Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:17:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 [112] 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 ... 249 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ◈◈Bitcredit ◈◈ Migrating to UniQredit◈◈  (Read 284487 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 01:22:39 PM

We who ?! Just analyze the last 2 months of transactions.
We need advertisement... aggressive, getting ppl to know who are we, and what are our intentions, present and future ...
PR ... are a big minus in this moments ...
Passing to a 50k BN, with good advertisement, could be a awesome IPO ...

We're a considerable way from the need for paid-for marketing. Most of the features aren't implemented yet.

DASH has a few guys spamming twitter etc. but I'm not convinced they have achieved much. Look at BTC - 6 years old and real world use is close to zero. Identifying our target market and the decision makers in it is key, since we can't afford a full page ad in the WSJ just yet.

Jo Public simply doesn't care (yet) and current wallets are too complex for Jo and Jo's granny. The corporate sector is another story though...

I think there should be some effort by us all to get out some info about the upcoming, "BCR ditches wasteful, exclusionary and unscalable Proof of Work as a means of blockchain security and distribution in favour of more secure Overlay Network Transaction Verification, Direct2Developer Funding and  Direct2Community Inclusive Distribution..." - or something. Revised thread title anyway. Possibly need to make it a bit snappier.  Cheesy

SigPoW / SmartPoW - better blockchain security with no waste
Direct2Developer Funding - not direct to power company
Inclusive Distribution - anyone can acquire newly minted coins, not just geeks with expensive hardware and cheap electricity

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
alganonim

Activity: 260
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 01:36:39 PM

I'm with dragos_bdi, first we need media attention, no one knows BCR, I'm monitoring trollboxes and few chats,  if some of premine can be spend on it then do it (twitter , some press, maybe faucet, all that was already mentioned before).  If we want to build some stronger community and attract more developers then this should be made first.

What's the point of discussing technological dilemas if only few people are involved in it right now, I must admit that some of yours conversations sounds for me just like mumbo jumbo, so what left to me is to believe that you will choose a right way to do it Wink

Changing BN 250k BCR requierement to 50k will make some additional work for me, generally I'm not against that but rebuilding 10 BN (maybe more) instead of 2 and updating it after every new version could be pain in the ass.

If I remember correctly first idea was to left BN requirement and create some smaller nodes with smaller BCR requirements, but then idea evolved to use some other coins nodes ...

Maybe there's a way to stay with so far created BNs or at least create some auto-tools which will help investors to make more Banknodes on one server.
hack_

Activity: 501
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 02:06:52 PM

I'm with dragos_bdi, first we need media attention, no one knows BCR, I'm monitoring trollboxes and few chats,  if some of premine can be spend on it then do it (twitter , some press, maybe faucet, all that was already mentioned before).  If we want to build some stronger community and attract more developers then this should be made first.

What's the point of discussing technological dilemas if only few people are involved in it right now, I must admit that some of yours conversations sounds for me just like mumbo jumbo, so what left to me is to believe that you will choose a right way to do it Wink

Changing BN 250k BCR requierement to 50k will make some additional work for me, generally I'm not against that but rebuilding 10 BN (maybe more) instead of 2 and updating it after every new version could be pain in the ass.

If I remember correctly first idea was to left BN requirement and create some smaller nodes with smaller BCR requirements, but then idea evolved to use some other coins nodes ...

Maybe there's a way to stay with so far created BNs or at least create some auto-tools which will help investors to make more Banknodes on one server.

Personally i love that this thread openly discusses changes and policy where we can all take part. You don't see that with any other coin, the devs just announce new features.

As for updating of wallets, i can give you a script that does it or just google how to operate multiple machines with the same command.

DID you know that your wallet has a "start-many" command for bank nodes?

Meanwhile, would you like to temporarily head the Marketing and Image effort?

gjhiggins
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2015, 03:10:07 PM

That's a less attractive invitation than might first appear, especially if unaccompanied by the corresponding marketing and design briefs.

Cheers

Graham
hack_

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 03:36:58 PM

That's a less attractive invitation than might first appear, especially if unaccompanied by the corresponding marketing and design briefs.

Cheers

Graham

very true, so we need a graphics run first as well as statements and Documentation. Minato has another draft paper in the works , it mentions

"Decentralized Enterprise and Application Platform" maybe we can build off it and make something
alganonim

Activity: 260
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 03:52:19 PM

Personally i love that this thread openly discusses changes and policy where we can all take part. You don't see that with any other coin, the devs just announce new features.

As for updating of wallets, i can give you a script that does it or just google how to operate multiple machines with the same command.

Some script was floating around somewhere here, another one could be helpful, if I remember correctly, couldn't get start-many to work, just using some workaround, if it would be so simple then I will believe it, so far not, but I don't want to be boring ...

As for marketing and image effort even temporary, do you want to have a person with bad engrish grammar which can't effectively communicate with people even in his native language ? I bet , no. I try to help as much as I can, but have a full time job, family and a lot to work to do. I'm sick enough of crypto community (not this) and to be honest want to leave the ship as quick as I can, so far bagholding some shitcoins make me here to stay for a while.

That's all ...

bitcreditscc (OP)

Activity: 602

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 04:32:13 PM
Last edit: June 08, 2015, 04:49:57 PM by bitcreditscc

Some script was floating around somewhere here, another one could be helpful, if I remember correctly, couldn't get start-many to work, just using some workaround, if it would be so simple then I will believe it, so far not, but I don't want to be boring ...

As for marketing and image effort even temporary, do you want to have a person with bad engrish grammar which can't effectively communicate with people even in his native language ? I bet , no. I try to help as much as I can, but have a full time job, family and a lot to work to do. I'm sick enough of crypto community (not this) and to be honest want to leave the ship as quick as I can, so far bagholding some shitcoins make me here to stay for a while.

That's all ...

yes the shenanigans are now tiresome, in a few months we will have a fully commercialized product with the D2D funding (thanks tlc)  we can move off these forums completely. Once we settle some of the brick and mortar stuff as well as have this product our visibility will grow beyond most projects.

We are going commercial and intend to reach out and get the attention of the 99.99 % of the world who don't know about crypto or don't like the technical hassle involved. First we are making the acquisition process extremely easy, some are already aware of our plans to cut dependence on BTC and move to direct fiat. We are adding commercial applications and utility to attract institutional use and we are going to simplify the use of the currency until it is comparable to sending a text message or using whatsapp.

Somewhere along the lines, the D2D funding will kick in and start paying for advertisement around the globe and lectures in universities. I'm  here and i am not going anywhere, this is not a pump and dump coin, wee developing a complete set of financial tool and a application platform to propagate and support a decentralized system of consensus.  With the addition of assets we introduce the ability to have a company's shares recorded and traded on the blockchain 24/7 fro anywhere in the world and any amount with no restrictions. Also one can create smart contracts as well as property /asset ownership agreements/transfer.

This is not a coin, it is a business venture. No quick buck here, it's big bucks long-term.

thelonecrouton
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 08:30:05 PM

Thankfully this is a moderated thread. We are due a deluge of trolls when word gets out about D2D and Sig/SmartPoW.

And 6-12 months tops from now, everyone will probably be doing it and competitive Proof of Wattage will be viewed as some collective mental aberration.  Grin

If BCR can crack the fiat entry barrier then... well, I'm actually exited about this stuff again.

Maybe Direct2Developer is a bit of a misnomer? It's really Direct2Blockchain  / Direct2Community / Direct2EveryoneWithAnyBCR, because anyone holding BCR is going to be holding tokens freely interchangeable with traditional currencies, because the distributed BCR blockchain will be administering those reserves.
hack_

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 08:56:23 PM

Thankfully this is a moderated thread. We are due a deluge of trolls when word gets out about D2D and Sig/SmartPoW.

And 6-12 months tops from now, everyone will probably be doing it and competitive Proof of Wattage will be viewed as some collective mental aberration.  Grin

If BCR can crack the fiat entry barrier then... well, I'm actually exited about this stuff again.

Maybe Direct2Developer is a bit of a misnomer? It's really Direct2Blockchain  / Direct2Community / Direct2EveryoneWithAnyBCR, because anyone holding BCR is going to be holding tokens freely interchangeable with traditional currencies, because the distributed BCR blockchain will be administering those reserves.

I think once the user base grows beyond bct , trolls won't matter much. I expect most communication will be through public announcements and a separate forum. Lol some of the things bcr can find out.

We'll definitely need to come up with branding for all of this.

Just ran some numbers , if every BN holder wishes to maintain their share by splitting into 5 BNs, thats 100 BNs , that is 100 non-competitive miners, that is 100 nodes permanently online. Not only are we improving distribution, we are improving client connectivity. Wish we could get some people from Russia, China, India and other countries involved.
thelonecrouton
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 09:10:52 PM

I think once the user base grows beyond bct , trolls won't matter much. I expect most communication will be through public announcements and a separate forum. Lol some of the things bcr can find out.

Just ran some numbers , if every BN holder wishes to maintain their share by splitting into 5 BNs, thats 100 BNs , that is 100 non-competitive miners, that is 100 nodes permanently online. Not only are we improving distribution, we are improving client connectivity. Wish we could get some people from Russia, China, India and other countries involved.

Yes, the sooner we leave toytown the better, but I really hope miners can see the benefit of spending money directly on the development of their assets instead of giving it to the power company.

And don't forget, BCR will be backed by that money.

If 'Coin' type names were still in vogue I'd suggest 'ParadimeTM', and Paradime ShiftTM' for the fiat bridge.  Cheesy

edit: if we can somehow get the goldbugs and silverstackers on board too... maybe maintain some of the backing in PMs? The Chinese / Indians / Russians love their shiny...
siameze
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 09:33:46 PM

Yes, the sooner we leave toytown the better, but I really hope miners can see the benefit of spending money directly on the development of their assets instead of giving it to the power company.

If 'Coin' type names were still in vogue I'd suggest 'ParadimeTM', and Paradime ShiftTM' for the fiat bridge.  Cheesy

edit: if we can somehow get the goldbugs and silverstackers on board too... maybe maintain some of the backing in PMs? The Chinese / Indians / Russians love their shiny...

I got on board with Unobtanium because they are issuing a NXT asset for verification of the amount of precious metals one holds. If there is a "built-in" asset for that sort of thing, so much the better. Smiley

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRideINNOVATIVE ▬▬▬
DICE GAME
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
PROVABLY
F A I R
▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
BUY  BACK
PLANS
[BTC]
hack_

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 09:52:44 PM

that would create an even more stabilized value!!! even when the US / Russia / EU and China play their currency wars ,  if we have backing that is in PMs we would always come out on top.

bitcreditscc (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 10:08:52 PM

man, all we need is a really good java dev.

thelonecrouton
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 10:19:10 PM

Bitcoin Forum > Alternate cryptocurrencies > Marketplace (Altcoins)   -   some devs advertise there, maybe an ad of our own- - java dev wanted?
bitcreditscc (OP)

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 06:13:40 PM
Last edit: June 09, 2015, 07:40:17 PM by bitcreditscc

Bitcoin Forum > Alternate cryptocurrencies > Marketplace (Altcoins)   -   some devs advertise there, maybe an ad of our own- - java dev wanted?

will check it out,

Thoughts on blockstream "Elements"? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1085273.msg11572844#msg11572844

I dislike it because it does not solve any real problems, all it's doing is centralizing everything around bitcoin.

thelonecrouton
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 08:31:23 PM

Bitcoin Forum > Alternate cryptocurrencies > Marketplace (Altcoins)   -   some devs advertise there, maybe an ad of our own- - java dev wanted?

will check it out,

Thoughts on blockstream "Elements"? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1085273.msg11572844#msg11572844

I dislike it because it does not solve any real problems, all it's doing is centralizing everything around bitcoin.

Sidechains are fundamentally indistinguishable from separate currencies, although they may cohabit on shared infrastructure. I thought BTC zealots hated alts?  Cheesy

Sidechains might be easier to peg in value to the motherchain, though imposing price pegs instead of letting market forces determine value has never really worked and the attempt is always systemically destructive, as a glance at the current fiat shambles will demonstrate.
thelonecrouton
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 08:37:51 PM

@bitcreditscc: I'm trying to get the QT wallet to build in QT Creator, but the src appears to be missing paymentrequest.pb.h?

It's an #include in paymentrequestplus.h and commenting it out gives 'payments does not have a specified type' errors.

Any advice would be appreciated, if I can get the desktop wallet building in Creator (or via qmake/make) I'm hopeful I can get it to spit out an Android .apk
bitcreditscc (OP)

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 09:09:28 PM

@bitcreditscc: I'm trying to get the QT wallet to build in QT Creator, but the src appears to be missing paymentrequest.pb.h?

It's an #include in paymentrequestplus.h and commenting it out gives 'payments does not have a specified type' errors.

Any advice would be appreciated, if I can get the desktop wallet building in Creator (or via qmake/make) I'm hopeful I can get it to spit out an Android .apk

ok, i think that file is generated during the build process. So i suggest looking through the build process in the .am files and applying that to the .pro file

bitcreditscc (OP)

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 09:11:32 PM
Last edit: June 09, 2015, 09:22:50 PM by bitcreditscc

will check it out,

Sidechains are fundamentally indistinguishable from separate currencies, although they may cohabit on shared infrastructure. I thought BTC zealots hated alts?  Cheesy

Sidechains might be easier to peg in value to the motherchain, though imposing price pegs instead of letting market forces determine value has never really worked and the attempt is always systemically destructive, as a glance at the current fiat shambles will demonstrate.

i understand the need for multi-channeling but after looking at Elements i am unimpressed, maybe i'll change my mind if i see something better but for now, NO. I see the flaws you highlighted and more.

bitcreditscc (OP)

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 11:48:37 PM

Working on the logic for bid based payouts, you'll likely see the code tomorrow then we can discuss this further

Pages: « 1 ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 [112] 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 ... 249 »
  Print  

Jump to: