Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:22:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 [215] 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ◈◈Bitcredit ◈◈ Migrating to UniQredit◈◈  (Read 284484 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
antonio8
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 02:44:28 PM

Hopefully last issue from me.

Is putting the wallet.dat from the appdata folder backup just a drop in the roaming folder and renaming to wallet.dat?

I show block 265,169 at 36 hours behind but last transaction from 7/14/2015 with only 6.08721855 BCR in my wallet. I did not do a back-up from the option on the bottom row.

If not frick me, I am down to 2 BN.

If you are sure you have the right back up file then just get the private keys and import in new wallet after successful sync

So about 9 hours later now and still at block 265,169.

Are there any nodes to add to the conf file?

If you are going to leave your BTC on an exchange please send it to this address instead 1GH3ub3UUHbU5qDJW5u3E9jZ96ZEmzaXtG, I will at least use the money better than someone who steals it from the exchange. Thanks Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
hack_

Activity: 501
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 02:57:14 PM

For those who arent aware bidding is cheaper than market   Tongue

Anybody care to give me a summary of how bidding works?

Every block, the BCR blockchain sends coins to bidders. You bid by sending BTC to the address in the "Block Auction" screen. Say you are the only one to send 0.01 BTC, until another bidder comes every block mined all day will give you 38 BCR. If other people make a bids, then the coins are divided among them, relative to their % of the total.

so sometimes even when market price is 500 sats, a well placed bid can get you coins for less. each round is roughly 24 hours.
hack_

Activity: 501

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 02:58:47 PM

Hopefully last issue from me.

Is putting the wallet.dat from the appdata folder backup just a drop in the roaming folder and renaming to wallet.dat?

I show block 265,169 at 36 hours behind but last transaction from 7/14/2015 with only 6.08721855 BCR in my wallet. I did not do a back-up from the option on the bottom row.

If not frick me, I am down to 2 BN.

If you are sure you have the right back up file then just get the private keys and import in new wallet after successful sync

So about 9 hours later now and still at block 265,169.

Are there any nodes to add to the conf file?

You did not bootstrap.
alganonim

Activity: 260
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 03:03:51 PM

Every block, the BCR blockchain sends coins to bidders. You bid by sending BTC to the address in the "Block Auction" screen. Say you are the only one to send 0.01 BTC, until another bidder comes every block mined all day will give you 38 BCR. If other people make a bids, then the coins are divided among them, relative to their % of the total.

so sometimes even when market price is 500 sats, a well placed bid can get you coins for less. each round is roughly 24 hours.

That's a nice explanation, once I tried to bid, for 0,005 BTC I get 1450 BCR, so was not so lucky, so I quit.
CHAOSiTEC
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 04:02:45 PM
Last edit: December 13, 2015, 04:15:51 PM by CHAOSiTEC

That's a nice explanation, once I tried to bid, for 0,005 BTC I get 1450 BCR, so was not so lucky, so I quit.

so, what do i have to do to make the bidding work, just send to the btc address, and its automated? or do i need to do something else?

edit:

ahh so i need to supply the private key, of the address i send from...

well, either i would have to wait several days for blockchain to finish up, or not use that at all, since i use a trezor for my bitcoin

node-vps.com - Tron / Masternode hosting services
bitcreditscc (OP)

Activity: 602

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 04:15:05 PM

so, what do i have to do to make the bidding work, just send to the btc address, and its automated? or do i need to do something else?

1) Ensure you control the private key for the address you send from (Preferably use bitcoin core or Multibit)

2) Send your bid to the bidding address (minimum 0.001)

3) Import the private key you sent with into your BCR wallet, the very next block should start paying you BCR.

4) Sit back relax and watch the coins pour in

Say you are a new comer hoping to get cheap quick BNs, you can make aggressive bids @ the start of each period

eg if you post a 0.05 bid this will make other potential bidders back off.

We will fix the internal calculator in the next iteration

newguy12

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 04:15:47 PM

Hi what's going on with this coin? Bittrex says blockchain no longer operational? Being delisted? TL;DR anyone? Thanks.
bitcreditscc (OP)

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 04:20:25 PM

Hi what's going on with this coin? Bittrex says blockchain no longer operational? Being delisted? TL;DR anyone? Thanks.

they have not responded yet

CHAOSiTEC
Legendary

Activity: 1358

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 04:21:43 PM

1) Ensure you control the private key for the address you send from (Preferably use bitcoin core or Multibit)

3) Import the private key you sent with into your BCR wallet, the very next block should start paying you BCR.

Say you are a new comer hoping to get cheap quick BNs, you can make aggressive bids @ the start of each period

quick question, can i use the same private key over and over?

node-vps.com - Tron / Masternode hosting services
bitcreditscc (OP)

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 04:24:44 PM

quick question, can i use the same private key over and over?

IMO it is actually preferred for simplicity

newguy12

Activity: 132

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 04:32:33 PM

So is BCR still good and project is ongoing? Any truth to their claim the blockchain no longer works? Or is there a new coin in the making you guys are "bidding" on with BCR, or trading in your BCR for it? Very hard to follow what's happening. Would really appreciate a thorough status update, or point me towards a link where I can catch up? Many thanks. Smiley
bitcreditscc (OP)

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 05:08:27 PM

So is BCR still good and project is ongoing? Any truth to their claim the blockchain no longer works? Or is there a new coin in the making you guys are "bidding" on with BCR, or trading in your BCR for it? Very hard to follow what's happening. Would really appreciate a thorough status update, or point me towards a link where I can catch up? Many thanks. Smiley

The blockchain works just fine, and yes the project is very much alive. I posted a windows link some posts back and a bootstrap as well.

The list of current features is long and incoming features are even longer.

i don't have much time to work on our website, it's a bit outdated, but we'll figure something out. :- http://bitcentral.website/

MbccompanyX

Activity: 182

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 05:23:47 PM

The blockchain works just fine, and yes the project is very much alive. I posted a windows link some posts back and a bootstrap as well.

The list of current features is long and incoming features are even longer.

i don't have much time to work on our website, it's a bit outdated, but we'll figure something out. :- http://bitcentral.website/

You don't think that maybe is better that the list is split into features that can be done quickly and features that asks for some time? So you can make up some kind of idea about when an actual build needs to be considered stable because for what i see there is the risk people will not invest because isn't clear if those features at the moment are implemented or not in the code

jasemoney
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008

Forget-about-it

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 05:46:48 PM
Last edit: December 13, 2015, 08:06:31 PM by jasemoney

To add to what hack_ says about bidding...

Bids are assessed every block and paid each block for the 900 block bid period.. They are paid based on Block explorer data for this Bitcoin address controlled by Bitcreditscc https://blockchain.info/address/1BCRbid2i3wbgqrKtgLGem6ZchcfYbnhNu
You can see daily sweeps of this address ensuring that the next days bid cycle is clean.

To Bid you MUST! bid from an address whose private key you control. So do not just send form an exchange. Its recommended to use coin control so you know which private keys to transfer over to Bitcredit-QT.

1) Inside the Bid page of Bitcredit-QT you can see when the next bids cycle will begin by refreshing the data.
2) Send some Bitcoin to the bid address. It appears currently both Bitcoin Core and Electrum private keys work but please test with small amounts.
3) Double check your transaction and dump the private key of your sending address
      - in bitcoin core console unlock your wallet: "walletpassphrase <password> 300"
      -then "dumpprivkey <address>" copy this key
4) In your Bitcredit-QT import the private key of the BTC address you bid from.
      -in the Bitcredit-QT console unlock your wallet: "walletpassphrase <password> 300"
     - then "importprivkey <key dumped from BTC client> <optional name for address>
5) Wait until the next bid assessment block passes and you will begin receiving your share of the daily bid's BCR coins

Tips:
-Your bitcoin client will send your change to a different address, if you bid again you'll have to find the new address and import the new key to Bitcredit-QT
-<optional name for address> I usually put in "bid"+"date" so it looks like this "importprivkey <key> bid121015" in this way i can use coin control in Bitcredit-QT and see the full payout for my bid on December 10th

Note: Address is controlled by the Developer. At this time the goal is to fundraise ~10BTC for colored coin development and other features, and another ~3BTC for android wallet with additional features. All fund use is approved by community vote first with the goal of eventually using bids after development to asset back BCR's chain.

Note also: I am currently testing to see if bids happen for a full 900 blocks on each bid, or just during the bid cycle in which you enter. It will either be:
1) User enters bid with 450 blocks left in the 900 block cycle and gets paid for the next 900 blocks (this could screw up the payout ammounts)
2) User enters bid with 450 blocks left in the 900 block cycle and gets paid out during the remaining 450 blocks (User forefits the first 450 payouts by bidding late)

$MAID & $BTC other than that some short hodls and some long held garbage.
jasemoney
Legendary

Forget-about-it

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 06:21:49 PM

FYI Chainz is on 266673 while one of my wallets is on 266927
I also tried mining again last night on my banknode wallets. Each solved a block reasonably quick so I let them sit until each was well past 40 blocks and setgenerate true again. when I woke up this morning both had crashed with a Banknode DIV invalid something error. and are stuck at 266916 so for solo miners with the wallet it almost seems like you need to bootstrap after every block is solved :/

wallet crashed importing a privkey and set itself back to 266914 shows synced. guess ill bootstrap all 3 of my wallets and see where they end up

antonio8
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 06:32:27 PM

I also tried mining again last night on my banknode wallets. Each solved a block reasonably quick so I let them sit until each was well past 40 blocks and setgenerate true again. when I woke up this morning both had crashed with a Banknode DIV invalid something error. and are stuck at 266916 so for solo miners with the wallet it almost seems like you need to bootstrap after every block is solved :/

wallet crashed importing a privkey and set itself back to 266914 shows synced. guess ill bootstrap all 3 of my wallets and see where they end up

Do you have a good web page I can read on how to do this? I am trying to get my wallet back to it's coins and I am not openening the other 2 until I can be assure I have not messed this one up beyond repair.

If you are going to leave your BTC on an exchange please send it to this address instead 1GH3ub3UUHbU5qDJW5u3E9jZ96ZEmzaXtG, I will at least use the money better than someone who steals it from the exchange. Thanks Wink
jasemoney
Legendary

Forget-about-it

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 06:49:29 PM
Last edit: December 13, 2015, 07:08:04 PM by jasemoney

Do you have a good web page I can read on how to do this? I am trying to get my wallet back to it's coins and I am not openening the other 2 until I can be assure I have not messed this one up beyond repair.
I was importing a bitcoin private key for the bids..

but if you have your BCR private keys or your addresses you can dump and import into a fresh wallet..

to make wallet unlocked "walletpassphrase <password> 300" type this in console to unlock your wallet for 5 minutes
you have bcr address known to be yours you can type into console "dumpprivkey <address>"  
then open the new wallet and unlock it and type "importprivkey <key>"  it will rescan and if it is synced itll show any coins.

to swap between an old wallet and a new wallet youd have to move around the wallet.dat's so backup your wallet and your backups folder. open bitcredits-qt and dump private keys for all the addresses you need to then close the bitcredit-qt. move the current wallet.dat out of the data directory and open bitcredit-qt again, it will make a new blank wallet to which you can import the keys.
note: on a fully synced wallet it can take 2-5 minutes to rescan per address. also note youll need to encrypt your new wallet whenever you get a chance.

Im guessing since you were running banknodes that you did not have bcr spread out in a ton of different addresses just a few so this shouldnt be to labor intensive.
please do not delete any old wallets or copy over them. move them and rename them appropriately so you know what is what the last thing anyone wants is burnt/dead bcr coins.

jasemoney
Legendary

Forget-about-it

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 07:00:41 PM

Whoever sent this transaction https://blockchain.info/tx/e9eedfb8b7767593f959f59a700e4d452a807ce8efa5608cb7efb1acda011f86

did you import both priv keys>?

stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1652

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 07:18:09 PM

This waiting for Trex to let me at my coins is killing me.  I want to set up some nodes.
jasemoney
Legendary

Forget-about-it

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 07:20:41 PM

This waiting for Trex to let me at my coins is killing me.  I want to set up some nodes.
you could do the legwork of setting up the different data directories and the banknode privkeys and gather your addresses. last week we were down in bittrex for a few days. so who knows when theyll get around to re-syncing this time.

Pages: « 1 ... 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 [215] 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 »
  Print  

Jump to: