraid I will lose entire board if I happen to be wrong.

Antminer & DragonMint Repair  E-mail: support@myrig.com   T: @MyRig_com
Return Address: MyRig 3700 Quebec Street, Unit 100-239, Denver, Colorado 80207, USA
soy
Legendary

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 08:57:40 PM

hi

thanks

I attempted a check of the thermal paste.  Tried to do this without cutting the cooling connection but instead twisting.  Didn't work.  I gave up and let it be.  Those screw pairs on the S3's and S3+'s are only half used on each side, one screw per pair.  Probably thru hole and the other board on the far side using the other screw.  Easy to strip one of those and since not a pair it gets difficult.  Unless you plan to go hole hog and rip it apart ....
tbolt

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 09:46:09 PM

hi

thanks

If it happens after a few hours, it is a cooling problem.

I had to replace the cooling block to fix my very similar problem.

I had 5 Xs on the 2nd chain hash board after a couple of hours.

tbolt

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 10:55:07 PM

My Notes from the teardown of my C1 Miner

1. Be aware that the cooling blocks (that nearly all screws in the C1 attach to)
are made of extremely soft aluminum. Very easy to strip.

2. Use only a LIGHT 2-finger torque on all of the screws.

3. The 4 Spring loaded screws that attach the Air cooled side heatsinks (fins)
were by far the hardest to get right. Extreme care should be taken with these screws
Very light touch using a good screwdriver. The heads on these screws are also easy
to strip out. LIGHT touch.

Do not over tighten these 4 screws, I believe these 4 screws are capable of bottoming out
in their screw threads in the cooling block

4. When reassembling, compare the Air cooled fins position (or orientation)
to one of the other hashing boards. You can use vias or one of the components on the board
to eyeball the position of the heatsink. These Air cooled heatsinks float on the top
of the ASIC chips, hence the Springs to keep the force.

5. Once installed, you can compare the Spring action (tension) between two or more
of the hashing boards. You can rock the board up a bit (1mm) if you reach your fingertips
underneath the top of the heatsink. This is only to compare the tension between
two different heatsinks. You don't have to do this.

6. Also, do not tighten with any force the Cooling block coolant connections as
they will sheer off completely if too much force is used (soft aluminum).

7. The Cooling blocks are available from the SysCooling web site.

http://shop.syscooling.com/goods.php?id=47

8. Reapply thermal paste on the ASIC chips

dunand

Activity: 637
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 10:57:15 PM

hi

thanks

It really was the water block or only the termal paste?
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 12:19:06 AM

hi

thanks

I have upraded my water cooling after original pump died.  I'm guessing thermal past for me at least.
tbolt

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 01:25:41 PM

hi

thanks

In my case it was the water block.

..Try the thermal paste first
soy
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 02:15:43 PM

My Notes from the teardown of my C1 Miner

1. Be aware that the cooling blocks (that nearly all screws in the C1 attach to)
are made of extremely soft aluminum. Very easy to strip.

2. Use only a LIGHT 2-finger torque on all of the screws.

3. The 4 Spring loaded screws that attach the Air cooled side heatsinks (fins)
were by far the hardest to get right. Extreme care should be taken with these screws
Very light touch using a good screwdriver. The heads on these screws are also easy
to strip out. LIGHT touch.

Do not over tighten these 4 screws, I believe these 4 screws are capable of bottoming out
in their screw threads in the cooling block

4. When reassembling, compare the Air cooled fins position (or orientation)
to one of the other hashing boards. You can use vias or one of the components on the board
to eyeball the position of the heatsink. These Air cooled heatsinks float on the top
of the ASIC chips, hence the Springs to keep the force.

5. Once installed, you can compare the Spring action (tension) between two or more
of the hashing boards. You can rock the board up a bit (1mm) if you reach your fingertips
underneath the top of the heatsink. This is only to compare the tension between
two different heatsinks. You don't have to do this.

6. Also, do not tighten with any force the Cooling block coolant connections as
they will sheer off completely if too much force is used (soft aluminum).

7. The Cooling blocks are available from the SysCooling web site.

http://shop.syscooling.com/goods.php?id=47

8. Reapply thermal paste on the ASIC chips

And on removing the board from the cooling block or inside heatsink on any S3 or C1, it looks like peeling it off would lead to damage.  These board were not made to flex.  I suggest one of the break off razor knives with a new long blade.  After screws are removed, slide in at a lower corner and work across.  

I have an slow s3 from Pines Computer in Florida bought on Amazon.  I suspect careless peeling may be the reason the boards are slower and inefficient.  If the underside ASIC heatsink plate soldering to the ground plane underneath has been damaged then it will be hotter.  A board flex could do that.  It will be the first Bitmain miner I will eventually retire and then I'll put it in an oven with the ASICs exposed to reflow the solder then test.
nicehash
Legendary

Activity: 885
Merit: 1006

NiceHash.com

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2015, 03:25:59 PM

Hi,

If anyone is interested, here is updated firmware for AntMiners C1 with extranonce.subscribe support and fresh cgminer version:

AntMiner C1:
https://www.nicehash.com/download/AntMiner_C1_SD-firmware_cgminer_4.9.0_nicehash.tar.gz

Details explained here: https://www.nicehash.com/index.jsp?p=software#asic, firmware was prepared by smit1237 (thanks!).

Kind regards,
NiceHash.com

soy
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 06:14:43 PM

The problem again:  On both C1's I put a script in /sbin and ran cp -rf /etc/shadow /config/ but then lost ssh login on both.  root/admin root/mypassword root/root, nothing works.

C1#1 had a November firmware and C1#2 had the December firmware.  I just used the GUI Upgrade to flash a new image and brought C1#1 up to the Wed Dec 17 firmware.  I flashed while retaining setting because it's not on the 192.168.1.0 network.  I still cannot ssh into the C1.

So I reflashed with Keep Settings unchecked.  Waited 90 seconds.  Shut the miner down.  Then expecting the miner to wakeup on the 192.168.1.0 network, swapped routers.  Then I couldn't find the miner on the .1.0 net so I ran tcpdump and saw the antminer looking for the gateway of the other network.  So I swapped the miner to the other network and do have a GUI but still can't login to ssh.  But it seems to be happily mining on the old settings, e.g. 243.75M/0725.

I know flashing the image changed the firmware when it changed from Nov to Dec firmware on Overview->System->File System Version.  But when I flashed that firmware again with the Keep Settings unchecked, it didn't revert to the stock settings. 
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 06:28:50 PM

The problem again:  On both C1's I put a script in /sbin and ran cp -rf /etc/shadow /config/ but then lost ssh login on both.  root/admin root/mypassword root/root, nothing works.

C1#1 had a November firmware and C1#2 had the December firmware.  I just used the GUI Upgrade to flash a new image and brought C1#1 up to the Wed Dec 17 firmware.  I flashed while retaining setting because it's not on the 192.168.1.0 network.  I still cannot ssh into the C1.

So I reflashed with Keep Settings unchecked.  Waited 90 seconds.  Shut the miner down.  Then expecting the miner to wakeup on the 192.168.1.0 network, swapped routers.  Then I couldn't find the miner on the .1.0 net so I ran tcpdump and saw the antminer looking for the gateway of the other network.  So I swapped the miner to the other network and do have a GUI but still can't login to ssh.  But it seems to be happily mining on the old settings, e.g. 243.75M/0725.

I know flashing the image changed the firmware when it changed from Nov to Dec firmware on Overview->System->File System Version.  But when I flashed that firmware again with the Keep Settings unchecked, it didn't revert to the stock settings. 

It might be nothing but I personally would not shutdown miner when flashing.  I would let it do the restart, if it shutdown before it's finished it can give you some troubles.

I think you had your C1's where it's hard to get into but it might be easiest/take less time to find a way to get into your C1's and flash the micro sd.
soy
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 06:38:28 PM

The problem again:  On both C1's I put a script in /sbin and ran cp -rf /etc/shadow /config/ but then lost ssh login on both.  root/admin root/mypassword root/root, nothing works.

C1#1 had a November firmware and C1#2 had the December firmware.  I just used the GUI Upgrade to flash a new image and brought C1#1 up to the Wed Dec 17 firmware.  I flashed while retaining setting because it's not on the 192.168.1.0 network.  I still cannot ssh into the C1.

So I reflashed with Keep Settings unchecked.  Waited 90 seconds.  Shut the miner down.  Then expecting the miner to wakeup on the 192.168.1.0 network, swapped routers.  Then I couldn't find the miner on the .1.0 net so I ran tcpdump and saw the antminer looking for the gateway of the other network.  So I swapped the miner to the other network and do have a GUI but still can't login to ssh.  But it seems to be happily mining on the old settings, e.g. 243.75M/0725.

I know flashing the image changed the firmware when it changed from Nov to Dec firmware on Overview->System->File System Version.  But when I flashed that firmware again with the Keep Settings unchecked, it didn't revert to the stock settings.  

It might be nothing but I personally would not shutdown miner when flashing.  I would let it do the restart, if it shutdown before it's finished it can give you some troubles.

I think you had your C1's where it's hard to get into but it might be easiest/take less time to find a way to get into your C1's and flash the micro sd.

Yes, perhaps.  I run nmap and see it has port 22/tcp ssh open as well as 80/tcp http but it's no help.

Since I'm at the Dec firmware maybe I should use the reset button, a hard reset should do it.

Or first I can restore to the Nov as I saved an archive then reflash to the newer firmware - it may be that just because I put don't save the settings, it looked at the firmware and say it's the same so I won't.

--------------
System Configuration Restore Successed -- rebooting
 Firmware still Dec 17 so Restore is only for setting not firmware.

soy
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 08:10:09 PM

The problem again:  On both C1's I put a script in /sbin and ran cp -rf /etc/shadow /config/ but then lost ssh login on both.  root/admin root/mypassword root/root, nothing works.

C1#1 had a November firmware and C1#2 had the December firmware.  I just used the GUI Upgrade to flash a new image and brought C1#1 up to the Wed Dec 17 firmware.  I flashed while retaining setting because it's not on the 192.168.1.0 network.  I still cannot ssh into the C1.

So I reflashed with Keep Settings unchecked.  Waited 90 seconds.  Shut the miner down.  Then expecting the miner to wakeup on the 192.168.1.0 network, swapped routers.  Then I couldn't find the miner on the .1.0 net so I ran tcpdump and saw the antminer looking for the gateway of the other network.  So I swapped the miner to the other network and do have a GUI but still can't login to ssh.  But it seems to be happily mining on the old settings, e.g. 243.75M/0725.

I know flashing the image changed the firmware when it changed from Nov to Dec firmware on Overview->System->File System Version.  But when I flashed that firmware again with the Keep Settings unchecked, it didn't revert to the stock settings.  

It might be nothing but I personally would not shutdown miner when flashing.  I would let it do the restart, if it shutdown before it's finished it can give you some troubles.

Yes, perhaps.  I run nmap and see it has port 22/tcp ssh open as well as 80/tcp http but it's no help.

Since I'm at the Dec firmware maybe I should use the reset button, a hard reset should do it.

Or first I can restore to the Nov as I saved an archive then reflash to the newer firmware - it may be that just because I put don't save the settings, it looked at the firmware and say it's the same so I won't.

--------------

This crap has my whole subnet down
soy
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 08:50:59 PM

--------------

This crap has my whole subnet down

truc·u·lent
ˈtrəkyələnt/
adjective
adjective: truculent

eager or quick to argue or fight; aggressively defiant.
    "his days of truculent defiance were over"
    synonyms:   defiant, aggressive, antagonistic, combative, belligerent, pugnacious, confrontational, ready for a fight, obstreperous, argumentative, quarrelsome, uncooperative;
Pages: « 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 »
  Print  

Jump to: