Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 02:27:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 94 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTMINER C1 Discussion and Support Thread  (Read 128903 times)
s2miner

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 01:54:32 AM

polymer_city,

Try lowering the frequency using ssh or with GUI as soon as you power it up since t works for you for a little while.
The factory setting will run the miner at 250 and in my case it just didn't work.

In my case GUI wouldnt show up at all when miner was received so I had to do it using ssh.

Once frequency is lower, GUI may start responding.

I had to lower the frequency to 218.5 to make the GUI and miner work. Eventually I had to bring it down to 193.5 to keep it stable and consumes 660 watts for .7 Thashes . Temperature stays in 40s so cooling is not the issue.

I am not sure why bitmain is not accepting the reality of situation and offering a solution to this problem.

dsheaffer

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 02:24:09 AM

As a point of reference, I have two C1s up and running for ~4.5 days. Both are stable at stock.  GUI on one is 1005GH/s the other 973GH/s (one bad chip on this one); Pool reports 1.03TH/s (Huh) and 949GH/s respectively. 
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 02:35:59 AM

As a point of reference, I have two C1s up and running for ~4.5 days. Both are stable at stock.  GUI on one is 1005GH/s the other 973GH/s (one bad chip on this one); Pool reports 1.03TH/s (Huh) and 949GH/s respectively. 

I have two and winter air for cooling.   One is hitting 1050 and 1030.   Had problem with bad sd on one.  But once flashed with good it works great.

Used rm-1000 on both.  Working great.
RchGrav

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 03:21:49 AM

would love to use FrozenCPU.com   - good reliable company in New York for many years.  Do they have a complete c1 kit or sku? 

Delete the quote please, you turn something which gets updated into something static with links which will die. In this case, the quick disconnect fittings are wrong (too small).

Yup... I got boned really hard by that  (not because of the repost, I ordered them previously so I could get up and going the day they got delivered) ... 

I'm not sure if I was more upset about the $50 I'll never see again (figured it out after opening them) or the fact that I don't have any quick disconnects on my miner.

Shakes fist angrily at whomever made that post in the first place..   (jk dogie, shit happens life goes on. )

I cried myself to sleep, but then I remembered there isn't any crying allowed in bitcoin mining..  Grin  could you imagine?  Cheesy

4C 6F 6E 67  4C 69 76 65  42 69 74 63 6F 69 6E
Qba'g lbh unir nalguvat orggre gb qb?
syscooling

Activity: 154

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 03:32:51 AM

OK...it's 3:00am and I finally got both of my new C1s up and running...the first one was a breeze, it took maybe an hour.  After a bunch of S1s and S3s and doing water cooling on a number of PCs, setting up a C1  should be a breeze for me.

HOWEVER ... the second C1 took me 6+ hours set up.  At the end of the day the issue was NOT Bitmaintech's but rather Syscooling.com's.  The wiring harness they provide to connect the pump and three radiator fans is a complete piece of Sh!t.  It actually had a short which fried a couple of resistors on one board thereby killing the fan header on that board.  

I ended up directly connecting the pump to one of the remaining board's headers and then cutting the connectors off of all the fans, using one to connect to the last good board header (the other is used for the front case fan) and soldering the whole mess together.  

It actually works better this way since the original harness from syscooling just has 12V and Ground, but the fans and pump are all variable speed and the headers all support variable speed and monitoring (pump can monitor rpms and therefore should be connected to a separate header anyway).

Making a GOOD harness would have cost Syscooling.com maybe $2.00 more and would have saved me hours trying to figure out what was wrong and then figuring out how best to correct their crappy harness.  Since there is no way to adequately route the fan and pump wires now (without drilling holes in the case), I have to leave the cover off.  

BTW, Bitmaintech could spend another few bucks and put a couple of headers on the outside of the C1 so that the user doesn't have to take the cover off to connect the pump and radiator fans...just a thought!

Bitmaintech...I will reiterate what I said in an earlier post...Syscooling.com is going to kill your reputation.  If you want to continue to produce watercooled systems, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE find someone that can produce a decent product and who understands what customer service is about.

We are so sorry about this,in order to match with C1 miner,the terminal has been changed into model 2510,but in the process of changing,some mistake happened,result in a few of wiring harness inoperative.Here is the solution http://youtu.be/WuuiWfjs9bY.Appologize again,this problem only exist in the first batch of water cooling kits,now we have corrected it,and every harness would be tested before packed.

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                       Get Your FREE Coins NOW!     
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
dsheaffer

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 03:50:08 AM

OK...it's 3:00am and I finally got both of my new C1s up and running...the first one was a breeze, it took maybe an hour.  After a bunch of S1s and S3s and doing water cooling on a number of PCs, setting up a C1  should be a breeze for me.

HOWEVER ... the second C1 took me 6+ hours set up.  At the end of the day the issue was NOT Bitmaintech's but rather Syscooling.com's.  The wiring harness they provide to connect the pump and three radiator fans is a complete piece of Sh!t.  It actually had a short which fried a couple of resistors on one board thereby killing the fan header on that board.  

I ended up directly connecting the pump to one of the remaining board's headers and then cutting the connectors off of all the fans, using one to connect to the last good board header (the other is used for the front case fan) and soldering the whole mess together.  

It actually works better this way since the original harness from syscooling just has 12V and Ground, but the fans and pump are all variable speed and the headers all support variable speed and monitoring (pump can monitor rpms and therefore should be connected to a separate header anyway).

Making a GOOD harness would have cost Syscooling.com maybe $2.00 more and would have saved me hours trying to figure out what was wrong and then figuring out how best to correct their crappy harness.  Since there is no way to adequately route the fan and pump wires now (without drilling holes in the case), I have to leave the cover off.  

BTW, Bitmaintech could spend another few bucks and put a couple of headers on the outside of the C1 so that the user doesn't have to take the cover off to connect the pump and radiator fans...just a thought!

Bitmaintech...I will reiterate what I said in an earlier post...Syscooling.com is going to kill your reputation.  If you want to continue to produce watercooled systems, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE find someone that can produce a decent product and who understands what customer service is about.

We are so sorry about this,in order to match with C1 miner,the terminal has been changed into model 2510,but in the process of changing,some mistake happened,result in a few of wiring harness inoperative.Here is the solution http://youtu.be/WuuiWfjs9bY.Appologize again,this problem only exist in the first batch of water cooling kits,now we have corrected it,and every harness would be tested before packed.

Syscooling.com,

REALLY?Huh??  First, the link to the youtube video is incorrect, so I have no idea if your "fix" actually works or not. Second, while your apology is appreciated, you offer nothing for the time and effort I needed to invest to get the miner running despite your failure.  Third, your cooling system damaged one of my C1 boards, but you offer no compensation for that either.

All,

As and FYI...I ordered a few PWM (1x 4Pin to 2x 4 Pin) splitters that I will use to replace the syscooling.com harness. Each miner will need two splitters (I plan to plug each into a the fan header on an available mining board and run through the top openings rather than the front fan wiring cutout as the original instructions suggest). I bought ten units for USD 1.85 each (they are even cheaper in larger quantities).  They are available on ebay, aliexpress, amazon, etc, etc. I will report on back on my experience once I make the mod.

s2miner

Activity: 26

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 05:09:46 AM
Last edit: November 05, 2014, 09:41:52 AM by s2miner

Does C1 has an option for wifi (like S3 does).

Has anyone explored this yet?

syscooling

Activity: 154

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 06:16:50 AM

Syscooling.com,

REALLY?Huh??  First, the link to the youtube video is incorrect, so I have no idea if your "fix" actually works or not. Second, while your apology is appreciated, you offer nothing for the time and effort I needed to invest to get the miner running despite your failure.  Third, your cooling system damaged one of my C1 boards, but you offer no compensation for that either.

All,

As and FYI...I ordered a few PWM (1x 4Pin to 2x 4 Pin) splitters that I will use to replace the syscooling.com harness. Each miner will need two splitters (I plan to plug each into a the fan header on an available mining board and run through the top openings rather than the front fan wiring cutout as the original instructions suggest). I bought ten units for USD 1.85 each (they are even cheaper in larger quantities).  They are available on ebay, aliexpress, amazon, etc, etc. I will report on back on my experience once I make the mod.

URL:http://youtu.be/WuuiWfjs9bY.    For your time and effort we are very sorry about that,we have tried our best to solve the issue.The problem is the terminal and wire are easily separated,so the harness will not work.That can not damage your C1 boards,if your board is fried,there must be other problems.You could email  us,and we will help you as much as we can.

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                       Get Your FREE Coins NOW!     
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
d00d

Activity: 24
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 09:29:42 AM

It can be run without Miner C1 start not water cooler?
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2014, 12:19:12 PM

Yup... I got boned really hard by that  (not because of the repost, I ordered them previously so I could get up and going the day they got delivered) ... 

I'm not sure if I was more upset about the $50 I'll never see again (figured it out after opening them) or the fact that I don't have any quick disconnects on my miner.

Shakes fist angrily at whomever made that post in the first place..   (jk dogie, shit happens life goes on. )

I cried myself to sleep, but then I remembered there isn't any crying allowed in bitcoin mining..  Grin  could you imagine?  Cheesy

Yeah my bad, the original specs were going to use 6mm ID but it changed on release [and I didn't recheck]. I too have a set of quick disconnects I cant use, but they're more like $120 worth.

dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2014, 12:19:26 PM

It can be run without Miner C1 start not water cooler?

No, must have watercooling

dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2014, 12:20:15 PM

URL:http://youtu.be/WuuiWfjs9bY.    For your time and effort we are very sorry about that,we have tried our best to solve the issue.The problem is the terminal and wire are easily separated,so the harness will not work.That can not damage your C1 boards,if your board is fried,there must be other problems.You could email  us,and we will help you as much as we can.

This is what happened on my two cables, hence its now getting fixed. Instead of soldering I bought some more PCB crimp connectors and remade the end.

dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2014, 12:23:06 PM

I have two and winter air for cooling.   One is hitting 1050 and 1030.   Had problem with bad sd on one.  But once flashed with good it works great.

Used rm-1000 on both.  Working great.

Love RM1000s, I've got 3 now. 16AWG, 8 PCI-E, 1KW (likely 1.1+), has no problems with 40-50C ambient.

Photon939

Activity: 452
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 02:10:26 PM

Does C1 has an option for wifi (like S3 does).

Has anyone explored this yet?

The C1 uses a cost-reduced Beaglebone Black as the controller, there is no wireless radio.

fyrfterjr

Activity: 10

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 07:00:23 PM

Can 2 power source units be plugged into one card?
dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2014, 07:50:54 PM

Can 2 power source units be plugged into one card?

One miner, yes, one PCB, no.

fyrfterjr

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 08:15:23 PM

So just to clarify (this is my first time hooking one of these up and I don't want to Fry it.), I can plug into each one of the two 6 pin power connectors each from a different PSU?

mavericklm

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 08:23:03 PM

So just to clarify (this is my first time hooking one of these up and I don't want to Fry it.), I can plug into each one of the two 6 pin power connectors each from a different PSU?

1psu / blade only! do not power 1blade with more than 1psu!
blade=board
fyrfterjr

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 08:27:59 PM

OK, got it, thank you so much. You saved me from a fireworks show.
Tupsu
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 08:54:51 PM

I opened  today the   last C1 package, and what a surprise. bitmain sent to me miner with the coolant and it had leaked out.

Repair leaks out, and it turned out that the pump does not work.

Now  working  one pump  for  the two miners and one miner still does not work, because I have not reached time  to make a new wiring.

From 6 x C1 sets

1x  bad micro sd (replaced)
1x  leaky miner (repaired)
1x  bad pump
2x  bad wires

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 94 »
  Print  

Jump to: