Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 03:52:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 [155] 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 ... 249 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [GEO] GeoCoin | GIS & GeoTechnologies  (Read 563994 times)
weifa

Activity: 776
Merit: 308

GeoCoin Developer - GIS Technologist

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 04:41:12 PM

Over the weekend I had some good success implementing some of the new 3D building logic, just need to integrate some additional user interface controls this week.
hiddensphinx
Legendary

Activity: 1457
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 05:04:24 PM

One short question. If you can answer me that question satisfactory, I will buy a siginificant amount of Geocoins.
How do you solve the problem that the GPS-position can be faked with software as well as hardware?

This is a good question. I have a Jailbroken iPhone and can successfully spoof my GPS on the Geocoin app.

How do you plan to tackle this?
We have built some functionality to detect people who try and spoof their GPS locations and when caught those users are banned instantly.
We have banned 74 users to date who attempted to spoof their GPS position.

Just like to add when i was spoofing, i never collected any GEO coins. I live in QLD Australia and those 5 GEO coins that are still there and the only collectable GEO coins within a 20 minute drive from my house, have not been collected yet 😄

Take your Bitcoin and Altcoin trading strategy to another level with Trade Santa! - https://tradesanta.com/en/site/set-referral-cookie?referral_id=111843
Donald_Buck

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 07:18:20 AM

One short question. If you can answer me that question satisfactory, I will buy a siginificant amount of Geocoins.
How do you solve the problem that the GPS-position can be faked with software as well as hardware?

This is a good question. I have a Jailbroken iPhone and can successfully spoof my GPS on the Geocoin app.

We have built some functionality to detect people who try and spoof their GPS locations and when caught those users are banned instantly.

This does not really convince me. Of course you can detect some of the people who try to spoof their location. For exampe it is not possible to be at one place and one minute later at another place which is 100 miles away. But it is not possible to detect all those users. Pokemon Go has the same problms.

If there are many coins near together, you cannot find out if someone spoofs or not. Also if the coins have high value, you will attract many cheaters.

I know that there is no simple solution for that problem (btw: I am working in the Geoinformatics field).
Anyway, before you have not solved this problem, there is no way that your concept will be accepted in a large scale.

I like your ideas very much. A Geocoin would have huge potential. But if you cannot make 100 percent sure that users cannot spoof ther location it cannot really work.

Any idea to solve that problem? If you have a good idea but not the time, maybe we could write a research proposal ... you can also send me a PM

weifa

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 04:39:28 PM

This does not really convince me. Of course you can detect some of the people who try to spoof their location. For exampe it is not possible to be at one place and one minute later at another place which is 100 miles away. But it is not possible to detect all those users. Pokemon Go has the same problms.

If there are many coins near together, you cannot find out if someone spoofs or not. Also if the coins have high value, you will attract many cheaters.

I know that there is no simple solution for that problem (btw: I am working in the Geoinformatics field).
Anyway, before you have not solved this problem, there is no way that your concept will be accepted in a large scale.

I like your ideas very much. A Geocoin would have huge potential. But if you cannot make 100 percent sure that users cannot spoof ther location it cannot really work.

Any idea to solve that problem? If you have a good idea but not the time, maybe we could write a research proposal ... you can also send me a PM

As I mentioned above, we already do detect and instantly ban users who are caught spoofing their GPS positions using our advanced GIS spatial analysis.  To date we have banned 74 users and will continue to ban anyone who attempts to spoof their GPS.  I guess the Pokemon Go developers are lacking GIS experience  Wink
weifa

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 04:41:57 PM

We have banned 74 users to date who attempted to spoof their GPS position.

Just like to add when i was spoofing, i never collected any GEO coins. I live in QLD Australia and those 5 GEO coins that are still there and the only collectable GEO coins within a 20 minute drive from my house, have not been collected yet 😄
Thanks for clarifying that, and I had already assumed that based on your description.  As I stated, those who are caught spoofing their GPS locations will be banned instantly.   No if's ands or buts, so don't even try it!!!
weifa

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 04:44:09 PM

Tonight I will continue developing in some new user interface controls for the 3D buildings after work.  I'll also be touching up the GUI design for the Camera Perspective Controls.

Keep it GEOing! Grin
Woshib

Activity: 938
Merit: 576

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 04:50:42 PM

I have some Geocoins that are in my account since a long time.
How can I do to withdraw Geocoins from your website?
weifa

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 07:31:22 PM

I have some Geocoins that are in my account since a long time.
How can I do to withdraw Geocoins from your website?
GeoCoin withdrawals are currently disabled at this time.
darslander

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 09:54:52 PM

Tonight I will continue developing in some new user interface controls for the 3D buildings after work.  I'll also be touching up the GUI design for the Camera Perspective Controls.

Keep it GEOing! Grin
What interesting kann do geo now . It was good time to start to develop geo in september .
Donald_Buck

Activity: 47

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 07:05:50 AM

As I mentioned above, we already do detect and instantly ban users who are caught spoofing their GPS positions using our advanced GIS spatial analysis.  To date we have banned 74 users and will continue to ban anyone who attempts to spoof their GPS.  I guess the Pokemon Go developers are lacking GIS experience  Wink

OK - that means you have not soved the problem. If you would be able to detect reliable fake GPS you would not have to ban users, because it would be sufficient to refuse to give them coins. Before you have not solved this problem, your coins will never be worth much, because it is to unsecure to place them at a geolocation.
Anyway, I wish you good luck for your project.
weifa

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 04:34:09 PM

OK - that means you have not soved the problem. If you would be able to detect reliable fake GPS you would not have to ban users, because it would be sufficient to refuse to give them coins. Before you have not solved this problem, your coins will never be worth much, because it is to unsecure to place them at a geolocation.
Anyway, I wish you good luck for your project.
Thanks for voicing your concerns, and the well wishes.
weifa

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 04:35:05 PM

Keep it GEOing! Grin
Had some success last night with the 3D buildings development, will continue again tonight after work.
konemota

Activity: 24

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 10:41:28 PM

Before you have not solved this problem, your coins will never be worth much, because it is to unsecure to place them at a geolocation.
[/quote]

So, this mean that we need to go to buy more GEO before the problem is solved?
weifa

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 05:21:28 AM

Keep it GEOing! Grin
Had some success last night with the 3D buildings development, will continue again tonight after work.
Got the 3D buildings working successfully and also finished touching up the GUI design for the Camera Perspective Controls.  Tomorrow I will touch up the GUI for the 3D Buildings as well  Smiley
weifa

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 05:00:50 AM

Got the 3D Buildings GUI up and running.  Now 2/3 items are complete from the Twitter poll.  I'll be working on the sound effects over the weekend.  Let's GEO!
gaazje

Activity: 452
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2017, 10:27:27 AM

Got the 3D Buildings GUI up and running.  Now 2/3 items are complete from the Twitter poll.  I'll be working on the sound effects over the weekend.  Let's GEO!

Good to hear, thanks for the hard work!

░▒▓█ / / /X42/ / / WELCOME TO FEELESS FUTURE! █▓▒░
Bitinator

Activity: 746
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 07:18:52 PM

Before you have not solved this problem, your coins will never be worth much, because it is to unsecure to place them at a geolocation.

[/quote]

If there was an option to "lock" coins so that you could see them but only someone else with the "key" can pick then up this would Discourage spoofing and allow for interesting use cases without having to use other blockchains to send money to loved ones. " hey Dad i dropped the geocoin outside your door you should be able to see them with the app. The password is (familysmoney) or whatever).

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
konemota

Activity: 24

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 10:08:46 PM

If there was an option to "lock" coins so that you could see them but only someone else with the "key" can pick then up this would Discourage spoofing and allow for interesting use cases without having to use other blockchains to send money to loved ones. " hey Dad i dropped the geocoin outside your door you should be able to see them with the app. The password is (familysmoney) or whatever).
[/quote]

Your idea is very interesting and i can imagine how that would work in a real life. That`s the beauty of this project, it has so many room to improve itself. As i know, this is the only project which has implemented together two of, let`s say, ten most important future technologies, blockchain and augmented reality. Dev is a pioneer of a completely new technology, full respect. According to some exploration main stream adoption of blockchain and augmented reality can be expected 5-10 years from now, so let see what will happen.
weifa

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 04:38:41 PM

Your idea is very interesting and i can imagine how that would work in a real life. That`s the beauty of this project, it has so many room to improve itself. As i know, this is the only project which has implemented together two of, let`s say, ten most important future technologies, blockchain and augmented reality. Dev is a pioneer of a completely new technology, full respect. According to some exploration main stream adoption of blockchain and augmented reality can be expected 5-10 years from now, so let see what will happen.
[/quote]
Thanks for the suggestion, we have integrated password protection for GeoCoins in the past and we can investigate bringing this feature into the new MapBox interface as well.
weifa

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 04:39:50 PM

Had some success with the Video Game Sound Effects over the weekend with a GPS blip and a super mario style coin collect noise.  I'm going to try and produce a few different coin collect sounds based on the size of GEO that was collected.
Pages: « 1 ... 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 [155] 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 ... 249 »
  Print  

Jump to: