Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 09:05:00 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 [99] 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 ... 249 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [GEO] GeoCoin | GIS & GeoTechnologies  (Read 563998 times)
device

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 05:41:43 PM

My thoughts exactly.. Or are you here just to bash on this coin and its community?  Huh I agree with you that all these " warnings"  that pop up are not really good or something for the image of this coin. But instead of helping to try and solve these issues, you only point them out without some sort of solution for them. If you really like this coin, you can always offer some help on the things you noticed.. It seems to me you know your stuff very well  Smiley

Why should I feel obligated ? I've done my part. lol

As a result, people have become aware that :
- Malwarebytes blocked the qt from connecting to an unknown and very suspicious IP
and..
- the debug.log file is riddled with unexpected IP traffic

Everyone can see this is a phishing scheme. Why don't you ?

@all Check your debug.log file before and after adding the line "irc=0" to ANY of your client's .conf file.
http://www.coindesk.com/unconfirmed-report-5-million-bitstamp-bitcoin-exchange/

Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2015, 10:42:34 PM

My thoughts exactly.. Or are you here just to bash on this coin and its community?  Huh I agree with you that all these " warnings"  that pop up are not really good or something for the image of this coin. But instead of helping to try and solve these issues, you only point them out without some sort of solution for them. If you really like this coin, you can always offer some help on the things you noticed.. It seems to me you know your stuff very well  Smiley

- Malwarebytes blocked the qt from connecting to an unknown and very suspicious IP
and..

@all Check your debug.log file before and after adding the line "irc=0" to ANY of your client's .conf file.

Can you imagine the LOLz, OMFGs and the WTFs, if it was found that a malware/RAT infested shitcoin, used by one of the staff, was what caused the security breach ?

I just received a PM with a link to the updated client from tobler saying that the issue fixed and that I should try it out. lol..

Why hasn't he posted it here ? Roll Eyes

Tobler (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 111

GeoCoin Creator

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2015, 10:49:06 PM

My thoughts exactly.. Or are you here just to bash on this coin and its community?  Huh I agree with you that all these " warnings"  that pop up are not really good or something for the image of this coin. But instead of helping to try and solve these issues, you only point them out without some sort of solution for them. If you really like this coin, you can always offer some help on the things you noticed.. It seems to me you know your stuff very well  Smiley

and..

Can you imagine the LOLz, OMFGs and the WTFs, if it was found that a malware/RAT infested shitcoin, used by one of the staff, was what caused the security breach ?

I just received a PM with a link to the updated client from tobler saying that the issue fixed and that I should try it out. lol..

You don 't have to test it out but since you are the one with the problem I thought you would want to make sure the issue is resolved. I sent it to you because I thought you had an issue with the current GEO wallet?

We are doing some graphic design on the brand and to the QT wallet. Once ready, it will be released to the public.

GeoCoin - Bringing GIS Technologies to the blockchain!
kcanup
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 10:52:52 PM

Go GeoCoin team, move ahead from all negativity and criticism. Nobody can control others opinion, so do your job best  Smiley
user8x8

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 12:43:31 AM

My thoughts exactly.. Or are you here just to bash on this coin and its community?  Huh I agree with you that all these " warnings"  that pop up are not really good or something for the image of this coin. But instead of helping to try and solve these issues, you only point them out without some sort of solution for them. If you really like this coin, you can always offer some help on the things you noticed.. It seems to me you know your stuff very well  Smiley

and..

Hippie Tech, I kept my mouth shut when you came to this thread about a week ago. Did not want to reason with you again after the 1st of April screenshots exchange in ASN thread.
But today I saw your post and decided to reply...

What is your game? What do you want?

You did a lot of harm to Ascensioncoin. Do you want to repeat it here?
I do not think it will work this time. The main value of Geocoin is not in the wallet application itself, it is in the backend services that Tobler and team are developing.
The wallet itself is pretty standard with not much customisation done to it.
The virus warnings, etc that you're showing are very generic. Probably most of altcoin wallets have same virus findings. I presume you have no idea how virus scanners work and think that if a virus shows a warning, then this is a big problem worthy of posting messages and scaring people... I assure you, this is not the case.

Hippie Tech user is a well-known troll. There is even a dedicated thread about him.
Users of GEO thread, please ignore whatever "Hippie Tech" posts. Thanks.

-----------

To GEO community...
I've been in "read-only mode" in this thread for quite awhile, because when I was posting and making proposals for ASN previously, it all ended up with this...

But since I have shown myself here, I wanted to say that I'd be willing to help this coin grow and find more adoption and I can pay some of my own BTC to help make it happen. Things I could possibly help with:
* Re-make the GEO wallet from scratch by forking from some better source code. Perhaps Bitcoin 0.10 or some more fancy looking clone. I presume that current build was made from Catsubian Derk, or whatever the name was and is rather outdated now. Plus make Win, Mac and Linux wallets.
* Add a proper block explorer, probably chainz.
* Pay for promotion, perhaps with Vindyne8.

Please PM me directly if you want a reply from me, I don't want my photos to be posted here as well :-). Otherwise I'm back to "read-only" mode...

Thanks!
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2015, 02:43:40 AM

and..

Hippie Tech, I kept my mouth shut when you came to this thread about a week ago. Did not want to reason with you again after the 1st of April screenshots exchange in ASN thread.
But today I saw your post and decided to reply...

What is your game? What do you want?

You did a lot of harm to Ascensioncoin. Do you want to repeat it here?
I do not think it will work this time. The main value of Geocoin is not in the wallet application itself, it is in the backend services that Tobler and team are developing.
The wallet itself is pretty standard with not much customisation done to it.
The virus warnings, etc that you're showing are very generic. Probably most of altcoin wallets have same virus findings. I presume you have no idea how virus scanners work and think that if a virus shows a warning, then this is a big problem worthy of posting messages and scaring people... I assure you, this is not the case.

Hippie Tech user is a well-known troll. There is even a dedicated thread about him.

-----------

To GEO community...
I've been in "read-only mode" in this thread for quite awhile, because when I was posting and making proposals for ASN previously, it all ended up with this...

But since I have shown myself here, I wanted to say that I'd be willing to help this coin grow and find more adoption and I can pay some of my own BTC to help make it happen. Things I could possibly help with:
* Re-make the GEO wallet from scratch by forking from some better source code. Perhaps Bitcoin 0.10 or some more fancy looking clone. I presume that current build was made from Catsubian Derk, or whatever the name was and is rather outdated now. Plus make Win, Mac and Linux wallets.

Please PM me directly if you want a reply from me, I don't want my photos to be posted here as well :-). Otherwise I'm back to "read-only" mode...

Thanks!

Were you one of those who accused me of faking those screenies ?

Now you're here siting techshare's slanderous rants (who btw was removed from the forum's default trust list for some very good reason(s) ), and his side kick, BayAreaCoins, who can be seen blatantly lying his ass off.

While the case with ASN is somewhat open.. GEO, on the other hand, is GUILTY AS CHARGED ! Wink

Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2015, 02:52:04 AM

and..

You don 't have to test it out but since you are the one with the problem I thought you would want to make sure the issue is resolved. I sent it to you because I thought you had an issue with the current GEO wallet?

We are doing some graphic design on the brand and to the QT wallet. Once ready, it will be released to the public.

A client update made special just for meeee ? Roll Eyes

Are you the dev or are you paying someone for "updates" ?

Please explain the blocked IP and the IPs listed in the debug.log file.

Don't forget ! I had 'listen' and 'irc' both set to '0'. Wink

conteaza

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 07:30:19 AM

Block reward decreased by 25% from 5 to 4 GEO. We're now at block #240065

Will the price increase by 25% now? From 10,000 satoshi to 12,500? Let's see...

PS: July will be 4 GEO reward, August - 3 GEO, September - 2 GEO and then from October it will be only 1 GEO.
I presume the big updates will be in October timeframe...

(from the OP)
240,001-280,000:4 (~ 1 month)
280,001-320,000:3 (~ 1 month)
320,001-360,000:2 (~ 1 month)
360,001-5,000000:1 (~ 9 years)

Gizfreak
Legendary

Activity: 1162

Allergic to false promises

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 08:23:13 AM

Thanks for the tip and a new entry to my ignorelist Wink
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2015, 02:27:55 PM

Thanks for the tip and a new entry to my ignorelist Wink

This thread has grown by only 7 pages during the last 3+ weeks. Its is you and this geo-phishing hack job that are being ignored.

You are the 0.0001 percent ! Tongue

SecretsOfCrypto

Activity: 466

Twitter Follow for no BS crypto: @SecretsOfCrypto

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2015, 02:46:48 PM

Block reward decreased by 25% from 5 to 4 GEO. We're now at block #240065

Will the price increase by 25% now? From 10,000 satoshi to 12,500? Let's see...

PS: July will be 4 GEO reward, August - 3 GEO, September - 2 GEO and then from October it will be only 1 GEO.
I presume the big updates will be in October timeframe...

(from the OP)
240,001-280,000:4 (~ 1 month)
280,001-320,000:3 (~ 1 month)
320,001-360,000:2 (~ 1 month)
360,001-5,000000:1 (~ 9 years)

I think you might be onto something Smiley
metakid

Activity: 147

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 02:59:46 PM

Classic, standard, sociopath crap, the lifeblood of bct. You are really so twisted that you think that anybody here gives enough of a crap about your mindless blather to organise a completely new wallet, just for you?

Very seriously and deeply laughing my ass off Cheesy
SecretsOfCrypto

Activity: 466

Twitter Follow for no BS crypto: @SecretsOfCrypto

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2015, 03:04:48 PM

and..

Are you the dev or are you paying someone for "updates" ?

Please explain the blocked IP and the IPs listed in the debug.log file.

Don't forget ! I had 'listen' and 'irc' both set to '0'. Wink

Dude have you ever talked to Tobler? The guy is straight up honest and hard working. I can see he all ready explained the false positive with his QT compile and has developed a new wallet. I as well tried the new wallet from the slack group & it works like a charm. You are paranoid.

Keep up the great work GEO team! Personally I could care less about a QT wallet but props to the team for getting it resolved. Best to continue focusing on the HTML5 Geocashing wallet because that is where all the innovation and value comes from.
wildduck
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 08:16:36 AM

HTML5 Geo wallet is very good and very fast, qt wallet is past.
crypto4jan
Legendary

Activity: 2452
Merit: 1025

Energy coin master

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2015, 08:51:25 AM

I show tomorrow also silides for GEO-reward applications.

e2wwnbU8XBcnZxSfMTwZLS7Ru6LdWHunCu
00000a5ac2dc57cfb0b92bc8be7731fe6a94a8c1c49a0d2f32e9e2da4f7d2308
device

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 04:23:09 PM

not bad. i like it.
want to see geo version also

Getting more coins now with less per block as before (10-15 coin more:).. nice Geo

Tobler (OP)

GeoCoin Creator

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2015, 07:56:26 PM

If some people want to meet me IRL then come next week to Amsterdam;
https://bitcoinmeetup.nl/Amsterdam/2015/July/Wednesday/EnergyCoin.html
We can discuss GEO applications.

If you ever are in Canada I would come meet up Smiley BTW, Nice work with your crypto + GIS projects I am very happy to see that!

Tobler (OP)

GeoCoin Creator

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2015, 08:02:10 PM

To GEO community...

Thanks!

Thanks for your ideas. The GEO QT wallet is being designed so it wont be too long before it's ready. Why do you feel we need a different block explorer? Iquidous is quite nice and they just released some new updates. Promotions will be huge for GEO and we have a detailed plan but it wont be put into place until the developments are ready. Come join our slack!

https://geo-coin.herokuapp.com/

stormia

Activity: 868

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 05:32:22 AM

Hippietech appears to be a well known troll and general nuisance on this forum. There are entire threads (made by established individuals of this forum) dedicated to talking about his abusive and/or annoying antics. He appears to have a history of making false accusations, trying to blow small issues out of proportion, and trying to defame people and projects.
Here's one for example: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1095023.msg11694131#msg11694131
But, hey, the very fact that a troll of this "caliber" has decided to "bless" us with his useless time should be considered flattering! It appears that very few altcoins draw this amount of attention from this clown.

Anyways, keep up the good work Geocoin devs. A lot of people believe in you and in the future of this project. This thread may not be as long as others but that is in large part because there have been relatively few sock-puppet trolls and shills talking back and forth about nonsense page after page after page after page. Content-wise there is just as much or more than most altcoin threads, and it is a lot easier to find without having to weed through a bunch of junk.
device

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 10:06:25 AM

Pages: « 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 [99] 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 ... 249 »
  Print  

Jump to: