Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:20:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 ... 295 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTMINER S5: 1155GH(+OverClock Potential), In Stock $0.319/GH & 0.51W/GH  (Read 450905 times)
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2015, 05:09:06 AM

As of now sp20 is a much better choice by the simple fact that it costs a lot less and you get much better GH/s per BTC, the S5 could be a better choice if the price was right but it is not.

Currently the only point of comparison is the SP20. So consider these 3 questions for a second.

1) Which miner looks like it costs more to manufacture?
2) If Bitmain is not willing to sell at such a low price consistently, is there a reason for that?
3) How sustainable is the more expensive to make miner in the long run?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dmwardjr
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318

Technical Analyst/Trader

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 05:20:23 AM
Last edit: January 27, 2015, 05:42:01 AM by dmwardjr

Yes, we should have freedom of speech.  Everyone has a right to voice their opinion while remaining civil.

My power costs are 7.3 cents per kWH.  Attaining my ROI will be done within a 6 month time frame rather than 5 month time frame because of the price of bitcoin decreasing the way it has.  

Example:  16 S5's @ $420.00 each = $6,720.00
                8 1800 EVGA PSU's @ $170.00 each = $1,360.00
Total:  $8,080.00

.2256 BTC mined daily with 18.5 TH/s on CKPool x 30.416667 days each month = 6.86200008 BTC in one month.

6.86200008 BTC x $257.00 per BTC = $1,763.53

power costs @ 7.3 cents per kWH:

Cost Per Hour:   $0.803000
Cost Per Day:   $19.272000
Cost Per Week:   $134.904
Cost Per Month:   $539.62
Cost Per Year:   $7,015.01

BTC mined per day on average at present difficulty:  .2256 x $260.00 per bitcoin = $58.65 daily - $19.27 power costs daily = $39.38 daily before taxes.

$8,080.00 divided by $39.38 daily after power = 205 days (almost 7 months at present price of bitcoin).

Will bitcoin remain at present price?  I doubt it...

If the price of bitcoin increased 20% in one month and the difficulty increased 10% in the same month; one can subtract approximately 10% of the number of days from their ROI.

Example: 205 day ROI x 10% = 20.5 days [subtract 20.5 from 205] = 184.5 days remaining till ROI is met.

Example: Started with 205 days; 30 days past and 175 days remain; The price increased 20% and diff increasing 10% which resulted in subtracting 10% (17.5 days) from the remaining 175 days to leave left over 157.5 days.

If the next month the price of bitcoin increased 5% and the difficulty increased 15%; one must add approximately 10% of the number of days on to the remaining days.

Example:  157.5 days minus 30 days that passed = 127.5 days; 10% of 127.5 days = 12.75 days that I must add to 127.5 days = 140.25 days remaining to ROI after beginning with 205 days two months prior.

If the next month [3rd month] the price increased 20% and the difficulty increased 18%; then 2% in number of days would be subtracted from our next ROI days remaining.

Example:  140.25 days minus 31 days that passed = 109.25 days; 2% of 109.25 days = 2.2 days; I need to subtract 2.2 days from 109.25 days for a total of 107.00 days roughly.

These examples are assuming we waited till the end of each month to consider difficulty and price of bitcoin at payout (converting bitcoin to fiat).  Does this mean one must convert their bitcoin to fiat to have a return on investment?  No it does not.  Money earned is money earned; weather it was in bitcoin or fiat or a combination of the two.

The previous example is the formula I use to determine when I've reached ROI.  It is a general estimation and not completely accurate but it is close enough for me to determine when I have reached ROI.

EDIT:  Bottom line; the drop in price of bitcoin below $300.00 has hurt many of us.  Once it gets to $300.00 and above the better off most miners will be.  The present price in bitcoin is the main reason why we see the difficulty dropping off rapidly as well.  We have many miners who have not upgraded to more efficient rigs stop mining because their power costs are more than 10 to 11 cents per kWH with power hungry rigs.

Follow me on Trading View for excellent signals in Bitcoin/US dollar - Bitstamp - https://www.tradingview.com/u/WyckoffMode/.  You can follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/ModeWyckoff My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8IbhpQwrTD6BozJPWnyAHA  My Discord Invite Link: https://discord.com/invite/3EJYTytaTT  My Website is in LIVE BETA: https://wyckoffmode.com/
dcweb

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 08:27:44 AM

Are the support staff very thick or do they just play the act very well??? Or do they not understand English?

I contacted BitmainTech by email about them changing the price at the time I was purchasing.

My email to them...

I am not happy with your company for changing the price as I made an order. That is the wrong thing to do and misleads the customer. I added the product to the Cart and it was US$341 but when I payed it changed to US$370. If you are going to change prices you should delete the old product listing and create a new one, not edit the product listing that people are currently purchasing from.

I would like a refund of the difference because it was very deceitful on your part. I worked it out to be 0.097 BTC extra that I payed because of your editing.

Reply from info@bitmaintech

Hi,
sorry for the confusion.
price will be adjusted from time to time due to marketing policies.
When you place the order, the price in our website should be followed.
Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards

BITMAIN

My reply back

You changed the price as I processed the order... This is how the events happened.

1 - I opened the product page for the S5, It had the price of US$341
2 - I added the product to my cart, the price displayed was US$341
3 - I went to the checkout to choose shipping and confirm while the whole time it showed US$341
4 - After I had confirmed the order the price magically changed to $370

Why should I have to be understanding? The price changed while I made the order. Like I have said, the price was US$341 until i got to the payment screen. Because of this I did not notice the changed price. This was very deceitful.

Like I said before, you should not be editing existing product listings. If you want to change the price, you should be deleting the listing with the old price and creating a new listing with the updated price.

Hi,
The product in the cart cannot show the latest info after we update it.
Suggest you add it to cart when placing the order, then you'll get the correct info.
We'll consider your suggestion in future.

I can assure you that it DID change. Could someone from BitmainTech actually take this seriously instead of trying to sidestep this.
jackbox
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1024

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 08:42:44 AM

Are the support staff very thick or do they just play the act very well??? Or do they not understand English?

I contacted BitmainTech by email about them changing the price at the time I was purchasing.

My email to them...

I am not happy with your company for changing the price as I made an order. That is the wrong thing to do and misleads the customer. I added the product to the Cart and it was US$341 but when I payed it changed to US$370. If you are going to change prices you should delete the old product listing and create a new one, not edit the product listing that people are currently purchasing from.

I would like a refund of the difference because it was very deceitful on your part. I worked it out to be 0.097 BTC extra that I payed because of your editing.

Hi,
sorry for the confusion.
price will be adjusted from time to time due to marketing policies.
When you place the order, the price in our website should be followed.
Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards

BITMAIN

My reply back

You changed the price as I processed the order... This is how the events happened.

1 - I opened the product page for the S5, It had the price of US$341
2 - I added the product to my cart, the price displayed was US$341
3 - I went to the checkout to choose shipping and confirm while the whole time it showed US$341
4 - After I had confirmed the order the price magically changed to $370

Why should I have to be understanding? The price changed while I made the order. Like I have said, the price was US$341 until i got to the payment screen. Because of this I did not notice the changed price. This was very deceitful.

Like I said before, you should not be editing existing product listings. If you want to change the price, you should be deleting the listing with the old price and creating a new listing with the updated price.

Hi,
The product in the cart cannot show the latest info after we update it.
Suggest you add it to cart when placing the order, then you'll get the correct info.
We'll consider your suggestion in future.

I can assure you that it DID change. Could someone from BitmainTech actually take this seriously instead of trying to sidestep this.

I suggest you send a PM to Bitmain_Janet. She seems to be the magic person that correct situations like this.

Buy a Trezor and Protect your BTC, BCH, BTG, DASH, LTC, DGB, ZEC, ETH and ETC from hackers.
If I was helpful please buy me a coffee BTC: 1DWK7vBaxcTC5Wd2nQwLGEoy8xdFVzGKLK  BTG: AWvN1iBqCUqG2tEh3XoVvRbdcGrAzfBBpW
If I was helpful please buy me a burger DGB: DLASV6CUQpGtGSyaVz5FYuu5YxZ17MoGQz
dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2015, 09:36:09 AM

I suggest you send a PM to Bitmain_Janet. She seems to be the magic person that correct situations like this.

She's most likely the one answering the emails as the english is good. By what method did you pay?

sergio

Activity: 313
Merit: 258

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2015, 09:50:33 AM

As of now sp20 is a much better choice by the simple fact that it costs a lot less and you get much better GH/s per BTC, the S5 could be a better choice if the price was right but it is not.

Currently the only point of comparison is the SP20. So consider these 3 questions for a second.

1) Which miner looks like it costs more to manufacture?
2) If Bitmain is not willing to sell at such a low price consistently, is there a reason for that?
3) How sustainable is the more expensive to make miner in the long run?

to answer these 3 questions:
1. it looks like the sp20, but it is really hard to know as a fact, since the S5 seems to use more efficient chips, but overall the case for the sp20 seems better.
The S5 has an S1 design, clearly the S3 design is better than S1 due to better airflow due to the case and due to having 2 fans instead of one, so I would assume that the S1 design for the S5 was chosen to save money and not because it was better, otherwise the S5 would have been based on the S3 and not the S1.
I am not talking about the chips, since it is clear that in each release they are better.

2. I believe they make a good profit at the low price, they probably figure since the BTC price went up, they can make more money by mining themselves or by having a larger margin of profit even if sales drop.
There is a common concept of making a miner barely ROI to maximize its profit, the old concept of how much useful it is for you  it is how much it is worth, most asic vendors operate this way, but there is another business concept if it costs X to produce regardless of your benefit it will sell for a small margin of profit as was the case for CPU and GPU miners of the time, as such most high end video cards where always sold out during the early days of bitcoin.

I am certain that as mining becomes less profitable they will reduce the price, proving that the cost to make the miner it is very little compared to the price it sells, not because of all the sudden the miner has lower manufacturing costs.

Of course if the miner did not ROI, sales for them would be very bad, but as long as they can make the money mining it is not a problem for them.

As a rule Bitmain sells the miners in such a way that they will barely ROI. It has nothing to do with the bitcoin price since the hardware cost of the miner which most likely it is in Fiat is well below the sale price, so if bitcoin goes up the price of the miner goes up, if bitcoin goes down the price of the miner goes down taking into consideration the difficulty, if difficulty goes down price of miner goes up, if difficulty goes up price goes down, always making the miner barely ROI.

This is a case of greed, since instead of letting their customers enjoy the quicker ROI, the very low ROI is kept constant so you will always barely ROI, it is not like if Bitcoin goes up in price and then the miner cost more to produce, that is not the case, the fact is that the if Bitcoin goes up in price the price of the miner in Bitcoins goes down since it is sold in dollars, and as such you would have to generate less coins to achieve ROI.
No one will think that if Bitcoin goes up Bitmain will no longer make profit at existing price, the profit for them will be the same, since the cost of making the miner is the same, simply they figure they can get more for the miner.

it is not that they barely ROI due to market conditions, or because of hardware costs, or the price of bitcoin, they barely ROI because it is their business model.

An example of extreme greed is knc, they promised  a lot and never delivered, they got the money from customers, lied to them, and once they had the money they build a mining farm for themselves figuring out it was more profitable than shipping the miners to their customers, once they have new tech, they ship the old technology to their customers and very late,  so knc basically mine with their customers hardware.

Bitmain is far from being like knc, but the price increase is clearly an indication of greed, we have enough greedy hardware vendors that is the least that we need.

3. as long as there is a profit  in making the miner it is sustainable to sell the miner until there is much better technology in which it does not make sense to make the miner anymore, for example today no one would buy a miner that uses 5 wats per GH/s but from the time they were first released they probably had a life of sales of 1.5 years, and greedy vendors took over a year to ship (bfl).

The way mining hardware should be sold in my opinion, not that it is currently sold this way:
1. vendors of asic hardware should not mine themselves it creates a conflict of interest.
2. hardware should be sold like any other hardware, such a video cards, etc, this model was proven to work, as an example this was the case in the GPU days. No video card vendor would say you will make so much mining and therefore the video card will cost more, some individuals did this, but not the hardware manufactures.
The way asic is sold today it is based on your ROI, so the hardware could cost 10 times less, but if ROI is good you pay a premium.
Ironically the best mining days were the GPU days, it was a fair playing field and hardware costs were not based on ROI.

For choosing mining hardware, the hardware that can ROI the quicker is better, and reliability of the vendor is very important, bitmain if they decide to make it hard to ROI for us it is their decision,  then it is no good for us, if they wanted us to ROI they certainty could, as of now it appears that spoondolies is more willing to help us ROI, of course as I write this things could change.

if it was not because of the sp20 the S5 would cost a lot more, the opposite is also true if it was not because of the S5 the sp20 would most likely cost a lot more. The miners are not sold based on their costs they are sold based on how much they can ROI, which is wrong especially when it becomes obvious due to greed, also competition is a good thing, and right now there is very little competition.

As an example of this greed I will use bottled water vendors during an earthquake.
in the Asic vendors model.
bottled water becomes a very valuable asset as such it is sold for very high prices, a $1 bottle can be sold for $20 or more since it could save your life and it will sell at high prices, high profits are achieved due to people willing to pay a lot for a product, high volume of sales are not needed, this is a case of greed.

in the case of the traditional hardware sales model like video cards:
water is sold at the same price and it sells out due to high demand, high profit are achieved due to the high volume of sales but not based on greed.

Telephone companies in the old days tried unsuccessfully to implement the concept the more  advantage you take of the phone lines the more you should pay, however most people realized that if they were not doing anything special for modems to work there was no reason they should make additional payments to use a modem which they did not provide or did anything special to make it work, and as such their plans to charge more for the use of modems failed.

In the case of the ASICs the less greedy vendors will survive in the end, today no one talks of bfl cointerra, fast hash, or knc this guys were very greedy and they lost the trust of the community.

today we only have spoondoolies and bitmain, and it is a very bad thing is one of this vendors becomes greedy.
no other hardware vendor makes miners that even have a very small chance of ROI.

I am personally planning to buy some mining hardware around march, I will check how things stand by then, but if I had to buy today the clear choice based on ROI is the sp20.

klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 11:53:42 AM

Bitcoin price goes up from $200->230: S5 price goes from $310 to $341         (~1.2->1.48BTC)
Bitcoin price goes from $230->$280: S5 price goes from $341 to $370           (~1.22->1.32 BTC)
Bitcoin price drops from $280->245: S5 price stays at $370                         (1.47 BTC)

seems they want to price in BTC but adjust the USD price manually. Not sure why they do that, as right now an SP20 is about the same 1.6BTC (shipped) which is pretty damn competitive for a cleanly-made, sealed unit with adjustable speed and fans

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2015, 12:33:00 PM

Bitcoin price goes up from $200->230: S5 price goes from $310 to $341         (~1.2->1.48BTC)
Bitcoin price goes from $230->$280: S5 price goes from $341 to $370           (~1.22->1.32 BTC)
Bitcoin price drops from $280->245: S5 price stays at $370                         (1.47 BTC)

seems they want to price in BTC but adjust the USD price manually. Not sure why they do that, as right now an SP20 is about the same 1.6BTC (shipped) which is pretty damn competitive for a cleanly-made, sealed unit with adjustable speed and fans

I can give then the first jump in price, but they did the second one too quickly. I would think the sales have really gotten slow.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2015, 01:00:31 PM

seems they want to price in BTC but adjust the USD price manually. Not sure why they do tha

You've seen what happens when the price changes once while someone is mentally locked into buying, imagine what would happen if that price kept changing every 2 minutes?

sEpuLchEr

Activity: 248
Merit: 250

Are we there yet?

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 01:03:28 PM

I can give then the first jump in price, but they did the second one too quickly. I would think the sales have really gotten slow.

I don't think they are bothered as the are preparing the S5 for hashnest. The S5s are probably already mining there. They were selling S4 converted to hashrate and the last I look, there was 460+ units (I think) of S4 left and suddenly sold out....

https://hashnest.com/

MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 01:05:04 PM

seems they want to price in BTC but adjust the USD price manually. Not sure why they do tha

You've seen what happens when the price changes once while someone is mentally locked into buying, imagine what would happen if that price kept changing every 2 minutes?
Just price it at 1.3 and be done with it. Easy.
Minnesooooota

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 03:00:57 PM

The price swings were a little crazy. Does anyone have coupons?
dmwardjr
Legendary

Technical Analyst/Trader

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 03:22:23 PM

If limited to 18,000 watts, one can obtain more hashing power with the S5 versus the SP20.

One single SP20 @ $479.00 without shipping [1,700 GH/s @ 1200 watts = .705 watts per GH]
One single S5 @ $370.00 without shipping [1,155 GH/s @ 590 watts = .510 watts per GH]

Let's say power limitations at your location is 18,000 watts:

18,000 watts / 1,200 watts = 15 SP20's x 1,700 GH/s = 25,500 GH/s (25.5 TH/s)
18,000 watts / 590 watts = 30 S5's x 1,155 GH/s = 34,650 GH/s (34.65 TH/s)

Without going any further with comparisons on ROI, one can easily conclude the S5 is easier to achieve ROI than an SP20.  This is based off the price of one single unit.  If one wishes to compare based on bulk pricing, they must use both bulk package prices [SPT's 15 x SP20's versus BITMAIN's 52 x S5's].  Even if one wishes to choose the bulk price of 15 x SP20's versus the price of one S5, it would still be more worth while to get the S5 at this point in time.  The main reason why it would be worth it IS TO KEEP FROM LIMITING THE AMOUNT OF HASHING POWER I CAN HAVE WITH THE LIMITED AMOUNT OF WATTS AVAILABLE TO MINE.

If limited to 18,000 watts you will have approximately 36% more hashing power with the S5.

Just saying...

Follow me on Trading View for excellent signals in Bitcoin/US dollar - Bitstamp - https://www.tradingview.com/u/WyckoffMode/.  You can follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/ModeWyckoff My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8IbhpQwrTD6BozJPWnyAHA  My Discord Invite Link: https://discord.com/invite/3EJYTytaTT  My Website is in LIVE BETA: https://wyckoffmode.com/
kaltar

Activity: 805

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 03:53:40 PM

And the sp20 vs s5

cost of SP20 = 0.28$/GH
cost of S5    = 0.32$/GH 

that a 13.33% difference

but the SP uses 32% more power

so at .10$ per Kilo gh for gh it would cost you .53$ per day more to run a Sp20 instead of a S5

it would take you 84 days to catch up to the price of a SP 20 ( again this is gh to gh compare ) using a S5 with better power

So Bottom line, If you Keep Your S5 longer than 3 months, Better to Buy a S5
If you don`t think it will ROI in that time or no longer worth mining with them and sell them Before
Get a SP 20.

If you are Upset at BITMain like me, Boycot them and Buy the SP20 like i have done even tought i keep them longer than 3 months

MrTeal
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 03:56:39 PM

If limited to 18,000 watts, one can obtain more hashing power with the S5 versus the SP20.

One single SP20 @ $479.00 without shipping [1,700 GH/s @ 1200 watts = .705 watts per GH]
One single S5 @ $370.00 without shipping [1,155 GH/s @ 590 watts = .510 watts per GH]

Without going any further with comparisons on ROI, one can easily conclude the S5 is easier to achieve ROI than an SP20.

If limited to 18,000 watts you will have approximately 36% more hashing power with the S5.

Just saying...
If you're talking about 18,000W and 15 SP20s, why are you quoting the single unit price on the SP20? 15 SP20s cost $5500 shipped, which is a considerably better price.
Downclocked to the same speed as an S5, the SP20 is as efficient or moreso that an S5 (neither of mine hit .510 J/GH on a Platinum supply, BTW), and the price is close to the same.

30 SP20s will set you back $10,990 shipping included, while 30 S5s will cost $11,100 plus shipping (~$11,900 shipped to the US). If you have 30 coupons you could probably knock $1000 off that price, but that just makes it a wash.

Owning both, if I had 18,000W to play with and had to choose between the SP20 and S5 at the same price, power and hashrate I'd definitely go with the SP20. Either would work, but arranging that many would be nicer with the SP20 and it just feels like a much more rugged unit.
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 3864

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 04:37:47 PM

this is economics 101, but seems to go over yours and BMT head: stable(r) price entices MORE buyers, unless buying is completely hopeless.
yes, you could have 10% fatter margins if you jerk up the price, but you would have 30-50% less customers.
Besides, if the price was moved up in response to BTC/$ ratio change, why it did not went down when BTC went from $310 to $250 this am?
Answer this, please.
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 04:38:12 PM

If you're talking about 18,000W and 15 SP20s, why are you quoting the single unit price on the SP20? 15 SP20s cost $5500 shipped, which is a considerably better price.
Downclocked to the same speed as an S5, the SP20 is as efficient or moreso that an S5 (neither of mine hit .510 J/GH on a Platinum supply, BTW), and the price is close to the same.

30 SP20s will set you back $10,990 shipping included, while 30 S5s will cost $11,100 plus shipping (~$11,900 shipped to the US). If you have 30 coupons you could probably knock $1000 off that price, but that just makes it a wash.

Owning both, if I had 18,000W to play with and had to choose between the SP20 and S5 at the same price, power and hashrate I'd definitely go with the SP20. Either would work, but arranging that many would be nicer with the SP20 and it just feels like a much more rugged unit.

And when doing profit calcs, don't put the SP20 at 1.7 TH/s. Most people get about 1.6 TH/s out of it, almost no one gets 1.7 TH/s. Whereas the S5 is easily overclocked to 1.3 TH/s from virtually every unit.

Buy & Hold
MrTeal
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 04:47:51 PM

And when doing profit calcs, don't put the SP20 at 1.7 TH/s. Most people get about 1.6 TH/s out of it, almost no one gets 1.7 TH/s. Whereas the S5 is easily overclocked to 1.3 TH/s from virtually every unit.
Yeah, mine won't get to 1700GH/s regardless of cooling. 1650 is fine, though I only run mine at ~1250 to maximize profits. Overclocking the S5 is a little more variable, as it somewhat depends on your PSU. The difference between 11.9 vs 12.3V in negligible on the SP20, but it actually has a decent impact on both overclocking room and efficiency on the S5.
dmwardjr
Legendary

Technical Analyst/Trader

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 04:56:22 PM

Without going any further with comparisons on ROI, one can easily conclude the S5 is easier to achieve ROI than an SP20.

Just saying...

You are using the bulk 15 unit price by SPT.  I'm sure if you PM Bitmain, they will come up with a discount bulk price for 30 units the same way they come up with a bulk price for 52 units AND offer free shipping or discounted shipping.  So, just because SPT has a quoted bulk price FOR 15 UNITS does not mean Bitmain will not do a bulk price for 15 or even 30 units.

See what I'm saying?

I do agree with you for the under clocking of the SP20 to the same efficiency as the S5.  However, do not assume Bitmain will not give a discount on shipping or no shipping costs for 30 units.  That's all I'm saying.  Just because SPT actually lists their bulk price with shipping costs ($0.00) for 15 units does not mean Bitmain would do similar with 15 or 30 units.

IITravel01

Activity: 338

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 04:57:24 PM

Yeah, mine won't get to 1700GH/s regardless of cooling. 1650 is fine, though I only run mine at ~1250 to maximize profits. Overclocking the S5 is a little more variable, as it somewhat depends on your PSU. The difference between 11.9 vs 12.3V in negligible on the SP20, but it actually has a decent impact on both overclocking room and efficiency on the S5.

What kind of power supplies are you using where you can adjust the 12v line?
Pages: « 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 ... 295 »
  Print  

Jump to: