Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 05:18:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 2458 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GAW / Josh Garza discussion Paycoin XPY xpy.io ION ionomy. ALWAYS MAKE MONEY :)  (Read 3376927 times)
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2014, 01:31:28 AM

They rent this power out (probably to entities like NiceHash, or other cloud mining services)

Is that why NiceHash was removed from ZenCloud and accused of "exploits"?  Roll Eyes

You should try harder when you are making shit up. This thread has high standards for that kind of stuff.

Like krach's pseudo-code - it's totally believable and authentic  Grin

I don't make "shit up"... it's my best guess.  I probably should have prefaced that comment with an IMHO, right?

In that case I'm sorry. Let me rephrase that: I find it extremely unlikely that anyone would rent such amounts of hashpower without it showing up somewhere. Realistically there are only two coins capable of absorbing it - Bitcoin (but GAW is not showing among top pools for some reason) and Litecoin (but again not showing there and it would be 50%+ probably).
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2014, 01:34:08 AM

I fully realize that it´s a totally un-regulated marketplace
and what passes for police is totally mob-owned anyway

but how can this guy hype the world´s best paying pool
and then a week later be renegotiating the wreckage of
said pool ?

To be precise, he insists that the pool is still profitable, so don't have high hopes for the "negotiations". My guess would be that the pool will make a comeback but it will be mining some sort of gift card or whatever.

https://hashtalk.org/topic/18215

He insisted back then that the pool would soon be at the prior
level or higher.

Right, "soon" Smiley

Also it can be easily redefined as "we'll invent new math to make it look any way we want", as the post I linked above shows.
galdur

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 01:36:07 AM

Well, at any rate and given his record and ever changing stories
I think Josh should be hooked up to a lie-detector during the
next webcast.

suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2014, 01:36:16 AM

I thought the name HashCoin was taken and the name
of that new coin was still to be announced ?
Or maybe that story has changed, haven´t been following
this opera very closely.

That's still planned for the big news announcement:

https://hashtalk.org/topic/18452

GAW_CEO
Admins
Global Moderator
Industry Innovator

HashCoin ICO Media Tour...

Hey Everyone:

Happy Monday.
I want to give you all first notice that I will be heading to New York City this week to interview about the biggest ICO in history. So far on the schedule are CNN and Fortune Magazine, with many more to come.

It's going to be a big week, not just for HashCoin, but for the entire industry... and coverage is only going to go up from here.

Best of all, very soon we will be finally revealing the real name of the coin.

Can't wait!

Let's make history, folks.

Hash On,

Josh/CEO
seedtrue
Legendary

Activity: 963
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 01:36:27 AM

I thought the name HashCoin was taken and the name
of that new coin was still to be announced ?
Or maybe that story has changed, haven´t been following
this opera very closely.

Apparently, that changes by the hour too.

Scott-

taken off hashtalk
galdur

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 01:39:33 AM

What ? PayCoin hasn´t been used in any altcoin scam yet Huh
Amazing.

seedtrue
Legendary

Activity: 963
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 01:42:13 AM

What ? PayCoin hasn´t been used in any altcoin scam yet Huh
Amazing.

No there already is some shitcoin called Paycoin but.............

Notice
https://www.cryptsy.com/markets/view/PYC_BTC

I have had a few people email me about these guys.

We are not affiliated.

Follow me on Twitter - @gawceo
Phildo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 01:58:20 AM

Hi all

I've been following this thread and the previous one for a while . I'm european and invested in gaw for 50 mh of primes now .

If I understood well :
                        gaw ceo is an american citizen  
                        gaw miner is located in USA .
                        gaw ceo claims are public , and can be trace.

I did not run the numbers (right now it's pure speculation),
but after the madoff story and the mt gox story, knowing than in USA the worst thing you could do is steeling money and cheating on your wife with your secretary, would not it be very risky to scam people with such big amount of money knowing than :
               at best you'll end up in jail or in the street as a tramp,
               or at worst being hunt down like a mad dog by halff the people you scamed in a country where a lot of people have firearms ?

That's exactly what baffles me also.
We've seen CEOs of huge corporations go down (ENRON comes to mind) where I'm sure they've got the best lawyers money can buy.
So what's this with GAW?

Are they blinded with greed and their (nicely paid) legal support has artfully lead them to believe that they have all corners covered and are immune to any hostile legal action?
Or are we so ignorant of how things work in corporate law that we fail to see that GAW operation is truly and well protected under USA law?

Can an american please discuss this in more depth?

There are regulation and regulators, but they can't watch everything all of the time. Look how long it took to catch Madoff, BFL, enron, etc. It takes time, and in that time your money has disappeared.

If this is a scam, it's a small scale one compared to other shit going on in the US, so don't expect to see regulators to get onto it immediately, and even if they catch on, if your money has gone to other people/disappeared in the mean time, you will be SOL. It's probably not that smart to run a scam out this much in the open using your real name in the US, but that doesn't mean it's automatically safe for you to put your money in.
galdur

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 02:18:32 AM

Criminality cheek by jowl with puritanical righteousness is about as American as apple pie and turkey  Grin

owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 1968

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 02:25:42 AM

There are regulation and regulators, but they can't watch everything all of the time. Look how long it took to catch Madoff, BFL, enron, etc. It takes time, and in that time your money has disappeared.

Exactly. The wheels of justice grind slowly in the US, but .. They do, in the end, grind hard.

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
galdur

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 02:38:38 AM

Mob-owned "police" ignored Madoff for a decade

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGaVIS_3h8I

galdur

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 02:43:21 AM

Speaking of mob-owned crap, I heard that idiots in charge
of some bitcoin businesses hired what´s left of former SEC
head turd Levitt as consultant. Good luck with that  Grin

jayendo

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 02:57:14 AM

And why shouldn't I defend them? The investment was worth it and I had great returns. Unlike some people here I don't envy others who made more than me.
What we have here is group of angry trolls unloading their frustration. They tried this on hashtalk and got banned so now they are going full steam here and calling it "constructive criticism".

My only comment in reference to this Mt. GAW shill is -
Put your own or your Master's money where your mouth is if you think anything here cannot be proven OR if you or your Master has the ability to PROVE me or anyone else here wrong.

I made this simple public commitment/challenge a month ago on HT (when they were still calling "project prime" an IPO) and never received a response before being banned so I will make it again - here.

https://hashtalk.org/topic/11471/is-gaw-going-to-be-listing-as-an-ipo-on-medici/71 (doh... he shadow banned/deleted this post to cover it up... so typical). Here is a screen grab.

Mr. CEO can make all the bogus 100 BTC bet challenges he wishes with his ever-changing numbers and rules, but I stand by my simple and direct commitment.

The clock is ticking, Mr. HashTitan... Oh wait, you may not be here in 1.8 months let alone 18 months (now 17 months from my original post).  Roll Eyes

Scott-
i might be late but i just lost all respect for ya
DARKANGEL6415

Activity: 672

ADAMANT — the most secure and anonymous messenger

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2014, 02:58:54 AM

Hundreds of thousands of stores
In addition to major partners, today it was confirmed that HashCoin will be available to hundreds of thousands of merchants. More details coming this week!

I know its vague :grinning: I just cant say more yet.

Stay tuned :grinning:

OMG! They made a debit card!!!

Holy crap!!! Whats next? Cash?
lol what is next is crackers or pieces of toast that if you look at them have the face of god. The better the detail in the bread looking like god the more it will be worth. Think of it we can buy and pay for services with gaw bread with faces of god and virgin mary. I guess we all know who will be the face of god and virgin mary LOL  Grin

● ● ● ● ● ● ●   ADAMANT Messenger ● ● ● ● ● ● ●  
Try it now: Secure and Anonymous Messenger ║║ Whitepaper
puwaha

Activity: 700
Merit: 294

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 03:32:37 AM
Last edit: November 18, 2014, 03:44:57 AM by puwaha

Investing in the stock market isn't a zero-sum game.   If that was true there would never be a bear market and bull markets would be unlikely too.   You would only see market increases when new shares were sold.   Clearly it isn't a zero sum game.   Vast amounts of wealth are created and sometimes destroyed by the stock market.    Option contacts are closer to a zero-sum game, but the not stock.  Stock value depends on how much profit a company makes.  

You could say each transaction is a wash of value, not completely true but it is very close to true.   Fees and spread means there is always a slight loss of value unless the all the parties in the transaction are considered.  

Ok, maybe I was being too simplistic, but at it's very simple terms, someone has a stock worth X dollars.  Why is it worth X dollars?  Because someone said so.  (sounds like BTC) Then this someone sells it to a sucker for X+/-Y...  if it was X+Y, has it gained any value?  No.  Has the company done anything different?  No.  None of this matters, it's simply buying and selling "something".  The only thing that happens is that money exchanges hands.

No wealth is created except in the illusion that this stock is worth more than X.  That is taking advantage of people... and I'm not against it... but it's still a zero sum game.  No fiat was "created" in the sale of the stock.
bumpershot

Activity: 532

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 03:56:00 AM

I'm on the side that GAW is legit, but this cracked me up. I read that part of the "whitepaper" and actually did a wanking motion with my hand even though no one was watching.

I still think the theory's sound, but that whitepaper is a mess.

Do not listen to these trolls. Majority of people who hates towards GAW are just spouting utter nonsense.

You mean like thermovacum controlled miners , you buy at 4$ few weeks later sell for 20$ sounds legit right?

White Paper? Bah, My investors dont even care about that shit, shut up asking about it.
Here is my  Pseudo Proof of Concept Code:

Blackhole::TI_Vaccum_Transaction() {
TI1 = Warp Proof-of-Work Hash (nBlockHeight ~ Proof-of-Transactional-Vaccumility(nth) );
TI2 = SHA256( TI1 ) * HyperDifficulty(n);
TI3 = Return ( TI2 – Eat at Joes(sponsored line)( directive ) );
return xCTI3;
}
Warptimefold::TI_Locked_Transaction() {
TILT = Translucent.TI_Sent_Transaction();
if ( TILT = Timefold_X+tx23(Verified_Transaction( mrch ) ) {
ThermoBlockConfirmation = true + A;
}
}

That should be enough codes to please the crypto nerds. OK now invest.

KC6TTR

Activity: 434
Merit: 259

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 05:18:35 AM

i might be late but i just lost all respect for ya

OooooKay... sorry to read that... I guess.  (Huh)

Scott-
Vannicke

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

That guy, you know, with the face

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 06:34:52 AM

Investing in the stock market isn't a zero-sum game.   If that was true there would never be a bear market and bull markets would be unlikely too.   You would only see market increases when new shares were sold.   Clearly it isn't a zero sum game.   Vast amounts of wealth are created and sometimes destroyed by the stock market.    Option contacts are closer to a zero-sum game, but the not stock.  Stock value depends on how much profit a company makes.  

You could say each transaction is a wash of value, not completely true but it is very close to true.   Fees and spread means there is always a slight loss of value unless the all the parties in the transaction are considered.  

Ok, maybe I was being too simplistic, but at it's very simple terms, someone has a stock worth X dollars.  Why is it worth X dollars?  Because someone said so.  (sounds like BTC) Then this someone sells it to a sucker for X+/-Y...  if it was X+Y, has it gained any value?  No.  Has the company done anything different?  No.  None of this matters, it's simply buying and selling "something".  The only thing that happens is that money exchanges hands.

No wealth is created except in the illusion that this stock is worth more than X.  That is taking advantage of people... and I'm not against it... but it's still a zero sum game.  No fiat was "created" in the sale of the stock.

@puwaha:

I must politely disagree:

If it was sold at x+y and someone else decides that since it sold for x+y they'll sell for x+y, does mean that the perceived value has increased.  Lesser things have caused increase or decrease in value, and it does not mean that somewhere else in the market value is lost to compensate.  The fact that trading means that one person buying = one person selling does not preclude that the market as a whole is zero sum.

If the stock is perceived to be worth more, zero sum would imply something else is worth less, but that isn't the case.  Value is fickle like that.

@others in this thread

That being said, I think that the real reasoning behind much of Josh's antics are exactly as he says if he is dealing with large corporations  (which with my small investment, I do hope).  Were I a large corporation investing in the ICO, I would prefer things to be hush hush, and it appears that Josh just can't keep his can shut well enough ... but however arrogant he may be aside ( I won't dispute that, despite my position in his company I hate his antics myself) if the coin doesn't release as planned, alas, I'll have made a bad bet and hopefully dump it on the hype spike before it dies, but I do think that GAW's actions are largely legitimate.

The white paper tends to read as though the large investors will have a good holding in the stake of the coin, and GAW will compete for this holding themselves.  A lot about the coin does NOT appeal to miners, despite them being such a miner centric company, but I feel the underlying reason is that he is targeting merchants more than miners, because mass adoption requires so much effort in negotiating with large companies that are usually fairly immobile in their stance on trade, and like the relative immutability of fiat.

I like the idea, and I think it is a step forward, so I tossed a few coin at it.  After going through the end of the last thread and all the pages here, I'd like to pitch into the discussion if I may, and I'm certainly not leaning as eagerly toward GAW as I did before, but objectively, my opinion is that this thing will probably be around for a while, and be (relatively) successful.  I don't think it will be worth more than bitcoin like some at HT say ... not by a long shot, but I think it is a bold approach to getting a not so new concept to actually be accepted by larger numbers of people who don't really know about mining.

The Satoshi Jar: 16t2BLGZyaMpGm3vzYWxucGz8g4bVotr1h
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 06:43:26 AM

The white paper tends to read as though the large investors will have a good holding in the stake of the coin, and GAW will compete for this holding themselves.  A lot about the coin does NOT appeal to miners, despite them being such a miner centric company, but I feel the underlying reason is that he is targeting merchants more than miners, because mass adoption requires so much effort in negotiating with large companies that are usually fairly immobile in their stance on trade, and like the relative immutability of fiat.

I like the idea, and I think it is a step forward, so I tossed a few coin at it.  After going through the end of the last thread and all the pages here, I'd like to pitch into the discussion if I may, and I'm certainly not leaning as eagerly toward GAW as I did before, but objectively, my opinion is that this thing will probably be around for a while, and be (relatively) successful.  I don't think it will be worth more than bitcoin like some at HT say ... not by a long shot, but I think it is a bold approach to getting a not so new concept to actually be accepted by larger numbers of people who don't really know about mining.

Can you (or anyone else) expand more on why you believe in this coin?

Why would an investor (Say someone who bought $1m worth of hashcoin at $2/coin) not want to and immediately dump it on the market at $20/coin for 1000% ROI? Why risk holding?

I'm having a hard time understanding what features give this coin any value other than the promise that it will be worth more some day. (due to marketing/infrastructure/etc)
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2014, 06:59:12 AM

Thank you for the calm tone, this thread can get heated at times Smiley

Just as jimmothy right above I'm mainly puzzled by this sudden explosion of wealth, 5-fold or more increase in value for no apparent reason, and why would someone not dump it immediately when the $20 sell option becomes available. 5% APY is not nearly a big enough carrot to prevent that. I'm guessing we don't know some important details yet, which may involve some fairly substantial sticks to make the carrots sweeter.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 2458 »
  Print  

Jump to: