Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 08:12:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 ... 249 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [GEO] GeoCoin | GIS & GeoTechnologies  (Read 563989 times)
Cryptojunkey

Activity: 250
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 04:05:19 PM

There is a time. 3 days to the release  of geocaching is enough to accumulate some cheap coins.

I prefer to wait... We didn't see anything about this geolocation thing yet .
Don't forget what happened with Checkcoin. Sad
Do as you please, after all it's a free world, but I'm already convinced that we've got us a trustworthy dev here, that will actually deliver.
I'm part of the testing team and what I've seen so far is something ckc couldn't even deliver in 6 months time.
After the notorious easter egg hunt, I'll be on a coinchase.  Cool

Couldnt agree more, alot of possibilities here with geocaching and crypto!
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SecretsOfCrypto

Activity: 466

Twitter Follow for no BS crypto: @SecretsOfCrypto

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2015, 04:13:55 PM

There is a time. 3 days to the release  of geocaching is enough to accumulate some cheap coins.

I can guarantee you the geocashing is real. Take my word for it as I have a good reputation, never scamming anyone. Or just ask Tobler for access to the alpha testing site to see for yourself is even better!
SpringfieldM1A

Activity: 966
Merit: 550

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 05:23:48 PM

I really can't blame people for first wanting to see the actual product themselves before investing. It's a good thing really because it shows future GEO investors are a cut above your average 16 year old that dumps his lunch money into vaporcoins. We need strong, dilligent cool headed people supporting this coin. Not some hyped up crypto pumpers that spam Twitter all day. I know "organic growth" is the most ill used term in crypto, but I think with GEO there really is a shot at just that. This coin has potential to leave the dark internet basement where most coins see a short hype then stay in crypto limbo the rest of their short life before fizzling into oblivion.

Again, I already invested because I know GEO is for real. But I really think it's understandable for people to be cautious.

I hope to welcome a lot of new investors the 7th.
illiki23

Activity: 602
Merit: 295

Hail Eris!

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 06:39:51 PM

Implementation of location based faucets based on GPS for smartphone use is relatively simple and not that difficult of a project.  Awhile back when I was talking with some of the Geocoin team about GPS based faucets (working on a similar project) the main problem seemed to be to effectively prevent spoofing, and several people were already discussing a number of possible solutions.

The people I was talking to seemed very dedicated and excited at the time, and this was before they announced so it wasn't about generating hype.  This project has been in the works for long time and I am excited to see what they are doing with the technology.

Aside from just geocaching, location based faucets have so much potential for bringing actual utility to a coin, as we have discussed in this thread.

To reiterate some potential business models and just fun ideas:    merchants establishing location based faucets to bring customers,  location based faucets giving out coins near the end of hiking trails as a fitness oriented app - but unlike 'fitbit' the coins have trading value,  location based faucets as part of GPS based RPG's and games (working on a GPS based crafting and resource gathering RPG), geocaching!, coins for events, treasure hunts, etc.

I am very excited about this technology.  If Geocoin launches we can have a huge coinhunt this summer as a way to gain interest.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███    

██████████

██████    

███████████

███████████████    

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████

na]][/font][/font][/size][/font][/td][td][/td][/tr][/table][/tr
cryptocoinnl

Activity: 527
Merit: 500

Blockchain!!!

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 07:59:18 PM

Hi Guys,

Just want to add to the above posts that i was testing the beta version of GEO the last few days and i must admit.. DAMN. Works good!!
Tried to spoof, hack and get some free coins on the map, but all tests were absolutely fine. Works like a charm.
I already invested in the coin the last few days because the tech is real and the devs are top notch.

There are so many possibilities to enable merchants, shopping malls, travelling agencies etc to use this type of technology to get more customer engagement.

Looking forward to it.

Regards
Richard

https://twitter.com/CryptoCoinNL

gavrilo77

Activity: 819
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 08:12:56 PM

Is there some another pool for mining except Supernova. I see Maxminers is not really active with miners. Net hash rate is 10,095.04 MH/s, and Supernova only 1,500.78 MH/s. Where are the other 9,000.00 MH/s people mine? All solo?
biskit

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 09:33:00 AM
Last edit: April 05, 2015, 04:05:08 PM by biskit

Is there some another pool for mining except Supernova. I see Maxminers is not really active with miners. Net hash rate is 10,095.04 MH/s, and Supernova only 1,500.78 MH/s. Where are the other 9,000.00 MH/s people mine? All solo?
Some of the hash comes from yamp etc.. For sure there are solo miners also with power, might be private pool there somewhere...  you can create private poll for your self and friends
SecretsOfCrypto

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2015, 05:15:04 PM

Hi everyone, I like to do my due diligence when researching coins and invest in upcoming technologies. GEO has become the most interesting to me and I thought I would share some of my research.

Bitcoin is the original cryptocurrency that is revolutionizing the way people use money and finance. GeoCoin improves bitcoin in 2 very important ways that bitcoin may be lacking:

Geocashing Technology: An innovative real world use for geocoin that has the potential to draw an endless number of users all over the world. The fun idea of worldwide treasure hunting games will no doubt draw people in. Presently there are millions of geocaches around the world (geocaching.com) so we know its a popular activity. Many people are already playing this game and digital geocashing with cryptocurrency adds a whole new level. Here we have a target market that will be enthusiastic to adopt GeoCoin technology. Foursquare, a local search and discovery service mobile app has 45 million users which shows people like to use their phone for navigation and finding things around them. Allowing users to simply use their phone as a navigation device to find their first cryptocurrency has the potential to bring a lot of new people into using cryptocurrency.

GeoMiner: Running GIS analyses are considered one of the most advanced systems for coming to decisions about real world problems (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geographic_information_system). GIS is used by scientists, governments and private companies all over the world. Geominer will give a real purpose to mining where people can see the difference they are making. Large industries will be very interested in massive GIS analysis power.

I like that there is no POS. POS means fat investors can sit around with money in their wallets and make more money just by doing that. Here we have miners who invested their money into computer hardware to support the system. The no ICO an POW brings crypto back to where it should be and the geominer will prove that mining serves a very important purpose to the world.

The number of potential marketing ideas are endless. Due to the technology itself, GEO actually has a promotional advantage. Imagine dropping coins over an event, or amusement parks. Integrating with social media has the potential to make this go viral.

The value of GeoCoin is real. Geocoin has value because of the geocashing technology developed. When you buy geocoins you are buying into that technology and any future technology developed by Tobler and his team (which appear to be highly skilled/experienced individuals). That is not going to just disappear. The developer has proven to be honorable developing this technology for a 0.5% premine and no ICO funds. I personally don't think any coin will go mainstream unless the distribution has been fair. The structure of GEO has been designed for the people and not the developer.

To me Geocoin is unlike any other cryptocurrency and has the potential to become something quite astounding. Great work. Looking forward to the 7th.
kryptologist

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

@kryptographer

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 05:24:33 PM

Hi everyone, I like to do my due diligence when researching coins and invest in upcoming technologies. GEO has become the most interesting to me and I thought I would share some of my research.

Bitcoin is the original cryptocurrency that is revolutionizing the way people use money and finance. GeoCoin improves bitcoin in 2 very important ways that bitcoin may be lacking:

Geocashing Technology: An innovative real world use for geocoin that has the potential to draw an endless number of users all over the world. The fun idea of worldwide treasure hunting games will no doubt draw people in. Presently there are millions of geocaches around the world (geocaching.com) so we know its a popular activity. Many people are already playing this game and digital geocashing with cryptocurrency adds a whole new level. Here we have a target market that will be enthusiastic to adopt GeoCoin technology. Foursquare, a local search and discovery service mobile app has 45 million users which shows people like to use their phone for navigation and finding things around them. Allowing users to simply use their phone as a navigation device to find their first cryptocurrency has the potential to bring a lot of new people into using cryptocurrency.

GeoMiner: Running GIS analyses are considered one of the most advanced systems for coming to decisions about real world problems (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geographic_information_system). GIS is used by scientists, governments and private companies all over the world. Geominer will give a real purpose to mining where people can see the difference they are making. Large industries will be very interested in massive GIS analysis power.

I like that there is no POS. POS means fat investors can sit around with money in their wallets and make more money just by doing that. Here we have miners who invested their money into computer hardware to support the system. The no ICO an POW brings crypto back to where it should be and the geominer will prove that mining serves a very important purpose to the world.

The number of potential marketing ideas are endless. Due to the technology itself, GEO actually has a promotional advantage. Imagine dropping coins over an event, or amusement parks. Integrating with social media has the potential to make this go viral.

The value of GeoCoin is real. Geocoin has value because of the geocashing technology developed. When you buy geocoins you are buying into that technology and any future technology developed by Tobler and his team (which appear to be highly skilled/experienced individuals). That is not going to just disappear. The developer has proven to be honorable developing this technology for a 0.5% premine and no ICO funds. I personally don't think any coin will go mainstream unless the distribution has been fair. The structure of GEO has been designed for the people and not the developer.

To me Geocoin is unlike any other cryptocurrency and has the potential to become something quite astounding. Great work. Looking forward to the 7th.

Yeah brotha! Stocking up at 20k floor seems like a good idea right now Smiley
biskit

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 06:00:04 PM

Must. Find. That applause gif. did not save it.  on its way
device

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 07:07:00 PM
Last edit: April 05, 2015, 07:34:25 PM by device

?

SecretsOfCrypto

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2015, 08:32:02 PM

GEO corn maze:
biskit

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 08:54:21 PM

Cool
biskit

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 09:23:32 PM
Last edit: April 06, 2015, 09:46:39 AM by biskit

They could spice that race up collecting coins with auto redrop each lap or longer track one big pot for the winner on finish..

Or simply to help collect on hardcore locations. any merchant droping them yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70pusNNunMA  from 1:25 feels like Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace race
Cryptojunkey

Activity: 250

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 10:18:20 PM

Yeah brotha! Stocking up at 20k floor seems like a good idea right now Smiley

Happy to have my stack! I know of a few people looking to invest big if the beta goes through ok.
SecretsOfCrypto

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2015, 10:58:15 PM

GeoCoin Raceway:

biskit

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 01:56:33 AM

Frogger

This stunt was performed by trained professional, don't try this at home
CTRLX

Activity: 910
Merit: 503

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 08:18:17 AM

Frogger

This stunt was performed by trained professional, don't try this at home

Lmao, mobile phones work in cars too  Wink
Gizfreak
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

Allergic to false promises

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 08:39:02 AM

Funny to see the corn maze, as I am planning the same thing with this maze at the highest hill of the Netherlands.

biskit

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 11:01:37 AM

Looks quite tricky
Pages: « 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 ... 249 »
  Print  

Jump to: