Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 01:17:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 [367] 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 ... 2458 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GAW / Josh Garza discussion Paycoin XPY xpy.io ION ionomy. ALWAYS MAKE MONEY :)  (Read 3376938 times)
WaffleMaster

Activity: 966
Merit: 546

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 08:43:34 PM

Ok, so say I make something that violates the terms of service of amazon and sell it to thousands of people. The people using it get in trouble but I get off free as a bird?

It goes back to the age old argument:  Do guns kill people, or do people who use guns kill people?

That's not how it works my friends Wink and regardless of how you read the ToS they're actually interfering with the transactions of the website, not just doing a Google search. LOL how delusional are these shills? Ignored, but feel free to post your useless rebuttal for other people to read. I have no need for futile bickering. I have all the photographic proof I need. Have a good day shills (or should I say Homero Joshua Garza's secondary accounts).

That is how it works.  When *YOU* accept the TOS from Walmart, *YOU* are entering a legal contract with Walmart that *YOU* will obey their terms.  GAW did not enter that contract.

We had the same concerns. After speaking to lawyers at Amazon extensively they've explained it in a way that makes sense to us at least.

The source code for the plugin has to communicate with an outside GAW owned server... meaning that even though the plugin is hosted on the computer of the end-user that GAW is now also "accessing the site" and that makes them liable to follow the TOS just as everyone else does.

The source code from the plugin ZincSave was already downloaded and audited by Amazon (back when it first was a thing before it went offline) and a third party so they are intimately familiar with how it works and the API calls it makes online.

We hope to have our full report online soon. We just got confirmation from Best Buy this morning regarding the situation and a comment from them and are still waiting to hear back from Target once again.

I'd just like to thank Coinfire for their reporting on this and suchmoon for this thread.
Notice how not one of these shills has commented on this Wink UH OH, I THINK WE ARE ONTO SOMETHING BOYS lmfao. So what happens when GAW gets Cease and Desists from all the retailers that it's coin is supposed to be used at?
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 8937

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2014, 08:50:57 PM

Good article, thanks for the link. Carefully tip-toeing around red flags, but fairly balanced. Could it be that Coindesk isn't carrying GAW ads anymore? Smiley
eightcylinders

Activity: 434
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 08:52:53 PM

This post is a great example of the style of argument found on HT.  There must be a manual or something they distribute on how to make rhetorical points without addressing anything of substance.

To Wit:

The only point I'm here to make is being made. Anyone can launch a smear campaign, with baseless fodder. The reason we can all talk about pyramid schemes, and ponzi schemes is because there was proof. Not just opinions. When you look for proof the allegations here fall apart. I would refund my purchases if there was proof.

No one is launching a smear campaign.  There are not "baseless fodder" being discussed.  What *has* been discussed is the lack of any mechanism for GAW to support its payouts and miners sold, the problems with Paycoin and Paybase, etc. You say "baseless fodder" but are you really saying that the 380 pages here is baseless fodder?  That is a rhetorical trick to get around addressing all of the specific and detailed problems that have been discussed in 380 pages.  Similar tricks include labeling everyone that posts anything negative as a troll or the substance of the text as "FUD".

What you are essentially arguing is that no one should make any public questioning until there is 100% proof that GAW is a Ponzi or fraud.  That of course is ridiculous as I am sure you would agree.  When GAW hits each and every red flag pronounced by the FTC/SEC, its time to have an open discussion and its not FUD and not trollers.  Where there is smoke there is often fire.  Not every time, but enough that it doesn't hurt to tell people there might be fire when you see lots of smoke.

Address arguments and stop the throat clearing meaningless rhetoric of FUD, trolls, baseless fodder, etc.

You do realize most of us are/were customers of GAW?  Why would we spread FUD, troll, and engage in baseless fodder?  We are not competitors, we are not hateful.  We are concerned.  Most of us anyway.

As far as your ability to get a refund ... that is true as long as the number of folks seeking refunds is small.  What happens if EVERYONE wants a refund?  Do you see how the ability to get a refund does not really address in any way the concerns here that GAW might be running a Ponzi?  Unless GAW can demonstrate that they can cash EVERYONE OUT at one time, refunds to a few are irrelevant marketing gimmicks aka Volder's offer.

The people making reports could do things in a way that addresses both sides of a story not just the typical one sided view. All companies have problems, its how they resolve these issues that matters.

Many here have tried that approach and been banned or shadowbanned for it.  Most of us posting here thought at one time or another that GAW had some good ideas.  But no one on HT wants to talk about problems in a serious way.  In the past, Josh would just offer compensation to shut up customers with bad experiences on this forum (look it up, its true and I can show you my PMs if you don't believe it); now he can just ban, its much easier.

Out of the claimed 200,000 customers of theirs I see 50, maybe 100 people pissed about different issues. 4 have reported them in the typical legitimate old school ways. 3 resolved satisfactorily Maybe more have secretly. And when that information comes available publicly I will accept it if its factual. I believe most huge retailers would love to have those stats.

Really?  Using statistics to distort doesn't help your case.  Why don't you have GAW commission third party independent poll of current and former customers and see what those 20,000 (200,000??) customers really think.  You cannot compare posters on this forum as a percentage of overall customers.  Count the number of posters in this thread and the number of bans on HT, and compare that to the number of regular positive posters and you MAY have meaningful comparison.  You cannot talk about 20,000 customers because most are silent - good or bad.  The number of regular posters that are negative is at least equal to the number of posters that are positive even including HT posts.  That is not a good statistic.

My BTC Addres: 1PMEJCY6ofqmnAdYbdQqToZ7MNSAz35w7v
=>Buy the world's first hardware wallet.   Safer than paper and easier to use than smartphones.  If you use Bitcoin you need this: Buy Trezor!!
WaffleMaster

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 09:16:22 PM

vabchgent

Activity: 840
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 09:20:03 PM

At least there starting to question things a little bit its a start.Might be to late but its a start.

Come Monday Mt GAW is probably going to Explode over there.

Tinfoil hat time
GAW
GOX

Both Start with G and can start with MT.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███     

██████████

██████     

███████████

███████████████     

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
alienesb

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 09:26:21 PM

I just want to convert my hp into xpy and dump them then I can be done with this company and this thread once and for all.
vabchgent

Activity: 840
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 09:29:04 PM

I just want to convert my hp into xpy and dump them then I can be done with this company and this thread once and for all.

Youll Miss us.   Grin

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███     

██████████

██████     

███████████

███████████████     

███████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
alienesb

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 09:31:01 PM

Youll Miss us.   Grin

I don't know what I'll do with all the time. Maybe learn how to play the piano or another language or maybe I'll launch my own shit coin or ponzi. Grinning.
DARKANGEL6415

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

ADAMANT — the most secure and anonymous messenger

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2014, 09:31:11 PM

My Crystal Ball said..."READ THIS" ...:

http://www.coindesk.com/florida-group-faces-fraud-charges-alleged-altcoin-pump-dump/

Enjoy... Grin Grin Grin

ZiG

EDIT...: ...Sounds familiar ... Huh Huh Huh

ya saw that earlier and posted it back about 8 pages .... but yes I said the same thing "sounds familiar" indeed lol
yeah i read that link you posted is crazy i had never even heard of the coin they talking about. I guess i should be glad i never heard of it or anything like that feel bad for those people $30,000 DAM

● ● ● ● ● ● ●   ADAMANT Messenger ● ● ● ● ● ● ●  
Try it now: Secure and Anonymous Messenger ║║ Whitepaper
WaffleMaster

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 09:31:25 PM
Last edit: December 18, 2014, 09:43:13 PM by WaffleMaster

This will be GAW when they receive all those cease and desists from the retailers and merchants that they're trying to convince people support Paycoin (while it breaks the merchant's Terms of Service).

Victim:
puwaha

Activity: 700
Merit: 294

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 09:49:52 PM

I have no doubt that you do not understand what I am saying, that is quite obvious. The entire Paycoin mining system is in essence a single pool controlled by GAW, which is the primary coin holder. It does not matter what fancy catch phrases are used to describe it.

I'd have to disagree with you here.  During POW, you can mine your coins into existence using any pool you choose into your own personal wallet.  All of this is outside GAW's control.  During POS, you are free to stake your coins in your own personal wallet, which is also outside GAW's control.

puwaha

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 09:52:41 PM

Gaw did not, or does not now hold a 100% of the hashing power in the pool,one of the reasons the coin forked was that people were throwing so much power at the pool it overtook Gaw and caused a fork

Umm, that ends tomorrow Einstein. After that they will indeed control 100% of the "pool" hashing power.

I am more convinced that Idiocracy is upon us every time I read one of these posts written by someone who is completely oblivious to what is going on, yet is convinced they are Wile E Coyote, Super Genius.

Oh, and to get the honor of being able to mine in this pool , all you have to do is buy one of these and "stick coins in it". for a long period of time.

Never mind that these cute little machines are nothing more than a fancy CAD rendering and do not actually exist.

Then you truly have no idea of what you speak.

Please go download the wallet, obtain a coin, and stake on your own. 
puwaha

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 09:54:51 PM

I think we have a winner

I'm not so sure what is a "winner" about the question.  You don't stake USD.
eightcylinders

Activity: 434
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 09:56:09 PM

Gaw did not, or does not now hold a 100% of the hashing power in the pool,one of the reasons the coin forked was that people were throwing so much power at the pool it overtook Gaw and caused a fork

Umm, that ends tomorrow Einstein. After that they will indeed control 100% of the "pool" hashing power.

I am more convinced that Idiocracy is upon us every time I read one of these posts written by someone who is completely oblivious to what is going on, yet is convinced they are Wile E Coyote, Super Genius.

Oh, and to get the honor of being able to mine in this pool , all you have to do is buy one of these and "stick coins in it". for a long period of time.

Never mind that these cute little machines are nothing more than a fancy CAD rendering and do not actually exist.

I have the wallet downloaded. I have mined coins.  Exactly how do I stake them without going through GAW?  I do not see that functionality in the wallet.  Please explain the process in simple terms, I would love to try it.

My BTC Addres: 1PMEJCY6ofqmnAdYbdQqToZ7MNSAz35w7v
=>Buy the world's first hardware wallet.   Safer than paper and easier to use than smartphones.  If you use Bitcoin you need this: Buy Trezor!!
Paul Revere

Activity: 406
Merit: 260

The Scamcoats are coming!

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 09:57:27 PM

I have no doubt that you do not understand what I am saying, that is quite obvious. The entire Paycoin mining system is in essence a single pool controlled by GAW, which is the primary coin holder. It does not matter what fancy catch phrases are used to describe it.

I'd have to disagree with you here.  During POW, you can mine your coins into existence using any pool you choose into your own personal wallet.  All of this is outside GAW's control.  During POS, you are free to stake your coins in your own personal wallet, which is also outside GAW's control.

Thanks for pointing that out Sherlock. You think maybe I knew that since I am renting miners? Maybe you should scan back a page and see where this was already discussed.

Also: Better hurry up and rent some more miners, the clock is ticking down!

Got.. To.. Stay.. Awake.... Little... Longer...Must... trade... entire... future... for... promises.. by.... guy.. with... vest....

All of my posts are simply statements of my own personal opinions based on available information and pondering what might be possible considering human nature, with the goal of finding truth and preventing fraud. Please look at all of the facts and theories and put your thinking cap on to draw your own conclusions. If you feel that I have made a false statement or have been unnecessarily derogatory, I encourage you to please point it out, and if proven correct and/or reasonable I will remedy it. ~ Paul Revere
puwaha

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 10:02:49 PM

Look at it this way.  Say there will be 500K coins out in circulation by end of POW.  And GAW expects another 500K of dumping from customers at paybase.  Why would they eat into their own reserves to reward dumpers (GAW is still losing $7 of their reserve per coin to the dumpers)... when they can just buoy their own customer base at the $20 promised?  The miner/dumpers will have to take their low sell bids off of the exchanges and take them to paybase to get $20 per coin.  Removing the low sell bids from the exchanges can increase the value of the remaining coins on the exchanges.

So you're saying that instead of spending 500x7 = 3.5 million USD to buy up coins now, GAW would rather spend 500 x 20 = 10 million to buy up the same coins later?

The only way this could possibly make sense - and someone mentioned that already - if GAW introduced some kind of hold on external deposits, giving priority to HP conversions. But that would screw all those HT pumpers buying up "cheap" coins on coin-swap now.

No, what I'm saying is why spend money on exchanges to buy coins?  They have enough debits to worry about with the HP->XPY->BTC/USD sell off from their own customers.  They need to have the money to support this sell-off from their customers.  And by doing so within paybase, they get the same effect from the exchanges that they want without having to buy coins from the exchanges.  They can't control the price on the exchange, but they can manipulate behavior a bit by only guaranteeing the $20 via paybase.

Nerull

Activity: 195
Merit: 110

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 10:08:01 PM

I have the wallet downloaded. I have mined coins.  Exactly how do I stake them without going through GAW?  I do not see that functionality in the wallet.  Please explain the process in simple terms, I would love to try it.

You just leave them in your wallet for 30 days and log into your wallet. The coins basically need to stay at a single address for period of time
puwaha

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 10:09:48 PM

Man, that dude is rollin'.
Paul Revere

Activity: 406
Merit: 260

The Scamcoats are coming!

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 10:12:00 PM

Look at it this way.  Say there will be 500K coins out in circulation by end of POW.  And GAW expects another 500K of dumping from customers at paybase.  Why would they eat into their own reserves to reward dumpers (GAW is still losing $7 of their reserve per coin to the dumpers)... when they can just buoy their own customer base at the $20 promised?  The miner/dumpers will have to take their low sell bids off of the exchanges and take them to paybase to get $20 per coin.  Removing the low sell bids from the exchanges can increase the value of the remaining coins on the exchanges.

So you're saying that instead of spending 500x7 = 3.5 million USD to buy up coins now, GAW would rather spend 500 x 20 = 10 million to buy up the same coins later?

The only way this could possibly make sense - and someone mentioned that already - if GAW introduced some kind of hold on external deposits, giving priority to HP conversions. But that would screw all those HT pumpers buying up "cheap" coins on coin-swap now.

No, what I'm saying is why spend money on exchanges to buy coins?  They have enough debits to worry about with the HP->XPY->BTC/USD sell off from their own customers.  They need to have the money to support this sell-off from their customers.  And by doing so within paybase, they get the same effect from the exchanges that they want without having to buy coins from the exchanges.  They can't control the price on the exchange, but they can manipulate behavior a bit by only guaranteeing the $20 via paybase.

Translation: They have no intentions of paying $20 for Paycoins. If they did they would be buying them right now for $5.

Example: I am a builder. Let's say I need 100 sheets of plywood for a job next week that I a obligated to do. Today the sheets of plywood are on sale for $5. The sale ends Sunday, and Monday I will have to pay $20 per sheet. Are you REALLY so stupid that you would pay $20 instead of $5?? Do you REALLY not know the difference between $500 and $2,000?? Another product victim of our educational system. Shocking.

Again: The difference between stealing candy from a baby and what Josh is doing to his followers is that a baby has enough brains to cry when someone steals his lollipop.

All of my posts are simply statements of my own personal opinions based on available information and pondering what might be possible considering human nature, with the goal of finding truth and preventing fraud. Please look at all of the facts and theories and put your thinking cap on to draw your own conclusions. If you feel that I have made a false statement or have been unnecessarily derogatory, I encourage you to please point it out, and if proven correct and/or reasonable I will remedy it. ~ Paul Revere
puwaha

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 10:19:33 PM

Click on the "Minting" tab.  You can see the age of the coins/transactions you have in the wallet.

As per the POS portion of the whitepaper, your coin needs to age 30 days before it will stake.
Pages: « 1 ... 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 [367] 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 ... 2458 »
  Print  

Jump to: