Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 11:08:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 470 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] FACTOM - Introducing Honesty to Record-Keeping  (Read 2115845 times)
chesthing
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 08:56:09 PM
Last edit: August 25, 2015, 07:37:20 PM by chesthing

Hopefully Factom will avoid the gutter-trash scam exchanges C-cex and Yobit. Since it will take a bit of work and more than 75 iq points to make these tokens tradable I doubt that will be an issue.
helloge
Legendary

Activity: 1057

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 02:35:34 PM

Dev, does any exchange will start the FACTOM trade when we release?

Yes there will be, we are in talks with a few but we should be able to have ShapeShift and Cryptsy to start with.

Cryptsy ?!  oh dear..  Why not poloniex ?

Bittrex, Cryptsy, Poloniex, and ShapeShit.io should be the 4 to start with.

I prefer to Bittrex and Poloniex, bter is okay too.

Bter is done, there's no volume, their support is horrible, and they still have transactions problems.
I vote for Bittrex and Poloniex.

▄▄███▄▄             
            ███████████           
     ▄▄███▄▄  ▀▀███▀▀  ▄▄███▄▄   
   ████████████▄▄    ███████████ 
     ▀▀████████████▄▄  ▀▀███▀▀   
         ▀▀████████████           
     ▄▄███▄▄  ▀▀███▀▀  ▄▄███▄▄   
   ███████████▄▄     ███████████ 
     ▀▀████████████▄▄  ▀▀███▀▀   
         ▀▀█████████████▄▄       
     ▄▄███▄▄ ▀▀█████████████▄▄   
   ████████████▄▄ ▀▀████████████ 
     ▀▀████████████▄▄ ▀▀█████▀▀   
         ▀▀████████████           
             ▀▀█████▀▀           

.CARDSTACK..............
...The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet.....
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..Bringing scalability and usability to....
..dApps for mass market adoption......
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..TOKEN EVENT      .GET ON WHITELIST.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---Twitter   ⦁   Telegram   ⦁   Blog   ⦁   Bitcointalk----
compmaster

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 06:27:06 PM

What does this coin do that makes it so high and great compared to other altcoins? All I hear is Factom this and that. It's going to be the best. Couldn't any random altcoin do what Factom is doing?

"federated/centralized servers" could just be PoS mining.
"side chain" is just a blockchain that can work along side bitcoin = 99% of altcoins.
"hashed data" is just hashed data.

I must be missing something. What is it that I'm missing?
NextGenCrypto

Activity: 462

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2015, 06:44:47 PM

What does this coin do that makes it so high and great compared to other altcoins? All I hear is Factom this and that. It's going to be the best. Couldn't any random altcoin do what Factom is doing?

"side chain" is just a blockchain that can work along side bitcoin = 99% of altcoins.

No, you're not missing anything.  BitSwift is already doing the majority of what these guys claim to be doing.

It's going to be another ether that may pump initially because people won't be able to figure out how to move their coins (yeah, it's tough to build a GUI wallet on such a tight budget  Roll Eyes ) but as soon as people figure out it'll dump to shit and nobody will ever care again.

Calling it now, will be back in a year to pat myself on the back.

chesthing
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 01:35:28 AM

No, you're not missing anything.  BitSwift is already doing the majority of what these guys claim to be doing.

It's going to be another ether that may pump initially because people won't be able to figure out how to move their coins (yeah, it's tough to build a GUI wallet on such a tight budget  Roll Eyes ) but as soon as people figure out it'll dump to shit and nobody will ever care again.

Let me guess, this is one of Bob's sockpuppets.
How many WSJ articles have been written about Bitswift? (lmfao)
This is a real project, I know that's threatening to shitcoin whales.
NextGenCrypto

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2015, 01:46:19 AM

No, you're not missing anything.  BitSwift is already doing the majority of what these guys claim to be doing.

It's going to be another ether that may pump initially because people won't be able to figure out how to move their coins (yeah, it's tough to build a GUI wallet on such a tight budget  Roll Eyes ) but as soon as people figure out it'll dump to shit and nobody will ever care again.

Don't hate because you aren't making profit around here like others are.

We'll see just how "real" this project ends up being.  I'd bet on it never reaching any sort of widespread adoption.  

And try doing a little research before you make stupid comments.

BitcoinSanDiego

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 05:41:11 AM

We are thrilled to announce our Release Candidate 2.

Read more about it on our blog:
http://blog.factom.org/post/127157572974/technical-update-release-candidate-2

How's RC2 testing coming along?
FACTOM (OP)

Activity: 251

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2015, 11:34:58 AM

Testing is ongoing and progressing well. If anyone would like to join the testing our community is welcome.
Info on how to participate on our blog: http://blog.factom.org.

A big thank you to everyone who has been helping so far.  Smiley
coinking
Legendary

Activity: 927

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 02:00:39 PM

4 months passed since the crowdsale. Now all of a sudden 3 people make FUD when its coming close to release of the beta?
I don't think anyone who bought the crowdsale even cares about any FUD you say.
Personally I am happy that I invested in the crowdsale and I am excited for the release of the beta soon.

Good point, and frankly I don't care there are other projects focused around the same goals. There's competition in every sector, and crypto is certainly no exception. The seed funding will help get this project the recognition it deserves. Believe in it or not but the Factom team seems to be approaching this in typical business fashion. Couldn't really care less about the price because I won't be looking to sell once it's live - I'm more interested in actually using this in the very near future.

NextGen, I think you stumbled into the wrong thread, SNRG is on page 50 of the altcoin section Tongue

.TeleX  AI.
▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████████▄
▄████████████████▄
████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████
▀████████████████▀
▀████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀
Store
▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████████▄
▄████████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀█████
████████████░░░░░█████
███████▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀██████
███████░░░░░██▄▄▄▄▄███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄██░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░██████▀███████
████████████▀░░░░░░░▀█████
███████████░░░░░░░░░▄█████
████████▀████████▄██████
█████▀░░░░░░░▀████████
████▄░░░░░░░░░██████
▀████▄███████████▀
▀████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀
Send/Receive
▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████████▄
▄████░███████████▄
██████░███░█████████
███████░███░██████████
███████░░░██░███████░███
████████░░░█░░░██░███░████
█████░██░░░██░██░░░█░░░███
█████░██░░░██░███░██░░░███
███░░░██░███████░███░███
██░░░██░███████░██████
█░░░████████████████
░░░██████████████▀
▀████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀
Trade
BitcoinSanDiego

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 03:22:31 PM

Testing is ongoing and progressing well. If anyone would like to join the testing our community is welcome.
Info on how to participate on our blog: http://blog.factom.org.

A big thank you to everyone who has been helping so far.  Smiley

Awesome.  I am looking forward to hearing more information on the partners to be announced at the Launch Party.

I like the clever title for this event "The Beginning of Time"

For those of you in Austin, TX, I hope you check it out: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/the-beginning-of-time-factom-genesis-party-tickets-18231184965
NextGenCrypto

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2015, 04:00:40 PM

4 months passed since the crowdsale. Now all of a sudden 3 people make FUD when its coming close to release of the beta?
Personally I am happy that I invested in the crowdsale and I am excited for the release of the beta soon.

Good point, and frankly I don't care there are other projects focused around the same goals. There's competition in every sector, and crypto is certainly no exception. The seed funding will help get this project the recognition it deserves. Believe in it or not but the Factom team seems to be approaching this in typical business fashion. Couldn't really care less about the price because I won't be looking to sell once it's live - I'm more interested in actually using this in the very near future.

NextGen, I think you stumbled into the wrong thread, SNRG is on page 50 of the altcoin section Tongue

Still 50 pages in front of MJC and OPAL...

coinking
Legendary

Activity: 927

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 04:25:39 PM

Still 50 pages in front of MJC and OPAL...

we all have our own coins we support for different reasons - I'm just poking fun bro, in good fun. See you on the inside Cool

.TeleX  AI.
▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████████▄
▄████████████████▄
████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████
▀████████████████▀
▀████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀
Store
▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████████▄
▄████████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀█████
████████████░░░░░█████
███████▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀██████
███████░░░░░██▄▄▄▄▄███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄██░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░██████▀███████
████████████▀░░░░░░░▀█████
███████████░░░░░░░░░▄█████
████████▀████████▄██████
█████▀░░░░░░░▀████████
████▄░░░░░░░░░██████
▀████▄███████████▀
▀████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀
Send/Receive
▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████████▄
▄████░███████████▄
██████░███░█████████
███████░███░██████████
███████░░░██░███████░███
█████░██░░░██░██░░░█░░░███
███░░░██░███████░███░███
██░░░██░███████░██████
█░░░████████████████
░░░██████████████▀
▀████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀
Trade
compmaster

Activity: 476

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 12:43:47 AM

This coin is too centralized for me. I don't see it becoming a success because of the centralized mining structure.
Fargo

Activity: 283

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2015, 12:46:07 AM

Your recent blog post: http://blog.factom.org/post/127714631994/factomize-unbreakable

Titled "Factomize = Unbreakable" uses a stock images also used by the Ashleymadison homepage. Which as we all now, recently fell victim to a massive data breach. Having a image associated with a product that was in fact "breakable" is a bad PR decision.  

Unless you meant it in a sense of some sort of ironic humor, then bravo.

WEBSITE  |  WHITEPAPER  |  TWITTER
   GITHUB  |  REDDIT 

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●    ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
chesthing
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 01:15:04 AM

We'll see just how "real" this project ends up being.  I'd bet on it never reaching any sort of widespread adoption.  

Well, I am done buying shitcoins, which leave 10 people profit at the expense of 100 losers.
Here's an idea, fuck off to the next shitcoin that fewer and fewer people are gambling on. At some point, you will start losing, Bob.
tobeaj2mer01
Legendary

Activity: 1098

Angel investor.

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 05:47:18 AM

Well, I am done buying shitcoins, which leave 10 people profit at the expense of 100 losers.
Here's an idea, fuck off to the next shitcoin that fewer and fewer people are gambling on. At some point, you will start losing, Bob.

Are you kidding me? SWIFT is totally different with this project.

Sirx: SQyHJdSRPk5WyvQ5rJpwDUHrLVSvK2ffFa
BitcoinSanDiego

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 06:26:19 AM

Your recent blog post: http://blog.factom.org/post/127714631994/factomize-unbreakable

Titled "Factomize = Unbreakable" uses a stock images also used by the Ashleymadison homepage. Which as we all now, recently fell victim to a massive data breach. Having a image associated with a product that was in fact "breakable" is a bad PR decision.  

I think the blog post does in fact show the irony of the Ashley Madison data breach using the stock image of the girl keeping a secret "ssshhhh". 

To the naysayers who think Factom is just putting hashes into the Bitcoin blockchain.  Hashing data entries into the blockchain is not revolutionary in and of itself, because anyone can do that.  What most people don't understand is that many current business models will be destroyed by the decentralization model of Bitcoin.  Factom is creating a development environment that allows for people to build applications on top of Bitcoin that can scale from small to extremely large databases and utilize a public ledger (Bitcoin) for exchanging value in order to secure information and data.  The possibilities are endless.

Ethereum is creating a platform for developing decentralized software applications, which is very very cool however it is extremely complicated and will likely take many many years of development for practical applications to be developed.  I am excited for projects such as Factom and Ethereum because they offer people an opportunity to cut out the middle men of this world and develop decentralized applications that can benefit all in society.

When society incorporates the concepts of Bitcoin, Factom, Ethereum, etc. into government and business, the result is transparency and accountability.  Something we desperately need as a society.

Fargo

Activity: 283

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2015, 02:26:28 PM

I think the blog post does in fact show the irony of the Ashley Madison data breach using the stock image of the girl keeping a secret "ssshhhh". 

To the naysayers who think Factom is just putting hashes into the Bitcoin blockchain.  Hashing data entries into the blockchain is not revolutionary in and of itself, because anyone can do that.  What most people don't understand is that many current business models will be destroyed by the decentralization model of Bitcoin.  Factom is creating a development environment that allows for people to build applications on top of Bitcoin that can scale from small to extremely large databases and utilize a public ledger (Bitcoin) for exchanging value in order to secure information and data.  The possibilities are endless.

Ethereum is creating a platform for developing decentralized software applications, which is very very cool however it is extremely complicated and will likely take many many years of development for practical applications to be developed.  I am excited for projects such as Factom and Ethereum because they offer people an opportunity to cut out the middle men of this world and develop decentralized applications that can benefit all in society.

When society incorporates the concepts of Bitcoin, Factom, Ethereum, etc. into government and business, the result is transparency and accountability.  Something we desperately need as a society.

Great point.

WEBSITE  |  WHITEPAPER  |  TWITTER
   GITHUB  |  REDDIT 

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●    ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
FACTOM (OP)

Activity: 251

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2015, 03:09:18 PM

We are thrilled to announce the Factom Live Genesis will be rolled out this week.
This will be a step by step launch where the Factom client and related software is released over the course of the coming weeks.
The 1st federated server will go live with the Genesis block, then Factom beta testers / early adopters can begin downloading the
Factom Genesis client to their computers, then the broader community can begin checking their Factoid balances on the Factom
Explorer website and users can begin making entries into the Factom Network.

Some more news
The Plug and Play Accelerator, Factom and BitPesa have partnered with nonprofits, the BitGive Foundation and The Water Project.
As a pilot project, they are using Factom tech and the blockchain to create radical transparency in how donor funds are being used
in Africa to provide safe water. By tracking donations through the blockchain and Factom, they aim to introduce a new level of
transparency that will bring real-time assurances that money donated to accomplish a particular mission are doing just that.

http://blog.factom.org/post/128108137839/technical-update-factom-genesis

And in the news:

bitcoinist.net - September 1, 2015
BitGive Addresses Non-Profit Accountability With Bitcoin Technology

CoinDesk - September 1, 2015
Factom Celebrates Genesis with BitGive, BitPesa, Plug and Play Tech Center and the Water Project
lajz99

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 05:37:00 PM

We are thrilled to announce the Factom Live Genesis will be rolled out this week.
This will be a step by step launch where the Factom client and related software is released over the course of the coming weeks.
The 1st federated server will go live with the Genesis block, then Factom beta testers / early adopters can begin downloading the
Factom Genesis client to their computers, then the broader community can begin checking their Factoid balances on the Factom
Explorer website and users can begin making entries into the Factom Network.

Some more news
The Plug and Play Accelerator, Factom and BitPesa have partnered with nonprofits, the BitGive Foundation and The Water Project.
As a pilot project, they are using Factom tech and the blockchain to create radical transparency in how donor funds are being used
in Africa to provide safe water. By tracking donations through the blockchain and Factom, they aim to introduce a new level of
transparency that will bring real-time assurances that money donated to accomplish a particular mission are doing just that.

http://blog.factom.org/post/128108137839/technical-update-factom-genesis

And in the news:

bitcoinist.net - September 1, 2015
BitGive Addresses Non-Profit Accountability With Bitcoin Technology

CoinDesk - September 1, 2015
Factom Celebrates Genesis with BitGive, BitPesa, Plug and Play Tech Center and the Water Project

Wow, this is awesome.  Excited to be able to join in the party this week.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 470 »
  Print  

Jump to: