Bitcoin Forum
July 11, 2024, 05:37:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 94 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTMINER C1 Discussion and Support Thread  (Read 128931 times)
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2014, 12:05:52 AM

With US I had trouble finding a pump for cheap with quicker shipping.  I turned to ebay and sorted by being in US and you can adjust location miles.  Then you can see estimated shipping dates.  The thing with ebay was LOTS of variety, and i was able to get a different brand.   Lots come from China, I just didn't have time with being down two miners.  Amazon has one that is close to kit http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MB9EP3G/ref=s9_psimh_gw_p147_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0K2PSNFZTA9AHGE42714&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1688200382&pf_rd_i=507846 .   But myself I wanted one's different then kit ive been messing with.

Don't buy that pump, its significantly weaker than the C1 pump (hence 0.4A instead of 1.2A).

dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2014, 12:11:13 AM

does it matter? amperage above 15A/ board most important, and preferable with 2*6pin, not just one 6pin
i got 1psu/1 blade

Well if your blade with water pump and radiator goes down and it still runs.... not really good
Or if one that controls fan in front goes down and it keeps running... not really good either.

then isn't it better to put the pump totally separated and is there a shut down based on temperature or somekind of halt the mining!?

Normally I say its fine to split PSU on one of these, but for the specific problem that the pump could go. There is an auto shutdown @ 80C chip temps, but we could get some leaking before that happens. Avoid using two PSUs if possible.

dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2014, 01:31:45 AM

if there is a master blade like in s1 and s3, then i think is best to use a molex from the same power as that blade

Maybe, would have to test by powering one blade at a time.

opentoe
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2014, 05:08:17 AM

What kind of connections do the radiator fans have on them? 3 pin, 4pin, or something else? I'm looking for an adapter that will power all the fans directly from my power supply and not have to go through the miner rig.

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
syscooling

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 05:19:55 AM

Is Corsair RM850 80+ Gold PSU enough for running one Antminer C1?

Yes, although I still prefer the 1000 as an investment if you're buying a new one.

I can confirm the rm1000 is great with theses.  I had a cold ambient temps and PSU was in its "quiet" mode.

I have got conformation I am being sent 2 pumps as replacement's.   I bought a molex to fan connector so I don't have to worry about my wire frying boards.

All said it looks like I am losing around 2 weeks mining on 2 C1 machines.  Down 2 board fan controller's on 2 separate boards.  Lost higher priced coolant.  Paranoid and bought 2 extra pumps, and molex to fan boards.  With extra parts I ordered I am hoping to lose only around a week, but it came at a premium.

I will know more when I get all the parts from RMA.

I highly suggest 2 things after all of this so you don't lose mining time.  
Wiring harness has been replaced,it could plug in board directly from outside,and three terminals for fans,one for pump.

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                       Get Your FREE Coins NOW!     
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
syscooling

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 05:27:58 AM

What kind of connections do the radiator fans have on them? 3 pin, 4pin, or something else? I'm looking for an adapter that will power all the fans directly from my power supply and not have to go through the miner rig.

Wiring harness has been newly designed,it could plug in board directly from outside,and three 3 pin terminals for fans,one 4 pin terminal for pump.

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                       Get Your FREE Coins NOW!     
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
syscooling

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 05:35:24 AM

then isn't it better to put the pump totally separated and is there a shut down based on temperature or somekind of halt the mining!?

Mr.hjelc showed his modified water cooling kits for S3 at #107,maybe you could take it into consideration.

dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2014, 05:35:47 AM

3 pin on the 3 radiator fans, 4 pin on the pump.

opentoe
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2014, 05:36:40 AM

Thank you, but what connections are on the ends of the fans? 3pin? 4pin? 2pin?
Thanks.

opentoe
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2014, 05:38:25 AM

Ok thanks. Now just to look for a molex connector to a multi 3pin harness. Not trying to avoid using the harness, but more as a backup really.

dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2014, 05:48:50 AM

Ok thanks. Now just to look for a molex connector to a multi 3pin harness. Not trying to avoid using the harness, but more as a backup really.

Any generic fan controller will do that. Might have to cut a bit of the plastic on one of them to fit the 4 pin in but it will effectively give you 4x3pin to molex.

grn

Activity: 357
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 06:08:25 AM

this looks interesting for those buying the cooling kit not included c1

http://shop.syscooling.com/goods.php?id=46

How is that Lexical analysis working out bickneleski?
dsheaffer

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 11:38:56 PM

Except the shipping is as much as the cooling kit. That's just crazy.
dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2014, 12:21:58 AM

That's what it costs to ship 8.5kg (and probably much more volumetrically) to the US.

dsheaffer

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 02:52:16 AM

That's what it costs to ship 8.5kg (and probably much more volumetrically) to the US.

I have not done the specific research, but will concede that it MAY cost that much to ship to the US in the most inefficient method possible.

If you are consulting for them, here is a suggestion...Have Syscooling or BitMainTech send a bunch (a few hundred) of the cooling kits via an efficient means like "less than a container"-- which would likely cost a tenth of what Syscooling is charging on a per unit basis.   Then have someone stateside act as their agent to sell/ship from the US.  They could do this on consignment or could wholesale to someone in the US who could make a few bucks retailing the system.

Hell, if they could get them to me based on a 5 week guaranteed delivery (they should be on the water for less than 4 weeks even with the west coast port issues); and if they will sell them to me for less that $100, I would take 100 units provided they give me the US East Coast territory...just a thought.
dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2014, 03:36:36 AM

I have not done the specific research, but will concede that it MAY cost that much to ship to the US in the most inefficient method possible.

If you are consulting for them, here is a suggestion...Have Syscooling or BitMainTech send a bunch (a few hundred) of the cooling kits via an efficient means like "less than a container"-- which would likely cost a tenth of what Syscooling is charging on a per unit basis.   Then have someone stateside act as their agent to sell/ship from the US.  They could do this on consignment or could wholesale to someone in the US who could make a few bucks retailing the system.

Hell, if they could get them to me based on a 5 week guaranteed delivery (they should be on the water for less than 4 weeks even with the west coast port issues); and if they will sell them to me for less that $100, I would take 100 units provided they give me the US East Coast territory...just a thought.
Running the numbers you can fit about 480 of these into a 20 footer. Its about $6500 from CN to US including the import costs, then ~$1500 to your land location and $400 for unloading labour. In total, $8400 for 500 units = $20 each. But it takes 6 weeks, and requires you to buy $70,000 upfront.

You're also forgetting that the shipping on each individual unit after the first is significantly less. Thats the effect you get when you include the cooling kit with the miner, which you HAVE to send by air anyway.

dsheaffer

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 04:00:05 AM

If you are consulting for them, here is a suggestion...Have Syscooling or BitMainTech send a bunch (a few hundred) of the cooling kits via an efficient means like "less than a container"-- which would likely cost a tenth of what Syscooling is charging on a per unit basis.   Then have someone stateside act as their agent to sell/ship from the US.  They could do this on consignment or could wholesale to someone in the US who could make a few bucks retailing the system.

Running the numbers you can fit about 480 of these into a 20 footer. Its about $6500 from CN to US including the import costs, then ~$1500 to your land location and $400 for unloading labour. In total, $8400 for 500 units = $20 each. But it takes 6 weeks, and requires you to buy $70,000 upfront.

You're also forgetting that the shipping on each individual unit after the first is significantly less. Thats the effect you get when you include the cooling kit with the miner, which you HAVE to send by air anyway.

Hmmm....actually it sounds like we are on the same page.  Assuming they have a typical 35 - 40% margin and can get them to me at $20 per unit shipping cost (as opposed to $118), we should both be able to make out quite well. As far as I know BitMainTech is not shipping the 4-miner cooling kit with their miners, so I don't understand your comment regarding having to ship "via air anyway".

opentoe
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2014, 04:24:36 AM

Any generic fan controller will do that. Might have to cut a bit of the plastic on one of them to fit the 4 pin in but it will effectively give you 4x3pin to molex.

Having a tough time finding the adaptder. Just want to go from my power supply and plug the male part of the 4 pin molex into the femaie. Then on the other end plug the pump into it with the 4pin connector, hence not have to open up the C1 at all or use any harness.

dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2014, 04:28:13 AM

Having a tough time finding the adaptder. Just want to go from my power supply and plug the male part of the 4 pin molex into the femaie. Then on the other end plug the pump into it with the 4pin connector, hence not have to open up the C1 at all or use any harness.

See the blade guide, think there are still fan controller links in there.

dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2014, 04:29:49 AM

If you are consulting for them, here is a suggestion...Have Syscooling or BitMainTech send a bunch (a few hundred) of the cooling kits via an efficient means like "less than a container"-- which would likely cost a tenth of what Syscooling is charging on a per unit basis.   Then have someone stateside act as their agent to sell/ship from the US.  They could do this on consignment or could wholesale to someone in the US who could make a few bucks retailing the system.

Hmmm....actually it sounds like we are on the same page.  Assuming they have a typical 35 - 40% margin and can get them to me at $20 per unit shipping cost (as opposed to $118), we should both be able to make out quite well. As far as I know BitMainTech is not shipping the 4-miner cooling kit with their miners, so I don't understand your comment regarding having to ship "via air anyway".

No we're not on the same page. C1s are now shipped with the C1 cooling kit, direct from Bitmain, at the same time as the C1. The additional shipping for the cooling kit is comparative to the cost of sea shipping but with out the 500 MOQ, $70000 or 6 week delivery time.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 94 »
  Print  

Jump to: