Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 05:26:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 268 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BitBay |Decentralized Marketplace|Smart Contracts|IoT Tech|Markets Open  (Read 339392 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
BitBay Team (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 11:56:31 PM

What about this?

Transfer complete control of the entire ICO to David, and have smart contracts written for the funding of the various projects and development needed.

I know we are building a trustless, decentralized system, but in this case; and to begin with, there is still a massive amount of human trust needed to launch this project efficiently.  In cryptos, trust is built by successful and field tested developers, which David is.

I believe with the smart contracts in place and the control, being given to the designer of the project; public transparency and trust could be adequately achieved with little to no question on the merit of the project, with superior program efficient control of all funds.

At this point, I can see a troll storm comin... and newbie dev team with a fistful of public money, well, it'll feed the hurricane.

As shallow as it seems, I would not give 5$ to a newbie dev ico.

For Zimbeck, I would consider an adequate investment as he is an extremely respected and long standing member of the crypto community.  He is also is beyond greed and truly has a passion for the completion and implementations of the core of cryptocurrency philosophy.

This could be something huge, but right now it is unfortunately appearing not much more then rest, fancy looking marketing and maybes, without any backbone but the lead dev, who's credibility is completely alone and on the line.

The 'wait and see' investors, will be much smaller then the 'I believe in this investors'.

I want to believe. (-;

I believe in Zimbeck but Bitbay Team, A little more please.  Wink

We understand your concern. We have a team of VERY talented people. Mr Zimbeck heads up our development side and as such he will have his own account with funds set aside for the purpose of bitbay coin development. We have a marketing side which will have some funds set aside for them as well. The majority of the funds will be held in our new wallet with multi-sig. David will have one of those keys and a voice as to how funds are spent.

It's your prerogative to invest or not. We are not forcing anyone to invest. If you chose to do so that you that on your own volition.

Awesome thanks for the reply.  Again although vague.  Majority is not good enough, as whoever you are has no risk here. The only risk is the public's and Davids.
I am not speaking on his behalf here in anyway, just know that he is an integral part of cryptos in general, and do not want to see him shoved through the mud, by the assault of trolls that will come if the ICO is completed at anything less then perfection.  Which is the program you are selling in your ICO; trustless perfection.  To use it to mitigate these risks would seem logical.

Of course it is everyone's perogative to invest or not. That is not the issue.  The issue would of course be, the actual implementation of this project into your own marketing strategy, and 'business' structure involving control of the public funds.

If its smart contracts you're selling, (of course among other things) the entire project should be run with them to stand by your project and the developer creating the core of it.  I would believe involving smart contracts, public transparency on all aspects of every contract, would be quite easily produced for public review.  After all it is their/our money.  

Again, as much as i would love to believe your 17th post 'We are a team of VERY talented people', 'well most of the money will have a multisig'; im sorry but it presently has no merit.

There is no plan for this in your brilliant marketing.  (I assume this is what you mean by talented, it is quite good)

Cryptos cannot afford another failed ipo, especially in the dire need to see a project like this succeed.
This is why i am speaking and asking.

Again thank you for your reply.  Just figure you can do better then.. 'well, don't invest if you don't wanna. the lead dev has a say in most of it..'
 His ass. Should be his show.

The entire project should be laid out in smart contracts based on this premise.

edit: 14th post

Once again, we understand your concern. You need to understand that when you buy into an ICO, ITO or what have you, that you're buying the coin/token. The coin/token is what you get in return. As a bonus there's a dev team behind the coin working tirelessly to bring that coin to market and have it prevail as a top 10 coin. It's not our business or any other dev team for that matter to explain where every dollar of funds raised goes to. We have our own interior accounting set up, multi-sig and smart contracts will be a part of that. But you need to understand that our main goal and focus is to make our investors money and build one of the greatest cryptocoins to ever exist. It's not to be on the forum all day accounting for every expenditure we have.

Once again. It's your prerogative to invest or not. We have explained about who we are with more information to come and what our goals are. If you're interested in investing then we welcome you to do so. If not, that's ok too. We have already lined up a large portion of the financing we will need and that will be reflected by the sells on BTER in the coming days.

We hope to see you around as well in the coming days as we think your first impression may change shortly.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FollowMe

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 12:06:30 AM

What about this?

Transfer complete control of the entire ICO to David, and have smart contracts written for the funding of the various projects and development needed.

I know we are building a trustless, decentralized system, but in this case; and to begin with, there is still a massive amount of human trust needed to launch this project efficiently.  In cryptos, trust is built by successful and field tested developers, which David is.

I believe with the smart contracts in place and the control, being given to the designer of the project; public transparency and trust could be adequately achieved with little to no question on the merit of the project, with superior program efficient control of all funds.

At this point, I can see a troll storm comin... and newbie dev team with a fistful of public money, well, it'll feed the hurricane.

For Zimbeck, I would consider an adequate investment as he is an extremely respected and long standing member of the crypto community.  He is also is beyond greed and truly has a passion for the completion and implementations of the core of cryptocurrency philosophy.

This could be something huge, but right now it is unfortunately appearing not much more then rest, fancy looking marketing and maybes, without any backbone but the lead dev, who's credibility is completely alone and on the line.

The 'wait and see' investors, will be much smaller then the 'I believe in this investors'.

I want to believe. (-;

I believe in Zimbeck but Bitbay Team, A little more please.  Wink

We understand your concern. We have a team of VERY talented people. Mr Zimbeck heads up our development side and as such he will have his own account with funds set aside for the purpose of bitbay coin development. We have a marketing side which will have some funds set aside for them as well. The majority of the funds will be held in our new wallet with multi-sig. David will have one of those keys and a voice as to how funds are spent.

It's your prerogative to invest or not. We are not forcing anyone to invest. If you chose to do so that you that on your own volition.

Awesome thanks for the reply.  Again although vague.  Majority is not good enough, as whoever you are has no risk here. The only risk is the public's and Davids.
I am not speaking on his behalf here in anyway, just know that he is an integral part of cryptos in general, and do not want to see him shoved through the mud, by the assault of trolls that will come if the ICO is completed at anything less then perfection.  Which is the program you are selling in your ICO; trustless perfection.  To use it to mitigate these risks would seem logical.

Of course it is everyone's perogative to invest or not. That is not the issue.  The issue would of course be, the actual implementation of this project into your own marketing strategy, and 'business' structure involving control of the public funds.

If its smart contracts you're selling, (of course among other things) the entire project should be run with them to stand by your project and the developer creating the core of it.  I would believe involving smart contracts, public transparency on all aspects of every contract, would be quite easily produced for public review.  After all it is their/our money. 

Again, as much as i would love to believe your 17th post 'We are a team of VERY talented people', 'well most of the money will have a multisig'; im sorry but it presently has no merit.

There is no plan for this in your brilliant marketing.  (I assume this is what you mean by talented, it is quite good)

Cryptos cannot afford another failed ipo, especially in the dire need to see a project like this succeed.

Again thank you for your reply.  Just figure you can do better then.. 'well, don't invest if you don't wanna. the lead dev has a say in most of it..'

Yeah man, chill. When you invest in facebook does Mark send you an email stating where he plans on spending your invested funds?
arteleis

Activity: 630
Merit: 505

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 12:16:02 AM

What about this?

I know we are building a trustless, decentralized system, but in this case; and to begin with, there is still a massive amount of human trust needed to launch this project efficiently.  In cryptos, trust is built by successful and field tested developers, which David is.

For Zimbeck, I would consider an adequate investment as he is an extremely respected and long standing member of the crypto community.  He is also is beyond greed and truly has a passion for the completion and implementations of the core of cryptocurrency philosophy.

I want to believe. (-;

Awesome thanks for the reply.  Again although vague.  Majority is not good enough, as whoever you are has no risk here. The only risk is the public's and Davids.
I am not speaking on his behalf here in anyway, just know that he is an integral part of cryptos in general, and do not want to see him shoved through the mud, by the assault of trolls that will come if the ICO is completed at anything less then perfection.  Which is the program you are selling in your ICO; trustless perfection.  To use it to mitigate these risks would seem logical.

Of course it is everyone's perogative to invest or not. That is not the issue.  The issue would of course be, the actual implementation of this project into your own marketing strategy, and 'business' structure involving control of the public funds.

If its smart contracts you're selling, (of course among other things) the entire project should be run with them to stand by your project and the developer creating the core of it.  I would believe involving smart contracts, public transparency on all aspects of every contract, would be quite easily produced for public review.  After all it is their/our money.  

There is no plan for this in your brilliant marketing.  (I assume this is what you mean by talented, it is quite good)

Again thank you for your reply.  Just figure you can do better then.. 'well, don't invest if you don't wanna. the lead dev has a say in most of it..'

Once again, we understand your concern. You need to understand that when you buy into an ICO, ITO or what have you, that you're buying the coin/token. The coin/token is what you get in return. As a bonus there's a dev team behind the coin working tirelessly to bring that coin to market and have it prevail as a top 10 coin. It's not our business or any other dev team for that matter to explain where every dollar of funds raised goes to. We have our own interior accounting set up, multi-sig and smart contracts will be a part of that. But you need to understand that our main goal and focus is to make our investors money and build one of the greatest cryptocoins to ever exist. It's not to be on the forum all day accounting for every expenditure we have.

Once again. It's your prerogative to invest or not. We have explained about who we are with more information to come and what our goals are. If you're interested in investing then we welcome you to do so. If not, that's ok too. We have already lined up a large portion of the financing we will need and that will be reflected by the sells on BTER in the coming days.

We hope to see you around as well in the coming days as we think your first impression may change shortly.

Um no.. as opposed to forums,  I'm sure a google sheet, with expenditures available for every token holder would be sufficient.
  And yes, in a public funding scenario. Every dollar or cent should be accounted for.
  Hence the regulatory attacks and legions of upset ipo/ico investors..

'We have already lined up a large portion of the financing we will need and that will be reflected by the sells on BTER in the coming days."
  - What does this mean?  Sorry don't follow.

SILKCOIN - DARKSILK - SILKWEAVER - FREEDOM
arteleis

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 12:19:03 AM

What about this?

I know we are building a trustless, decentralized system, but in this case; and to begin with, there is still a massive amount of human trust needed to launch this project efficiently.  In cryptos, trust is built by successful and field tested developers, which David is.

For Zimbeck, I would consider an adequate investment as he is an extremely respected and long standing member of the crypto community.  He is also is beyond greed and truly has a passion for the completion and implementations of the core of cryptocurrency philosophy.

I want to believe. (-;

I believe in Zimbeck but Bitbay Team, A little more please.  Wink

Awesome thanks for the reply.  Again although vague.  Majority is not good enough, as whoever you are has no risk here. The only risk is the public's and Davids.
I am not speaking on his behalf here in anyway, just know that he is an integral part of cryptos in general, and do not want to see him shoved through the mud, by the assault of trolls that will come if the ICO is completed at anything less then perfection.  Which is the program you are selling in your ICO; trustless perfection.  To use it to mitigate these risks would seem logical.

Of course it is everyone's perogative to invest or not. That is not the issue.  The issue would of course be, the actual implementation of this project into your own marketing strategy, and 'business' structure involving control of the public funds.

If its smart contracts you're selling, (of course among other things) the entire project should be run with them to stand by your project and the developer creating the core of it.  I would believe involving smart contracts, public transparency on all aspects of every contract, would be quite easily produced for public review.  After all it is their/our money. 

There is no plan for this in your brilliant marketing.  (I assume this is what you mean by talented, it is quite good)

Again thank you for your reply.  Just figure you can do better then.. 'well, don't invest if you don't wanna. the lead dev has a say in most of it..'

Yeah man, chill. When you invest in facebook does Mark send you an email stating where he plans on spending your invested funds?

Holy shit.  I didn't realize facebook was decentralized... Or ever.. Had a public offering to uninformed investors without beyond accurate and particular financial details and statistics.. they allow that on the nyse now? or..

BitBay Team (OP)

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 12:24:24 AM

What about this?

I want to believe. (-;

Um no.. as opposed to forums,  I'm sure a google sheet, with expenditures available for every token holder would be sufficient.
  And yes, in a public funding scenario. Every dollar or cent should be accounted for.
  Hence the regulatory attacks and legions of upset ipo/ico investors..

'We have already lined up a large portion of the financing we will need and that will be reflected by the sells on BTER in the coming days."
  - What does this mean?  Sorry don't follow.

Like I said earlier. We will have an interior accounting set up. If we chose to release some of that information at a later point that's our choice. Our main focus is to make our investors a ROI and bring a revolutionary new coin to market.  As for "we have already lined up some investment", what we mean by that is we have spoken to investors who plan on investing in the bitbay project. We expect a sell out.

arteleis

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 12:28:08 AM

Only invest what you can afford to lose.

Here is some food for thought.

FriedCat is involved in this? Or you're saying its like a lottery ticket?

BitBay Team (OP)

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 12:35:49 AM

The AMA is now live

http://www.reddit.com/r/BitBay/

Please come and ask us questions about our project. Mr Zimbeck is waiting.
Don Flamenco

Activity: 42

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 12:48:14 AM

The AMA is now live

http://www.reddit.com/r/BitBay/

Please come and ask us questions about our project. Mr Zimbeck is waiting.

Nice!  There are some things I was unclear of, so I'll ask David.
anticlimax
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 01:17:04 AM

Why doesn't David Zimbeck implementing all these things into blackhalo?

He wants more btc than they are willing to pay..
I know the black halo dev was willing to sell the tech out from under bc coin for a while.. Cost was 30btc + a % of the coin it was to be implemented on.

twitter @antiiclimax
ownerbest

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 01:52:41 AM

David is in the team, but this does not mean your team is clean.
Can u tell the guy who claimed he is in alibaba and has plenty of resource in China?
I may know him, or, u don't dare!

QORA | 2ND GEN | NEW SOURCE CODE | QM8Q7itiFjs9b2QaXgDuedT8cfX5qaYeqC
Adderral

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 100+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 02:02:50 AM

Why doesn't David Zimbeck implementing all these things into blackhalo?

He wants more btc than they are willing to pay..
I know the black halo dev was willing to sell the tech out from under bc coin for a while.. Cost was 30btc + a % of the coin it was to be implemented on.

30btc isn't shit. I am sure depending on the tech it could be that but for good stuff or top projects it would be way much more. Also depending on how much a % of the other coin is it could be very costly in terms of value when the coin rises. Also pics or caps or it didnt happen. You say you know the dev did that but do you have proof? Do you have caps of it going down etc? Otherwise move along.

BitBay Team (OP)

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 03:12:57 AM

Our new website has just launched.

http://www.thebitbay.org/

What do you guys think?

Adderral

Activity: 154

★YoBit.Net★ 100+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 03:14:20 AM

What do you guys think?

That looks pretty nice. Very professional looking too.

BitBay Team (OP)

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 03:20:53 AM

David is in the team, but this does not mean your team is clean.
Can u tell the guy who claimed he is in alibaba and has plenty of resource in China?
I may know him, or, u don't dare!

Due to our non disclosure agreement we are not at liberty to disclose his name. If he wishes to come here and post that would be his choice.

We hope you understand.
Blame It On My ADD

Activity: 10

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 03:36:30 AM

Wow just found this. Looks awesome! I just missed the AMA but read what was posted. Great answers David. I'm buying this shit!
jibble

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 03:37:46 AM

"Ticker: BAY
ICO Starting Date: 11/11/14
ICO Conclusion Date: 11/14/14

Price structure rewards early ICO investors: 
BitBay will be priced at:
252-264 satoshi -Day 1
264-276 satoshi -Day 2
276-288 satoshi -Day 3
288-300 satoshi -Day 4
300 satoshi -Day 5"

Why is there something saying 4 days of IPO but price quotes for a 5th day of IPO?
BitBay Team (OP)

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 03:46:06 AM

"Ticker: BAY
ICO Starting Date: 11/11/14
ICO Conclusion Date: 11/14/14

Price structure rewards early ICO investors:  
BitBay will be priced at:
252-264 satoshi -Day 1
264-276 satoshi -Day 2
276-288 satoshi -Day 3
288-300 satoshi -Day 4
300 satoshi -Day 5"

Why is there something saying 4 days of IPO but price quotes for a 5th day of IPO?

That was a typo. We will change it immediately in the OP. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

fran2k

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2014, 04:01:54 AM

Consider supporting the OpenBazaar guys who are doing a great job for free.
BitBay Team (OP)

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 04:18:51 AM

Consider supporting the OpenBazaar guys who are doing a great job for free.

Here is a quote from our AMA earlier with Mr David Zimbeck.

"Hello David,
What would you say would be the advantages BitBay has over OpenBazaar also disadvantages if any?
Thank you

dzimbeck  ALL. OB is not decentralized fully and they dont have Halos advanced whitelisting trust system for nodes... as mentioned before double deposit escrow is the only way to do a smart contract.
You cannot trust arbiters, they can hold both keys and steal the money and they cant figure out who is lying (ever been scammed on Ebay?) now think of getting scammed on the Darknet with anonymous cash Ebay... yeah arbiters can collude with the buyer seller key."

And for this reason we are going with the marketplace that David has built from scratch.
GailSan

Activity: 140

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 04:55:09 AM

What do you guys think?

Double splendid sir!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 268 »
  Print  

Jump to: