Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 06:30:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 [387] 388 389 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BitBay OFFICIAL BITBAY Thread Smart Contracts Decentralized Markets Rolling Peg  (Read 541858 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
dzimbeck
Legendary

Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044

View Profile
May 11, 2022, 06:03:43 AM

hey guys , any update on the bridge implementation, this is the best time for the peg when the market is crashing .. please if we're going to see it soon. because i think night trader still needs 2-3 months ....   thanks guys

The bridge so far a lot of the solidity code is mostly done and being tested however there is still more to do. The BAY side code then has to connect to all of that. Plus there is some c++ work after that. So it's still unclear of when it will be done but hopefully it can be finished by this summer. Don't forget we have to test everything as well.
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CuriousH

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 11, 2022, 07:27:36 PM
Last edit: May 11, 2022, 10:25:02 PM by CuriousH

Thanks David for your reply but I feel this part will take another 3-6 months then after all done we will have another issue with LP. I trust you David but this is really  taking long time since 2014. excellent project and excellent team but too long to see any benefits soon. As you know all US based coins are failing, where Bitbay would be a good fit and a killer. I wish you guys would seriously look into setting a date soon so we can capitalize on this amazing opportunity. Anyway I'm a big fan and hoping to see Bitbay everywhere.
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
May 12, 2022, 06:53:08 PM

Thanks David for your reply but I feel this part will take another 3-6 months then after all done we will have another issue with LP. I trust you David but this is really  taking long time since 2014. excellent project and excellent team but too long to see any benefits soon. As you know all US based coins are failing, where Bitbay would be a good fit and a killer. I wish you guys would seriously look into setting a date soon so we can capitalize on this amazing opportunity. Anyway I'm a big fan and hoping to see Bitbay everywhere.

It would be false/hype to give an exact time or date, I stopped doing that years ago to guarantee that every word I utter or type is honest. Also, code can't be rushed as there is testing for bugs. With that said of course the goal is to get everything ready before the summer and handed off to Yshurik so he can do some c++ code and then test it.
Piston Honda
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1064

Juicin' crypto

View Profile
May 16, 2022, 10:31:15 PM

soooooo missing another bull run are we Sad

lol. sigh.
No... not really.
While BTC is down 22% and XRP 37%, etc. in the past 7 days - BAY is steady at an average mean of $0.64, despite what CMC says ($2.38).

I think once all the smoke clears BAY will do quite well in the long run. Patience Pays. Rome was not built in a day.  Smiley
...Now back to my sabbatical - again. lol

lol here you are one year later....SAME sad story.  2015?? to 2022....sheesh.

people have either retired off TONS of other projects, or are rekt from them.

good to see you guys still at it (though i still see 0 coming out of it).

$ADK ~ watch & learn...
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
May 22, 2022, 08:12:02 PM

soooooo missing another bull run are we Sad

lol. sigh.
No... not really.
While BTC is down 22% and XRP 37%, etc. in the past 7 days - BAY is steady at an average mean of $0.64, despite what CMC says ($2.38).

I think once all the smoke clears BAY will do quite well in the long run. Patience Pays. Rome was not built in a day.  Smiley
...Now back to my sabbatical - again. lol

lol here you are one year later....SAME sad story.  2015?? to 2022....sheesh.

people have either retired off TONS of other projects, or are rekt from them.

good to see you guys still at it (though i still see 0 coming out of it).

Well BAY needs a permanent home so the goal now is to get it on DEXes. I agree currently we are in hot water. However once we can trade and have web markets that
operate with any token, then maybe we can come back from this. It wouldn't be the first time we come back from being almost totally dead. 2018 for example we were up 4000 time from our floor and with a full delivery on the tools we said we would. However the reality is, the peg was too complex for central exchanges so we got overcharged, censored and even simply stolen from(Latoken, OEX, Bitker, etc). Latoken delivered at first but was honestly not worth the brief moments of success as they kept screwing our users with constant downtime every chance we had for higher volume.

Funny thing is, you mentioned a bridge a year or so ago. It ended up being our only option. At least that way we don't deal with listing fees or exchanges going out of business or being "hacked". It's better this way.

Either way, I wish you well. We will just have to see what happens after the bridge.
BitBayDoc

Activity: 193
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 21, 2022, 07:17:25 AM
Last edit: June 21, 2022, 07:33:15 AM by BitBayDoc

Dear World - BAY is making a comeback; But don't call it a Come Back - it's been here for years:

There is still a lot to do; however, testing the bridge begins on the Goerli Testnet Network.

Basically you load Metamask, inport the BAYR, BAYF and BAYL token addresses and then you can send you ETH address on Goerli to receive coins.
It's that easy.

0xD7567f0841Aae04833C8c004e8685cBF9F1a6b11 BAYL
0xe491CC5b00e24fE53cCA89adaC79f5D7FdA80a82 BAYR
0x3c4Fa78cA311FF83A5EdF60140B0b45e8c39eBf9 BAYF

That's the BAYL (liquid); BAYR (reserve) and BAYF (frozen) addresses.

Winners never quit, and quitters never win. We'll be back just in time for the collapse. Go to Telegram to learn more (https://t.me/bitbayofficial).

DZ, et al. are doing their part. Others need to step up and and "knock-out" the Marketplace so we're ready. Be Creative. Be Free.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vimZj8HW0Kg
(Turn It All The Way Up!) Cheesy
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2022, 01:12:49 AM

Dear World - BAY is making a comeback; But don't call it a Come Back - it's been here for years:

There is still a lot to do; however, testing the bridge begins on the Goerli Testnet Network.

Basically you load Metamask, inport the BAYR, BAYF and BAYL token addresses and then you can send you ETH address on Goerli to receive coins.
It's that easy.

0xD7567f0841Aae04833C8c004e8685cBF9F1a6b11 BAYL
0xe491CC5b00e24fE53cCA89adaC79f5D7FdA80a82 BAYR
0x3c4Fa78cA311FF83A5EdF60140B0b45e8c39eBf9 BAYF

That's the BAYL (liquid); BAYR (reserve) and BAYF (frozen) addresses.

Winners never quit, and quitters never win. We'll be back just in time for the collapse. Go to Telegram to learn more (https://t.me/bitbayofficial).

DZ, et al. are doing their part. Others need to step up and and "knock-out" the Marketplace so we're ready. Be Creative. Be Free.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vimZj8HW0Kg
(Turn It All The Way Up!) Cheesy

Ah yeah Doc thanks for posting this! Yes anyone who wants to participate in the Solidity based testnet can do that now, just come to Telegram and ask for testnet coins and we can also send a bit of testnet ETH as well. It's a lot of fun to see the changes in balance working, the funds freezing and unfreezing.

For this testnet it's worth mentioning the freeze of reserve is only 2 minutes. I probably should have at least made it 10 to get a little bit more of a "delay" going but since this is just tests I figure it's the same either way.

Very shortly it will also be tradable for a testnet version of Uniswap so therefore we would like some feedback on the different experience of being a liquidity provider. Because remember for being an LP here it needs to account for both liquid and reserve coins.
BitBayDoc

View Profile
July 16, 2022, 06:02:06 PM

Good Luck Everyone.
tbct_mt2

Activity: 2310
Merit: 835

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2022, 05:45:20 AM

Dear World - BAY is making a comeback; But don't call it a Come Back - it's been here for year
An impulse from silence so it is good but what's next?

It's that easy.
What are difference among BAYR, BAYF and BAYL?

Could you explain the differences among them, please.

I never on the BitPay boat but today I saw your thread and I thought it is a thread for BitPay service, not a coin. After a few minutes to read, it is not from BitPay but I am still interesting to find out more about your project and its future.
BitBayDoc

View Profile
July 19, 2022, 10:05:05 PM

Dear Digital Gold - Welcome. To answer your questions:

What's next? The Team is building a bridge so BAY can start trading again.
BAY is unique in that it runs a dynamic "peg" to price itself, which is roughly equivalent to 1/100,000 the hightest ever value of BTC.
So in theory, each bay is currently roughly equivalent to .64cents (US); because BTC at it's highest point was approx. $64,000 US.

What are differences among BAYR, BAYF and BAYL?
Good Question. This has been asked and answered many, many times since BAY launched it's peg.
The very best answer can be found on the website.
Please click on the "watch video "button on the following page: https://bitbay.market/decentralized-marketplace/index.html

Now a question or two for you, as I am interested to find out more about your ad project and its future:
1. How can Digital Gold insure that it actually has the physical gold to back up a coin? Can I go see it, and handle the gold with my name on it?
2. How can I be sure it hasn't been re-allocated 1,000 times?
2. And if you actually have some gold locked up somewhere; how can one be sure that when SHTF the people guarding the gold don't just walk off with it?
3. And finally, what do you say to people like me, who actually own a real gold mine in Alaska, when I state the age-old truism: "If you don't hold it, you don't own it"? Which is why investors in crypto should never, ever perminately leave their savings in someone else's exhange or wallet - a la Mt. Gox.
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
July 20, 2022, 09:15:41 AM

Dear World - BAY is making a comeback; But don't call it a Come Back - it's been here for year
An impulse from silence so it is good but what's next?

It's that easy.
What are difference among BAYR, BAYF and BAYL?

Could you explain the differences among them, please.

I never on the BitPay boat but today I saw your thread and I thought it is a thread for BitPay service, not a coin. After a few minutes to read, it is not from BitPay but I am still interesting to find out more about your project and its future.

Well BitBay is the only coin in the world with a dynamic peg. We are one of the oldest altcoins as well dating back to 2014 and were the first with decentralized markets and smart contracts(using double deposit escrow)

This little explainer document can explain how the peg works. (difference between BAY, BAYR, BAYF)
https://bitbay.market/bitbay-dynamic-peg-visual-reference.pdf

As you can see, it controls it's own supply. The reason we were not high on the charts(we used to be top 40 coin) is because after the peg forked central exchanges
didn't wanna adjust their orderbooks just to accommodate our supply changes. This isn't like somewhat nonsensical projects like Ampleforth(where 1/10=10/100... no equity change means nothing changed economically), this peg which was planned since the beginning has a shift in equity when supply changes only users who actually had funds in reserve get their money made liquid and visa versa.

So we had to make this peg system be able to be bridged to ethereum style networks but it was a lot of data(a "normal" transaction in ETH for this token would cost $100 because user balance is like a matrix of values). But thats okay because there is L2 networks and also cheaper alternatives(like Polygon and Binance) so I coded a watered down dynamic peg system and it's testing currently on Goerli.

If you wanna test it, swing by our main Telegram channel and ask for testnet coins. It's free to do and it's a very friendly community. It's not just a bunch of guys shilling their bags, it's like a community of people that seriously care about tech in crypto industry... that's why they have been there so many years.
CuriousH

View Profile
August 11, 2022, 12:44:12 AM

Hey guys hope all doing well.

Will the bridge be ready this December?  because it looks like nigh trader coming this winter, so I guess you will be shooting for same time for maximum exposure.

any update will appreciated.
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
August 11, 2022, 09:32:50 AM

Will the bridge be ready this December?  because it looks like nigh trader coming this winter, so I guess you will be shooting for same time for maximum exposure.

You can test the bridge now on Goerli at https://dzimbeck.github.io/test-page

Currently I'm working on tying those last parts back to Halo. With the python pseudocode Yshurik is tasked with doing the c++ side. It should be this year for sure. However I can't speak for his schedule or hours. Either way, you can see for yourself this is in the final phases of testing. However do consider there will probably be a c++ client testnet phase. But that can be somewhat short because I can review that code anyways.

NightTrader as a friendly reminder is NOT a project that I've coded, it's a decentralized exchange coded by Yshurik so I have not much control over that. It is based on ideas I shared years ago with sighashes and threshold sigs though. I gave the name to Alec because we have known each other since Blackcoin days so he is the one that knows whats going on with it. However, from watching the progress he made some good breakthroughs I still think winter is a bit early I anticipate it moreso in Q1 although for that to have a fully fledged GUI that rivals something like Kraken may take longer.
CuriousH

View Profile
August 11, 2022, 12:54:50 PM

You can test the bridge now on Goerli at https://dzimbeck.github.io/test-page

Currently I'm working on tying those last parts back to Halo. With the python pseudocode Yshurik is tasked with doing the c++ side. It should be this year for sure. However I can't speak for his schedule or hours. Either way, you can see for yourself this is in the final phases of testing. However do consider there will probably be a c++ client testnet phase. But that can be somewhat short because I can review that code anyways.

NightTrader as a friendly reminder is NOT a project that I've coded, it's a decentralized exchange coded by Yshurik so I have not much control over that. It is based on ideas I shared years ago with sighashes and threshold sigs though. I gave the name to Alec because we have known each other since Blackcoin days so he is the one that knows whats going on with it. However, from watching the progress he made some good breakthroughs I still think winter is a bit early I anticipate it moreso in Q1 although for that to have a fully fledged GUI that rivals something like Kraken may take longer.

Thanks David for the update. I will check it out.
BitBayDoc

View Profile
August 22, 2022, 08:54:01 AM
Last edit: October 25, 2022, 10:37:49 PM by BitBayDoc

All I can say is this:

The "Bridge" that David is building to make this peg work on DEX's (so we can all start trading again), is nothing short of Pure Genius.

We are witness to some of the greatest and most difficult coding accomplished by anyone on planet Earth - ever!

Just Sayin'...
BitBayDoc

View Profile
October 25, 2022, 10:35:50 PM

Update:
David has finished the BAY bridge - Yaay! Grin
It is now being translated into C++.
At the same time NightTrader.org is being fine tuned and finished up also.

From Craig on Telegram:
"Anyone checking out the new upgrades to the exchange?
Lots going on! Don't forget to clear your cache if you are already following NT development."

https://nighttrader.org
A Secure, Decentralized Multi-Signature Wallet and Exchange!

The team is also asking everyone to please help test the exchange.
It's super fast. Hopefully everything is finished and rolling by Q1 '23.

"Quiters never win; and winners never quit." - Doc
BitBayDoc

View Profile
November 12, 2022, 09:33:04 AM

IT's TIME!
Beta Testing on NightTrader.org has begun...

NightTrader is an ultra secure, private and fast decentralized exchange (DEX) where users have full control over their money, by utilizing multi signature capacities of UXTO coins and later other blockchains. Which cryptocurrencies will be accepted at launch? Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Litecoin, Dash and BitBay (Liquid and Reserve).

Nighttrader - Over the counter (OTC) trading chat and future state of the art, highly secured trustless, peer to peer, multisignature cryptocurrency wallet and exchange. Trade with Nighttrader. Buy and Sell Cryptocurrency Secure, Decentral Multi Signature Wallet and Exchange! Register for Beta and Test with us! Read our Whitepaper.

Profit passively from BTC, LTC, and BAY trades on NightTrader MSEX. Profit from the fees of NightTrader MSEX simply because you make it liquid (Defi) Unlike Ethereum DEX this exchange runs on Bitcoin! Join an unfilled market share. Unique legal and jurisdictional setup allows for almost complete frictionless user managment.

Safety Note - The exchange does not keep private keys of user accounts. The private key of user account is based on a password that only user knows. The exchange can not restore the password if it gets lost or forgotten.

REGISTRATION/INVITE CODE FOR DEX.NIGHTTRADER.ORG: vaJBgtz1yzNGeWLTC244F1q8UM5
"production" mainnet exchange.

"After registration you can distribute your own referral code to build (a) fortune. Smiley " - Ychurik

After the meltdown of FTX "this independently verifiable as safe and decentralized exchange could be perfect for those looking for a place to trade that can't set up the more complex full dex solutions." - BitBay

BAY has found a home and is the major trading token on NightTrader.org. This amazing pairing has been YEARS in the making!

Please go to NightTrader.org Chat on Telegram to participate in these exciting times - BE FREE!

Congratulations To The Entire BAY and NightTrader Team!!!
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2022, 05:09:38 AM

Thanks for the update Doc!  Cool
Piston Honda
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1064

Juicin' crypto

View Profile
November 14, 2022, 09:08:13 PM

6 mos check in  Cheesy Grin Roll Eyes

still rekt? yes.

good luck with ... well who knows.

but hey at least y'all ain't FTX!!!!!!!!! LOL
what a piece of shit SBF and all that scam shit was (which we known about 1yr now)

$ADK ~ watch & learn...
BitBayDoc

View Profile
November 16, 2022, 10:15:52 PM
Last edit: November 16, 2022, 10:30:31 PM by BitBayDoc

Ahhh... Tiny "little" Piston Honda, the Hater.
Right on que!

We are definitely doing something right when you show up! Thank You!! Whoo-hoo! Grin
You must get paid to troll... or had a very unhappy childhood. Probably both.

Anywho - BAY is not rekt in the least. All is good.

We do agree on one thing:
SBF is a POS criminal/liar/con and FTX was a scam s***-show anyone with half a brain could see from the beginning AND a mile away.
I personally know no one who was on the platform...

So, there may be hope for you yet.  Wink

Cheers!
Pages: « 1 ... 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 [387] 388 389 »
  Print  

Jump to: