Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:26:45 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 [152] 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 ... 249 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ◈◈Bitcredit ◈◈ Migrating to UniQredit◈◈  (Read 284487 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 02:49:36 AM
Last edit: September 18, 2015, 03:19:27 AM by thelonecrouton

Hooked up most of this except the redemption bit:

As you can see, bit of a bargain currently.

Clicking the bid addresses opens up your default browser and takes you to that address on blockr.io or dashpay.io, the 'Bid with' buttons will open up bitcredit-qt etc. on linux if the binaries are in your PATH, eg in /usr/bin - supposedly something similar should happen on Win but I can't test that. I've stuck with the official clients for now due to SPV privkey issues, but I can add an option in the conf to put the path to whatever btc/ltc/dash client you like and have it use that in the future. Bid calc works. Superblock countdown works.

@bitcreditscc - I'm assuming that the btcbids/ltcbids/dashbids.dat files get wiped (or should do?) after each superblock? Or should I just get the current superblock numbers from final.dat instead? Or somewhere else?

edit: I should get the current total asset backing and assured min value and stick it somewhere on there too, although maybe that could/should be added on the main page?
bitcreditscc (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 03:20:45 AM

Hooked up most of this except the redemption bit:

Clicking the bid addresses opens up your default browser and takes you to that address on blockr.io or dashpay.io, the 'Bid with' buttons will open up bitcredit-qt etc. on linux if the binaries are in your PATH, eg in /usr/bin - supposedly something similar should happen on Win but I can't test that. I've stuck with the official clients for now due to SPV privkey issues, but I can add an option in the conf to put the path to whatever btc/ltc/dash client you like and have it use that in the future. Bid calc works. Superblock countdown works.

@bitcreditscc - I'm assuming that the btcbids/ltcbids/dashbids.dat files get wiped after each superblock? Or should I just get the numbers from final.dat instead?

GREAT!! yeah they do get wiped, but that can be changed if you need it. Can you re-base your work on the latest master, i have changed how the values of the bids are represented in the bid file to ensure accurate payouts. Instead of fractions of BTC they are now represented as satoshis.

btw, only one error is preventing me from completing a android-QT build, very frustrating.

edit;- actually, get it from final.dat, it's getting updated every 5 minutes now so it's pretty accurate.

thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 03:35:41 AM

.Can you re-base your work on the latest master, i have changed how the values of the bids are represented in the bid file to ensure accurate payouts. Instead of fractions of BTC they are now represented as satoshis.

edit;- actually, get it from final.dat, it's getting updated every 5 minutes now so it's pretty accurate.

Suits me, one file to parse beats three. Will have another bout tomorrow, need sleep.

BTW am I correct in thinking that if you bid from the same btc/ltc/dash address you should only need to do the importprivkey thing once?
bitcreditscc (OP)

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 03:56:36 AM

.Can you re-base your work on the latest master, i have changed how the values of the bids are represented in the bid file to ensure accurate payouts. Instead of fractions of BTC they are now represented as satoshis.

Suits me, one file to parse beats three. Will have another bout tomorrow, need sleep.

BTW am I correct in thinking that if you bid from the same btc/ltc/dash address you should only need to do the importprivkey thing once?

Yes, that is correct. It seems only a few spv wallets use different key types. I'll be looking into that in depth this weekend. May also try to write rpc commands for more stuff that seems to be GUI only.

Depending on progress over the next two days, maybe sunday will see the first multi-bn code going up.

The crashes in QT are as a result of some race condition, these aren't easy to identify , but i'll try. Wish i was better at multi-threading.

proletariat
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 04:06:10 AM

Sent my bid  Cool

@Bitcreditscc

Do you have the text from the ann images and logo in vector format? I'm in no way a pro but I'd like to fiddle around with the ann to see if I can make it more visually appealing.
dragos_bdi

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 05:42:04 AM

on the advice of a fellow more wizened coder, i am studying OP_RETURN and trying to figure out how each BN can use it to

1) Register itself on the chain
2) Sign Blocks

This will take some time and some doing but seems far more cryptographically accurate that just a look up of previous blocks.

The final decision will be made based on

1) Complexity
2) Security
3) Computational cost

For now i'll tentatively say that we are likely to institute the changes in two weeks. For now there is an update incoming (next few hours ) that should finally settle bid payouts.

Because p2pool is not respecting payout blocks , i am working on a new rule that will ensure that they are respected by the network

Latest Win 64 build https://mega.nz/#!rp9DULoK!nBLgm1zNCdjaDhcAsJ-4bMfSDuy-keZMhQIAJ6BddKs

Bitcreditscc, please update OP

Thank You for your tips!
BCR - 5u7KPyiHKeg6sbdvd9XhT9HHpvh5c2ppTe
BTC - 1ASJQ7SE84sgQketS2kQCTQLV3DJesYnLh
proletariat
Legendary

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 06:04:31 AM

The crashes in QT are as a result of some race condition, these aren't easy to identify , but i'll try. Wish i was better at multi-threading.

I truly struggled to get my nodes running because my main wallet with all the nodes info would crash on "done loading" I tried deleting everything, then one thing at a time but I always kept my wallet.dat So then I tried it with a new wallet and it worked OK... got my wallet back in there and it worked fine until i restarted the qt one of those times with the stuck network and again it crashed, returned to an empty wallet.dat and let it sync the latest one or two blocks missing.... returned to my old wallet.dat and again it worked alright. I'm my zero technical knowledge, I'd say there's 1% chance of it something to do with the wallet.dat

What could be different with my wallet.dat? perhaps the multiple BN setup in one single wallet, other than that I wouldn't know.
alganonim

Activity: 260

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 07:07:23 AM
Last edit: September 18, 2015, 07:29:43 AM by alganonim

I truly struggled to get my nodes running because my main wallet with all the nodes info would crash on "done loading" I tried deleting everything, then one thing at a time but I always kept my wallet.dat So then I tried it with a new wallet and it worked OK... got my wallet back in there and it worked fine until i restarted the qt one of those times with the stuck network and again it crashed, returned to an empty wallet.dat and let it sync the latest one or two blocks missing.... returned to my old wallet.dat and again it worked alright. I'm my zero technical knowledge, I'd say there's 1% chance of it something to do with the wallet.dat

What could be different with my wallet.dat? perhaps the multiple BN setup in one single wallet, other than that I wouldn't know.

Do you have your wallet and data in default catalog (...appdata/roaming/bitcredit) or in custom? My default one is crashing often after closing, but custom works without problems. So win 8.1 has problem with elevated rights in these exes. Of course compatibility mode set to win 7 and run as admin in both cases.
Maybe some stupid Antivirus like defender or avast is messing with it.

@dev

Is this update mandatory or optional (bid fix only), I'm out of home till tomorrow.
So 10.35 is now normal fee for BN and 4.05 for BN mining, the last one comes very rare if it has to be this way then BN mining is not much profitable.
proletariat
Legendary

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 07:12:11 AM

Do you have your wallet and data in default catalog (...appdata/roaming/bitcredit) or in custom? My default one is crashing often after closing, but custom works without problems. So win 8.1 has problem with elevated rights in these exes. Of course compatibility mode set to win 7 and run as admin in both cases.

@dev

Is this update mandatory or optional (bid fix only), I'm out of home till tomorrow.

I have it on a custom folder but I also tried it with the default on appdata and it would behave the same.
bitcreditscc (OP)

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 07:14:20 AM

Sent my bid  Cool

@Bitcreditscc

Do you have the text from the ann images and logo in vector format? I'm in no way a pro but I'd like to fiddle around with the ann to see if I can make it more visually appealing.

I don't think so but i'll try find a way to get you access to the site where it is stored in its individual components.

bitcreditscc (OP)

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 07:15:58 AM

on the advice of a fellow more wizened coder, i am studying OP_RETURN and trying to figure out how each BN can use it to

2) Sign Blocks

This will take some time and some doing but seems far more cryptographically accurate that just a look up of previous blocks.

1) Complexity
2) Security
3) Computational cost

For now i'll tentatively say that we are likely to institute the changes in two weeks. For now there is an update incoming (next few hours ) that should finally settle bid payouts.

Because p2pool is not respecting payout blocks , i am working on a new rule that will ensure that they are respected by the network

Latest Win 64 build https://mega.nz/#!rp9DULoK!nBLgm1zNCdjaDhcAsJ-4bMfSDuy-keZMhQIAJ6BddKs

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Thanks, but wish you had waited a bit, got some code i am pushing to master in the hour that finishes the move to version 0.30.17. I promised voting so now i am delivering Smiley

I guess i'll have to do a write up of it as well.

bitcreditscc (OP)

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 07:18:49 AM

It's not you, it's QT. somewhere in there are are threads that are running concurrently and every time A beats B to the finish it crashes. We'll find it, one way or the other and resolve.

bitcreditscc (OP)

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 07:44:19 AM

@dev

Yes this is a mandatory update with bidding fixes going into effect immediately,

0.30.17.1 features

-fixed bidding for solo mining
-InstantX activation @ block 210000
- Voting system @ 210000
- Basics for Internal User/BN rating system
- Clean ups in lots of areas (fixed some random segfaulting)

Final push should be ready after hack finishes reading through.

dragos_bdi

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 08:16:13 AM

2) Sign Blocks

1) Complexity
2) Security
3) Computational cost

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Thanks, but wish you had waited a bit, got some code i am pushing to master in the hour that finishes the move to version 0.30.17. I promised voting so now i am delivering Smiley

Sorry, I will rebuild again after you finish  Embarrassed

Thank You for your tips!
bitcreditscc (OP)

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 08:40:21 AM

2) Sign Blocks

1) Complexity
2) Security
3) Computational cost

All good, we are done now , you can build.

Meanwhile i almost have an android -QT build, save for one error  Cry

dragos_bdi

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 08:49:32 AM

2) Sign Blocks

1) Complexity
2) Security
3) Computational cost

0.30.17.1 Download Link: https://mega.nz/#!LxNWwR6B!W35jyDBy5QiV9B-iT5OL46NwYWmVASJC2tI8cNjgWik

Thank You for your tips!
starblocks

Activity: 1344
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 09:09:56 AM

2) Sign Blocks

1) Complexity
2) Security
3) Computational cost

0.30.17.1 Download Link: https://mega.nz/#!LxNWwR6B!W35jyDBy5QiV9B-iT5OL46NwYWmVASJC2tI8cNjgWik

Nice work!

Going to check it out now

antonio8
Legendary

Activity: 1386

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 05:01:35 PM

Trying 0.30.17.1 and I know I sound like a broken record.

Deleted everything in appdata but wallet.dat, config and back up.

Started wallet at least 30 times and it just force closes without running.

Going back to 0.30.17 and hope it works.

If you are going to leave your BTC on an exchange please send it to this address instead 1GH3ub3UUHbU5qDJW5u3E9jZ96ZEmzaXtG, I will at least use the money better than someone who steals it from the exchange. Thanks Wink
dragos_bdi

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 05:05:03 PM

At me works ...

Thank You for your tips!
antonio8
Legendary

Activity: 1386

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 05:08:10 PM

At me works ...

I am on Windows 7 64 bit.

What OS are you running?

Edit: I seen it is Windows 64 build.

Edit 2: Maybe I have bad nodes. Is there a current list of working nodes.  I have a ton in my config file.

If you are going to leave your BTC on an exchange please send it to this address instead 1GH3ub3UUHbU5qDJW5u3E9jZ96ZEmzaXtG, I will at least use the money better than someone who steals it from the exchange. Thanks Wink
Pages: « 1 ... 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 [152] 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 ... 249 »
  Print  

Jump to: