Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:07:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 [263] 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTMINER S5: 1155GH(+OverClock Potential), In Stock $0.319/GH & 0.51W/GH  (Read 450905 times)
buckrogers
Legendary

Activity: 2728
Merit: 1181

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 02:06:44 AM

OPEN UP YOUR EYES for the DELIVERY TRUCK, too  Cry

Ships Fast & FLY to your door via UPS

*This was actual one of the S5 deliveries in some town USA.

Damages caused by the carrier is not covered under the warranty!!!

That's crazy!

That guy should be fired!

If that's what they do at your front door, imagine what goes on before they get to your home!

These guys need to look out for cameras these days!

Well I'm dr. spock I'm here to rock y'all
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 03:15:40 AM

*Removed image to save space.

One of my security cameras is put in where you will for sure see it going to main door.   You will notice normally they treat with great care when they know it's being filmed. 

Only problem I have is DHL.  DHL every single time I get a delivery he calls and says he cant make it that day, if it meet him at X location at X time I can get it or wait till next day.   So I avoid DHL like the plague.
VirosaGITS
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 04:25:46 AM

What is the proper way to submit a support ticket to Bitmain about this device?

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█
              ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █▄   ▄

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
███████▄ ███▒▒███      ██▒▒█████       ▀█▄
 ███████ ▀█▒▒████     ▄█▒▒█████▀         ▀█ ▄  ▄▄
  ██████  ▌▀▀█████▄▄▄███████▀▀            ███▄███▌
 █████████  █████▀▀█▀▀██████▌             ██████▀
 ▀█████████ ███▄  ███   ▐███▌ ▄██       ▄█████▀
     ▀▀    ▀▀███████████████▄▄████▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀█████████▀▀█████████
███████ ▄▀▀         ▀▀▄ ███████
██████                   ██████
█████▌     ▄▄     ▄▄     ▐█████
█████     ████   ████     █████
█████      ▀▀     ▀▀      █████
█████▄   ▀▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▀   ▄█████
████████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄████████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2015, 04:30:48 AM

bitmain.zendesk.com

notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 04:30:58 AM

Yes go to their site: https://bitmain.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/  or might use email if in China.

What kinda issue do you have?
VirosaGITS
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 04:39:36 AM

Yes go to their site: https://bitmain.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/  or might use email if in China.

Like i said in my review, board 1 gets dropped regularly, then get picked back up. But its 10-20% hashrate loss in that given hour if it does. I don't know if its precursor to a bigger problem or what.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
ManeBjorn
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 05:04:07 AM

This is seriously messed up.
Just launch and run away. I bet he throws some even farther.
I hope whoever got this gets go after them.  UPS is huge but super strict though with damaged goods though. I wonder where this will end up.

QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 09:32:34 AM

This was actual one of the S5 deliveries in some town USA

Union employess at work.

I'm not going to claim that ALL unions promote slop and worthlessness being protected, but IME most unions that have been around more than about 20 years are either parasites or starting to turn INTO parasites - and the Teamsters that run the UPS union are one of the WORST such examples.

I've had more than a few issues with UPS and their crappy delivery habits, to the point I refuse to deal with them when I can. FEDEX is getting almost as bad, but isn't there yet IME. DHL I've only had one experience with, and that one was marginal.

Oddly enough, the US Postal Service in recent years seems to be making a point to do GOOD work on parcel delivery - probably because they want to hold on to what little parcel business they have left as it's a LOT more profitable than letter delivery.

Yes, you CAN file claims against UPS for items damaged in transit - but it's very RARE for a claim to go through. The dude that made this video though might actually win such a claim, it's mighty hard to refute THAT level of abuse when you can SHOW them how it happened.

I'm very underwhelmed by zendesk, as every time I've ever tried to access that site it times out.
 100% failure rate.
 100% repeatable, no matter what I've tried.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 09:50:27 AM

Used miner purchases will receive coupons towards new miner purchases

Bitmain would like to offer coupons to customers who bought S4+ or S5 recently to be used towards the future purchase of our next generation of mining machine.

At this time, we are unable to provide detailed information on the new machines or the size of the coupons, but please expect an official announcement in the near future.

3 weeks now, can we get a definition of "near future"?

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
aarons6
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 11:16:27 AM

Like i said in my review, board 1 gets dropped regularly, then get picked back up. But its 10-20% hashrate loss in that given hour if it does. I don't know if its precursor to a bigger problem or what.

this happens with mine as well..
its usually just one hash board and its down long enough to cool it off. Sad

funtakus

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 11:43:39 AM

To Bitmain

Hello. I bought 11 pieces Antminer S5. One of the S5 did not work initially. Some time after the shutdown of the Internet has broken six boards. I sent them to you for the
repair / replacement. After 2 months I got them back. One refused to charge you to repair, because there were no elements (it did not work initially, so you sent) (picture
1). One broke a minute after switching on and then I saw visually that there is also suppressed from the destination elements (picture 2), another you're not repaired, it
does not work (picture 3). Of the 4 pieces you have repaired only one. 2 more pieces have to come from you in 2 weeks. Why you do not fulfill their warranty obligations?
Support Bitmain said that I should seek to directly to the factory, and they can not help me.

AntMiner S5 were purchased from wholesalers in Moscow, Igor Timofeev (id WeChat: IgorTimofeev).
He bought through 12.06.15 Yanhua and Janet (SF Express 590079852614)

https://i.imgur.com/L8OFE96.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/VJRXq16.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/apx12mD.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/InRtgs7.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/plQR3BO.png
Mudbankkeith

Activity: 868

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 11:50:05 AM

To Bitmain

Hello. I bought 11 pieces Antminer S5. One of the S5 did not work initially. Some time after the shutdown of the Internet has broken six boards. I sent them to you for the
repair / replacement. After 2 months I got them back. One refused to charge you to repair, because there were no elements (it did not work initially, so you sent) (picture
1). One broke a minute after switching on and then I saw visually that there is also suppressed from the destination elements (picture 2), another you're not repaired, it
does not work (picture 3). Of the 4 pieces you have repaired only one. 2 more pieces have to come from you in 2 weeks. Why you do not fulfill their warranty obligations?
Support Bitmain said that I should seek to directly to the factory, and they can not help me.

AntMiner S5 were purchased from wholesalers in Moscow, Igor Timofeev (id WeChat: IgorTimofeev).
He bought through 12.06.15 Yanhua and Janet (SF Express 590079852614)

To quote Stan Laurel " That's another fine mess"

BTc donations welcome:-  13c2KuzWCaWFTXF171Zn1HrKhMYARPKv97
shadow1975

Activity: 26

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 01:19:02 PM

dmwardjr ot toptek or anyone else,

After getting the wrong fan ( 3,9 A ), I connect fan directly to PSU ( over MOLEX ). Fan is starting OK, but S5, doesn't start to hash and I get red light back on S5. It was turned off completly from power for a week.

Is it burned ?

See picture below.

http://shrani.si/f/3o/dh/3RNGjj4/20150815145839.jpg

http://shrani.si/f/44/A8/2Heoejy6/20150815145931.jpg

Everthing seem normal, except red light and no hashing.

Solutions ? Do I buy recommended fan from toptek ?
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2015, 02:02:36 PM

After getting the wrong fan ( 3,9 A ), I connect fan directly to PSU ( over MOLEX ). Fan is starting OK, but S5, doesn't start to hash and I get red light back on S5. It was turned off completly from power for a week. Is it burned ? See picture below. Everthing seem normal, except red light and no hashing.

I wonder if there was any modification to the fan code in the last firmware update, if they're checking for a / minimum RPM. I don't think so though as others are running directly from molex. Do you have a rubbish 3-4 pin fan you could plug in and hold to see if it will start? If not, PM me the same status screenshot but with pool info and I'll check that.

toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 02:30:11 PM
Last edit: August 15, 2015, 02:46:13 PM by toptek

After getting the wrong fan ( 3,9 A ), I connect fan directly to PSU ( over MOLEX ). Fan is starting OK, but S5, doesn't start to hash and I get red light back on S5. It was turned off completly from power for a week.

Is it burned ?

See picture below.

Everthing seem normal, except red light and no hashing.

Did you hard ware  reset it or  re flash the firmware to try and fix it , if not make sure to only use the firmware off bitmains site . but hard ware reset it first . turning it off with out a reset may not do it .

If you look at the front of it nere the red light is a hole  thats says reset , stick a small pin or nail in the there till it beeps a few times while it turns red then turn if off unplug it wait 30 mins then plug it back in . what that does it reset the miner to defaults . it may all so change the miners IP . if that doesn't work on the back of the controller is a black button that does a hard ware reset to but it's harder to reset that way but works to you have to play with it some that way or it seemed to reset that way for me once or 2s .

AS dog said plug the stock fan back in .

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
gerardo15

Activity: 27

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 02:42:26 PM

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/431/19349962368_175b468690_o.png
https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3822/19351393639_c55d17719c_o.png

This happens to me in almost all my S5, and my friends too.
toptek
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 02:44:54 PM
Last edit: August 15, 2015, 03:11:54 PM by toptek

After getting the wrong fan ( 3,9 A ), I connect fan directly to PSU ( over MOLEX ). Fan is starting OK, but S5, doesn't start to hash and I get red light back on S5. It was turned off completly from power for a week. Is it burned ? See picture below. Everthing seem normal, except red light and no hashing.

I wonder if there was any modification to the fan code in the last firmware update, if they're checking for a / minimum RPM. I don't think so though as others are running directly from molex. Do you have a rubbish 3-4 pin fan you could plug in and hold to see if it will start? If not, PM me the same status screenshot but with pool info and I'll check that.

I think they did  i was  about to say plug the stock fan back in , i think some one else said a fan needs to b plugged in now .

I don't know that firm ware tends to make all my S5 lose speed over time , I'm waiting either for BFG support to happen which is soon Luke told me or kano to release his update to the s5 which i know will fix all most all the S5 issues .

toptek
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 03:01:16 PM

Which firm ware from smit are you using the one off nicehash tends to do that on some pools . no idea why i talked with smity one day for a few hours tiring to figure it out .  here is a list of all his releases for NH .

http://smit1237.asuscomm.com:8080/s5/

The one off Nice hash does that to me so i don't use it. i use  one off the list or link i linked .

VirosaGITS
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 03:11:31 PM

Which firm ware from smit are you using the one off nicehash tends to do that on some pools . no idea why i talked with smity one day for a few hours tiring to figure it out .  here is a list of all his releases for NH .

The one off Nice hash does that to me so i don't use it. i use  one off the list or link i linked .

Thanks for all the reports from quoted users.

@toptek

I use Bitmain's latest firmware with Fan Control.

Also that graph is rad, i don't have it but that is exactly what happens. Long enough for it to cool down to 38c. My reported temps were under 60c so it doesn't sound like it would be the firmware having a valid reason to power it down.

It does have the 80c firmware protection thing. Which may or not work i have no ideas.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
toptek
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 03:15:54 PM

Thanks for all the reports from quoted users.

@toptek

I use Bitmain's latest firmware with Fan Control.

Also that graph is rad, i don't have it but that is exactly what happens. Long enough for it to cool down to 38c. My reported temps were under 60c so it doesn't sound like it would be the firmware having a valid reason to power it down.

It does have the 80c firmware protection thing. Which may or not work i have no ideas.

well that firmware from butmains is not that great either might be why . my speeds drop a lot using it so i sty a way form it . what happens to me is after two or three days it starts doing that then will become stable at around 900 GH then sty there no mater what i do I can't get it to go any higher till i either do a reset to defaults, waste of time sense i had it all set up and working fine with  firm ware I was using . or use the very first firmware release they gave us .

Pages: « 1 ... 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 [263] 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 »
  Print  

Jump to: