Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 08:52:50 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 131 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What is your trading strategy?  (Read 304622 times)
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2015, 02:28:21 PM
Last edit: May 08, 2015, 02:47:46 PM by deisik

I guess that trial and error is for the veteran not in beginner using because that is still hard to predict even tough you already calculate well but you still have a chance to miss it again. And for the veteran i guess they already know how to calculate it well
But all of we or all of the buyers of bitcoin used a trial and error because you wont perfect it if you didn't failed. But i think veterans tooks 1-2 years to master how to calculate trends. It takes time Sad

In the cryptocoin world it is not about calculating trends. It is about waiting until some big fish decides to pump one or another coin and jumping on the bandwagon (and off) at the right moment...

Just don't get delusional

But if you just wait for the big fish to do that. You are not making any progress, how about if they do nothing? We are just sitting like that and didnt get any profit? I dont want it to be like that, if everytime we can get profit why we dont do that? Why we are just waiting for them to pump it? We can try it other way right?

What I said is not relevant to day trading or scalping (but this is not for newbies) where you are trying to catch small price movements (fluctuations) in the right direction and therefore don't care where the price will go tomorrow (i.e. you don't follow mid-to-long term trend). Furthermore, there are a lot of cryptocoins out there. Personally, I don't watch them closely, but surely one of them gets pumped right now (and others get dumped), since big fish also don't like doing nothing. In fact, trying it any other way (i.e. not following big fish) is a sure way to lose in the end (and not only in the cryptocoin world)...

The most recent example that I saw pumped and dumped (I even profited a little, just for fun) was the DarkNote coin. Also noteworthy is huge prolonged dumping of Dogecoin as of late

oxiyusuf

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 06:50:54 AM

I guess that trial and error is for the veteran not in beginner using because that is still hard to predict even tough you already calculate well but you still have a chance to miss it again. And for the veteran i guess they already know how to calculate it well
But all of we or all of the buyers of bitcoin used a trial and error because you wont perfect it if you didn't failed. But i think veterans tooks 1-2 years to master how to calculate trends. It takes time Sad

In the cryptocoin world it is not about calculating trends. It is about waiting until some big fish decides to pump one or another coin and jumping on the bandwagon (and off) at the right moment...

Just don't get delusional

But if you just wait for the big fish to do that. You are not making any progress, how about if they do nothing? We are just sitting like that and didnt get any profit? I dont want it to be like that, if everytime we can get profit why we dont do that? Why we are just waiting for them to pump it? We can try it other way right?

What I said is not relevant to day trading or scalping (but this is not for newbies) where you are trying to catch small price movements (fluctuations) in the right direction and therefore don't care where the price will go tomorrow (i.e. you don't follow mid-to-long term trend). Furthermore, there are a lot of cryptocoins out there. Personally, I don't watch them closely, but surely one of them gets pumped right now (and others get dumped), since big fish also don't like doing nothing. In fact, trying it any other way (i.e. not following big fish) is a sure way to lose in the end (and not only in the cryptocoin world)...

The most recent example that I saw pumped and dumped (I even profited a little, just for fun) was the DarkNote coin. Also noteworthy is huge prolonged dumping of Dogecoin as of late
we had better use the quick method of selling and buying fast, because if we are too long to hold our coins, sometimes we will be hooked to sell it at a cheaper price, it is of course detrimental to us.
When waiting for the big fish, sometimes the price becomes unpredictable, perhaps more decisive veteran experience in this regard
Dotakels

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 12:27:13 PM

waiting for the wave to start, then i buy or sell depend on trend
For the newbie you always should be careful with your trading. No one knows when the trend ends. You may be left at the peak and not get out quickly. Don't invest too much at the beginning.
Observe first the trends and if you see that the trends is good. now you can invest your money any value you want.

Its not that simple. If youe really know the first trend, bitcoin is too volatile and you need to play it fast if not you will lose some profit. Like for example the trend is going up and you are buying and wait it till its highest then suddenly drop instantly and you still hope it will raise again. That will make you lose a lot from it
Yeah its not simple if you are beginner in cryptocurrency buy if you are veteran and you know what will happened to the trend for sure you wouldnt loss any bitcoin. In beginner you would have a trial and error so that you can predict when the trends going up or going down.

Do you trade intraday or on longer timeframes? I would like to know how often you trade and what chart time resolution you use. Because its really not seldom for me that i think the trend is clear but it breaks.
I do not often to trade, i more likely to offer a service so that theres no risk. But i know the strategies of trading like i said but low sell high but it doesn't mean that is simple like that.
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 12:42:49 PM

My trading strategy is to buy a coin when there were negative news and the price dropped as a result of bad news. Then hodling it for a couple of days/weeks and sell at a higher price. This worked very well so far, not for all investements, but for at leas 3/4 of them.
Dotakels

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 04:14:22 AM

My trading strategy is to buy a coin when there were negative news and the price dropped as a result of bad news. Then hodling it for a couple of days/weeks and sell at a higher price. This worked very well so far, not for all investements, but for at leas 3/4 of them.
Like pumped and dumped? but in pumped and dumped are using altcoins not really bitcoin because the price of altcoins is lower than bitcoin so that it is better to buy and sell.
BTCevo
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 08:45:25 AM

Which coin did you buy? I guess not all coin with the same condition can last long if they going to drop? 3/4 is already so many of it but you still need a lot of information of that coin if not you wont be able to get profit from it. I never do alt coin trading, I just get from bitcoin, if you can share that is a good things
Nrcewker
Copper Member

Activity: 2212
Merit: 536

Promotional Campaign Manager|Telegram @NrcewkerBTC

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2015, 09:03:46 AM

Which coin did you buy? I guess not all coin with the same condition can last long if they going to drop? 3/4 is already so many of it but you still need a lot of information of that coin if not you wont be able to get profit from it. I never do alt coin trading, I just get from bitcoin, if you can share that is a good things

afraid that price never return to the origin before negative news (wthether $300 again?)

H.W.Z

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 09:25:08 AM

Like pumped and dumped? but in pumped and dumped are using altcoins not really bitcoin because the price of altcoins is lower than bitcoin so that it is better to buy and sell.
Coins choosing is playing the most important part of the profitability of your trading. If you choose the wrong coins, the big whales just pump, dump and never show up again. And you are not selling out before too late, then you are losing.

Dotakels

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 02:06:48 PM

Coins choosing is playing the most important part of the profitability of your trading. If you choose the wrong coins, the big whales just pump, dump and never show up again. And you are not selling out before too late, then you are losing.
Chose the right coins. Classification of coins affect its price and its vulnerability to sell the cheapest one the have a greater chance to buy and you can also add it price better than you bought it.
fox19891989

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 03:35:55 PM

simple strategy : sell 1 BTC and buy 1,1 BTC (after) ... with fixed orders (and an amount of BTC stocked on the virtual exchange).
volatility of BTC do the job (nightly, usually).

if you are lucky ... bear or whale test the high/low trading of the exchange and you can earn like 2 BTC in 1 night. Cheesy

But trading is dangerous, risky, and highly profitable, be careful. Easy to be broke or rich, haha
BTCevo
Legendary

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 04:32:00 PM

simple strategy : sell 1 BTC and buy 1,1 BTC (after) ... with fixed orders (and an amount of BTC stocked on the virtual exchange).

if you are lucky ... bear or whale test the high/low trading of the exchange and you can earn like 2 BTC in 1 night. Cheesy

But trading is dangerous, risky, and highly profitable, be careful. Easy to be broke or rich, haha

I dont think it will be that easy. How can you get that 0.1 that fast just by trading in one night? And again you double your bitcoin just in one night? That is really hard to believe because the price must be down till 1/2 and then you can sell it but the price for now is not that high ti be truth so its impossible to make that trade
AdamSmith

Activity: 142
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 05:01:53 PM

Figure out supply and demand and check if the price is balanced.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 06:16:50 PM

you are advasing a pure gambling way, i don't really like it, i like to play more conservatively, buying if the price drop of 5% and dump with the same % for example, but sometime i follow my mood
PenguinFire

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

That Darn Cat

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 06:41:34 PM

The few times I have traded it was after listening to bitcoin podcasts for days and I felt I had some little incite.  Believe me, listening to people discuss crytos for a few days is not enough.   

Dotakels

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 03:56:23 AM

you cant assure that you would earn in this way because of risk. I think the best way is to wait the right time to do it or to sell bitcoin. This strategy have low risk or no risk and also the profit that you can earn are big.
BTCevo
Legendary

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 01:00:56 PM

you cant assure that you would earn in this way because of risk. I think the best way is to wait the right time to do it or to sell bitcoin. This strategy have low risk or no risk and also the profit that you can earn are big.

Every strategy always have a risk. The problem is which strategy are we gonna use to minimalize our risk and get good payment. Because if all of them sure got risk no matter it is high risk or low risk still you have a risk to loss your bitcoin
fox19891989

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 01:41:33 PM

Actually I find bitcoin is always pumped and dumped, so buy now and sell higher, and then after a few days or weeks just rebuy bitcoin, I am sure it will be dumped. But in this way you may lose the huge pump, like btc in November and December in 2013. At that time, when you sell bitcoin, you couldn't buy lower after you sold, so it's important to judge bullish or bearish market.
Troonetpt

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 01:55:37 PM

Buy,buy,buy, then never sell it until the price got a new level.
I believe bitcoin's price can be much high than now.
Dotakels

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 02:02:32 PM

Every strategy always have a risk. The problem is which strategy are we gonna use to minimalize our risk and get good payment. Because if all of them sure got risk no matter it is high risk or low risk still you have a risk to loss your bitcoin
but the higher risk the higher you can earn. but you won't able to gamble your money that you have been work so hard to lose. Its better to save even if only have a small interest still your money safe. We are talking about safety.
katana

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 02:46:40 PM

but the higher risk the higher you can earn. but you won't able to gamble your money that you have been work so hard to lose. Its better to save even if only have a small interest still your money safe. We are talking about safety.
Not really in crypto world! Even you earn interests from bitcoin deposit, you are giving up the control of your coins. The website giving you interest could run away with your money! The safest way is to keep ur coins in your wallet!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 131 »
  Print  

Jump to: