Bitcoin Forum
July 10, 2024, 03:16:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 ... 131 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What is your trading strategy?  (Read 304623 times)
Altcoinsupporter

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 02:17:10 PM

The best thing in trading is that you must be for sure that you must earn profit with it and that is the most important thing otherwise it will be sin for you and that must not happen.
But there is also a chance that there are more people now that is going to have some Bitcoin and they all want to make profit with it.
rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 04:15:29 PM

As the saying goes, if you don't have a plan, plan to lose.  And it seems to be even more important how are you going to deal with pending losses versus what you are going to do with expanding profits...

Just sit and watch your account being wiped away is hardly a good idea
I guess, you forget about the beauty of bitcoin investment trading.
Many people are just watching their bitcoin is a growing in value over time. They do not need of any strategy literally to follow for making profit from their bitcoins.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 05:38:11 AM

well not daily but you can aim at an overall +ev esperience in the long run, unless you are playing in a market where very bot is better than you

And while we are at it, could you as well tell me how you aim at an overall +ev experience? I mean the gory details. Or is it just a more subtle way to say "buy low, sell high"?

no you just need the correct strategy for trading, i'm not an expert but there was a guy doing really well, and he described his bot in an artyicle

he also say that right now it is harder because there are many good bot out there, so everything is more levelled, but you can still shine

trading is not much different than poker, someone must be +ev and the other are all -ev
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2016, 06:06:12 AM

well not daily but you can aim at an overall +ev esperience in the long run, unless you are playing in a market where very bot is better than you

And while we are at it, could you as well tell me how you aim at an overall +ev experience? I mean the gory details. Or is it just a more subtle way to say "buy low, sell high"?

no you just need the correct strategy for trading, i'm not an expert but there was a guy doing really well, and he described his bot in an artyicle

If I'm not mistaken, that thread was about an arbitrage bot, I've seen it (and your posts in it, lol). If this is not the case, could you please post a link to the article you mention?

Cyaren

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 06:39:39 AM

My trading strategy is to use your common sense and never trade more than you can afford to lose. Obviously common sense is required in doing everything, but I believe doing trading requires most of it.

I take trading like gambling, except it's a bit less based on chance. If I believe that a coin is a pump and dump scheme, I would not invest in it. Also, buy low sell high. Simple arbitrage. You can never go wrong with that Wink
tonlong

Activity: 726

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 06:47:14 AM

I buy low sell high. My best is to read the newspaper and try to figure out big, long term moves. What I don't do is watch CNBC. Everytime I do that I get sucked in a throw money away.
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2016, 11:35:11 AM
Last edit: May 25, 2016, 11:48:55 AM by deisik

trading is not much different than poker, someone must be +ev and the other are all -ev

I see that you don't have a clue what trading is actually about, lol. I don't know about poker, but if markets are efficient (no arbitrage opportunities, no insider trading), and all traders have equal access to the same information sources, there cannot be even theoretically such a strategy that would give you +ev. If someone is winning, he is either just lucky enough or he can somehow arbitrage the system. And just because some traders can actually do that (e.g. have access to insider info, can front-run other traders' orders, etc), the rest of the gang is bound to fail in the long run...

There is no Holy Grail (for everyone, lol)

Amph
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 06:37:51 AM

I see that you don't have a clue what trading is actually about, lol. I don't know about poker, but if markets are efficient (no arbitrage opportunities, no insider trading), and all traders have equal access to the same information sources, there cannot be even theoretically such a strategy that would give you +ev. If someone is winning, he is either just lucky enough or he can somehow arbitrage the system. And just because some traders can actually do that (e.g. have access to insider info, can front-run other traders' orders, etc), the rest of the gang is bound to fail in the long run...

so you say that i don't have a clue, and then you say that you don't know about poker? this is fucking hilarious, i think it's you that you don't know about the difference between the two

and i can tell you that there is no much difference, i played with both, and while i'm not good at gambling, i did grasp perfectly what those two are about

every big poker player will tell you the same, they are very akin

btw the thread is not about arbitrage but about trading, read the title
prtty2gal2

Activity: 1092
Merit: 523

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 06:47:35 AM

I do not have a real strategy to trade, I just sometimes take the risk to trade on the right moment.
The thing I mostly do is looking at the upcoming future and the price it has.

I also have the same thought, just sometimes trade when you want, I do not have a real plan but I just look at the prices and sometimes at the upcoming altcoins that are growing.
When you are trading without any proper plan, then you must hold your buying for some longer period. Otherwise, making profit consistently with your trading would be very much difficult. When you're holding for some period, then the bitcoin prices would be changing significantly. But holding your altcoins would be a riskier one.
Exactly. Anyone can trade bitcoin without any strategy or even without any experience also. Because, in long-term definitely bitcoin trading would be profitable. Just buy and watch your profits growing.
Yes, the passive type of bitcoin trading does not require any strategy to follow. Simply buying and holding would give you more profits over time. But we definitely needed a strategy to make profits from every swings of  bitcoin price movements.
wildan88
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1046

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 06:58:01 AM

I do not have a real strategy to trade, I just sometimes take the risk to trade on the right moment.
The thing I mostly do is looking at the upcoming future and the price it has.

I also have the same thought, just sometimes trade when you want, I do not have a real plan but I just look at the prices and sometimes at the upcoming altcoins that are growing.
When you are trading without any proper plan, then you must hold your buying for some longer period. Otherwise, making profit consistently with your trading would be very much difficult. When you're holding for some period, then the bitcoin prices would be changing significantly. But holding your altcoins would be a riskier one.
Exactly. Anyone can trade bitcoin without any strategy or even without any experience also. Because, in long-term definitely bitcoin trading would be profitable. Just buy and watch your profits growing.
Yes, the passive type of bitcoin trading does not require any strategy to follow. Simply buying and holding would give you more profits over time. But we definitely needed a strategy to make profits from every swings of  bitcoin price movements.
yes trade bitcoin does not necessarily need a strategy. you only need to monitor and follow it. in contrast to trade altcoins who really need a strategy that is a little tricky, but with the trade altcoins you can get greater profits.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2016, 07:02:46 AM
Last edit: May 26, 2016, 08:13:48 AM by deisik

so you say that i don't have a clue, and then you say that you don't know about poker? this is fucking hilarious, i think it's you that you don't know about the difference between the two

You don't have a clue about trading. I say nothing about poker (except that I don't know anything substantial about it). That's why I talk only about trading, not about the difference between the two. It may well happen that in poker there are winning strategies, though I pretty much don't care...

But you seem to have failed to realize this

deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2016, 07:53:11 AM
Last edit: May 26, 2016, 05:59:26 PM by deisik

Arbitrage is necessarily a part of trading, your words prove spot-on your lack of understanding, your incongruent failure to see the whole picture, lol

Or your hideous hypocrisy (just in case), wtf

BitsandBites

Activity: 350

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 07:06:02 AM

With trading you must dont lose any money and that is because the meaning is that you want to earn some profit and that would be nice if that is possible for you.
But you have also to know that trading will be only good to people when they cant sell their coin for a lot of profit.
ShooterXD

Activity: 924
Merit: 501

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 11:34:23 AM

Stay read toblostbsome money. Trade is a lucky game and knowledge game.
You win or you lost.
Read about coin before invest, search About projects and politcs to be able make a good trade.
Dont be a panic, you can lost your money or your profit.

Amph
Legendary

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 12:56:46 PM

You don't have a clue about trading. I say nothing about poker (except that I don't know anything substantial about it). That's why I talk only about trading, not about the difference between the two. It may well happen that in poker there are winning strategies, though I pretty much don't care...

i have a clue about trading and i said to you that it's akin to poker, now you seems to not know about poker, so how can you even think about understanding the difference? pointless discussion

and based on what especially you say that i don't have a clue, if not about the fact that you think it's not similar to poker but again you don't know shit about it lol, which was my only argument there btw, utterly no-sense

Arbitrage is necessarily a part of trading, your words prove spot-on your lack of understanding, your incongruent failure to see the whole picture, lol

Or your hideous hypocrisy (just in case), wtf

again pointless argument, trading in general is not arbitrage only, it's about trading you do on exchange and the gain come from your skill not from already established profit opportunity, arbitrage is another thing even if it is a form of trading we are not talking exclusively about it

you point is moot again, poker is much more akin than arbitrage to trading itself, but oh wait you don't know about poker, so again uselesses discussion just for spamming no-sense
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2016, 01:53:25 PM
Last edit: May 27, 2016, 04:55:33 PM by deisik

i have a clue about trading and i said to you that it's akin to poker, now you seems to not know about poker, so how can you even think about understanding the difference? pointless discussion

Nowhere do I say about the difference, I specifically point this out. Ferstein? You go and read my post(s) again and again, until you finally come to understand that I don't need to know a fuck about poker (blackjack, preference, or whatever) to make a conclusion about trading. You can read this last part a few times as well, wtf...

You may really want to take some cognition-enhancing drugs

deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2016, 02:03:57 PM
Last edit: May 27, 2016, 05:17:36 PM by deisik

again pointless argument, trading in general is not arbitrage only, it's about trading you do on exchange and the gain come from your skill not from already established profit opportunity, arbitrage is another thing even if it is a form of trading we are not talking exclusively about it

As I said, you are clueless about trading. Most likely, you are clueless about poker too, but that I don't know for sure, lol. It seems that it's beyond your cognitive abilities to grasp that arbitrageurs are selling losses to the whole shebang, that they heavily distort the chances of those whose gains "come from your skill", you moron. Their profits are necessarily someone else's losses. It is not another thing, it is specifically the thing that makes trading a losing game for the total majority of traders in the long run...

You can't win against the house, and those who gain profits from "established profit opportunity" are the house. Anyone who begs to differ is either as clueless or a hypocrite

Arpetuos

Activity: 212
Merit: 110

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 04:48:55 PM

It's funny to see and know that newbies are mostly waiting for the price to go up before they buy anything.

And after they have bought, they most likely will complain and say ; Always when I buy it goes down, Bitcoin will never work.

They blame Bitcoin for their own failure  Cheesy

I know people like it, doing it with every market title without stopping changing market...
Let them fail.
barnes13

Activity: 1274
Merit: 521

7enius - Your Cryptocurrency Marketing Consultant

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2016, 03:12:58 AM

It's funny to see and know that newbies are mostly waiting for the price to go up before they buy anything.

And after they have bought, they most likely will complain and say ; Always when I buy it goes down, Bitcoin will never work.

They blame Bitcoin for their own failure  Cheesy

I know people like it, doing it with every market title without stopping changing market...
Let them fail.

and the newbie is me  Wink
Amph
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 06:00:18 AM

As I said, you are clueless about trading. Most likely, you are clueless about poker too, but that I don't know for sure, lol. It seems that it's beyond your cognitive abilities to grasp that arbitrageurs are selling losses to the whole shebang, that they heavily distort the chances of those whose gains "come from your skill", you moron. Their profits are necessarily someone else's losses. It is not another thing, it is specifically the thing that makes trading a losing game for the total majority of traders in the long run...

You can't win against the house, and those who gain profits from "established profit opportunity" are the house. Anyone who begs to differ is either as clueless or a hypocrite

you are basing you "you are clueless about x thing" on nothing, but just on the fact that i presented to you the difference between poker and trading, but wait you don't know anything about poker

so how you can know that i'm clueless about trading, if you can't say that it's not akin to poker, which was my whole argument?

it's not about "i didn't talk about the difference, like you said" it's about the fact that you need to know the difference if you want to say that i'm clueless

seeing how your only criteria for knowing that i don't know shit about trading, is comparing it to poker, which again was my initial point

but as usual you are not understanding what i'm saying
Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 ... 131 »
  Print  

Jump to: