Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:38:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 ... 249 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ◈◈Bitcredit ◈◈ Migrating to UniQredit◈◈  (Read 284484 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
bitcreditscc (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 07:42:22 PM

We are pushing very hard for secure messaging, and by end of day tomorrow, i hope to demonstrate:-

1) a contract between myself and someone using my BN service

2) a Bank loan to one lucky user

The GUI requires work too. In fact the whole project has a lot of stuff that needs addressing, and i am doing that as quickly as i can. The code is dirty and that is why i place so much importance on code review.

Just think we have the chain to worry about, voting, pools , the GUI , the messaging system. the trust engine, colored credits , escrow, Proof of deposit , proof of reserves (for BNs) , then development of reversible transactions as well as the debt collection apparatus and finally the Blacklisting protocol that uses BN votes to blacklist a bad user or user votes to blacklist a bad BN.

Full functionality, is maybe in three months. But loans and services basics should be up in a week if i have my way.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bitcreditscc (OP)

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 07:53:28 PM

It's important that there be a solid secure communication layer that allows communication between users and BNs. Once this is established , agreements can be made, contracts written, statements  and invoices issued.

For those that don't know, most of the basics for Banking are already in the code, we just need to refine them, and connect them, first step being the messaging functions.

bitcreditscc (OP)

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 08:01:36 PM

Tidied up the overview page a bit and toolstripe now has mostly white icons for consistency:

Of course it's up to the dev to decide if he likes any of this. His, "Interesting!" was, ah,  very diplomatic...  Cheesy

I'd really like to see the Darksend box moved off the overview page into a tab of its own. (Sadly this lies beyond my current abilities. Sad)

I think Darksend is pretty peripheral to the point of Bitcredit, and shifting it would allow for an easier unjumblification of the recent transactions, which are currently a squished mess.

Any opinions?

Off to play with the splash screen next, as that's about the height of my talents.  Grin

I actually like the initiative and the color choice, so i wanted to hear what everyone else thought.

I do have a question for you though.....what background image are you going to use to match your scheme?

bitcreditscc (OP)

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 08:10:06 PM

Does anyone have any thoughts on implementing another type of Masternode?

One with a much smaller buy in requirement that receives miner fees but has no banking functions?

This would really help to drive adoption.  

I feel like the community would grow significantly (especially with recent masternode hype!)

So many people want a masternode right now... with any coin.

If we had a wimpy one you could buy for 10k BCR, it would be a HOT item.

Interesting idea, maybe in future when we need to distinguish between MN and BN. Likely cost will be 1/10 of BN but will get only 1/20 of BN fees  Grin

So depending on how well this project performs, it may still be worth it. Though BN owners will be high rollers by then.

I know it's not everyone that can spare $1200 for a BN in a fledgling project, but eventually tbh i see only a few individuals trying to run BNs alone, i see the majority being owned by groups and/or companies who can use the proceeds to hire staff to handle the volumes of Banking related actions.

I know it sounds far fetched when you see that barely a million users are involved in the whole crypto-world, but then it's my job to lead us in creating a product that will cross the barrier. Always keep in mind that we will have a Fiat-BCR gateway that will confirm funds in either direction just as quickly as the blockchain.

thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 08:39:59 PM

I actually like the initiative and the color choice, so i wanted to hear what everyone else thought.

I do have a question for you though.....what background image are you going to use to match your scheme?
Thanks. It isn't presented as anything official or final, but I wanted to get the send/receive/message input fields at least usable.

The background image is the one you see - a simple gradient. QT does gradients itself without the need for an image but I wanted to throw something up quickly without too much messing with code, as I speak C++ like a dog plays the xylophone...

I really don't think images as in pictures are a good idea here. Everyone has different tastes, and you need to be really careful about the image to stop it messing up usability across multiple forms and UI elements.

Always keep in mind that we will have a Fiat-BCR gateway that will confirm funds in either direction just as quickly as the blockchain.

I am liking the sound of this. Smiley

There is so much than could/can be done with a distributed banking platform, once the basics are nailed down. The world doesn't need another currency that much, but services for crypto-users... oh gawd is there a market there... and I'm not thinking about the usual cryptognat day trader types (although my bots love 'em) but about bringing something actually useful to Jo Public.
dbt1033
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 08:51:37 PM

How do you plan on implementing a Fiat - BCR gateway?

bitcreditscc (OP)

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 08:57:03 PM

Thanks. It isn't presented as anything official or final, but I wanted to get the send/receive/message input fields at least usable.

The background image is the one you see - a simple gradient. QT does gradients itself without the need for an image but I wanted to throw something up quickly without too much messing with code, as I speak C++ like a dog plays the xylophone...

I really don't think images as in pictures are a good idea here. Everyone has different tastes, and you need to be really careful about the image to stop it messing up usability across multiple forms and UI elements.

Always keep in mind that we will have a Fiat-BCR gateway that will confirm funds in either direction just as quickly as the blockchain.

There is so much than could/can be done with a distributed banking platform, once the basics are nailed down. The world doesn't need another currency that much, but services for crypto-users... oh gawd is there a market there... and I'm not thinking about the usual cryptognat day trader types (although my bots love 'em) but about bringing something actually useful to Jo Public.

Thanks, all i need is people to work with, already i know that between you and dragos working together, we will have a great QT. Meanwhile this gives me time to look at other areas.

Oh, just give me time, i am thinking way beyond just a currency. And even once we have all the banking working and all the services i am going to introduce what I call the Master Bridge.

Basically it will bridge all coins with MN, these Super Nodes will allow you to transfer your BCR into any coin we have an agreement with and vice versa. so in your BCR wallet you send some coin to a Master Bridge, a few seconds later, you receive SPR/DASH/CRAVE in your wallet.

The future is us.

bitcreditscc (OP)

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 09:00:00 PM

How do you plan on implementing a Fiat - BCR gateway?

check inbox,

dbt1033
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 09:23:05 PM

Thanks, all i need is people to work with, already i know that between you and dragos working together, we will have a great QT. Meanwhile this gives me time to look at other areas.

Oh, just give me time, i am thinking way beyond just a currency. And even once we have all the banking working and all the services i am going to introduce what I call the Master Bridge.

Basically it will bridge all coins with MN, these Super Nodes will allow you to transfer your BCR into any coin we have an agreement with and vice versa. so in your BCR wallet you send some coin to a Master Bridge, a few seconds later, you receive SPR/DASH/CRAVE in your wallet.

The future is us.

That's amazing!!!
Department of

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 11:50:20 PM

The future is us.

This is the kind of info I need for the road map.  Exciting things in the future here.  I like the sound of Master Bridges and Supernodes...
Department of

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 11:53:02 PM

Tidied up the overview page a bit and toolstripe now has mostly white icons for consistency:

Of course it's up to the dev to decide if he likes any of this. His, "Interesting!" was, ah,  very diplomatic...  Cheesy

I'd really like to see the Darksend box moved off the overview page into a tab of its own. (Sadly this lies beyond my current abilities. Sad)

I think Darksend is pretty peripheral to the point of Bitcredit, and shifting it would allow for an easier unjumblification of the recent transactions, which are currently a squished mess.

Any opinions?

Off to play with the splash screen next, as that's about the height of my talents.  Grin

Looking pretty nice!  It'll look even better once we get a new logo figured out.  

I ordered a bunch last night and will put them up for a vote probably next week sometime when I receive them.  
thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 12:43:06 AM
Last edit: April 17, 2015, 01:36:33 AM by thelonecrouton

Playing with splash screen:

Do not despair, I will get bored and go away eventually. Why do C++ coders need to scatter shit across dozens of different files, a mistake in any one of which FUBARs the whole show? It's like the opposite of multiple redundancy.   Angry

Tongue
Department of

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 04:34:17 AM

One with a much smaller buy in requirement that receives miner fees but has no banking functions?

I feel like the community would grow significantly (especially with recent masternode hype!)

And the purpose of receiving the fee is .... ?

Maintain a permanent node to stabilize the network / facilitate Darksend transactions and mixing functions.

You would receive a very small fee.

I think this is a fantastic idea.  BCR could be the first coin with 2 tiers of masternodes.  One for whales, one for the little guy.

Maybe owning a smaller masternode could help build credit too Wink

This sounds like a pretty good idea to me.  The two tiers of masternodes- the smaller with a building credit aspect.  A 10k or 25k masternode would definitely be a hot item.  And it would draw more attention to the great functions of Banknodes as well.  The percentage of the block reward would probably need to increase though with so many setting up nodes.

Also, I don't know how it's going to work yet, but I need a Master Bridge and/or a Supernode.  Three tiers?
bitcreditscc (OP)

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 04:39:43 AM

And the purpose of receiving the fee is .... ?

Maintain a permanent node to stabilize the network / facilitate Darksend transactions and mixing functions.

You would receive a very small fee.

I think this is a fantastic idea.  BCR could be the first coin with 2 tiers of masternodes.  One for whales, one for the little guy.

Maybe owning a smaller masternode could help build credit too Wink

This sounds like a pretty good idea to me.  The two tiers of masternodes- the smaller with a building credit aspect.  A 10k or 25k masternode would definitely be a hot item.  And it would draw more attention to the great functions of Banknodes as well.  The percentage of the block reward would probably need to increase though with so many setting up nodes.

Also, I don't know how it's going to work yet, but I need a Master Bridge and/or a Supernode.  Three tiers?

The future is bright, the future is us.

if i had 5 good c++ coders, this would be a realit within 2 months. We would outpace everything in every aspect.

Department of

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 04:48:00 AM

We need a Banknode in America.  Anyone want to set one up for me?  I've looked into it and don't think I have the patience/coding skill to figure it all out and then do it all again when there are updates. 

PM your offer (percentage of payments, estimated vps monthly fee, etc)

bitcreditscc (OP)

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 05:01:34 AM

We need a Banknode in America.  Anyone want to set one up for me?  I've looked into it and don't think I have the patience/coding skill to figure it all out and then do it all again when there are updates. 

see my above contract

starblocks

Activity: 1344
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 06:06:48 AM

I just placed an offer at 1650 (someone keeps jumping in front of me with 1BTC but) to see if I can get toward setting up a BN in Australia

Bagdar13

Activity: 115

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 01:03:13 PM

I just placed an offer at 1650 (someone keeps jumping in front of me with 1BTC but) to see if I can get toward setting up a BN in Australia

It wasent just one person.  I went in with some at 1800 ;-)  I sold at the highs yesterday so I was able to turn 4k into 7.5k overnight Wink ok not a lot for the big guys but enough that it will add up.
Department of

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 01:29:22 PM

see my above contract   (262500 coins to start, $16.50/mo vps cost, %2 of BN income)

I'm considering it.  How about instead of the extra 12500 coins as up-front cost I offer to double all the small bounties and add 50% to all of the large bounties?  That's a total of 40300 coins invested back into BITCREDIT itself.

New Bounties would be:

Mining How to 400  BCR
Voting How to 600  BCR
MasterNode How to 1000 BCR
Translations 600 BCR 
Completion of Wiki 6000 BCR
Pool 10000 BCR
5 x p2pool 2000 BCR

Voting Code review 12000 BCR
MN code review 12000 BCR
Android Wallet 30 000 BCR
iOS Wallet 30 000 BCR
Mac OS wallet 6000 BCR   
starblocks

Activity: 1344
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 01:41:39 PM

It wasent just one person.  I went in with some at 1800 ;-)  I sold at the highs yesterday so I was able to turn 4k into 7.5k overnight Wink ok not a lot for the big guys but enough that it will add up.

I'm just trying to accumulate enough to setup a BN in AU here

Liking this concept so we'll see if this happens Smiley

Pages: « 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 ... 249 »
  Print  

Jump to: