Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 05:45:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto ICO's are killing Bitcoin.  (Read 6319 times)
Winto

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2018, 03:42:27 PM

Nothing from the crypto world can kill Bitcoin, at least not at this stage. BTC is currently considered more of a store of value or investment, rather than currency and therefore rules the market and altcoins follow.

However, ICOs are another story - a totally different type of investment opportunity. High Risk for High ROI, you can't really loose all your money if you buy Bitcoin, can you? But you won't generate 30-40x returns either in 12-18 months.

Whoever says ICOs are dead is completely wrong. ICOs are here to stay and will become the best vehicle for both investors and developers. Of course, the lack of regulators and the fact that people are driven by GREED and FOMO, putting their money into something without doing any research allowed Scammers to make fortune and harmed the market. The current ICO model is not sustainable and major changes are required from both participants on the ICO market:

1. Developers should focus on bringing value to the world, creating ecosystems and tokens that have real use case.

2. Investors must do a proper research, be aware of the risk and have patience as genuine projects won't deliver in 3-4 months.

If projects like W12 succeed they will be protecting investors to a certain extend. What they do is holding the invested funds and release those on portions when the ICO team meets certain milestones. However, in my opinion each team launching Initial Coin Offering should be transparent and accountable for the market to mature.

I would highly appreciate anybody interested in ICOs to check out our project and give us an objective feedback. You can find the ANN thread here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5048511.msg46766590#msg46766590

Thank you in advance

Winto.io | Private Sale at $0.01
Global Charity Related Project
Transparent & Accountable Team

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CrazeCoinz

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 04:01:38 PM

I never understood why cryptotraders and exchanges support ICO's, my reasoning is this: An ICO gets funded, then they do what, they SELL the BTC they raised for fiat and push the price dive on BTC, thus taking all those BTC out of the trade environment, anyone thinking that an ICO would reinvest into the exchange is naive. This hurts everyone, even the exchanges. You might say "Well the exchanges get fee's on ico" well that is true, but they are losing all future potential fee's on those coins, if they had continued trade on the market.

So in Short - ICO's are killing Bitcoin and CryptoMarkets.

ICOs had helps bitcoin to spread cryptocurrency to the whole world as more and more money will flow to the crypto market. The more money in the crypto market will be advantage on bitcoin. People will buy and sell bitcoin due to the pairing at exchanges as they can't convert directly into fiat from their token.
ophyrim

Activity: 994
Merit: 391

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 04:06:51 PM

There are altcoin inflation thats true. Nearly every day the altcoin technology is progressing. Every new coin is faster and also cheaper than the previous ones. This is the kryptonite of this ecosystem.
solkinsolali

Activity: 154
Merit: 17

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 04:11:00 PM

I never understood why cryptotraders and exchanges support ICO's, my reasoning is this: An ICO gets funded, then they do what, they SELL the BTC they raised for fiat and push the price dive on BTC, thus taking all those BTC out of the trade environment, anyone thinking that an ICO would reinvest into the exchange is naive. This hurts everyone, even the exchanges. You might say "Well the exchanges get fee's on ico" well that is true, but they are losing all future potential fee's on those coins, if they had continued trade on the market.

So in Short - ICO's are killing Bitcoin and CryptoMarkets.

I don't agree with this post. The ICOs are not killing Bitcoin or the general crypto market as long as they are the legit projects. The cryptocurrency market was never created for Bitcoin to be the only currency trading in it.
rindayle

Activity: 140

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 05:50:24 PM

I believe that the crypto ICO does not kill bitcoin directly, but it is reflected in the crypto-currency market in General. Their appearance gives you to buy tokens at a low price and therefore invested less. For example buy 1 bitcoin about$ 6000, and what some coin a thousand times cheaper. But this does not directly affect bitcoin.
Emilyp

Activity: 546

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 07:15:09 PM

ICOs are the bane of cryptocurrency, just as you said the more coins are being introduced in exchanges the more it's impacting cryptocurrencies in general. The already existing funds is what is being traded and it will negatively affect the price of coins since the total market cap is being shared by more coins except the market capitalisation increases by a significant amount.
budiarmed
Copper Member

Activity: 381

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 07:17:29 PM

The Ico project does not kill bitcoin, because bitcoin remains the highest in the crypto market. Bitcoin will still be popular because of the original coins in crypto.

───[ PointGenieCoin ]───
─────────────[  ⭐ ⭐ Make money with your Social Media Content ⭐ ⭐  ]─────────────
─────────────[  TWITTER    |    INSTAGRAM    |    TELEGRAM  ]─────────────
bigbosma

Activity: 378

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 07:33:41 PM

They will not be able to kill bitcoin or significantly affect it. But the fact is that now there are a lot of fraudulent projects that undermine people's trust in the cryptocurrency. That's the problem.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
MajkD000ooo

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 07:52:51 PM

They will not be able to kill bitcoin or significantly affect it. But the fact is that now there are a lot of fraudulent projects that undermine people's trust in the cryptocurrency. That's the problem.
You're right. A lot of projects that throw their audience. This is a huge problem for the cryptocurrency to gain its place in the world. I think if we accept the major cryptocurrencies, everything else will disappear, they will not prices.
WebTera

Activity: 322

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 08:02:42 PM

Now a very large number of different projects are being created. But among them there are very few worthy and promising coins. Therefore, I do not think that bitcoin is seriously threatened.

bitvelk

Activity: 406

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 08:16:24 PM

All of these ICO's cannot significantly affect bitcoin or other large coins, such as Ethereum. Especially since not so many people trust such projects. I for example, prefer in them not to participate, too many scams.

kokliko

Activity: 122

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 08:46:19 PM

For me, ICO campaigns can not kill Bitcoin. The amount of Bitcoin is not enough. Therefore, ICOS is made available for use or has practical applications and they do not have any effect on Bitcoin.
Bloodseekers

Activity: 769
Merit: 107

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 09:16:55 PM

That's so wrong ICO not killing bitcoin, from your statetment i think you dont know about ICO. Even so many ICO with great technology and will give benefits in the future, but still cant defeat bticoin.

All of these ICO's cannot significantly affect bitcoin or other large coins, such as Ethereum. Especially since not so many people trust such projects. I for example, prefer in them not to participate, too many scams.
That's right, not many people trust ICO coin. if we compare with bitcoin community and ICO, maybe only less than 5% from bitcoin community trust ICO
zeingrind777

Activity: 994
Merit: 138

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 09:24:52 PM

The ICO's that continues to appear every day does look like wants to kill Bitcoin, but actually not...I think that the more the existence of Bitcoin is becoming more familiar to the general public because of the appearance of ICO's every day
akashark

Activity: 387
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 09:54:38 PM

Sorry to disagree with you! Because I think ICOs are not harmful to the bitcoin, rather various ICOs are only spreading with the world the crypto market existence. Without Ethereum, NEO, ADA And all others ICOs coin, Bitcoin can't be popular like now! In 2014, the situation was different, but Now ICO projects are needed.

cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 01:04:21 AM

Icos are destroying investor confindence in the entire crypto arena including bitcoin

for most people crypto currency is bitcoin or the 99% ethereum token shit called ico

wow 2014 ........ that went fast

Elerntta

Activity: 490

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 05:19:48 PM

I think you are greatly downplaying the uniqueness of the bitcoin currency. Yes, now a lot of different coins, ICO and so on. But nothing is better than bitcoin so far. Therefore, it can continue to be considered the most important unsurpassed cryptocurrency.

rtm125

Activity: 434

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 05:54:51 PM

I do not see any threat to bitcoin in any of the currently existing ICO. The project is very much and every day they are created more and more. But what makes you think that some of them can be better than bitcoin? I don't believe that.

Huntler1993

Activity: 462
Merit: 13

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 06:16:06 PM

Well i will side with you to some extent but not on your scenario, the only i think is Crypto ICO's are killing bitcoin since most of these project turn to dupe others sending bad signals out there that deter others from investing in BTC and Crypto at large.
Febriana98

Activity: 224

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 06:38:08 PM

I also feel that with the presence of ICOs that appear every day will kill Bitcoin in the future, there is nothing wrong because in business it is natural. I think how long it will take until the position of Bitcoin as a capitalist cryptocurrency market is replaced by one of the cryptocurrencies...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: