Bitcoin Forum
July 03, 2024, 05:32:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: X11 X13 X15 with 50% more hashrate 7Mh/s on 280x or 10 Mh/s on 290x  (Read 54212 times)
reza_abay

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 06:51:31 AM

beer and donate is okay dude and i always support devs
but 45btcs HuhHuh? wtf
for kernels that may not work with newer drivers  or may not work on all systems?Huh
its insane price for kernels for algos that no one knows how long they will be profitable(small profits after asics)

45btc good price for this kernel dude Smiley
i wanna buy this kernel soon.
DigitalPackrat

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 09:03:27 AM

The price is insane. I have a decent size farm spread out on multiple locations but even 3 BTC is too high to be worth while. Try 3BTC amongst the 15 buyers and it would be a realistic price.

btctradingonline

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 10:01:08 AM

beer and donate is okay dude and i always support devs
but 45btcs HuhHuh? wtf
for kernels that may not work with newer drivers  or may not work on all systems?Huh
its insane price for kernels for algos that no one knows how long they will be profitable(small profits after asics)

45btc good price for this kernel dude Smiley
i wanna buy this kernel soon.

get it soon, and do some reviews.

..C..
........Finally C is .........
...........            ............
       ............            ............
...................      ....................

damm315er

Activity: 539
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 10:04:26 AM

Wow, spend a few hours at a keyboard, get a new Hyundai..

Seems worth it to me.   Grin
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2014, 10:08:01 AM
Last edit: November 14, 2014, 10:31:39 AM by djm34

few hours at a keyboard  Roll Eyes  
(I won't mention the fact that many around are working in IT, lots of huyndai are getting bought by people spending time at a keyboard)

this is with these sort of comment, that makes me wonder if open sourcing (and basically sharing code) is really a good idea at all...
looks to me the kind of person, I wouldn't feel bad to see running with a cpu on a gpu coin  Grin

edit: for info many made enough profit with gpu miner code to buy many lambo... (so if the coder can get at least a Hyundai...)
and considering the general trend with p&d scam in altcoin... this looks more like work than anything else happening in altcoin

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
damm315er

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 11:55:58 AM

few hours at a keyboard  Roll Eyes  
(I won't mention the fact that many around are working in IT, lots of huyndai are getting bought by people spending time at a keyboard)

this is with these sort of comment, that makes me wonder if open sourcing (and basically sharing code) is really a good idea at all...
looks to me the kind of person, I wouldn't feel bad to see running with a cpu on a gpu coin  Grin

edit: for info many made enough profit with gpu miner code to buy many lambo... (so if the coder can get at least a Hyundai...)
and considering the general trend with p&d scam in altcoin... this looks more like work than anything else happening in altcoin

You took that completely wrong. 

I work at a keyboard for 50 hours a week as a job.  If I could do side work, massage code, test, and sell, I'd be all over it!!
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2014, 03:10:09 PM

The problem is that this is a kernel pre-order. Hardware pre-orders are bad enough.

It's more like a group buy, since I have it RIGHT NOW.

Did you bork.. err.. forget to port solo mining on this one too ?

Prelude
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 04:27:23 PM

The problem is that this is a kernel pre-order. Hardware pre-orders are bad enough.

Yes, you and a select few have it right now. Mining away.

Meanwhile, if I want it I have to pay BTC3 and wait possibly up to 37 days to either get it or be refunded. So far no one has pledged which leads me to believe that I'll be waiting a long time if I do cough up the BTC.
damm315er

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 09:53:09 PM

Yes, you and a select few have it right now. Mining away.

Meanwhile, if I want it I have to pay BTC3 and wait possibly up to 37 days to either get it or be refunded. So far no one has pledged which leads me to believe that I'll be waiting a long time if I do cough up the BTC.

Such is the way that the free market works..  Supply and demand.

If you really wanted it, you could buy them all, or likely make a straight up private offer for like half the quantity and own it exclusively.
ebliever
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 01:18:23 AM

For this to be worth 3 BTC, someone would have to be mining 6 BTC (at current rates) in the future for it to pay off, before the higher kernel became widespread or other changes nullified the advantage.

Yesterday the best X11 pool, YAAMP, earned .00016 BTC/Mhash, and things have been declining steadily. Let's assume they flatline at this level though. To earn 1 BTC in a month at this rate you'd need to be running a rig farm of ~208 Mhash. At this level you'd ROI in 6 months.

But we all know how steeply the rates keep declining. I'd want to have at least a 400-500 Mhash mining operation to even consider this. Given the kernel won't be available for weeks, even that seems awfully optimistic. I think the odds the rest of the mining community remains at the same rate as today are low as well.

Luke 12:15-21

Ephesians 2:8-9
triplef (OP)

Activity: 338

https://eloncity.io/

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 02:05:40 AM

For this to be worth 3 BTC, someone would have to be mining 6 BTC (at current rates) in the future for it to pay off, before the higher kernel became widespread or other changes nullified the advantage.

Yesterday the best X11 pool, YAAMP, earned .00016 BTC/Mhash, and things have been declining steadily. Let's assume they flatline at this level though. To earn 1 BTC in a month at this rate you'd need to be running a rig farm of ~208 Mhash. At this level you'd ROI in 6 months.

But we all know how steeply the rates keep declining. I'd want to have at least a 400-500 Mhash mining operation to even consider this. Given the kernel won't be available for weeks, even that seems awfully optimistic. I think the odds the rest of the mining community remains at the same rate as today are low as well.

hmm 4 days str8 at NeoScrypt   3341   0.0234 GH/s   3.6192 BTC/GH/Day  351%   3.9730 BTC/GH/Da

thats 3.6 btc/gih a day...
not sure where you selling your  stuff.....

Also for all the rest

Well, this is too bad. The only people for whom this makes sense to spend 3 BTC are big mining farms. And odds are extremely high that once the 15 bidders get it, a "leak" will happen somewhere among the 15 so that within days the new software will be available to pretty much everyone. (For example, such big farms will have employees who mine on the side, and they will be strongly tempted to install it on their own machines, and then share with friends who see the results, and so on from there - I really only expect this to take a matter of days).

So in the end we all get it, and the mining farms will not recoup their 3 BTC in a short time before everyone has the same advantage. Plus there is the very real risk that other coders are making improvements as we speak, that will cut into or eliminate the advantage presented here. So what mining farm operator wants to take this kind of risk? Better to just wait til everyone has it...

well this "KERNEL" has been up and running fro more then 30 days and no LEAK its currently leased to 1 customer for over that amount

ebliever
Legendary

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 02:20:09 AM

Does this provide a 50% increase to neoscrypt as well? The thread title just says X11/13/15. I used the Poolpicker figure for best pool. Presumably there might be something better out there on any given day, but I doubt someone could consistently beat what turns out retrodictively to be the fastest pool on poolpicker.

triplef (OP)

Activity: 338

https://eloncity.io/

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 02:50:30 AM

not neoscrypt only X based algos...

bensam123

Activity: 423
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 06:59:39 AM

I can guarantee you, miners aren't making 'substantial' sums of money mining. You'd need A LOT of cards to make anything substantial now days (when algos are profitable), most people are still negative over their entire time mining (loans).

$1200 isn't possible for the majority of miners. The adjustment in difficulty people who can afford the kernel will make will be ridiculous (reads only really big miners can afford this).

50% increase in performance wont pay itself off anytime soon as well at 3 BTC, unless you have a LOT of GPUs and only on good days. This is going to effectively gate the community and turn it into another ASIC project, where only big spenders with a lot of money can turn a profit and make more money.
kotarius

Activity: 340

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 08:50:38 AM

hmm 4 days str8 at NeoScrypt   3341   0.0234 GH/s   3.6192 BTC/GH/Day  351%   3.9730 BTC/GH/Da

thats 3.6 btc/gih a day...
not sure where you selling your  stuff.....

Also for all the rest

Did I miss where you were magically selling a neoscrypt kernel? Did you even bother to check how much 1gh of neoscrypt actually is? That's about 3,800 280x GPUs!
jaitor

Activity: 227

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 12:21:13 PM

if those kernel cost 0.1btc you would get a great bunch of BTCs before it is leaked. That's a very poor comercial strategy that you made.
This is the kind of stuff community doesn't need.
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2014, 12:27:19 PM
Last edit: November 15, 2014, 01:11:10 PM by djm34

if those kernel cost 0.1btc you would get a great bunch of BTCs before it is leaked. That's a very poor comercial strategy that you made.
This is the kind of stuff community doesn't need.
yeah sure  Grin
Except that if someone pay 0.1btc (35$usd), he can leak it without losing too much, while with 3btc(>1000$usd) you would have to be really generous to leak it, and to be honest I haven't seen that kind of generosity on crypto  Grin
Giving away >1000$usd + losing your advantage, at the moment there isn't the kind of profitability which would allow someone to do that.

edit: the people who have shown that sort of generosity are probably gpu devs themselves by giving out stuff for which they never received any donation Grin

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
bensam123

Activity: 423

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 07:21:27 PM

Sure... And why does he care if it gets leaked? He should only care about selling it.

3BTC per sale isn't going to drive anything. If it was $35 I would probably shell out for it to get it a few weeks to a month before everyone else.

Honestly though I'd much rather have a more efficient kernel watt/hash then anything. Most people are oblivious to power usage and rely on old data... Most don't even own a meter... Most leave their miners on while mining super negative because 'it makes money', and thus is our problem of x11 costing 40% more in power then it makes.
ebliever
Legendary

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 08:22:38 PM

Sure... And why does he care if it gets leaked? He should only care about selling it.

3BTC per sale isn't going to drive anything. If it was $35 I would probably shell out for it to get it a few weeks to a month before everyone else.

Honestly though I'd much rather have a more efficient kernel watt/hash then anything. Most people are oblivious to power usage and rely on old data... Most don't even own a meter... Most leave their miners on while mining super negative because 'it makes money', and thus is our problem of x11 costing 40% more in power then it makes.

Yep. I did the math again yesterday. The drop in oil prices means propane is cheaper despite the little ice age in my area. I'll earn about $2.50 on Neoscrypt today, and power will cost about the same based on comments others have made about power draw on Neoscrypt. (I've burned out 2 Kill-a-Watt meters and won't splurge on another at this point). The value of the heat produced is about $1.00 at this point. Not really worth it considering depreciating prices on what I can get selling the GPU's. So yesterday I ordered a 4K monitor through Purse, and expect to be playing my first games on the rig soon...

Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2014, 10:13:02 PM

Did you bork.. err.. forget to port solo mining on this one too ?

Slix did that, not me. Now put it to rest.

Huh Are you saying that this new x11 kernal has solo mining disabled aswell ?

lol.. You have essentially hi-jacked coins with your rigged kernals.. and you want me to "put it to rest" ? This is on top of having your blacklisted site and nsfw .pngs imposed on us.

hmm.. I'm gonna need to have a smoke and think about that one. Roll Eyes

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: