Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:19:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] FlappyCoin - PoS Released - 6/29 - Need Counterparty Fork - 4btc  (Read 41353 times)
menlatin (OP)

Activity: 366
Merit: 260

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2015, 11:57:11 PM

PoS wallet is almost done!! Look for a release in the next few days!

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vegasguy
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003

"Yobit pump alert software" Link in my signature!

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 12:06:45 AM

Ive looked on OP and last few pages and dont see any specifications on POS. Is flappy still mineable? I seem to remember it was scrypt last time. That still true? Is it on any exchanges? Many of the old coins are coming alive again and its exciting. Ive been posting articles about this on my site www.bitcoinlasvegas.net and would like to get the word out about the new flappy coin specs.

Vegas

I want to make sure everyone knows that I just released my software called "Yobit pump alert". THis is custom software that uses an algo to detect the start of a pump here on yobit, the second it starts. YOu can even filter the coins you see by price. Most pumps start less than 100 sats , so you can easily filter the cheap coins, so they are the only ones displayed Smiley https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1945937.msg20241953#msg20241953
menlatin (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2015, 12:12:44 AM
Last edit: June 03, 2015, 12:23:57 AM by menlatin

[EDIT] Rough specs will be 10% annual staking reducing 1% every 50k blocks to 1% indefinitely. Min stake 7 days, max 21 days.  PoS to start around 700k.

vegasguy
Legendary

Activity: 1610

"Yobit pump alert software" Link in my signature!

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 12:29:49 AM

[EDIT] Rough specs will be 10% annual staking reducing 1% every 50k blocks to 1% indefinitely. Min stake 7 days, max 21 days.  PoS to start around 700k.

Sounds good. Is it still mineable or POS only? Is it on any exchanges yet?

Vegas

I want to make sure everyone knows that I just released my software called "Yobit pump alert". THis is custom software that uses an algo to detect the start of a pump here on yobit, the second it starts. YOu can even filter the coins you see by price. Most pumps start less than 100 sats , so you can easily filter the cheap coins, so they are the only ones displayed Smiley https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1945937.msg20241953#msg20241953
menlatin (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2015, 12:56:24 AM

Its been on Cryptsy for over a year now

Cryptsy LTC https://www.cryptsy.com/markets/view/FLAP_LTC
Cryptsy XRP https://www.cryptsy.com/markets/view/FLAP_XRP
Allcoin LTC https://www.allcoin.com/trade/FLAP_LTC

Its still mineable but only 50 FLAP/block. There's plenty on the exchanges though.

menlatin (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2015, 01:50:18 AM

But based on all the nput transactions, there's  TON of tx fees being rewarded

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/flap/#!overview

SISAR

Activity: 651
Merit: 518

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 05:14:05 PM
Last edit: June 03, 2015, 05:32:29 PM by SISAR

[EDIT] Rough specs will be 10% annual staking reducing 1% every 50k blocks to 1% indefinitely. Min stake 7 days, max 21 days.  PoS to start around 700k.

Min stake 7 days might innitially result in problems because it is very likely that there are not enough unspent inputs to generate enough blocks to have network running properly until new stakes become available. 1,440 blocks * 7 days = 10,080 unspent inputs required to maintain block time at 1 minute on average! There will probably be a long wait until new blocks. It would help if client could break staked unspent inputs into more than 2 outputs, to create more unspent inputs later and thus slowly correct block generation.

If anyone feels like staking this coin, withdraw your FLAP from exchanges now. If possible do it in more than 1 transaction (withdraw), the more of them the better.
menlatin (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2015, 05:55:46 PM

[EDIT] Rough specs will be 10% annual staking reducing 1% every 50k blocks to 1% indefinitely. Min stake 7 days, max 21 days.  PoS to start around 700k.

Min stake 7 days might innitially result in problems because it is very likely that there are not enough unspent inputs to generate enough blocks to have network running properly until new stakes become available. 1,440 blocks * 7 days = 10,080 unspent inputs required to maintain block time at 1 minute on average! There will probably be a long wait until new blocks. It would help if client could break staked unspent inputs into more than 2 outputs, to create more unspent inputs later and thus slowly correct block generation.

If anyone feels like staking this coin, withdraw your FLAP from exchanges now. If possible do it in more than 1 transaction (withdraw), the more of them the better.

unspent inputs like this? https://chainz.cryptoid.info/flap/block.dws?663222.htm

lately there have been a TON like this

cryptsy withdraws are being limited because of so many inputs.

URSAY
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 06:09:21 PM

Has a portion of the historical data been removed on Cryptsy?  When looking at ALL time period, it begins July 14.  The original coin launched Feb. 14.  I seem to remember Cryptsy having more historical data.
Griffith
Legendary

Activity: 1400

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 07:10:22 PM

unspent inputs like this? https://chainz.cryptoid.info/flap/block.dws?663222.htm

cryptsy does stake thier coins which is why if you withdraw from them you see inputs like this. so if cryptsy has a large amount of Flappy the week minimum wont hurt the chain at all. as for the splitting after every stake. PoS already does this by default
menlatin (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2015, 08:53:39 PM

cryptsy does stake thier coins which is why if you withdraw from them you see inputs like this. so if cryptsy has a large amount of Flappy the week minimum wont hurt the chain at all. as for the splitting after every stake. PoS already does this by default

Cryptsy has an estimated 7-9 billion coins currently, so that's not a problem.

SISAR

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 09:21:31 PM
Last edit: June 03, 2015, 10:01:32 PM by SISAR

Has a portion of the historical data been removed on Cryptsy?  When looking at ALL time period, it begins July 14.  The original coin launched Feb. 14.  I seem to remember Cryptsy having more historical data.

Trading started at SILK/BTC but after a week or so of no buying orders even at 1 Satoshi they moved market to SILK/LTC where price very quickly dropped to just few Litoshis.  Tongue

It is unclear why Cryptsy are spamming the blockchain with massive transactions like the one linked above. First of all, FLAP is still not PoS and the idea that Cryptsy are ahead of time (wallet update) is simply silly (they are always lagging when it comes to wallet updates or any other activity on the scene) but even if it is it would make no sense to send roughly 25,000 coins from hundreds of addresses instead of sending just recent deposits, starting with the latest one. All that if Cryptsy are actualy staking which I think is not true.

As for PoS wallets splitting input into multiple outputs it is true but just 2 outputs might be too little to elegantly fix eventual issue with block generation. If at the time FLAP switches to PoS there are 1,000 unspent inputs that are stake-ready, splitting those into just 2,000 outputs will not help much because 10,080 stake-ready inputs are needed in 7 days period to have network running smoothly.
menlatin (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2015, 09:54:55 PM

Trading started at SILK/BTC but after a week or so of no buying orders even at 1 Satoshi they moved market to SILK/LTC where price very quickly dropped to just few Litoshis.  Tongue

It is unclear why Cryptsy are spamming the blockchain with massive transactions like the one linked above. First of all, FLAP is still not PoS and the idea that Cryptsy are ahead of time (wallet update) is simply silly (they are always lagging when it comes to wallet updates or any other activity on the scene) but even if it is it would make no sense to send roughly 25,000 coins from hundreds of addresses instead of sending just recent deposits, starting with the latest one. All that if Cryptsy are actualy staking which I think is not true.

As for PoS wallets splitting input into muliple outputs it is true but just 2 outputs might be too little to elegantly fix eventual issue with block generation. If at the time FLAP switches to PoS there are 1,000 unspent inputs that are stake-ready, splitting those into just 2,000 outputs will not help much because 10,080 stake-ready inputs are needed in 7 days period to have network running smoothly.

It seems one may have exhausted the last large deposit input at this block. https://chainz.cryptoid.info/flap/block.dws?651995.htm.

menlatin (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2015, 10:17:43 PM

Also, Cryptsy is not staking. The wallet hasn't even been released.

SISAR

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 10:40:37 PM

Yes, it seems that have used up all big inputs and are now "stuck" with like trillion of smaller inputs.  Tongue

Bug report:

When using Coin Control feature transaction fee is not calculated properly. If I pick unspent input with 10,000 coins and want to send all those coins to some address, transaction fee will be reported at 0 coins and upon attempting to send all coins wallet will complain that I have insuffiscient funds because required transaction fee is actualy let's say 5 coins. So to send mentioned coins I must do 10,000 - 5 and send 9,995 coins. Situation is actualy far from that simple because most inputs are like 132,861.18164532 and transaction fee is like 26.35 but also for some reason the value for transaction fee can change between send attempts even though the same one input is selected at all times (there is no change when it comes to transaction size nor priority).
Griffith
Legendary

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 11:17:58 PM

As for PoS wallets splitting input into multiple outputs it is true but just 2 outputs might be too little to elegantly fix eventual issue with block generation. If at the time FLAP switches to PoS there are 1,000 unspent inputs that are stake-ready, splitting those into just 2,000 outputs will not help much because 10,080 stake-ready inputs are needed in 7 days period to have network running smoothly.

to the first segment:
cryptsy isnt spamming the blockchain.
when you sent a TX your wallet looks for all unspent outputs and takes a collection of them to send into one tx to send coins. thats how it works. they arent specifically selecting the small ones to make the blocks bigger, that is just how the wallet does it.
and i didnt say cryptsy was staking FLAP. i said that they stake PoS coins. if the coin is PoS they stake it, if it isnt then they dont (because you cant stake a non PoS coin).

to the second segment: i reduced the time from 1 week to three days. plenty of coins have a multiple day PoS period, so there is no need to worry about it when it is 3 days. a week could have potentially been problematic. but at 3 days those problems essentially dissapear.

Yes, it seems that have used up all big inputs and are now "stuck" with like trillion of smaller inputs.  Tongue

Bug report:

When using Coin Control feature transaction fee is not calculated properly. If I pick unspent input with 10,000 coins and want to send all those coins to some address, transaction fee will be reported at 0 coins and upon attempting to send all coins wallet will complain that I have insuffiscient funds because required transaction fee is actualy let's say 5 coins. So to send mentioned coins I must do 10,000 - 5 and send 9,995 coins. Situation is actualy far from that simple because most inputs are like 132,861.18164532 and transaction fee is like 26.35 but also for some reason the value for transaction fee can change between send attempts even though the same one input is selected at all times (there is no change when it comes to transaction size nor priority).

to try and state it simply...
the value for the transaction fee is calculated by how much of a block you are taking up to send your transaction, so it is possible for you to send the same transaction with different fees. ive seen coin control act very odd for a while now with a lot of coins especially PoS coins due to the way the pos splits the transactions. yet for all the odd decisions coin control makes the code behind it makes perfect sense.

best solution for it is to not use it if you dont fully understand how it is calculating what and have the wallet select which transactions are selected for an input (which is what it does when you just normally send a tx). coin control is mostly meant for debugging and dev usage. i have actually taken it out of a few coin wallets because for the most part: its useless for the average person.
CryptoDatabase
Legendary

Activity: 1596

https://cryptodatabase.net

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2015, 03:25:18 AM

Dear players of Dragon Knight,

The following changes have been made to the game.

1. Menu in left nav bar has been minimalized to conserve space and moved to the top of the page.
2. Fish, Wood, Stone, Iron have been moved to the left nav bar under the Army and Supplies section.
3. Changed the withdraw area and added a 10% fee to withdrawals. Players can exchange Dragon Points for any coin and add it to their account where they can then withdraw them. Only HTML5, HYPER, and GP can actually be used in the game though.
4. Added coin balance display to the right nav bar.
5. Moved Fast Spells up a little bit on the right nav bar.
6. Removed option to exchange DP for HTML5, HYPER, and GP from the Exchange building. This can now be done in the Crypto link on the left nav menu or the Crypto Exchange building in town.
7. Added coin prices to the bottom scroll bar, it now shows the highest price found for each coin in game and updates itself every minute.

If you encounter a bug or have a suggestion please let me know and as always, thank you for playing Dragon Knight.

Dragon Knight is brought to you in part by our #1 sponsor, HYPER
SISAR

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 12:13:47 PM

@ Griffith

3 days min stake should work much better than 7 days min stake, good choice. In any case, situation with block generation will go normal at some point but it is better to prevent problems at early PoS stage. As for Coin Control, I was one of the most active beta-testers of it before it was added to official Bitcoin wallet and elsewhere.There was a weeks-long extenssive testing before CC was finaly added to Bitcoin-Qt, any imaginable transaction format was tried multiple times. As stated earlier, if one selects only 1 unspent input and tries to send it there should be no change to transaction fee regradless of number of send attempts. Transaction fee will go up only if amount of data to be sent changes and / or priority (age) of selected input changes but neither of those two cases are happening here thus transaction should not change but it does.
Griffith
Legendary

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 03:38:20 PM

@ Griffith

3 days min stake should work much better than 7 days min stake, good choice. In any case, situation with block generation will go normal at some point but it is better to prevent problems at early PoS stage. As for Coin Control, I was one of the most active beta-testers of it before it was added to official Bitcoin wallet and elsewhere.There was a weeks-long extenssive testing before CC was finaly added to Bitcoin-Qt, any imaginable transaction format was tried multiple times. As stated earlier, if one selects only 1 unspent input and tries to send it there should be no change to transaction fee regradless of number of send attempts. Transaction fee will go up only if amount of data to be sent changes and / or priority (age) of selected input changes but neither of those two cases are happening here thus transaction should not change but it does.

there should be no tx fee was a true scenario before they removed the concept of a free transaction later on when bitcoin became too popular and they were no longer viable because they had soo many tx to process per block
CryptoDatabase
Legendary

Activity: 1596

https://cryptodatabase.net

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2015, 08:41:42 PM

Hello players of Dragon Knight,

The latest update has had the following changes made,

1. Added 4 new village buildings. Gold Bunker and Dragon's Nest to increase gold/dp storage. Goldmine and Dragon's Lair to produce gold/dp every hour. Upgraded accounts produce more gold/hr than the tier below them.
2. Added ability to delete villages, maximum of 10
3. Registration page has been fixed.
4. Chat has been readded

*Important note, any player who manages to find a bug in the game that lets you cheat and abuses it without telling me will be permanently banned with any pending withdrawals canceled. Rest assured that I can find those who abuse the game.

Dragon Knight is brought to you in part by our #1 sponsor, HYPER
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: