Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 08:33:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Announcement - ASIC mining processor by Butterfly Labs  (Read 227491 times)
SellingMyGPUs

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 08, 2013, 08:35:18 PM

who the F are you?
Somebody who has been around long enough to remember this gem:

http://www.geekwire.com/2011/bitcoin-befuddles-customs-agents-thwarting-seattle-visit-digital-currency-guru/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 08, 2013, 09:24:11 PM

FYI Smiley

I've got my plane tickets to BFL - Kansas City today (email booked digital ticket details from the travel agent) arranged by Josh
So my flight to the USA, leaving Sydney on the 17th Feb (my time) - to be back here in Aus again on the 23rd.

... so I going from Oz (Aus) to Kansas (City) ... isn't that back to front? Cheesy

That's quite the trip! How many days do they have you touring the facilities? Anything specific on the agenda?

Agenda: To get their stories straight so when he reports back on the forums it is exactly how BFL wants him to report things lol.

There's a reason why your ignore is so dark ...

You are so far off the mark and you've made a comment based on zero knowledge of the situation ... or is your statement simply to mean that you can easily be bought and just assume others are like you?

Here's most of the opening and closing of the recent PM I sent Josh to find out where they were at and then got the visit finally organised.

Feb-2

Hey Josh,

you got any update on where your guys are at?

I'm certainly not someone to promote your guys unsubstantiated claims coz
of your crap history (even with the ASIC), and you know full well I've never been
a fan of BFL, but the Avalon people are really pissing me off, Tom's gone down
the drain, and I would certainly be happy to be able to run a BFL ASIC on an rpi
and show it leaving Avalon's shit in the dust.

So ... when is anything happening at BFL?

P.S. if anything I've said on the forum lately has pissed your guys off - oh well,
damn shame Smiley

Uh,
You do realize you have been critical of Avalon for a while now. (Beyond simply the source code not being provided.)

You complained (quite openly) that you weren't getting free [development] hardware from them.

The PM you posted on the top just goes to confirm what is kinda plainly obvious. You may not like BFL <cough> but you didn't quite bash them nearly as hard as Avalon.

For the matter of record, yes, Kano is getting free devices from BFL when he leaves the trip.

----------------

No, of course this won't color his review! heh.

Anyway, if you really think about it, at this point Kano's visit has pretty much lost it's intended purpose. Which was to prove whether BFL was real or not. At this point they are about to ship....so what is the point in that again? It becomes a rather redundant effort and probably a waste of money.

Doesn't matter anyway, Kano's going to Kansas. He going to get a few BFL devices to Vaseline/lube the review in a positive direction and a few good shots of people working on benches to put together the machines. Perhaps some shots of the staff in a photo OP and finally when he gets back he will write a positive review of whatever it is he saw there.

I believe his review would have been useful in October 2012. Perhaps even November or December 2012.

That would have been interesting to see the state of things way back then. Not now that the party balloons have been put up and a "proper" implementation of the working business had come to life.

Anyway, that is my take on it. Expect the article soon.
Korbman
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 08, 2013, 09:30:01 PM

And this is somehow different from Avalon giving Jeff and the Foundation each a device? Jeff may have paid for his, but he still got the first one...out of 3(?) units so far.

Anyway, if you really think about it, at this point Kano's visit has pretty much lost it's intended purpose. Which was to prove whether BFL was real or not. At this point they are about to ship....so what is the point in that again? It becomes a rather redundant effort and probably a waste of money.

Yeah, unfortunately I agree here. The point before was to see the process in action...not touring the facility as they supposedly pack the final units for shipping.

PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2013, 09:35:52 PM

And this is somehow different from Avalon giving Jeff and the Foundation each a device? Jeff may have paid for his, but he still got the first one...out of 3(?) units so far.
The former was a donation. The latter is paid for in full like any other customer.

The circumstances turned out to be Yifu importing it by hand and giving it to the Bitcoin Foundation in person. That is why there is a video out there with him and the Bitcoin Foundation members laughing it up with the device humming away in the background.

Yeah, unfortunately I agree here. The point before was to see the process in action...not touring the facility as they supposedly pack the final units for shipping.
Ditto.

I don't see what is going to be achieved now by the visit.
jborkl

Activity: 246
Merit: 250

Team Heritage Motorsports

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2013, 09:38:29 PM

Well, Like or hate BFL they are bringing Luke-Jr and Kanoi in, for a entire week.

Kanoi and Con provide support on IRC all the time, they answer any question (except CPU mining) very fast and provide excellent support.

I will use my BFL (if and when I get them) with confidence that it has full software developer support.  It will support both major work protocols- you are free to pick either GBT or Stratum.

Without this support and a binary available, If I had a Avalon I would be shit out of luck if something went wrong.

Of course Kanoi should come home with product, he is supporting it.

I guess you can write your own code, since you are so eager to bash Kanoi?

kaerf

Activity: 631
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 08, 2013, 09:39:35 PM

The former was a donation. The latter is paid for in full like any other customer.

The circumstances turned out to be Yifu importing it by hand and giving it to the Bitcoin Foundation in person. That is why there is a video out there with him and the Bitcoin Foundation members laughing it up with the device humming away in the background.

Ditto.

jeff did get a 25BTC "donation" from avalon after he ordered.
beekeeper

Activity: 406

LTC

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2013, 09:47:43 PM

Well, Like or hate BFL they are bringing Luke-Jr and Kanoi in, for a entire week.

Wait, you kidding, both is same room? I noticed Kano carries a ninja sword lately...

25Khs at 5W Litecoin USB dongle (FPGA), 45kHs overclocked
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=310926
Litecoin FPGA shop -> http://ltcgear.com
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2013, 09:51:25 PM

Kanoi and Con provide support on IRC all the time, they answer any question (except CPU mining) very fast and provide excellent support.

I will use my BFL (if and when I get them) with confidence that it has full software developer support.  It will support both major work protocols- you are free to pick either GBT or Stratum.

Without this support and a binary available, If I had a Avalon I would be shit out of luck if something went wrong.

Of course Kanoi should come home with product, he is supporting it.

I guess you can write your own code, since you are so eager to bash Kanoi?
It's not bashing as pointing out the obvious.

He admitted it a while back that he thought he was entitled to free hardware. (Under the guise of providing support)

When I brought up the idea of a monthly re-payment plan for the hardware...guess what?
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2013, 09:52:33 PM

Ditto.

jeff did get a 25BTC "donation" from avalon after he ordered.
Thats called a partial refund. He offered that information freely as well.
nathanrees19

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 08, 2013, 11:29:51 PM

Is it really a good idea to have both of them at the same place at the same time? Tongue
beekeeper

Activity: 406

LTC

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2013, 11:49:07 PM

Is it really a good idea to have both of them at the same place at the same time? Tongue

yeah man, nobody seems so notice, but we are developing here a "bonnie situation":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7yO4e9h5Mg

PS: pls excuse racism and violence, I'm not racist at all, I live in Europe in a country where black people are welcome, its a funny 90's movie and one of the best.. Cheesy

25Khs at 5W Litecoin USB dongle (FPGA), 45kHs overclocked
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=310926
Litecoin FPGA shop -> http://ltcgear.com
SLok

Activity: 568
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 09, 2013, 12:08:09 AM

How come the change from yochdog to Luke-Jr as co-visitor?

WARNING! Don't trade BTC with Bruno Kucinskas aka Gleb Gamow, Phinnaeus Gage, etc Laundering BTC from anonymous sellers, avoid!https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=649176.msg7279994#msg7279994 #TELLFBI #TELLKSAG #TELLIRS WARNING! Darin M. Bicknell, a proclaimed atheist, teaching at the Jakarta CanadianMontessori School. Drop your kids there at your own risk! WARNING! Christian Otzipka - Hildesheim is a known group-buy scammer, avoid! WARNING! Frizz Supertramp, faker with dozens of accounts here! WARNING! Christian "2 coins to see SLOk's" Antkow, still playing his little microphone...WARNING! Slobodan "Stolen Valor" Bogovac, faking being a ProfessorWARNING!Marion Sydney Lynn, google him, errr her, errr.. and lol
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 09, 2013, 12:47:12 AM

What happened to sending Yochdog?

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
February 09, 2013, 01:11:14 AM

Curious about Luke's weapon...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holy_Hand_Grenade_of_Antioch
coblee
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1653
Merit: 1286

Creator of Litecoin. Cryptocurrency enthusiast.

View Profile
February 09, 2013, 01:14:22 AM

-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2013, 01:28:27 AM

Wait, you kidding, both is same room? I noticed Kano carries a ninja sword lately...

Curious about Luke's weapon...
He will stand unarmed in front of Kano's cold satanic blade and allow the lord to protect him.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
Photon939

Activity: 452

View Profile
February 09, 2013, 01:33:15 AM

Apparently BFL's chips have left the fab:

Originally Posted by ShoutBox
@BFL_StevenM : Chips have shipped in bulk! Waiting for arrival...
(...) @BFL_StevenM : So, we just barely got the final sign off because one of top-level engineer at one of the companies (who MUST certify their result) goes on holiday at the end of today.
(...) @BFL_StevenM : I think we have just a few samples from the bumper. The bulk shipment should be going to them, then us.
abracadabra

Activity: 956
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 09, 2013, 01:41:59 AM

(...) @BFL_StevenM : So, we just barely got the final sign off because one of top-level engineer at one of the companies (who MUST certify their result) goes on holiday at the end of today.
(...) @BFL_StevenM : I think we have just a few samples from the bumper. The bulk shipment should be going to them, then us.

Elvis has left the building?
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 09, 2013, 01:46:15 AM

There's no legitimate reason left now for BFL not to reveal which fab they used.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
poon-TANG

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 09, 2013, 03:55:34 AM

BitSyncom,
Maybe you should stop chatting with one, who not even your customer and spend little more time for your real customers? We haven't heard anything about batch #1 shipping since Jan 29(?), and anything about batch #2 from Feb 2. Please take some time, and update status for your customers pleasure.
Thank you.

PS: Even more pleasure for you customers would be an answers at your support helpdesk.

... how about going into your own thread and not hi-jacking another BFL thread.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: