Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:16:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 ... 295 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTMINER S5: 1155GH(+OverClock Potential), In Stock $0.319/GH & 0.51W/GH  (Read 450905 times)
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 3864

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 03:15:20 PM

Answer to your psycology question is simple, I wonder why you could not figure it out. (and there-in lies your answer, thing is, can you figure that out?)
Lets be clear. I'm a huge fan of Bitmain's (still don't have a t-shirt though...) and look forward to purchasing more of their products, but this price maneuvering is unpalatable.

Not trying to troll and derail the thread, but if you could kindly answer my simple query, rather than dance around the issue, I would appreciate it. Help me understand the psychology here.

"If I was hesitant purchasing something at $341, why should I be less hesitant to purchase it at $370 ? Why would I have more motivation to purchase at $370 when it was just $341 earlier ? $310 a day before that."

and while they raised the price in response to btc 250 to 310 move, why not drop the price accordingly if btc goes from 310 to 277?
i say that bitmain needs to keep a fixed $ price and stop jerking it around almost daily-it only annoys people.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 3864

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 03:19:06 PM

I saw the BTC prices this morning and ran to order 3-4 more from Bitmain.  Then I saw the price rise.

Bitmain, just peg the price of the S5 to bitcoin already, because that's basically what you are doing anyway. 

they can't do this, because once they saw the price in BTC, people would order much less because they can compare price with btc profitability calculator.
This is pure psychology.
dcweb

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 03:25:30 PM

I was about to purchase two at $310, communicated with Yoshi to resolve a coupon discrepancy, got distracted with real life, come back and the price was raised.

So why mourn at bitmain? Mourn at real life ...... it's the one that distracted you from the bargain of the century .... Yeah.... no.  Undecided

How about them changing the price while I'm going through the checkout? Is that alright to do? I think if they are going to change the price, they should delete the old product listing and create a new one. They should not be editing the existing listing because then things happen like the price suddenly changing during checkout without the customers knowledge.
pekatete

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2015, 03:39:08 PM

Answer to your psycology question is simple, I wonder why you could not figure it out. (and there-in lies your answer, thing is, can you figure that out?)
.... Help me understand the psychology here.

"If I was hesitant purchasing something at $341, why should I be less hesitant to purchase it at $370 ? Why would I have more motivation to purchase at $370 when it was just $341 earlier ? $310 a day before that."

Furthermore, BTC appears to be trending down. How should one feel if they purchased at $370 right now, and later today, the price is reduced to $360 ?

Like I suspected, you could not figure out your own conundrum, so I'll bow to your request and get you out of that misery.
1. You should be less hesitant to purchase at the current higher price because it can go higher. But you have options right now, as you pointed out earlier, in the shape of the SP20, till they re-instate their price in sympathy with bitmain, then the proverbial crap will have hit the fan for you.
2. It's your call whether to purchase now at $370 or hedge your bets in anticipation of a price drop later today to $360. But be prepared to live with your call should you choose not to buy now and the price later today staggers to $371. Oh, I nearly forgot, you should feel as you please whatever call you make and refrain from blaming bitmain (or real life as you prefer to call it) for your decision.

Forgive the verbosity, just in response to your cry for help.

Deagle21

Activity: 333
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 04:06:04 PM
Last edit: January 26, 2015, 04:31:20 PM by Deagle21

Wasn't gonna buy at $310 and sure as hell not gonna buy at $370.  Bitman, you're pricing yourself out of the market.
SockPuppetAccount

Activity: 882

MiG Messenger - earn while chatting

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2015, 04:28:10 PM

I saw the BTC prices this morning and ran to order 3-4 more from Bitmain.  Then I saw the price rise.

Bitmain, just peg the price of the S5 to bitcoin already, because that's basically what you are doing anyway. 

they can't do this, because once they saw the price in BTC, people would order much less because they can compare price with btc profitability calculator.
This is pure psychology.

But they show the BTC price right along side the fiat price anyway.  If that was the reasoning, you would think they would do like spondoolies and just show the fiat price.  The S1 and S3 were always just pegged to a BTC price.

I guess I'll buy 3 more SP-20's or wait til the next BTC price spike and race in to place an order before they jack the price up.
bgibso01
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 04:46:41 PM

My attitude is much simpler now.  I've run over $100k of sales of bitmain products this past year.  Watching the price rise, I've decided SP-T will be getting my future business and Bitmain will get no more.
sjc1490

Activity: 546

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 05:03:22 PM

Wow Sad Took less than 48 hours for them to raise their prices from $341 to $370 Sad

I hate it when my gut is right in situations like this Sad

Very disappointing to see this sort of transparently greedy behavior from Bitmain.

I have to agree, have bought Bitmain in the past but this unfortunately shows their growth has taken them straight down the path of "Corporate Greed". What is sad is without all of our support they would have never been able to grow to the point they are. I am all about making a profit but don't balance your books by gouging the very people that brought you to success.

BTC ADDRESS: 12Qwd8VKLQ4xF44ytHXBpCAKuF9VknG4X2
kmitz

Activity: 11

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 05:32:41 PM

just letting people know, Zoomhash still has the s5's selling at $325 with cc, paypal and bitcoin as a payment option. will prob change fast but thought I'd let yah know. I don't work for them, just noticed they are the cheapest I've found right now

Thanks for the tip! I just ordered one S5 on Zoomhash. I checked here and there if they were legit...seems ok.
SockPuppetAccount

Activity: 882

MiG Messenger - earn while chatting

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2015, 07:09:39 PM

Wow Sad Took less than 48 hours for them to raise their prices from $341 to $370 Sad

I hate it when my gut is right in situations like this Sad

Very disappointing to see this sort of transparently greedy behavior from Bitmain.

I have to agree, have bought Bitmain in the past but this unfortunately shows their growth has taken them straight down the path of "Corporate Greed". What is sad is without all of our support they would have never been able to grow to the point they are. I am all about making a profit but don't balance your books by gouging the very people that brought you to success.

I see what you are saying but compare them to the rest of the industry and they don't seem so greedy.  Bitmain, Spondoolies, and ASICminer (who has a lot of work to do to regain trust after the prisma debacle) are about the only manufacturers left who haven't told the small time miner to fuck off.  No, they are certainly not perfect but I feel for them as well.  It's easy to turn a profit and make everyone happy when BTC is 750$ and they can move thousands of S1s all day, but when investment starts to dry up, ROI gets tougher and tougher for the miner AND the ASIC manufacturer.  They have at least shown a commitment to continue offering something for the little guy. 

Will they ROI?  Unless you have cheap or free electricity, most likely not.  I stopped counting on ROI from ASICs a long time ago anyway.  The way you make money on ASICs as a home miner is through well timed purchases and resale on the 2nd hand market.  We can have the same discussion on the economics of the situation a thousand times, but at the end of the day Bitmain is still a business and it makes zero sense for a business to sell a money printing machine for $500 when they can keep it and print $600 with it themselves.

I'm not trying to throw bitcoin away buying insanely overpriced mining gear, but I won't bitch and moan too much as I don't want my only option to be a cloud mining contract that can be switched off on a whim.
pekatete

Activity: 518

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2015, 07:10:09 PM

Other options for getting an S5 variant for those upset about the price increase ..... https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=936343.0
Also, just in case bitmain are reading this thread, can we have a price for ordering plain boards (does not matter whether S5 or S3 boards) just like syscooling seem to have?

kaltar

Activity: 805
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 07:41:13 PM

Like many others i was about to purchase more units this morning, but saw the price increase, about 60$ more per units, so Hell no, no more business from me, going to

to buy some SP 20s, instead, it`s the princible of things that matters.
Threader

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 07:46:27 PM

Wasn't gonna buy at $310 and sure as hell not gonna buy at $370.  Bitman, you're pricing yourself out of the market.

For a moment I blinked and thought they incorporated the shipping fee. Not.
jacobw

Activity: 24

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 08:09:04 PM

Bitmain: Pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered.

Nothing wrong with making money in your business, but when you start to get greedy is when you will find that your business fails to grow and fizzles out. Customers don't want to buy from a company that only cares about getting rich, they want to buy from a company that cares about it's customers.

This is not what Bitcoin needs.
Phosphorous

Activity: 556

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 08:19:33 PM

What is all of the fuss? We have at least 2 vendors with good competing products. The market will force the vendors to be as competitive as they need to be or they will go out of business. Let the market forces work.

Oh, and "you snooze, you lose."
alh
Legendary

Activity: 1843
Merit: 1050

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 08:40:32 PM

For what it's worth, ZoomHash is still at $325 + shipping. They accept PayPal and Credit Cards. They claim 5 days shipping in the USA.
KeezAZA

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

https://eloncity.io

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 08:45:49 PM

I noticed that all these suggested shipping time frames are mostly based on the USA and European areas and not down south.  Sad
I am just hoping my arrives soon before the postal strikes start again.  Angry

dmwardjr
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318

Technical Analyst/Trader

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 02:29:47 AM
Last edit: January 27, 2015, 02:46:46 AM by dmwardjr

I'm not surprised at all at the rise in price.  I would have raised the price if I were in Bitmain's situation as well.  Most everyone is in the business of bitcoin to make a profit; not to make donations.  This goes for Bitmaintech as well.  The price of these rigs are pegged pretty much with the average miner meeting ROI in 5 months time on average.  It depends on your power costs.  That's why I said, "...on average."

Look at the price of the S1 when it first came out and what the price of bitcoin was at the time it came out.  You will notice then as well that the price was set pretty much for ROI at 5 months on average for most people.

Bitmain did lower the price at least 3 times since the introduction of the S5.  They had the customer in mind when they discounted it as the price of bitcoin dropped.  It is times like this when one needs to buy.  However, it looks like many here did not have the funds available to purchase at the time or may have been unsure about the price of bitcoin and weather to continue mining.  For whatever reason one did not buy, it is not Bitmaintech's fault for people not taking advantage of the price when it was lower.  We had our chance and those who missed it should not blame Bitmaintech or label them as greedy.

We are fortunate enough to have a manufacturer who will sell to the small timer.  We should actually be grateful!!!  They have the most power efficient model on the planet and it's still at an affordable price.  They have a right to raise or lower their price as they wish because they are in a position to do so.  They did not get into this business to make donations.  They got into this business to make as much profit as possible.  Hell, if I were Bitmaintech, I would have done the same thing more than likely.  

Those who want to hold grudges and create labels can do so.  Are those grudges and labels going to hurt bitmaintech?  Probably very little.  Miners will still continue to buy their S5 as long as no other manufacturer offers a rig with the same price per GH and same .51 J/GH power efficiency at the wall.  Those who make the decision to buy a less efficient rig for the same price will ultimately pay more over the long run because of paying more in power costs.  They will also be unable to increase their total hash rate because the less efficient rigs are sucking up more power to keep them from increasing their hash rate by adding more rigs.

This is the beauty of "competition."  I know I will buy bitmaintech units if their price and efficiency is better than the competition.  Otherwise, I'm only hurting myself; not bitmaintech.  So, those of you spouting off about no longer buying bitmaintech.  Be careful about what you say.  You just might eat your words later OR you just might pay more later and hurt yourself.  I would be grateful to have these units made available to me instead of biting the hand of the person that provides me with the most efficient rig on the planet at what is still a fair price.

I missed buying at the lower price because I'm waiting to save enough money for a bulk purchase of 52 units.  Will I have to wait a little longer now?  Sure, it appears I may have to wait a bit longer since the price of the bulk package has risen.  I will not be ready to purchase a bulk package until March/April anyway.  It may be that SPT has a rig out similar in efficiency and maybe also in price.  Only time will tell.

By the way, have you noticed the S4 is not up on the site anymore?  I believe an S6 is just around the corner with the same form factor as the S4.  So, this may very well be a blessing in disguise for those who want a very power efficient rig that will save them more costs in the long run and allow them to increase their total hash rate with what little power they may be limited to.

Be patient and let competition make it's course.  Bitmaintech has every right to raise or lower the price as they wish.  Be grateful you have a manufacturer to provide you with an outstanding rig and good customer service compared to most.

Follow me on Trading View for excellent signals in Bitcoin/US dollar - Bitstamp - https://www.tradingview.com/u/WyckoffMode/.  You can follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/ModeWyckoff My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8IbhpQwrTD6BozJPWnyAHA  My Discord Invite Link: https://discord.com/invite/3EJYTytaTT  My Website is in LIVE BETA: https://wyckoffmode.com/
sergio

Activity: 313
Merit: 258

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2015, 04:09:57 AM

Bitmain are real scumbags they just raised the price to $370 as of this post. The can go ram it up the furthest part of there ass fuck you BITMAIN !

Tone down your language please. You don't have to buy it if you don't like the price. This isn't food or water here.

True, however just as bitcoin is financial freedom, let members of this site express freedom of speech it is very useful for newbies and everyone in general, if it was not for freedom of speech newbies would be getting burned badly by knc, bfl, cointerra, fasf hash, and such.

I think it is a good to express ones thought on this issue since it will motivate bitmain not to be so greedy  and motivate honestly, look at knc when they were becoming scammers a lot of people said do not criticize them they are the best we have, at the time it was true but valid critics prevented many from getting burned or not getting burned as much, same for bfl.

it is not like we have lots of choices for buying mining equipment, right now from 2 vendors we have been reduced to only 1, unless of course bitmain realizes to scam miners like the bad guys is bad for business and decides to remain one of the good guys, then we have 2 vendors to choose from.

Remember a miner must ROI, if it does not ROI it can not be considered for purchase, the concept of barely ROI is not a good one, it shoudl ROI in a decent way.

Everyone should have the right to express themselves as long as it is related to the topic, it is in everyone's best interest, I have always been against censorship on any type.

It is true that bitmain is free to raise the prices to whatever they like, and it is also true for us to voice our opinion  that it is no longer a good business decision for us.

it is a simple matter of math, if the high price is good or not, I will provide a link to a ROI calculator, I can assure you based on the link below that it is overpriced, and could take  up to a year to ROI for someone with low electric rates, which is not acceptable.

https://bitcoinwisdom.com/bitcoin/calculator
based on the calculator make your decision.

As of now sp20 is a much better choice by the simple fact that it costs a lot less and you get much better GH/s per BTC, the S5 could be a better choice if the price was right but it is not.

believe me it is in our best interest to have freedom of speech and to have 2 vendors to choose from instead of one when deciding to buy mining hardware, but if one vendor decides that instead of selling the hardware it is better for him to mine with it, it is his choice, and of course we can voice our opinion and support the vendor that helps us achieve ROI sooner than later, sometimes later never comes as the time to ROI  is infinity.

Bitmain has been an honest vendor in regards to shipping on time, but does not help us if we will not ROI due to greed, in 6 months from now an S5 will be under $200, but it will be because there is something better out there  and cheaper not an act of goodwill.

This valid critics are very useful  to help in the decentralization of mining, we really do not want large mining farms own by the vendor of mining hardware it is not in our interest, in the old days of independent miners the miners kept their coins, now non independent miners which have most of the hash power sells the coins as soon as they can making the price of BTC go down, this did not happen in the early days of bitcoin, we really need the independent miners back, it will help decentralize mining.
In the bitcoin world decentralization is your friend.

Lets do not forget mining is an essential part of the bitcoin economy.

sjc1490

Activity: 546

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 04:31:51 AM

I grabbed  1 sp20 on ebay for 409  got 4% off = 392   I sold 5.5 coins for a 100 dollar profit.    And I purchased a miner from lee here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=934581.0

this is a better deal then buying direct from bitmaintech

I purchased 2 hosted from Lee today (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=934581.0 ) at the 340 btc price, very quick response to PM and miners were hashing to my pool settings very quickly ( and yes I am out of space and power, thus why the need for hosting).

Very pleased so far, Thanks philipma1957 for the link and your recommendation was an influence in my decision.

BTC ADDRESS: 12Qwd8VKLQ4xF44ytHXBpCAKuF9VknG4X2
Pages: « 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 ... 295 »
  Print  

Jump to: