Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:36:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] LocalBitcoins.com - a location-based bitcoin to cash marketplace  (Read 125864 times)
dadach

Activity: 365
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 01:17:09 PM

i registered today, deposited 0.1, when i tried to create another address for depositing more BTC, the whole thing crashed and now i cant log in anymore...nice lol

To DA Moon!!! donations accepted >.< 38nvHaNqF5nv4ifhUyq9CChnBmRs2DSv4r
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ReBoRn

Activity: 392

Bitcoin will survive

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 03:37:11 PM

i registered today, deposited 0.1, when i tried to create another address for depositing more BTC, the whole thing crashed and now i cant log in anymore...nice lol

you must contact them throw support they will fix this all its very nice site and have good support team

yefi
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 1510

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 07:25:02 PM

Yeah, I managed to post my first ad and sell my first coin there, and now I can't log in either. Keeps throwing event IDs. Hardly inspires confidence Undecided
beatcoin007

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2013, 01:07:41 AM

It looks not quite reliable.
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2013, 10:36:41 PM

Is localbitcoins broken? I tried to find traders for cash transfers. When i want to contact him i have to set up values. BTC or EUR in order to proceed. But when i do this i get told i dont have bitcoins at localbitcoins address. Even though i want to exchange cash...

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2013, 08:34:42 PM

No answer. Not cool when in need of cash.

Ente
Legendary

Activity: 2126
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 09:40:13 AM

Is localbitcoins broken? I tried to find traders for cash transfers. When i want to contact him i have to set up values. BTC or EUR in order to proceed. But when i do this i get told i dont have bitcoins at localbitcoins address. Even though i want to exchange cash...

I only did cash trades, and always had sufficient BTC on the site, to be able to react quick.
However, localbitcoins state themselves that you are free to do transactions without the site, directly. You then don't have 1% fee. That only makes sense when you don't have to have the bitcoins on the site..
Weird. I believe their mailsupport is quicker than waiting for a reply in this thread.

Ente
UPENtXF

Activity: 125
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 11:30:15 PM

Is there any place that charts the LocalBitcoins CNY-BTC trading, the way Bitcoincharts used to show LocalBitcoins USD?

"To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete." -Buckminster Fuller
https://bisq.network/
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2013, 01:42:14 PM

What the... i cant believe it. I sent bitcoins to localbitcoins only to be able to contact a buyer of bitcoins i want to trade in cash. Without that i would not been able to contact him. Since he doesnt answer i wanted to contact another buyer but now my previous bitcoin amount is gone. Stuck with the previous buyer. I now have to upload another 4.31 bitcoins only to contact another buyer.

Sorry. Localbitcoins is dead for me now. This is so stupid... sorry. This website once was ok but that is too stupid. And i dont see a way how to get the previous bitcoins out again. At least i cant imagine how my bitcoins can get lost since i want cash. But if i really get useless USD for my Bitcoins only because localbitcoins wants some fee (or whatever they think handling it this way) then i will be really angry. I only wanted to contact the buyer with the least bitcoins to upload. I dont need USD at all.

Any alternative to localbitcoins?

By the way... the website is totally broken in FF 26.

UPENtXF

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 02:03:21 PM

http://bitcoin-otc.com/

"To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete." -Buckminster Fuller
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2013, 02:39:43 PM

I dont see how i could search for my location to find a local exchanger. The website seems to be for trades over internet but i need cash and want to buy in person.
I can ask in the thread but i doubt that there will be an exchanger near to me then.

UPENtXF

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 03:23:02 PM

I dont see how i could search for my location to find a local exchanger. The website seems to be for trades over internet but i need cash and want to buy in person.
I can ask in the thread but i doubt that there will be an exchanger near to me then.
You are right - bitcoin-otc is a pain, and has much less liquidity. It was made long before Localbitcoins.

What about meet-ups of bitcoiners in your area? Are there any meetup.com bitcoin groups, or Buttonwood exchanges, or something like Craigslist?

Perhaps, if you can find even a merchant who accepts btc, they will give you paper for it.

BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1130

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2013, 03:58:44 PM

What the... i cant believe it. I sent bitcoins to localbitcoins only to be able to contact a buyer of bitcoins i want to trade in cash. Without that i would not been able to contact him. Since he doesnt answer i wanted to contact another buyer but now my previous bitcoin amount is gone. Stuck with the previous buyer. I now have to upload another 4.31 bitcoins only to contact another buyer.

Sorry. Localbitcoins is dead for me now. This is so stupid... sorry. This website once was ok but that is too stupid. And i dont see a way how to get the previous bitcoins out again. At least i cant imagine how my bitcoins can get lost since i want cash. But if i really get useless USD for my Bitcoins only because localbitcoins wants some fee (or whatever they think handling it this way) then i will be really angry. I only wanted to contact the buyer with the least bitcoins to upload. I dont need USD at all.

First, you can contact any buyer or seller and not lose your BTC or USD.  If you want to contact a BTC seller just open a contract for any amount and start sending messages.

To contact a BTC buyer simply open up a contract for the minimum amount they will accept and start sending messages.  People do this all the time.

Now that you are done talking (or they do not respond) you should be able to simply cancel the contract and get your BTC back.

Let me know if that does not work.  It should.

I use localbitcoins all the time.  It is a great site.  I have never had any issues with it at all so I am very surprised you are having an issue.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
UPENtXF

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 04:19:07 PM

I use localbitcoins all the time.  It is a great site.  I have never had any issues with it at all so I am very surprised you are having an issue.
+1

SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2013, 10:22:04 PM

First, you can contact any buyer or seller and not lose your BTC or USD.  If you want to contact a BTC seller just open a contract for any amount and start sending messages.

To contact a BTC buyer simply open up a contract for the minimum amount they will accept and start sending messages.  People do this all the time.

Now that you are done talking (or they do not respond) you should be able to simply cancel the contract and get your BTC back.

Let me know if that does not work.  It should.

Yes... it appears i dont lose the BTC. But i have to upload them. Im not sure what happens if i cancel a trade before getting an answer. Can the other party answer then still? If not i would need to upload as many bitcoins as needed to meet the minimum exchange value of each trader only to get in touch with them. That wasnt the case a year ago or so.

Any amount isnt possible. You need at least to meet the minimum trading. If a user trades 2000-5000 then you need to upload bitcoins for 2000 fiat. Only to get in touch.

I cancelled now. And i could send them back to my wallet.

I guess its a great site if you would need the bitcoins at the website anyway. Because you want to use SEPA or similar things. But only to being able to contact traders to exchange bitcoins and cash in person you need to upload bitcoins in the height of each traders minimum trading volume? Im not convinced.

You are right - bitcoin-otc is a pain, and has much less liquidity. It was made long before Localbitcoins.

What about meet-ups of bitcoiners in your area? Are there any meetup.com bitcoin groups, or Buttonwood exchanges, or something like Craigslist?

Perhaps, if you can find even a merchant who accepts btc, they will give you paper for it.

Nothing like that here. I know one trader in my target city but he doesnt have enough fiat now. Looks like i have to use my bank account then as alternative.

Anyway... i liked localbitcoins when i simply could contact traders without the need of uploading many bitcoins... at least there is no risk that the coins vanish because the other trader accepts "the offer" even though it might be for a wrong currency or for a wrong value.

BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1130

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2013, 12:07:47 AM

...at least there is no risk that the coins vanish because the other trader accepts "the offer" even though it might be for a wrong currency or for a wrong value.

This cannot happen because you have to release them once you are satisfied you have the money for the contract - usually during the face to face meeting.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2013, 09:23:52 PM

...at least there is no risk that the coins vanish because the other trader accepts "the offer" even though it might be for a wrong currency or for a wrong value.

This cannot happen because you have to release them once you are satisfied you have the money for the contract - usually during the face to face meeting.

I guess you overread my "at least there is no risk...". Smiley

Jcw188

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Carpe Diem

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 04:30:07 AM

I'm interested in buying a small amount of btc in Boston, MA.  For cash.  Is this site a good option? I assume I meet the person and give cash. But how do I know they will then send btc an not just disappear?

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 4606

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 07:52:42 AM

I'm interested in buying a small amount of btc in Boston, MA.  For cash.  Is this site a good option? I assume I meet the person and give cash. But how do I know they will then send btc an not just disappear?

Don't let them leave until you are sure you have the bitcoins.

I mean, if they pull a gun it would be best not to risk your life, but in general, you prevent them from leaving with the cash the same way you would if you were meeting up to sell anything else.  If they take the cash and don't immediately release the bitcoins to you, shout thief, call the cops, etc.  They've got your cash and clearly have provided you with nothing in return.  I haven't had any such issues yet after a few hundred exchanges, so I'm not typically very concerned about it.

If you are meeting in a populated public place, there aren't too many people who are going to go to all the trouble of setting up an exchange at a website just to take the cash and run.  It would be easier, faster, and more profitable for them just to go to that same public place on their own, wait for the cashier to open the cash register, reach across the counter and grab a handful of cash, and then run.
dscotese

Activity: 444

I prefer evolution to revolution.

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2013, 07:04:52 AM

I've received several emails from localbitcoins indicating that someone requested that my password be reset.  I did not make such a request until tonight when I found that I was unable to log in.  Has anyone heard of this?  I've been logging in with the same password (and two-factor authentication) for longer than I care to admit, so I know I'm not mistyping the password, and caps lock was not on.

Here's the weird part:  When I DID request the password change, I didn't get an email.  I still haven't gotten an email.  I created a new account with a different email address and got the verification email.  Then I used that new account to try the password-reset function, and I didn't did get an email for the new one.

I suspect my account might be flagged (I hope!) and that is why I am not getting the password reset email.

Any insights would be appreciated!

Dave Scotese.

I like to provide some work at no charge to prove my valueAvoid supporting terrorism!
Satoshi Nakamoto: "He ought to find it more profitable to play by the rules."
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: