Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 11:39:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [VNL] Vanillacoin Beta Pre-Release  (Read 48170 times)
Jookly
Legendary

Activity: 1131
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 06:44:11 PM

nobody is running the mac client?
kondiomir
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1000

Twitter @Acimirov

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 06:46:03 PM

I think nobody running any client. It is not launched IMHO.
romawi

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 06:49:15 PM

We are running on testnet.

win 64 and 32 ok,
I have no mac.  Grin

enerbyte

Activity: 556
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 08:22:04 PM

all good here, finding some blocks, waiting for the release.
ig0tik3d
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 08:52:19 PM

on my pc wallet use only 1 core to mine or it's specific of vanillacoin?
romawi

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 08:57:28 PM

on my pc wallet use only 1 core to mine or it's specific of vanillacoin?

Yes it is. Mine is using only 15-50 % of 1 core.

NoobKidOnTheBlock

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 09:30:44 PM

I think if my client is running fine and so is a lot of other peoples and they aren't having any problems with this coin then why should we suffer and have to get rid of the coins we worked for? That makes no sense at all! POW which is what I have been doing since I downloaded the wallet and started mining this coin Smiley Sorry there wasn't a mac available or linux or whatever but I just don't see how that could be justified in having people test the net then say "Okay there weren't any problems so now all your coins you mined are useless and you have to start from scratch again!" That would be like me being a solo miner bitching because when a coin launches I don't have a super huge farming rig to mine the shit outta the coin.  Now numerous people have stated that they are finding blocks just fine and everything is working fine right?  I dunno I just feel kinda ripped off if I lose all the coins I've been mining that's all. Cheers Smiley

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇
............NoobKidOnThe.BLOCK.....

romawi

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 09:35:02 PM

I think if my client is running fine and so is a lot of other peoples and they aren't having any problems with this coin then why should we suffer and have to get rid of the coins we worked for? That makes no sense at all! POW which is what I have been doing since I downloaded the wallet and started mining this coin Smiley Sorry there wasn't a mac available or linux or whatever but I just don't see how that could be justified in having people test the net then say "Okay there weren't any problems so now all your coins you mined are useless and you have to start from scratch again!" That would be like me being a solo miner bitching because when a coin launches I don't have a super huge farming rig to mine the shit outta the coin.  Now numerous people have stated that they are finding blocks just fine and everything is working fine right?  I dunno I just feel kinda ripped off if I lose all the coins I've been mining that's all. Cheers Smiley

It was clear from the beginning. This is a test and you can't keep the coins. The walletdownload as "Vanillacoin_test", the title Beta Pre-release. etc. If you feel ripped of, its your problem, but stop crying like a baby. Its boring.  Sad

groggin
Legendary

Activity: 1894
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 09:38:51 PM

Is there purposeful throttling going on here to cause a more equitable mining potential landscape?

that is exactly the dev's objective

i'm running a desktop w/3 cores@2.8ghz/8gig ram and a lappy w/a single core @2.2/3gig, desktop generated ~7k coins using 30-50% cpu, the lappy 6k coins using about ~75% cpu. looks like you did it John! PoS should kick in +1/2 a day

one question - why Vanilla?   Wink

loose the sword that is your pen or tongue [or bittorrent enabled computer] and help fight the so-called new world order   it is the enemy of humanity[/b][/url]  |  Sign-up @ Aurovine to get FREE HD music ... and coins!| |
NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 09:40:45 PM

I think if my client is running fine and so is a lot of other peoples and they aren't having any problems with this coin then why should we suffer and have to get rid of the coins we worked for? That makes no sense at all! POW which is what I have been doing since I downloaded the wallet and started mining this coin Smiley Sorry there wasn't a mac available or linux or whatever but I just don't see how that could be justified in having people test the net then say "Okay there weren't any problems so now all your coins you mined are useless and you have to start from scratch again!" That would be like me being a solo miner bitching because when a coin launches I don't have a super huge farming rig to mine the shit outta the coin.  Now numerous people have stated that they are finding blocks just fine and everything is working fine right?  I dunno I just feel kinda ripped off if I lose all the coins I've been mining that's all. Cheers Smiley

It was clear from the beginning. This is a test and you can't keep the coins. The walletdownload as "Vanillacoin_test", the title Beta Pre-release. etc. If you feel ripped of, its your problem, but stop crying like a baby. Its boring.  Sad
I wasn't crying like a baby I just don't think that it's very fair to people who were able to use the test walletdownload successfully to have to start right back at square 1.   That would be like you were mining a coin for 3 days and all of a sudden something in the code fucked up so the Dev or Team make you start back at square 1.  That's all I'm saying but it's all good I will be there to help VanillaCoin all the way Smiley When exactly is this official launch then?

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 09:43:40 PM

Is there purposeful throttling going on here to cause a more equitable mining potential landscape?

i'm running a desktop w/3 cores@2.8ghz/8gig ram and a lappy w/a single core @2.2/3gig, desktop generated ~7k coins using 30-50% cpu, the lappy 6k coins using about ~75% cpu. looks like you did it John! PoS should kick in +1/2 a day
Ya but didn't you hear we don't get to keep any of these coins that successfully did what the Dev was trying to do apparently? Which I'm sorry if I came across harsh about it but I only just began mining a little while ago and this was one coin that was actually working pretty well right from the get go so I figured that since that is what he was testing that we would just have a wallet update and continue mining just as we are doing right now Smiley Don't you think that is the best solution for both worlds?? Everyone mining the coin is getting roughly the exact same hashrate so it's really pretty evenly distributed in my opinion Smiley But I guess that's for the Dev to officially decide Smiley

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 09:46:37 PM

Ok, but to my question - how easily can this throttling be avoided? What about the protocol prevents somebody from releasing the full potential of hardware power?
Well then why the Frick are any of us mining or testing this then if anything can possibly happen?? That makes no sense whatsoever!!! This happens all the times with coins and the Teams and Devs have to work with it. In my opinion I suggest that anyone who has been partaking in the test mining phase at least be allowed half of their coins they mined or all of them and just a wallet upgrade to transfer them too.

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 09:49:31 PM

Ya but didn't you hear we don't get to keep any of these coins that successfully did what the Dev was trying to do apparently? Which I'm sorry if I came across harsh about it but I only just began mining a little while ago and this was one coin that was actually working pretty well right from the get go so I figured that since that is what he was testing that we would just have a wallet update and continue mining just as we are doing right now Smiley Don't you think that is the best solution for both worlds?? Everyone mining the coin is getting roughly the exact same hashrate so it's really pretty evenly distributed in my opinion Smiley But I guess that's for the Dev to officially decide Smiley

Listen, you sound new to crypto. The shitstorm that would arise if the dev didn't have an actual launch or somehow let the testnet go forward would be insane. Also, the testnet is NOT fair, because he specifically increased the block generation by three fold. The coins you mined a) are test coins, b) are not the same as the real thing, c) were not generated under the intended specifications for the real thing, and d) were understood to be test coins from the get go.

Welcome to crypto.
Hmmmm maybe the shitstorm would be as big as lets say OPAL having over 800k coins hacked from them!!! Or what about the VeriCoin incident that happened back in the day when they got attacked on mintpal.  I highly doubt there will be a fucking shitstorm if the Dev let the people who were mining keep the original amount they should've gotten. IE.  I have 6000 coins but he 3 folded it then I get to keep 2000 of those 6000 coins in the new updated wallet?? Sounds pretty fair to me because all these people have been test mining this coin all day and completely successful so why should they lose out on their hard earned coins?

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

groggin
Legendary

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 09:50:14 PM

dude as above earlier in the week a failed launch and we all lost coins. the blockchain was reset several times. this test was designed to avoid a repeat of that, it was announced as a test. this event isn't happening on the regular internet, more like a vpn i guess. fake coins if you will

loose the sword that is your pen or tongue [or bittorrent enabled computer] and help fight the so-called new world order   it is the enemy of humanity[/b][/url]  |  Sign-up @ Aurovine to get FREE HD music ... and coins!| |
groggin
Legendary

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 09:55:52 PM

Can anyone explain how to mine on the linux version? I'm not getting a GUI. I run from command line but I'm not sure what commands to issue to begin mining. Can anyone explain? Smiley
try setgenerate true , or gen

i tried to dl the lin version earlier, guess it wasn't ready. hmm mebe i'll fire up that vm...

NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 10:06:43 PM

dude as above earlier in the week a failed launch and we all lost coins. the blockchain was reset several times. this test was designed to avoid a repeat of that, it was announced as a test. this event isn't happening on the regular internet, more like a vpn i guess. fake coins if you will
Well I will apologize because I was unaware this coin was already launched once before and had a mishap.  I do know what it feels like to lose out on a good investment because I had 70k OPAL when that hack attack happened and that was an easy 2k in my pocket but nothing from it now.  So I do apologize about that but I still believe that there should be some sort've compensation for the test miners for their dedicated work through this process because this is a phenomenal coin and in wallet miner that I have ever seen and like the idea behind it all.  I am so sick and tired of huge farming rigs and pools stealing away all the coins just to dump them to shit on the exchanges thats all.  Anyways does anyone know when the official launch for this coin will be and when we can start actually mining it full force?

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

groggin
Legendary

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 10:08:50 PM

@ cryptolemaik - i'm only beginning to learn the lin cli also, though i've been playing around with it for over a decade. 'nix gives you power and thats cool!

groggin
Legendary

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 10:12:57 PM

i'm only beginning to learn the lin cli also, though i've been playing around with it for over a decade. 'nix gives you power and thats cool!

Yeah I just wish I could get this working, I've got a couple linux boxes around haha

I feel very dumb not being able to get this working.
sh vanillacoin?

NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 10:26:06 PM

Ok, I have made one final change to the solo mining fairness algorithm in attempt to make it more fair and fix block timing issues related to difficulty fluctuation. Preliminary tests shows that 3 test machines manufactured roughly 2 years apart each generated 3 blocks out of 9 blocks total. I am going to run a larger scale test to see if block generation time stays within bounds and distribution is good. If that succeeds we will do a public test and watch for these specific issues and fix them if required. I have high confidence. Cool

Thank you for your support.
Fix them if required!!! Perfect words right there John Smiley The test net has been working beautifully and I don't think you need to launch the coin again at all just update the wallets for the people and keep on trucking my friend Smiley When something is working don't break it my Granny always used to tell me so just remember that when you go through the next countless pages of people quite content with the way the blockchain and the block rewards are working smoothly and perfectly fine Smiley Cheers Mate Smiley

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

john-connor (OP)

Activity: 596
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 10:40:11 PM

I'd like to let the test network continue to run so we can watch Proof-of-Stake and make sure it still functions as it should. I'm pushing back the release until December 23 2014 at 5AM UTC.

Please test as much as you can and post feedback so we can create the final blockchain and launch without further delay. Cool

Thank you for your support.

Minter                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
               ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
          ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▄   ▀▓▀   ▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▄     ▄▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ╟▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
       ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
           ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
             ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

╓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀╜        ╙▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓⌐         ▓▓▓▓▓         ╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀█▀▀^         ╫▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 #▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█

▄█████▄   ▄▄
▐█▄           ▄███████████▀
████▄▄       ▐█████████████▀
████████▄▄   ▐████████████
 ████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████████████
 ▀███████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████
   ████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄▄▄█████████████▀
  ▀▀█████████▀▀
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: