Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 04:08:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 [203] 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ◈◈Bitcredit ◈◈ Migrating to UniQredit◈◈  (Read 284487 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
bitcreditscc (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 06:52:11 PM

instead of asking for peoples thoughts what about the wallet sync issues? when thats fixed we can move it.. first things first right??

unless the wallet has been fixed then ill take back what i said.. has it?

The wallet never needed fixing.  I ask for people's thoughts because this is not a dictatorship. While i may control many aspects of this project, i lean on the opinions of users and supporters.

hack_

Activity: 501
Merit: 503

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 06:58:22 PM

Something i'm thinking as a solution to the funding issue

Bitcredit will open an investment option as follows:

1) a % of the pre-mine will be divided proportionally among investors based on % of the total that they have donated.

2) We will add a stipulation that a % of all emissions (blocks) are to be distributed to each of the investors proportionally.

3) Organizations spun off BNs on the network will allocate a % of their gross profit to the investors. (this is the real good part)

The above may change slightly based on community response but that is the gist of it.

The funding target for this drive will be set by what the community wishes to fund and will determine the % that will be allocated to investors.

Thoughts?

certain amount of blocks going to developers is not liked so i dont think that some early birds should get reward forever. they may not even be invested in it later and they would be still earning not attractive for newcomers also would you need the organizations permission to allocate 0.1% to investors. the less fee the better just my 2 cents if i had the money i would donate

I agree , but i also see where the dev is coming from. The issue here though is that very few people can and will donate towards development, and rather than investing in "coins" this seems more like investing in the =whole ecosystem, pretty much what it actually should be like.

Think on it, i'll use the example he gave me :- by buying USD are you investing in the F.Reserve ? Is buying a song on itunes an investment in APPL ?

This idea could work but the incentives need to be adjusted.

Btw , you are wrong about the organizations, it would be part of protocol from my understanding ergo enforced by code.

Maybe instead of 0.1%  of profit, why not a once off 1% of shares? And rather than perpetual rewards, you create cycles? ie those who donate now will get a % of blocks starting today till 3 or 4 months, then another round. This will allow new users to join in and keep investments coming in.
jasemoney
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008

Forget-about-it

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 08:13:58 PM

I'm torn on the ideas presented. crowdfunding for the 6 mil increases the tradable ammt by more than a quarter of the coin supply. And at todays prices it wouldnt be enough to raise the 10 BTC requested by bitcreditscc to hire a dev.
To increase the bidding prices per BCR, you could sell 1 or 2 million of the reserve, and add the stipulation that a % of all emissions distributed to these investors. hopefully people would be more quick to invest in this crowdsale if it also came with future income.
you could do it like the US Fed auctions.
sell the 6 mil off in blocks.
10,000 bcr right now costs .012 btc sell a block for .025 with the incentive to get another 10,000 within 6 months or a year.
after the 6 months or year expires have another auction
200 auction blocks of 10,000bcr at .025btc a piece would be 5BTC raised. and put us halfway to the goal.

We do need to make an attempt at keeping the fees and rewards simple though.
We have superblocks where your tip addresses get 20% those addresses have recieved nearly 3 million coins (over 15% of the total supply of BCR), and last superblock the miner got 230BCR on a normal bid payout.
every 5 blocks the offices get 2.25BCR split between them. so far officers have recieved nearly 5k bcr.
and if we crowdsale the 6 mil premine and give them future income equirty then those addresses will get paid out also.
obviously we also have 8.4 normally for miners, 6 for banknodes, and the other 4 mil of the premine that was spent or something.

we would need to do some math to figure out an ammt to compensate crowdfund winners that isnt to high or low.

these equity officers could be tradable so we dont have to hardfork to put in new addresses after each auction. and i do think putting a cap on how long they get paid couldbe good.

also a webwallet running off the daemon would be good as you can design it nicer.
it would also be nice to have an explorer that tracks the current officer addresses and votes/topics.

$MAID & $BTC other than that some short hodls and some long held garbage.
antonio8
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 08:25:20 PM

instead of asking for peoples thoughts what about the wallet sync issues? when thats fixed we can move it.. first things first right??

unless the wallet has been fixed then ill take back what i said.. has it?

The wallet never needed fixing.  I ask for people's thoughts because this is not a dictatorship. While i may control many aspects of this project, i lean on the opinions of users and supporters.

I can see that you will never admit that people are having issues with this wallet.

I am on Windows 7 64 bit on all three rigs and still can't get the wallet to sync. You still have not answered from my previous attempt to find out what the current wallet is. I know what it says in the OP and I have mentioned that with the current "beta" versions out that the OP does not always mention the current one in use.

When you have to delete everything in the roaming folder but wallet.dat, config file and backup folder just to get the wallet to open and then let it resync then there is a issue with the wallet.

You can call me a complainer, you can call me a fudster but hell make sure you also call me an investor since that is what I did with 2 of the bank nodes. And now you ask for donations and some of us can't even get our wallets to work. I have never had an issue like this with any other wallet.

Image 1

Image 2

If you are going to leave your BTC on an exchange please send it to this address instead 1GH3ub3UUHbU5qDJW5u3E9jZ96ZEmzaXtG, I will at least use the money better than someone who steals it from the exchange. Thanks Wink
proletariat
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 08:29:30 PM

While you mull what hack_ and i said, i need to hear comments of a different approach to the wallet.

Since the QT is really gonna grow, it runs the risk of becoming sluggish. Just in case i am thinking of starting a run for a html browser wallet. ie you start the wallet as a daemon-server then access evrything via your browser.

Thoughts?

I'd prefer a standalone qt, an app you can eventually download from the playstore or itunes, something an everyday person can fiddle around, with the least amount of buttons. The whole NXT wallet system feels alien to me, I know it resides in my pc but using a browser feels like I'm more exposed, like communicating with an external server etc. My online banking app is just that, an app.

Just my uneducated not tech savvy consumer take on it.
proletariat
Legendary

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 08:42:02 PM

.......We have superblocks where your tip addresses get 20% .........

Not just superblocks, bank and reserve is getting 20% of the coin production. Not complaining in the slightest - it's needed and healthy for all those involved - but it needs to be accounted for when infrastructure and man hours are being discussed in addition to the initial 10m.
bitcreditscc (OP)

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 08:50:39 PM

I'm torn on the ideas presented. crowdfunding for the 6 mil increases the tradable ammt by more than a quarter of the coin supply. And at todays prices it wouldnt be enough to raise the 10 BTC requested by bitcreditscc to hire a dev.
To increase the bidding prices per BCR, you could sell 1 or 2 million of the reserve, and add the stipulation that a % of all emissions distributed to these investors. hopefully people would be more quick to invest in this crowdsale if it also came with future income.
you could do it like the US Fed auctions.
sell the 6 mil off in blocks.
10,000 bcr right now costs .012 btc sell a block for .025 with the incentive to get another 10,000 within 6 months or a year.
after the 6 months or year expires have another auction
200 auction blocks of 10,000bcr at .025btc a piece would be 5BTC raised. and put us halfway to the goal.

We do need to make an attempt at keeping the fees and rewards simple though.
We have superblocks where your tip addresses get 20% those addresses have recieved nearly 3 million coins (over 15% of the total supply of BCR), and last superblock the miner got 230BCR on a normal bid payout.
every 5 blocks the offices get 2.25BCR split between them. so far officers have recieved nearly 5k bcr.
and if we crowdsale the 6 mil premine and give them future income equirty then those addresses will get paid out also.
obviously we also have 8.4 normally for miners, 6 for banknodes, and the other 4 mil of the premine that was spent or something.

we would need to do some math to figure out an ammt to compensate crowdfund winners that isnt to high or low.

these equity officers could be tradable so we dont have to hardfork to put in new addresses after each auction. and i do think putting a cap on how long they get paid couldbe good.

also a webwallet running off the daemon would be good as you can design it nicer.
it would also be nice to have an explorer that tracks the current officer addresses and votes/topics.

Ok, i think we are getting somewhere, can you try and put it in a simpler straight post as a proposal then we all debate and haggle to a better fitting policy?

Yeah, after checking out how much GUI stuff i need to do in QT that's where the idea came from, so we'll see how much QT can take before it lags then take it from there.

bitcreditscc (OP)

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 08:54:57 PM

I can see that you will never admit that people are having issues with this wallet.

I am on Windows 7 64 bit on all three rigs and still can't get the wallet to sync. You still have not answered from my previous attempt to find out what the current wallet is. I know what it says in the OP and I have mentioned that with the current "beta" versions out that the OP does not always mention the current one in use.

When you have to delete everything in the roaming folder but wallet.dat, config file and backup folder just to get the wallet to open and then let it resync then there is a issue with the wallet.

You can call me a complainer, you can call me a fudster but hell make sure you also call me an investor since that is what I did with 2 of the bank nodes. And now you ask for donations and some of us can't even get our wallets to work. I have never had an issue like this with any other wallet.

What is strange about your statement is that when the wallet had real problems i did admit and we eventually got to the root of it.

Again, you are on windows and i develop and test on linux, perhaps there is something that is choking the windows wallet. Also, if you have custom configurations for block folders and wallets, try working on the default.

What issue are you facing when you do a fresh sync? If it is getting stuck somewhere then have you checked the peers you connect to?

bitcreditscc (OP)

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 08:59:25 PM

While you mull what hack_ and i said, i need to hear comments of a different approach to the wallet.

Since the QT is really gonna grow, it runs the risk of becoming sluggish. Just in case i am thinking of starting a run for a html browser wallet. ie you start the wallet as a daemon-server then access evrything via your browser.

Thoughts?

I'd prefer a standalone qt, an app you can eventually download from the playstore or itunes, something an everyday person can fiddle around, with the least amount of buttons. The whole NXT wallet system feels alien to me, I know it resides in my pc but using a browser feels like I'm more exposed, like communicating with an external server etc. My online banking app is just that, an app.

Just my uneducated not tech savvy consumer take on it.

These are indeed valid UX points and will be taken into consideration.... but just for curiosity, have you looked at how many seperate pages there are already in the wallet? The introduction of p2plending will add at least 3 , if we tally all planned services as adding one each after this, by the time we are adding the Money markets and derivatives exchanges we will have an additional 12 or more.... it seems sipler and cleaner to use the browser under such conditions.....

But anyway we can also just make wallet UI optional, QT, browser or add on UIs.

lockepi

Activity: 469
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 09:26:04 PM

going to be hard to raise funds with very little on buy orders.
bitcreditscc (OP)

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 09:34:03 PM

Not just superblocks, bank and reserve is getting 20% of the coin production. Not complaining in the slightest - it's needed and healthy for all those involved - but it needs to be accounted for when infrastructure and man hours are being discussed in addition to the initial 10m.

But then we hit the brick wall don't we ?  Smiley  i have always asked members of the community to participate but for the most part it's only a few words said and no action. The only good thing about crypto is the blockchains, i can always point out where everything went .

My explaining to you that i need 0.02 BTC to tip dev X for his ideas and Y piece of code he corrected is hilariously sad when you calculate that 20% and find it to be less than £2 a day.

Let's come up with a real plan and we can find a way to make it happen. For now i am just worried about beating the 1 January deadline i set for myself to have certain things working in the code , by hook or crook.

antonio8
Legendary

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 09:41:30 PM

What is strange about your statement is that when the wallet had real problems i did admit and we eventually got to the root of it.

Again, you are on windows and i develop and test on linux, perhaps there is something that is choking the windows wallet. Also, if you have custom configurations for block folders and wallets, try working on the default.

What issue are you facing when you do a fresh sync? If it is getting stuck somewhere then have you checked the peers you connect to?

I can't even tell you what a custom configured block folder is. I an using what the default wallet is.

About the peers, I have 2 active connections after trying the open the wallet again and it is resyncing now. Last issue after resyncing was stuck at block"?" I cant tell you because it was so long ago I never wrote it down and closed the wallet and that was back in September. I just gave up and was hoping for a new release of the wallet.

Would it be possible to update the OP and have a list of known good nodes to connect too? There is so much things to try and do that is spread out in this thread it would be nice to have one spot to find all the information we need. I currently have 4 addnodes in my config file and can't tell you if they are even good now.

I'll repost after the wallet has resynced.

If you are going to leave your BTC on an exchange please send it to this address instead 1GH3ub3UUHbU5qDJW5u3E9jZ96ZEmzaXtG, I will at least use the money better than someone who steals it from the exchange. Thanks Wink
bitcreditscc (OP)

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 09:41:53 PM

going to be hard to raise funds with very little on buy orders.

Hello, and welcome

So very true, which is why i suggested we hold a funding round that offers long term benefits for those who donate.

I hope to one day convince people that buying BCR is not an investment , but investing in BCR itself is the investment.

I always tell people , buying USD is not invcesting in the federal reserve , much like buying an iphone does not make you an APPL shareholder.

bitcreditscc (OP)

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 09:45:01 PM

I can't even tell you what a custom configured block folder is. I an using what the default wallet is.

About the peers, I have 2 active connections after trying the open the wallet again and it is resyncing now. Last issue after resyncing was stuck at block"?" I cant tell you because it was so long ago I never wrote it down and closed the wallet and that was back in September. I just gave up and was hoping for a new release of the wallet.

Would it be possible to update the OP and have a list of known good nodes to connect too? There is so much things to try and do that is spread out in this thread it would be nice to have one spot to find all the information we need. I currently have 4 addnodes in my config file and can't tell you if they are even good now.

All good..but why not just bootstrap ? Bittrex had a problem yesterday and we resolved it in minutes, just bootstrapped and were back in business. The adv of that is because you are already ahead of the problem peers, you won't get blocks form them anymore.

I could bump us up a version and release an update tomorrow that cuts them off, but i was hoping to avoid incremental updates this time so we have a smoother transition

proletariat
Legendary

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 09:56:26 PM

But then we hit the brick wall don't we ?  Smiley  i have always asked members of the community to participate but for the most part it's only a few words said and no action. The only good thing about crypto is the blockchains, i can always point out where everything went .

My explaining to you that i need 0.02 BTC to tip dev X for his ideas and Y piece of code he corrected is hilariously sad when you calculate that 20% and find it to be less than £2 a day.

Let's come up with a real plan and we can find a way to make it happen. For now i am just worried about beating the 1 January deadline i set for myself to have certain things working in the code , by hook or crook.

Fair enough.
Waiting to see the revised jasemoney's proposal.
bitcreditscc (OP)

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 10:00:31 PM

Changing how people perceive BCR is a challenge....Dynamic platforms like BCR offer multiple income streams, something i want people to harness and understand. We've managed to discourage competitive mining meaning that less is spent on electric and hardware costs, but people have not quite grasped the concept of being able to just bid for coins instead. Rather than spend $20 on electricity to get $4 of BCR people can now use that $20 to get $20 worth of BCR paid automatically to your address.

I want to remove super blocks and instead have payouts during the course of the whole day, there is an exploit that exists that can be used to snipe the block and i want to remove the incentive while letting bidders get their fair share. There will be no change to the daily emissions count, but just how it is distributed. Also this change allows me to do far more complicated coinbase transactions which is a definite requirement for how the future developments.

LucD88

Activity: 525
Merit: 510

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 10:08:27 PM

I just spoke with bitcreditscc, and he also agrees that the syncing issues with the Windows wallet should be solved once and for good. Since he doesn't have a dedicated Windows machine, I offered my help and decided to form a 'BCR Windows wallet testing group.'

If you have a Windows machine (any Windows is good), and would like to help out, send me a PM!

Please note: We'll be testing a wallet straight from a dev (unstable) branch, so do NOT store any big amounts of BCR in the testing wallet!
hack_

Activity: 501
Merit: 503

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 10:11:13 PM

Lay off the dev , we finally got the database to connect and the tables to load after +8 hours back and forth today.

antonio8
Legendary

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 11:32:46 PM

All good..but why not just bootstrap ? Bittrex had a problem yesterday and we resolved it in minutes, just bootstrapped and were back in business. The adv of that is because you are already ahead of the problem peers, you won't get blocks form them anymore.

I could bump us up a version and release an update tomorrow that cuts them off, but i was hoping to avoid incremental updates this time so we have a smoother transition

Just tried the bootstrap from hack_ and the wallet will not open at all. It force close in less than a second. Opened it about 30 times and it force closes.

Deleted it all and opened wallet and it is syncing.

Why not put all the information in the OP so we can make sure we are using the correct things we need?

Also what are the correct nodes to be using?

proletariat
Legendary

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 11:49:42 PM

Just tried the bootstrap from hack_ and the wallet will not open at all. It force close in less than a second. Opened it about 30 times and it force closes.

Deleted it all and opened wallet and it is syncing.

Why not put all the information in the OP so we can make sure we are using the correct things we need?

Also what are the correct nodes to be using?

try this newer bootstrtap by dragos https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=896133.msg13046000#msg13046000

I haven't had a problem since. also, use the "dirty" version as the one on OP also closes for me but that dirty one has been rock solid so far.
Pages: « 1 ... 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 [203] 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 »
  Print  

Jump to: