Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 08:33:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: .  (Read 46105 times)
Wilikon
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 08:47:50 PM

More than 100,000 Americans who applied for insurance through HealthCare.gov and were told they are eligible for Medicaid or the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) remain unenrolled because of lingering software defects in the federal online marketplace, according to federal and state health officials.

To try to provide coverage to these people before they seek medical care, the Obama administration has launched a barrage of phone calls in recent days in 21 states, advising those who applied that the quickest route into the programs is to start over at their state’s Medicaid agency.

State officials, meanwhile, are racing to cope in various ways — some enrolling people based on imperfect data files they received from Washington, others mailing letters urging eligible people to contact the state to sign up.

The chaos is likely to prove temporary because of the state and federal efforts that have just begun to help people enroll and because the coverage can be made retroactive to the first of the year.

Still, the fact that some consumers learned on HealthCare.gov that they could join the two programs but are not yet in them is creating a problem for states and confusion for the consumers. The situation also offers a glimpse of the technical problems that persist with the computer system underpinning the new federal online insurance marketplace more than a month after the Obama administration announced it had largely been fixed.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/healthcaregov-defects-leave-many-americans-eligible-for-medicaid-chip-without-coverage/2014/01/04/f8ed10d2-7400-11e3-8b3f-b1666705ca3b_story.html

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
U1TRA_L0RD

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

CAUTION: Angry Man with Attitude.

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 07:52:58 PM

So there are still some people remaining uncovered due to their flawed online application?
Don't worry. 

There will be a lot of government advertizing about how great things are, until people mindlessly repeat "Our health care plan is great".

Just like the people in Britain do now.

Wow, That's great to hear, But why do people think Obama care is bad, just because they are finding ways to make him look bad?
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 08:17:41 PM

So there are still some people remaining uncovered due to their flawed online application?
Don't worry. 

There will be a lot of government advertizing about how great things are, until people mindlessly repeat "Our health care plan is great".

Wow, That's great to hear, But why do people think Obama care is bad, just because they are finding ways to make him look bad?

"They" aren't finding ways to make Obama look bad, "they" are simply pointing them out when they occur.  What's really happening is that those for whom the ACA was supposed to help are actually harming them, and that is quite what the detractors were warning against early on.  "They" are just touting "we told you so!"

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
U1TRA_L0RD

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 08:21:50 PM

Don't worry. 

"They" aren't finding ways to make Obama look bad, "they" are simply pointing them out when they occur.  What's really happening is that those for whom the ACA was supposed to help are actually harming them, and that is quite what the detractors were warning against early on.  "They" are just touting "we told you so!"

Ronny could of been making mistakes if he were president as well, but since you are a supporter, I guess you will support him anyway, and pretend nothing has happened. Cheesy
Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 08:35:14 PM

Don't worry. 

Ronny could of been making mistakes if he were president as well, but since you are a supporter, I guess you will support him anyway, and pretend nothing has happened. Cheesy

You could be right about "Ronny", but are you aware of what is happening now in reality of this world, not a parallel one?
Everything I post are what the law is doing. If you take 30 seconds of your time checking the links you will see it is not so much about making a black man look bad, but recording and pointing at the the law of unintended consequences.
I personally believe there is no way it was not by design. No one can be that bad, stupid with so much money if not on purpose. 

NO mistakes.
try this:

www.obamacare.com
www.barackobama.com

They own it. Full.
MoonShadow
Legendary

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 10:18:16 PM

I doubt it.  I never had any illusions that Ron Paul would be a great president.  Everyone makes mistakes, particularly doing a job like that, but the AMA was designed to fail; they said so when it was passed.  The other "they" didn't want a working compromise, "they" wanted a full on single payer healthcare industry.  "They" wanted the complete destruction of the "evil" insurance industry, under the presumption that a government bureaucracy is actually less evil than a corporate bureaucracy.  There is no evidence to assume that a monopoly on critical service is likely to be better than what we had, and much evidence to suggest that it would be worse over time.  No matter how well intended, never forget that, eventually, those people that you might believe are not out for themselves will lose power over these kinds of bureaucracies, and you enemy will be in control of your health care.  There's a good chance that will occur right about the time of your life that you actually need such care.  The AMA does, provablely, permit the establishment of "death panels"; so even if the Democrats are too nice to do such a thing to your grandmother, do you trust that the Republicans are too nice to do that to you?

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 10:58:17 PM

I doubt it.  I never had any illusions that Ron Paul would be a great president.  Everyone makes mistakes, particularly doing a job like that, but the AMA was designed to fail; they said so when it was passed.  The other "they" didn't want a working compromise, "they" wanted a full on single payer healthcare industry.  "They" wanted the complete destruction of the "evil" insurance industry, under the presumption that a government bureaucracy is actually less evil than a corporate bureaucracy.  There is no evidence to assume that a monopoly on critical service is likely to be better than what we had, and much evidence to suggest that it would be worse over time.  No matter how well intended, never forget that, eventually, those people that you might believe are not out for themselves will lose power over these kinds of bureaucracies, and you enemy will be in control of your health care.  There's a good chance that will occur right about the time of your life that you actually need such care.  The AMA does, provablely, permit the establishment of "death panels"; so even if the Democrats are too nice to do such a thing to your grandmother, do you trust that the Republicans are too nice to do that to you?

As many faults as Ron Paul had, he was a physician, so it would have been virtually impossible for him to have created or perpetuated this mess or something equal to it.

As for Romney, he repeatedly said he'd veto the Obamacare thing on his first day so that's a moot point.
US Democrats own Obamacare 100%. 
U1TRA_L0RD

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 11:09:33 PM

Yes, so "IF" Ronny was president, He would of been making mistakes, but you would be supportive about him right? If not, then every president is going to be making mistakes, its life.
MoonShadow
Legendary

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 11:26:06 PM

Yes, so "IF" Ronny was president, He would of been making mistakes, but you would be supportive about him right? If not, then every president is going to be making mistakes, its life.

Supportive, yes; but I would still advocate the correction of mistakes.  The AMA isn't a mistake, however, it's palying out better than they planned.

Hawker
Legendary

Activity: 1218

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 11:31:52 PM

Supportive, yes; but I would still advocate the correction of mistakes.  The AMA isn't a mistake, however, it's palying out better than they planned.

It is indeed.  I see that about 9 million people have gotten cover so far and your Democratic party is talking about Obamacare being a net positive for them. 

However, I still think you will run up against the problem that the US gives patent monopoly holders way too much bargaining power.  The reason US medical costs are so high are not down to insurance vs. single payer as such but that patent holders are allowed to charge different people different prices for the same drug.  "Death panels" like the UK's NICE are not essential (I know you guys have no problem with paying more) but they are very useful. 

U1TRA_L0RD

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 12:00:26 AM

It is indeed.  I see that about 9 million people have gotten cover so far and your Democratic party is talking about Obamacare being a net positive for them. 

However, I still think you will run up against the problem that the US gives patent monopoly holders way too much bargaining power.  The reason US medical costs are so high are not down to insurance vs. single payer as such but that patent holders are allowed to charge different people different prices for the same drug.  "Death panels" like the UK's NICE are not essential (I know you guys have no problem with paying more) but they are very useful. 

You see when a president has more morals, he does what most Americans want, and those who didn't want it, are very mad at that president. Ive done allot of studying on the presidents of america in high school. All of them aren't perfect.
Hawker
Legendary

Activity: 1218

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 12:20:25 AM

...snip...

It is indeed.  I see that about 9 million people have gotten cover so far and your Democratic party is talking about Obamacare being a net positive for them.  

However, I still think you will run up against the problem that the US gives patent monopoly holders way too much bargaining power.  The reason US medical costs are so high are not down to insurance vs. single payer as such but that patent holders are allowed to charge different people different prices for the same drug.  "Death panels" like the UK's NICE are not essential (I know you guys have no problem with paying more) but they are very useful.  

You see when a president has more morals, he does what most Americans want, and those who didn't want it, are very mad at that president. Ive done allot of studying on the presidents of america in high school. All of them aren't perfect.

True enough.  There seems to be a lot of people horrified at the idea of health as an affordable service.  Its as if having paid way too much for way too many years, they now feel that admitting they were ripped off would make them look like fools.
Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 03:58:56 AM

I doubt it.  I never had any illusions that Ron Paul would be a great president.  Everyone makes mistakes, particularly doing a job like that, but the AMA was designed to fail; they said so when it was passed.  The other "they" didn't want a working compromise, "they" wanted a full on single payer healthcare industry.  "They" wanted the complete destruction of the "evil" insurance industry, under the presumption that a government bureaucracy is actually less evil than a corporate bureaucracy.  There is no evidence to assume that a monopoly on critical service is likely to be better than what we had, and much evidence to suggest that it would be worse over time.  No matter how well intended, never forget that, eventually, those people that you might believe are not out for themselves will lose power over these kinds of bureaucracies, and you enemy will be in control of your health care.  There's a good chance that will occur right about the time of your life that you actually need such care.  The AMA does, provablely, permit the establishment of "death panels"; so even if the Democrats are too nice to do such a thing to your grandmother, do you trust that the Republicans are too nice to do that to you?

Supportive, yes; but I would still advocate the correction of mistakes.  The AMA isn't a mistake, however, it's palying out better than they planned.

It is indeed.  I see that about 9 million people have gotten cover so far and your Democratic party is talking about Obamacare being a net positive for them.  

However, I still think you will run up against the problem that the US gives patent monopoly holders way too much bargaining power.  The reason US medical costs are so high are not down to insurance vs. single payer as such but that patent holders are allowed to charge different people different prices for the same drug.  "Death panels" like the UK's NICE are not essential (I know you guys have no problem with paying more) but they are very useful.  

So the more Drone missions killing babies the "more morals" he has? The more broad NSA/Snowden chasing re authorization by his signature over and over is what most Americans want because he has more morals?

In that case he is surely the most more bestest moraled American president ever  Grin
Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 04:06:24 AM

My interest in health care policy was spurred by researching women’s health care issues and discovering more women than men die from heart disease. Heart research, however, was primarily conducted on men. I approached Cedars-Sinai Hospital and helped establish theWomen’s Heart Center there. Under the guidance of Dr. Noel Bairey Merz, the staff is conducting groundbreaking research. From this point, I naturally became interested in how the Affordable Care Act (ACA) will help women, and as a mother, how it will affect young people.

The law is particularly important to American women. Formerly, a healthy young woman could legally be charged premiums 150 percent higher than a young man of the same age and health. Pregnancy was considered a “pre-existing condition” commonly used to deny coverage for some women. Under early provisions of the ACA however, 45 million womenstarted receiving preventative services from both private insurance and Medicare. These services included prenatal care and well-baby visits, as well as mammograms, cervical cancer screenings, flu shots and domestic violence screenings. The improvements in prescription drug coverage under Medicare saved 2 million women $1.2 billion in 2011 alone. And over 1 million uninsured, young adult women were able to receive coverage through their parents.

Young people benefited at the outset. Nearly a third of young adults have no health carecoverage. Already the ACA prohibits insurance companies from denying coverage to individuals under 19-years-old based on pre-existing conditions. Young people are now free to stay on their parents’ policies until they are 26-years-old. Because of this early ACA provision, over 3 million young, previously uninsured adults gained insurance. Compare this with the 41 percent of young adults who forewent needed medical/health care because of costs prior to the ACA. Under the ACA, young people making less than $43,000 will also have tax credits available to them to make coverage affordable.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/barbra-streisand/affordable-care-act_b_4546482.html?ncid=edlinkusaolp00000003

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A Reminder For The Little People:

Barbra Streisand’s diva ways apparently extend from her performances to her palace.

Sources tell Confidenti@l the Grammy Award-winner made ridiculous and patronizing demands on interior decorators who recently worked on her $100 million Malibu mansion.

We have learned “The Send in the Clowns” singer allegedly behaved like one by constantly squabbling with workers over prices, refusing to eat while decorators were in her house, and barring workers from even looking at her.

“They were told by a friend of hers, ‘Now children, you cannot make eye contact with Babs. You know that she does not like that. Do not look at her while you’re here,’ ” reveals our source.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/confidential/babs-isn-fab-interior-decorators-streisand-mansion-article-1.1530397
U1TRA_L0RD

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 12:38:37 PM

I doubt it.  I never had any illusions that Ron Paul would be a great president.  Everyone makes mistakes, particularly doing a job like that, but the AMA was designed to fail; they said so when it was passed.  The other "they" didn't want a working compromise, "they" wanted a full on single payer healthcare industry.  "They" wanted the complete destruction of the "evil" insurance industry, under the presumption that a government bureaucracy is actually less evil than a corporate bureaucracy.  There is no evidence to assume that a monopoly on critical service is likely to be better than what we had, and much evidence to suggest that it would be worse over time.  No matter how well intended, never forget that, eventually, those people that you might believe are not out for themselves will lose power over these kinds of bureaucracies, and you enemy will be in control of your health care.  There's a good chance that will occur right about the time of your life that you actually need such care.  The AMA does, provablely, permit the establishment of "death panels"; so even if the Democrats are too nice to do such a thing to your grandmother, do you trust that the Republicans are too nice to do that to you?

Supportive, yes; but I would still advocate the correction of mistakes.  The AMA isn't a mistake, however, it's palying out better than they planned.

So the more Drone missions killing babies the "more morals" he has? The more broad NSA/Snowden chasing re authorization by his signature over and over is what most Americans want because he has more morals?

In that case he is surely the most more bestest moraled American president ever  Grin

Are you testing me boy? Jk, Talk to Hilary Clinton, She the war supervisor.
Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 03:22:53 PM

Testing you? Testing You? With all the studying you did on the presidents of america in high school I would not dare... Grin
Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 12:07:15 AM

New Obamacare health insurance enrollees may feel a pang of envy when they eye the coverage plans offered by Walmart to its employees.

For many years, the giant discount retailer has been the target of unions and liberal activists who have harshly criticized the company’s health care plans, calling them “notorious for failing to provide health benefits” and “substandard.”

But a Washington Examiner comparison of the two health insurance programs found that Walmart’s plan is more affordable and provides significantly better access to high-quality medical care than Obamacare.
Click here to see an infographic comparing Obamacare’s health insurance premiums to Walmart’s

Independent insurance agents affiliated with the National Association of Health Underwriters and health policy experts compared the two at the request of the Examiner.

Walmart furnished employee benefit information to the Examiner. Neither Obamacare advocate Families USA nor the United Food and Commercial Workers, which backs anti-Walmart campaigns, responded to Examiner requests for comment.

Walmart offers its employees two standard plans, a Health Reimbursement Account and an alternative it calls “HRA High” that costs more out of employees’ pockets but has lower deductibles. Blue Cross Blue Shield manages both plans nationally.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/surprise-walmart-health-plan-cheaper-offers-more-coverage-than-obamacare/article/2541670
MoonShadow
Legendary

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 12:10:10 AM

Testing you? Testing You? With all the studying you did on the presidents of america in high school I would not dare... Grin

I wonder if he ever learned who the Commander in Chief is.

Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 12:26:07 AM

Don't let him know. This could crush all that more morals cloud stuff down.
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 01:26:57 AM

Don't let him know. This could crush all that more morals cloud stuff down.
Yeah.

And we could play THIS:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RC2tlNmz4ao

and then we could tell him what it REALLY WAS:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eR0mJfGhbk
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: