Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:31:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... 104 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] $XQN Quotient Financial Network | PoW Scrypt, PoS Blake-256 | UPDATE NOW  (Read 194389 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
gysca

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2014, 08:53:02 PM

someone accumulating at 4k..

if buy this coin at any price now, let them staking for a month, you got ~134 % of your coin. So let say after a month,this coin value declined 50% of the purchase price, we still in profit. this is very low risk investment atm

I don't disagree with you gysca, but I would say that's how all High PoS crypto currencies work.
What's really special about this one, is that it is just in its infancy (so you get all the time in the world to maximize staking), and shows a lot of promise, particularly with the trading tools and media channel that the wallet will be boosting soon. I'd say it's the best time to pile up on as much as you can, and stake them ferociously!

Disclaimer: I just picked up a few more, thank you!  Wink

that's just my bad math  Wink and i agree with you, this is the best time to pile up as much as you can

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Rolandvoda

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 11:40:58 PM

Cedric,
We don't dislike development micro-news.
anticlimax
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 12:29:26 AM

Cedric,
We don't dislike development micro-news.

Double negatives are sexy.

Cedric is spending a little time with his family for the holidays.
I can try to answer any questions you have regarding upcoming development.

We have discussed implementing inflation control through tx fees, along with updating the wallet to allow for donations via staking.

I am currently in communication with a crypto radio station who are interested in doing a piece on XQN.

Lots of interesting things coming down the pipeline.
A few of which, I will refrain from mentioning for the time being.

twitter @antiiclimax
hikky22

Activity: 490

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 09:44:32 AM

Meanwhile, coin is falling into nothingness. No buy support whatsoever.
myagui
Legendary

Activity: 1154
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 01:13:10 PM

There was never any large buy support, and most (but not all) buys have eaten straight off the ask side. The value right now is higher than 2 weeks ago, with some ups and downs along the way, as is to be expected. Meanwhile, anyone that is staking, has generally increased their position in terms of absolute number of coins. What the hell are you even talking about?

What's important, is to see development moving ahead. I think that with the XAI crowd funding taking up some of Cedric's time as well, it's only natural that it will be a couple of days before we have an update, perhaps only after the crowd funding is closed. There's also something about people eating turkey and going on a shopping spree, but I suppose that's not for everyone  Grin

gysca

Activity: 392

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2014, 01:20:57 PM

There was never any large buy support, and most (but not all) buys have eaten straight off the ask side. The value right now is higher than 2 weeks ago, with some ups and downs along the way, as is to be expected. Meanwhile, anyone that is staking, has generally increased their position in terms of absolute number of coins. What the hell are you even talking about?

What's important, is to see development moving ahead. I think that with the XAI crowd funding taking up some of Cedric's time as well, it's only natural that it will be a couple of days before we have an update, perhaps only after the crowd funding is closed. There's also something about people eating turkey and going on a shopping spree, but I suppose that's not for everyone  Grin

big holder need to dump their staking, to cover daily cost, or to buy beer  Grin

CedricQuotient (OP)

Activity: 270

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 01:51:01 PM

I've actually been heads down focused on banging out a Quotient update/code drop and am aiming for a push EOD tomorrow or first thing Monday morning.  Also working on a few other things that go with it but you will see when that plays out.  I picked up a fantastic domain name to use partially for the QDEX feed as well as a few other features *cough* asset platform *cough*.  Tongue 

One of the things we are looking at is bumping the transaction fee, as a counterbalance to inflation, and perhaps having the tx fees "burned".  5 XQN is a number that was being thrown around.  We have some time to think about that and reach a decision.

I think once we get past this big BTC auction and there is more clarity in the market surrounding the Mt Gox coin handling, things will pick back up again, generally speaking.  Friday will be an interesting trading day, between the outcome of the auction on the 4th and futures settlement.  Between now and then I expect alt markets to remain pretty flat.
CedricQuotient (OP)

Activity: 270

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 02:13:14 PM

The architecture problem of the week that I am letting simmer on the back of my brain is a solution for peer-to-peer data stream processing.  That's a problem that we'll want to come up with a generalized solution for for both XQN and XAI, specifically for running algorithms across data sets of variable size...so we'll want a solution for loading a variable data stream onto the network, as well as running piecewise analytics across the stream possibly non-sequentially...but I have to think about it some more.  This is the same sort of thing that complex execution engines like Microsoft StreamInsight and Oracle CEP do commercially in a centralized server-based way.  We will probably want to have some standardized data sets for historical trade data etc. that everyone can run backtests against, and a way for loading or streaming user-defined data sets, maybe with an option for persistent vs. streamed storage/processing.  This is the longer term architectural challenge that will form a core building block, but we have some time to think about a design.
myagui
Legendary

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 09:07:07 PM

I've actually been heads down focused on banging out a Quotient update/code drop and am aiming for a push EOD tomorrow or first thing Monday morning.  Also working on a few other things that go with it but you will see when that plays out.  I picked up a fantastic domain name to use partially for the QDEX feed as well as a few other features *cough* asset platform *cough*.  Tongue 

One of the things we are looking at is bumping the transaction fee, as a counterbalance to inflation, and perhaps having the tx fees "burned".  5 XQN is a number that was being thrown around.  We have some time to think about that and reach a decision.

I think once we get past this big BTC auction and there is more clarity in the market surrounding the Mt Gox coin handling, things will pick back up again, generally speaking.  Friday will be an interesting trading day, between the outcome of the auction on the 4th and futures settlement.  Between now and then I expect alt markets to remain pretty flat.

Great sort-of-update Cedric!  Cheesy

While I understand the need to control inflation, I'd suggest tightening the max stake reward cap to be a better solution than high tx fees being burned.

A tighter cap on max stake reward, promotes more & smaller inputs, which contributes to higher network security, and eventually causes inflation to be limited by means of max generation (max stake reward x stake units per day). Someone not-terrible-at-math could check how inflation would work out with a theoretical max stake for the entire coin supply everyday using the current reward cap, and comparatively, with a tighter reward cap (say 50% of the current maximum for example).

I'm also favorable to higher tx fees, but only as long as these are not discouraging to small transactions. In my mind, a reasonable number would be something along 0.5 ~ 1 XQN or thereabouts. Note: In any case, I don't see that tx fees alone - even as high as 5 XQN - are an effective inflation control mechanism.

Anyways, this just my personal opinion. I figure it's all food for thought.
Looking forward to the next update!

anticlimax
Legendary

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 09:23:43 PM

I've actually been heads down focused on banging out a Quotient update/code drop and am aiming for a push EOD tomorrow or first thing Monday morning.  Also working on a few other things that go with it but you will see when that plays out.  I picked up a fantastic domain name to use partially for the QDEX feed as well as a few other features *cough* asset platform *cough*.  Tongue  

One of the things we are looking at is bumping the transaction fee, as a counterbalance to inflation, and perhaps having the tx fees "burned".  5 XQN is a number that was being thrown around.  We have some time to think about that and reach a decision.

I think once we get past this big BTC auction and there is more clarity in the market surrounding the Mt Gox coin handling, things will pick back up again, generally speaking.  Friday will be an interesting trading day, between the outcome of the auction on the 4th and futures settlement.  Between now and then I expect alt markets to remain pretty flat.

Great sort-of-update Cedric!  Cheesy

While I understand the need to control inflation, I'd suggest tightening the max stake reward cap to be a better solution than high tx fees being burned.

A tighter cap on max stake reward, promotes more & smaller inputs, which contributes to higher network security, and eventually causes inflation to be limited by means of max generation (max stake reward x stake units per day). Someone not-terrible-at-math could check how inflation would work out with a theoretical max stake for the entire coin supply everyday using the current reward cap, and comparatively, with a tighter reward cap (say 50% of the current maximum for example).

I'm also favorable to higher tx fees, but only as long as these are not discouraging to small transactions. In my mind, a reasonable number would be something along 0.5 ~ 1 XQN or thereabouts. Note: In any case, I don't see that tx fees alone - even as high as 5 XQN - are an effective inflation control mechanism.

Anyways, this just my personal opinion. I figure it's all food for thought.
Looking forward to the next update!

You do realize 1XQN has almost no effect on inflation which currently is close to 5% daily.

The reward cap doesn't really effect the network like you may think, due to a stacks continuously being broken down as they stake.

Stacks that were originally staking 500coins per block are now, a few days later, staking 35-50coins per block.

twitter @antiiclimax
myagui
Legendary

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 10:52:15 PM
Last edit: November 30, 2014, 02:01:21 AM by myagui

You do realize 1XQN has almost no effect on inflation which currently is close to 5% daily.

The reward cap doesn't really effect the network like you may think, due to a stacks continuously being broken down as they stake.

Stacks that were originally staking 500coins per block are now, a few days later, staking 35-50coins per block.

Yes anticlimax, I do realize that there's very little impact to inflation with 1 XQN tx fees. In fact, I suggested that even a 5 XQN tx fee alone is not a sufficient measure. What's worse, high transaction fees, will tax the users that are most providing liquidity, while the stake % continues to reward hoarding above all else.

The reward cap does impact the network as I explained, but only when the network has reached a point of stake saturation (which might be many months away as per the current parameters). The saturation happens when the emission has grown to such numbers, that holders effectively have to increase their block sizes in order to stake. Once the necessary stake weight is high enough, all blocks will have to be very large, causing all stakes to end up being capped, and thus inflation itself is capped.

Note: this discussion is not particularly meaningful without some numbers to look at. If there isn't a volunteer to produce a couple of simulations, I'll try to get something done next week... Heck ... I clearly had too much free time on my hands...

So here is a quick simulation.
The line in blue is for the current XQN parameters, while in green is a simulation with max stake capped at 161.8 XQN. Both graphs are assuming perfect stake generation, meaning, that every single coin is staking, and weight/size is balanced to have max reward without spilling over.
In real world conditions, the timescale will extend to a much greater length, in any case, what's represented is 180 days.

Max coins generated per day:

And how that impacts total emission:

Again, these are just simulations. In the real world, age is destroyed every time one combines/merges blocks, most blocks will not ever be hitting the max reward for the longest time, and coins moving around get their age reset. So the timescale is certainly off. However, the principles in question remain perfect valid.
I think that a tight max stake reward is the ideal way to control/limit inflation, and it does not rely or impose on a certain transactional velocity to achieve balance, it is an implicit brake on new coin generation once the current emission reaches a certain number.

If anyone cares, the maximum amount of XQN generated per day with the current stake cap is 875,088. We are obviously still very far from reaching an emission capable of generating that many coins per day. For this simulation, with stake capped at 161.8, the maximum amount of XQN generated per day would instead be 229,108.

A more aggressive stake cap could certainly be considered.
For example 61.8 (10 times less than current) would be an interesting case as well.

PS: I'm not trying to force any certain line of judgement here. Will be happy to take any and all constructive criticism!

anticlimax
Legendary

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 01:55:26 AM

Yes anticlimax, I do realize that there's very little impact to inflation with 1 XQN tx fees. In fact, I suggested that even a 5 XQN tx fee alone is not a sufficient measure. What's worse, high transaction fees, will tax the users that are most providing liquidity, while the stake % continues to reward hoarding above all else.

The reward cap does impact the network as I explained, but only when the network has reached a point of stake saturation (which might be many months away as per the current parameters). The saturation happens when the emission has grown to such numbers, that holders effectively have to increase their block sizes in order to stake. Once the necessary stake weight is high enough, all blocks will have to be very large, causing all stakes to end up being capped, and thus inflation itself is capped.

Note: this discussion is not particularly meaningful without some numbers to look at. If there isn't a volunteer to produce a couple of simulations, I'll try to get something done next week...

Valid points. Hope I didn't come off as rude earlier haha.

twitter @antiiclimax
myagui
Legendary

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 02:10:19 AM

Not at all, it's just a subject that I'm really enthusiastic about, so you pretty much just challenged me to do some math!   Wink
See my edit above & please ignore the simplistic descriptions.

@CedricQuotient,
When you have a moment, this is something that I'd love to hear your thoughts on!

Coinmin

Activity: 483

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 02:29:14 AM

Need a link to winx86 wallet.
anticlimax
Legendary

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 02:42:59 AM

Not at all, it's just a subject that I'm really enthusiastic about, so you pretty much just challenged me to do some math!   Wink

@CedricQuotient,
When you have a moment, this is something that I'd love to hear your thoughts on!

Those limits would essentially be the same as lowering the % it seems,
decreasing the % over time would be another option.
Both would relatively work the same.

Community feedback would be appreciated.

twitter @antiiclimax
thefix
Legendary

Activity: 1049

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 02:47:30 AM

This project can easily stand on its own, it has a purpose and a dedicated developer. I would like to see the stake drop to something more like 5% over a short amount of time. I also think having a max coin cap would greatly increase the long term value of this project going forward. Once we reach that cap stakes could be paid out from network fees, etc.

I really feel that a cap on the max coin supply and dropping interest will help things tremendously long term and reward @CedricQuotient for all his hard work!

My two cents for what its worth and hopefully we will get some more(better) ideas than mine.
thefix
Legendary

Activity: 1049

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 03:15:01 AM

@CedricQuotient,

Those limits would essentially be the same as lowering the % it seems,
decreasing the % over time would be another option.
Both would relatively work the same.

Community feedback would be appreciated.

I agree decreasing % over time seems like a good way to go, I would also suggest having a coin cap at say 16,180,000
anticlimax
Legendary

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 03:21:50 AM

This project can easily stand on its own, it has a purpose and a dedicated developer. I would like to see the stake drop to something more like 5% over a short amount of time. I also think having a max coin cap would greatly increase the long term value of this project going forward. Once we reach that cap stakes could be paid out from network fees, etc.

I really feel that a cap on the max coin supply and dropping interest will help things tremendously long term and reward @CedricQuotient for all his hard work!

My two cents for what its worth and hopefully we will get some more(better) ideas than mine.

I personally think the decreasing % over time is our best bet.

twitter @antiiclimax
Coinmin

Activity: 483

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 03:37:38 AM

Hey, is this coin has x86 wallet?
anticlimax
Legendary

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 03:48:35 AM

Hey, is this coin has x86 wallet?

No win 32 wallet, sorry.

twitter @antiiclimax
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... 104 »
  Print  

Jump to: