Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 11:06:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Which note wins first place?
Blue/grey note with fractals - 49 (32.7%)
Bit-Pay Leonardo note - 18 (12%)
Orange B-Cash note - 23 (15.3%)
Psy Yellow Note - 60 (40%)
Total Voters: 149

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How would you like to design a bitcoin banknote?  (Read 94762 times)
BitPay Business Solutions

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2012, 01:54:08 AM

Deeds and Titles are typically government issued.  For lack of a better word, we can call it a "Bitcoin Account".  I've added some different graphics for the elliptic curve crypto and a better background.

Also, since when you import the private key you basically transfer all of the bitcoins in the account, I changed it from "SPEND" to "SPEND ALL".

BitPay : The World Leader in Bitcoin Business Solutions

https://bitpay.com

Does your website accept bitcoins?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
unclemantis

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

(:firstbits => "1mantis")

View Profile
July 16, 2012, 01:57:09 AM

Deeds and Titles are typically government issued.  For lack of a better word, we can call it a "Bitcoin Account".  I've added some different graphics for the elliptic curve crypto and a better background.

Also, since when you import the private key you basically transfer all of the bitcoins in the account, I changed it from "SPEND" to "SPEND ALL".

I agree about Account. An account can have one or more key pairs. A wallet can have one or more Accounts.

I LIKE IT!

+1

PHP, Ruby, Rails, ASP, JavaScript, SQL
20+ years experience w/ Internet Technologies
Bitcoin OTC | GPG Public Key                                                                               thoughts?
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
July 16, 2012, 02:00:39 AM

What about paper stock certificates representing glbse shares ?
I don't think GLBSE shares have Bitcoin addresses. Nefario would have to issue those. He would have to decide how much value would be transferable to a paper certificate and how much should remain digital.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
dancingnancy

Activity: 661

View Profile
July 16, 2012, 02:06:10 AM

payments for genius art can be directed to: 1RXWrxw3JBVv4AKy9UGSrXnQefwzWJUmM

This is great I can't stop laughing
unclemantis

View Profile
July 16, 2012, 02:11:09 AM

FYI the font used for Bitcoin is Ubuntu Bold Italic.

Bitcoin OTC | GPG Public Key                                                                               thoughts?
elux
Legendary

Activity: 1458
Merit: 1006

View Profile
July 16, 2012, 02:47:21 AM
Last edit: July 16, 2012, 03:05:22 AM by elux

And here's a variation with a prominent mathematician:

here's another option with a Fibonacci seashell background.  Mike am I getting closer?

Cool designs! I realize these are early mock-ups, but I feel that using the portraits of people like Leonardo da Vinci and Albert Einstein is a bit pretentious.

It feels like one is trying to leach their status and wide recognition, since their work is wholly unrelated to Bitcoin and cryptography.

Instead, I would like to nominate Claude Shannon, alternatively Alan Turing for the portrait. Shannon and Turing were preeminent cryptographers, founders of the field of computer science, and widely recognized in name if not in portrait. As a third alternative, Charles Babbage has a copyright free portrait with the right dead president feel. He would not look too out of place on a 'bank note'.

In my opinion gsan's first fractal design looks the best, while bit-pay has the better layout.
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
July 16, 2012, 02:52:40 AM

No, no, no. It should be Satoshi Nakamoto.

unclemantis

View Profile
July 16, 2012, 03:06:27 AM

No, no, no. It should be Satoshi Nakamoto.

+1

ErebusBat

Activity: 560

I am the one who knocks

View Profile
July 16, 2012, 03:38:38 AM

I vote for pirateat40 for the portrait

░▒▓█ Coinroll.it - 1% House Edge Dice Game █▓▒░ • Coinroll Thread • *FREE* 100 BTC Raffle

Signup for CEX.io BitFury exchange and get GHS Instantly!  Don't wait for shipping, mine NOW!
bg002h
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1463
Merit: 1047

I outlived my lifetime membership:)

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2012, 04:12:53 AM

I agree about Account. An account can have one or more key pairs. A wallet can have one or more Accounts.

I LIKE IT!

+1
+1 this is good.

Hardforks aren't that hard. It’s getting others to use them that's hard.
1GCDzqmX2Cf513E8NeThNHxiYEivU1Chhe
Boussac
Legendary

Activity: 1220
Merit: 1015

e-ducat.fr

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2012, 08:20:03 AM

Is it "SPEND ALL" or "REDEEM" (I could import without spending for a time) ?

unclemantis

View Profile
July 16, 2012, 12:42:47 PM

Is it "SPEND ALL" or "REDEEM" (I could import without spending for a time) ?

Technically when you import you are kinda spending them. I think.

Thoughts?

Timbo925

Activity: 352
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 16, 2012, 01:06:07 PM

So I tried to combine some of the feedback. The size is based on an euro bill this time. There is a lot of going on in this one. Something on the foreground might be a great idea but wanted to share this already.
On the left you got the load/verify qr code and the background is marked with the text: BITCOINCASHBITCOINACH...
Middle is all watermarked with lines and with the BTCitcoin cash 'logo'.
The amount portion is also marked with the BITCOINCASH and lines.
Right side has the other QR code and got some binary code combined with the BTCitcoin cash.
Can easily change the colors of the bill so made some variations.

If you got a idea to add something or delete. Plz share Smiley
unclemantis

View Profile
July 16, 2012, 01:11:47 PM

So I tried to combine some of the feedback. The size is based on an euro bill this time. There is a lot of going on in this one. Something on the foreground might be a great idea but wanted to share this already.
On the left you got the load/verify qr code and the background is marked with the text: BITCOINCASHBITCOINACH...
Middle is all watermarked with lines and with the BTCitcoin cash 'logo'.
The amount portion is also marked with the BITCOINCASH and lines.
Right side has the other QR code and got some binary code combined with the BTCitcoin cash.
Can easily change the colors of the bill so made some variations.

If you got a idea to add something or delete. Plz share Smiley

Pretty.

We still need to work on the defining labels though Sad

Timbo925

Activity: 352
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 16, 2012, 01:21:31 PM

Pretty.

We still need to work on the defining labels though Sad
Thaks,

Not to much work to change it. But have the feeling the defining labels will take a wile to figure out :p
ErebusBat

I am the one who knocks

View Profile
July 16, 2012, 01:36:01 PM

I understand the reason for the curve... however I think it distracts from the bill and makes it look un-tidy.

░▒▓█ Coinroll.it - 1% House Edge Dice Game █▓▒░ • Coinroll Thread • *FREE* 100 BTC Raffle

Signup for CEX.io BitFury exchange and get GHS Instantly!  Don't wait for shipping, mine NOW!
unclemantis

View Profile
July 16, 2012, 06:38:08 PM

I understand the reason for the curve... however I think it distracts from the bill and makes it look un-tidy.

At a glance it looked like someone scribbled pen on it.

Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3056

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2012, 06:49:47 PM

I'm probably going to regret this, but what do you call a unit of 420 Satoshis?

Potoshi.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
ErebusBat

I am the one who knocks

View Profile
July 16, 2012, 09:33:30 PM

Not bad, who is the guy?

hatshepsut

Activity: 63

View Profile
July 16, 2012, 09:36:10 PM

Not bad, who is the guy?

That guy?

Oh, that's just Gavin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: