Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 01:17:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: .  (Read 46123 times)
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 06:42:43 PM

UPDATE:

well I finally got around to checking prices at the Obama care website. I did find a better plan for less money, about $200/month better. I'm buying it tonight. So even though the website exploded on the launchpad, it did save me a lot of money.
I am curious, what does this mean exactly?  Is it a way for the US government to sort of take credit for you finding a cheaper plan?  Could you have done the same thing by just calling and checking several insurance companies?

I'm not sure. I think the website is just a central place to compare plans, plans you could also get directly from the insurance company. Once the site was working it was easy to compare plans. But all I really care about is that next year I have an extra $2.5K to spend.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Honeypot

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 06:40:31 AM

Obama? The empty and naive school boy who thinks half the color of his skin grants him immunity from genuine criticism?

No body outside of US cares or gives a two shit about that kind of pathetic PC bullshit, and will gladly show him how deluded and childish such notion is. Chinese and Russians think he's a joke, and Putin pretty much nuclear ass fucked the boy during their last encounter over Syria.

Obamacare.......is a lying piece of garbage drawn up by people who have no idea what it means to fund healthcare over long term. It is an incredibly weak and amateurish attempt, which is just what I would expect from this high school boy-in-chief.

Obama's nothing but a bitch made punk who is outclassed, outwitted, and outsmarted both internationally and domestically. This boy and his ilk tries to pander to minorities like me in US using color of his skin as some sort of a pass.

Is it any wonder than, that we received this incredibly incompetent and ignorant 'reform' that ignores all realities of american health care system?

Pathetic.
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 07:36:04 AM

Obama's nothing but a bitch made punk who is outclassed, outwitted, and outsmarted both internationally and domestically. This boy and his ilk tries to pander to minorities like me in US using color of his skin as some sort of a pass.

I find your choice of wording, strange.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
Honeypot

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 09:54:21 AM

Maybe I don't care so much about ethnic allegiances as much as I care about the country I am loyal to. If that is such a strange idea, you better rethink what it means to belong to and being a part of a group.
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 01:46:57 PM

Obama? The empty and naive school boy who thinks half the color of his skin grants him immunity from genuine criticism?

No body outside of US cares or gives a two shit about that kind of pathetic PC bullshit, and will gladly show him how deluded and childish such notion is. Chinese and Russians think he's a joke, and Putin pretty much nuclear ass fucked the boy during their last encounter over Syria.

Obamacare.......is a lying piece of garbage drawn up by people who have no idea what it means to fund healthcare over long term. It is an incredibly weak and amateurish attempt, which is just what I would expect from this high school boy-in-chief.

Is it any wonder than, that we received this incredibly incompetent and ignorant 'reform' that ignores all realities of american health care system?

Pathetic.
Wait, so Michelle's the power behind the throne?  Even scarier...
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 01:47:25 PM

Pathetic.
MoonShadow
Legendary

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 04:00:38 PM

Maybe I don't care so much about ethnic allegiances as much as I care about the country I am loyal to. If that is such a strange idea, you better rethink what it means to belong to and being a part of a group.

I was referring to a self-described minority calling the POTUS "this boy".  I find it odd that any American, and particularly one who believes himself to be a minority, to use a common (if minor) racial slight against a duely elected US president.  Or do you not agree that his relection was fair and proper?  I presume that your minority status wouldn't be of an African racial decent.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

cryptasm
Legendary

Activity: 997
Merit: 1002

Gamdom.com

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2013, 04:49:41 PM

Pathetic.
What exactly does the colour of Obama's skin have to do with Obamacare?

It's painfully obvious you are not a 'minority', any chance you could provide some evidence of how he 'panders to his ilk'?
MoonShadow
Legendary

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 06:00:40 PM

It's painfully obvious you are not a 'minority', any chance you could provide some evidence of how he 'panders to his ilk'?

Yeah, I can't see it either.  If anything, his 'ilk' have been getting the shaft even worse than under George Jr.  I could respect it, if simple favoritism were his modus operandi.

Honeypot

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 10:07:14 PM

Pathetic.
What exactly does the colour of Obama's skin have to do with Obamacare?

I wouldn't expect a western-grown naive fool to recognize a real minority when he hears one. Obviously since I am willing to speak the the necessary truth, I must be branded as either a 'fake' or a 'race traitor'. Such childish and typical bitching attitude from privileged minorities in the west.

If there's anything foreigners in other nations hate more than a proud American, is an uppity and mouthy US minority punks who thinks world owes them a favor.

They display the worst negative stereotypes of an American better and louder than any White American I have ever met: No guts, no spine, no fucking idea what they bitch about yet feels entitled to demand shit from others and desperately try to look down on other people because their parents ran away from their own country. Not to mention their own parents seem to think any and all failing of the spoiled fucks they call their kids is due to the 'corrupting' influence of US, while any success must be attributed to their 'superior' parenting based on their 'unique and superior culture'.

As for the supposed 'racial slur', I suggest you grow some fucking spine. This president of ours clearly believes the color of his skin should dictate his way of life. Ironically, he is possibly more racially biased than any white man I've met in terms of letting his racial posturing poison his view of the world. That's one of the reasons why rest of the world took him to school and more or less bitch slapped him around during the Syrian issue. It ultimately had to do with the fact that Obama bought into his own hype and acted as if he could make do on international stage as he had done domestically: Bringing himself out as if he is some kind of moral icon that demands guilt and moral hostage situation from all who know him.

As I said, the uppity boy got FUCKED GOOD.

I have no problem calling somebody something which they believe themselves to be. I have every respect for people like Colin Powell and Condoleeza Rice, or for those with the courage to see beyond their compatriot's idiotic and fucking childish bitch fest they call 'civil rights' these days. But infantile and childish fucks who are too busy bitching and moaning try to tell others that people such as Powell and Rice are 'house negroes' and 'uncle toms'. As if any one of them still bitching have ever even pissed into a colored toilet.

I have no respect for those who behave in such manners as to outshine any racist KKK member in terms of behaving spoiled and mouthy.

I don't give a two shit about the bitchfest dark skinned people in US engage in so that they may buttress their 'pride' while shitting away half a grand on watches and shoes. I personally don't think my darker skin gives me greater moral authority over people of US.

So, boy it is. What else would you expect from this punk besides obamacare?
MoonShadow
Legendary

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 10:20:09 PM

I wouldn't expect a western-grown naive fool to recognize a real minority when he hears one. Obviously since I am willing to speak the the necessary truth, I must be branded as either a 'fake' or a 'race traitor'. Such childish and typical bitching attitude from privileged minorities in the west.

If there's anything foreigners in other nations hate more than a proud American, is an uppity and mouthy US minority punks who thinks world owes them a favor.

They display the worst negative stereotypes of an American better and louder than any White American I have ever met: No guts, no spine, no fucking idea what they bitch about yet feels entitled to demand shit from others and desperately try to look down on other people because their parents ran away from their own country. Not to mention their own parents seem to think any and all failing of the spoiled fucks they call their kids is due to the 'corrupting' influence of US, while any success must be attributed to their 'superior' parenting based on their 'unique and superior culture'.

As for the supposed 'racial slur', I suggest you grow some fucking spine. This president of ours clearly believes the color of his skin should dictate his way of life. Ironically, he is possibly more racially biased than any white man I've met in terms of letting his racial posturing poison his view of the world. That's one of the reasons why rest of the world took him to school and more or less bitch slapped him around during the Syrian issue. It ultimately had to do with the fact that Obama bought into his own hype and acted as if he could make do on international stage as he had done domestically: Bringing himself out as if he is some kind of moral icon that demands guilt and moral hostage situation from all who know him.

I have no problem calling somebody something which they believe themselves to be. I have every respect for people like Colin Powell and Condoleeza Rice, or for those with the courage to see beyond their compatriot's idiotic and fucking childish bitch fest they call 'civil rights' these days. But infantile and childish fucks who are too busy bitching and moaning try to tell others that people such as Powell and Rice are 'house negroes' and 'uncle toms'. As if any one of them still bitching have ever even pissed into a colored toilet.

I have no respect for those who behave in such manners as to outshine any racist KKK member in terms of behaving spoiled and mouthy.

I don't give a two shit about the bitchfest dark skinned people in US engage in so that they may buttress their 'pride' while shitting away half a grand on watches and shoes. I personally don't think my darker skin gives me greater moral authority over people of US.

Wow.  That was quite a hostile rant.  As far as I am concenred, you're welcome to your opinion, but I think that your placing blame for things outside of Obama's own doing.  And while my own hue isn't particularly dark, I am (like many others in the city where I live) part American Indian; so I agree with the sentiment that some people take the whole "white privilages & guilt" BS too far.  Still, I wouldn't stoop to using racial remarks against the POTUS.

cryptasm
Legendary

Activity: 997
Merit: 1002

Gamdom.com

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2013, 10:59:47 PM

@Honeypot
Fucking lol, it scares me that there are people like you in the world. I've got nothing more to say about your unhinged rant, enjoy the rest of your bitter hate-filled life. Watch out for scary black people!!!  Grin
Wilikon
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 01:59:31 AM

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2013/dec/12/lie-year-if-you-like-your-health-care-plan-keep-it/

(Politifact is no foxnews, to the contrary)

It was a catchy political pitch and a chance to calm nerves about his dramatic and complicated plan to bring historic change to America’s health insurance system.

“If you like your health care plan, you can keep it,” President Barack Obama said — many times — of his landmark new law.

But the promise was impossible to keep.

So this fall, as cancellation letters were going out to approximately 4 million Americans, the public realized Obama’s breezy assurances were wrong.

Boiling down the complicated health care law to a soundbite proved treacherous, even for its promoter-in-chief.  Obama and his team made matters worse, suggesting they had been misunderstood all along. The stunning political uproar led to this: a rare presidential apology.

For all of these reasons, PolitiFact has named “If you like your health care plan, you can keep it,” the Lie of the Year for 2013. Readers in a separate online poll overwhelmingly agreed with the choice.

---------------------------------
https://mobile.twitter.com/samsteinhp/status/411254091730665473?screen_name=samsteinhp

For four of the past five years, PolitiFact’s Lie of the Year has revolved around the health care law, which has been subject to more erroneous attacks than any other piece of legislation PolitiFact has fact-checked.

Obama’s ideas on health care were first offered as general outlines then grew into specific legislation over the course of his presidency. Yet Obama never adjusted his rhetoric to give people a more accurate sense of the law’s real-world repercussions, even as fact-checkers flagged his statements as exaggerated at best.

Instead, he fought back against inaccurate attacks with his own oversimplifications, which he repeated even as it became clear his promise was too sweeping.

Honeypot

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 04:35:58 AM

@Honeypot
Fucking lol, it scares me that there are people like you in the world. I've got nothing more to say about your unhinged rant, enjoy the rest of your bitter hate-filled life. Watch out for scary black people!!!  Grin

LOL you think blacks in US are 'scary' Grin

Minorities in US are too cute/
Honeypot

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 04:51:25 AM

Wow.  That was quite a hostile rant.  As far as I am concenred, you're welcome to your opinion, but I think that your placing blame for things outside of Obama's own doing.  And while my own hue isn't particularly dark, I am (like many others in the city where I live) part American Indian; so I agree with the sentiment that some people take the whole "white privilages & guilt" BS too far.  Still, I wouldn't stoop to using racial remarks against the POTUS.

I was actually greatly against any insults to the individual currently holding the POTUS office. However, his actions so far has virtually stripped away any respect anyone could possibly have for obama as an individual AND as a president of a country, never mind President of The United States of America.

He is gutless. An amateur at best. Once he meets any serious opposition, he backs down as he finds out mouth and attitude doesn't get him too far on the international stage. More like he's riding the current idiocy of PC bullshit as if rest of the world doesn't regard it as a sad joke and a good example of 'first world problem'.

The only thing holding him together is the gullibility of politically correct college kids (our 'future' lol) and the amount of power behind the office of the president and sovereign power of the united states.
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2013, 07:02:33 AM

I feel awkward, living in this country as a white person (immigrant), while still having a history of "my people" being forced into slavery just a few centuries ago  Tongue
RodeoX
Legendary

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 05:45:42 PM

UPDATE:

well I finally got around to checking prices at the Obama care website. I did find a better plan for less money, about $200/month better. I'm buying it tonight. So even though the website exploded on the launchpad, it did save me a lot of money.

Ooops - looks like you are joining the Communist hordes then!
Like all good communists, I did it to increase my personal income and fund business ventures.  Cheesy 

Hawker
Legendary

Activity: 1218

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 05:47:15 PM

UPDATE:

Like all good communists, I did it to increase my personal income and fund business ventures.  Cheesy 

I deleted my trollish reply  Grin

Congratulations on getting good insurance.
RodeoX
Legendary

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 05:53:36 PM

UPDATE:

I deleted my trollish reply  Grin

Congratulations on getting good insurance.
lol, no problem man. You have been in my cool book since way back.

Wilikon
Legendary

Activity: 1176

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 01:27:37 AM

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702303722104579240140554518458

Companies Use Information From Data Brokers, Pharmacies, Social Networks

Some health-care companies are pulling back the curtain on medical privacy without ever accessing personal medical records, by probing readily available information from data brokers, pharmacies and social networks that offer indirect clues to an individual's health.

Companies specializing in patient recruitment for clinical trials use hundreds of data points—from age and race to shopping habits—to identify the sick and target them with telemarketing calls and direct-mail pitches to participate in research.

Blue Chip Marketing Worldwide, a drug-industry contractor, found patients for an obesity drug by targeting people with characteristics suggestive of a sedentary lifestyle, like subscribing to premium cable TV and frequent fast-food dining. Acurian Inc., one of the largest recruitment companies, says innocuous personal details—a preference for jazz, owning a cat or participation in sweepstakes—helped it home in on patients for an arthritis study.

"We are now at a point where, based on your credit-card history, and whether you drive an American automobile and several other lifestyle factors, we can get a very, very close bead on whether or not you have the disease state we're looking at," said Roger Smith, senior vice president of operations at Horsham, Pa.-based Acurian, a unit of Pharmaceutical Product Development LLC.

Targeted advertising has long been used in the retail industry, but its use in health care is raising new concerns. Privacy experts and bioethicists say that as data-mining methods become more sophisticated, it is becoming harder to keep medical conditions private. Targeted consumers have complained to regulators about intrusive tactics and worries that their medical records have been compromised.

"My private information, especially my medical information, I'm extremely protective of it," says Delbert Kerby, 62 years old, of Rocklin, Calif. The telecommunications consultant says he was surprised when telemarketers called him last year about a study of arthritis. The company didn't leave its name, he says, but he filed a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission about the call. (He has arthritis but has no idea how the company targeted him.)

Federal law bars doctors, insurers and other health-care providers from sharing or selling personally identifiable information in patients' medical records without permission, under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, or HIPAA. The law doesn't, however, protect the clues that people leave about their health outside of their medical records—when they make credit-card purchases or search the Internet. Law professor Nicolas P. Terry calls such information "medically inflected data."

"I think patients would be shocked to find out how little privacy protection they have outside of traditional health care," says Mr. Terry, professor and co-director at the Center for Law and Health at Indiana University's law school. He adds, "Big Data essentially can operate in a HIPAA-free zone."

Research firms and patient recruiters, including both Blue Chip and Acurian, say they abide by HIPAA and privacy laws.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: