Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 01:39:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Which note wins first place?
Blue/grey note with fractals - 49 (32.7%)
Bit-Pay Leonardo note - 18 (12%)
Orange B-Cash note - 23 (15.3%)
Psy Yellow Note - 60 (40%)
Total Voters: 149

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How would you like to design a bitcoin banknote?  (Read 94762 times)
ErebusBat

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

I am the one who knocks

View Profile
July 16, 2012, 09:37:59 PM

Not bad, who is the guy?

That guy?

Oh, that's just Gavin.
I thought he looked familiar Wink

░▒▓█ Coinroll.it - 1% House Edge Dice Game █▓▒░ • Coinroll Thread • *FREE* 100 BTC Raffle

Signup for CEX.io BitFury exchange and get GHS Instantly!  Don't wait for shipping, mine NOW!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mushroomized
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

Hello!

View Profile
July 16, 2012, 09:45:34 PM

The design is actually pretty awesome, got a better resolution?

hi
Mushroomized
Legendary

Hello!

View Profile
July 16, 2012, 10:52:10 PM

The design is actually pretty awesome, got a better resolution?

Thanks! Yes, I designed it in Illustrator, so I have it all in vector.

Updated with name:

the bitcoin logo and the gavin pic look a bit fuzzy, maybe its just me though, i would use these, they are great though I like the tilted qr code style one better though

hi
Mushroomized
Legendary

Hello!

View Profile
July 16, 2012, 11:57:40 PM

I like the tilted too. The high quality versions aren't fuzzy at all. They are fully in vector.

Tilted updated and rendered in better preview quality:

Id put the redeem thing where the load one is, so you can fold the triangle over it

hi
TTBit
Legendary

Activity: 1136
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 17, 2012, 12:26:01 AM

When finished, I would like to buy finished blank color notes on decent paper and load them with a template.

good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment
teflone

Activity: 770

You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB

View Profile
July 17, 2012, 12:33:06 AM

No offense to Gavin, but can we scratch him, and people altogether from the notes ?

Lets not make it about anyone... 

For Canadians by Canadians: Canada's Bitcoin Community - https://www.coinforum.ca/
pointbiz

Activity: 437
Merit: 415

1ninja

View Profile
July 17, 2012, 12:33:17 AM

Deeds and Titles are typically government issued.  For lack of a better word, we can call it a "Bitcoin Account".  I've added some different graphics for the elliptic curve crypto and a better background.

Also, since when you import the private key you basically transfer all of the bitcoins in the account, I changed it from "SPEND" to "SPEND ALL".

This design gets better with every iteration. Keep up the good work!

I think "Bitcoin Wallet" is more accurate than "Bitcoin Account". Although an "account" generally implies an ID and password which could be interpreted as public key and private key, in the case of Bitcoin, "Account" is analogous with bank account and/or Bitcoin "Address".

It's not clear (since Bitcoin is unprecedented) but I believe these are the terms we should consider:
1) Bitcoin Wallet
2) Bitcoin Financial Instrument
3) Bitcoin Certificate
4) Bitcoin Bearer Bond

The first two, I feel, are accurate in their own right. A bitcoin wallet is a financial instrument.
I believe an argument could be made for certificate as in "certificate of ownership". The certificate would essentially make you the owner of that bitcoin address but not the owner of any specific amount of BTC.
Similarly, "bearer bond" could be used because whoever is the bearer of that paper has control of that bitcoin address. However, a bearer bond is a debt instrument and bitcoin is not a debt instrument.

Regarding "LOAD & VERIFY" and "SPEND ALL" compared to "ADDRESS" and "PRIVATE KEY". The first set of terms provides some usability for those new to bitcoin it helps them understand what each "number" is for, which is nice :-)

If we look at money from a century ago on Wikipedia we can see that sometimes full sentences appear. We should consider that this type of financial instrument requires instruction to use and re-use and we should consider 1 or 2 URLs be placed on the design, especially bitcoin.org

Also, I wonder what it would look like with a WIF private key instead of mini key.

Coder of: https://www.bitaddress.org      Thread
Open Source JavaScript Client-Side Bitcoin Wallet Generator
Donations: 1NiNja1bUmhSoTXozBRBEtR8LeF9TGbZBN   PGP
Explodicle

Activity: 950
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 17, 2012, 12:43:20 AM

No offense to Gavin, but can we scratch him, and people altogether from the notes ?

Lets not make it about anyone... 

We should at least avoid living persons, and in particular avoid glorifying our community leaders. What if we did this a while back and had Bruce bills? Wink
unclemantis

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

(:firstbits => "1mantis")

View Profile
July 17, 2012, 05:47:35 AM

Deeds and Titles are typically government issued.  For lack of a better word, we can call it a "Bitcoin Account".  I've added some different graphics for the elliptic curve crypto and a better background.

Also, since when you import the private key you basically transfer all of the bitcoins in the account, I changed it from "SPEND" to "SPEND ALL".

This design gets better with every iteration. Keep up the good work!

I think "Bitcoin Wallet" is more accurate than "Bitcoin Account". Although an "account" generally implies an ID and password which could be interpreted as public key and private key, in the case of Bitcoin, "Account" is analogous with bank account and/or Bitcoin "Address".

It's not clear (since Bitcoin is unprecedented) but I believe these are the terms we should consider:
1) Bitcoin Wallet
2) Bitcoin Financial Instrument
3) Bitcoin Certificate
4) Bitcoin Bearer Bond

The first two, I feel, are accurate in their own right. A bitcoin wallet is a financial instrument.
I believe an argument could be made for certificate as in "certificate of ownership". The certificate would essentially make you the owner of that bitcoin address but not the owner of any specific amount of BTC.
Similarly, "bearer bond" could be used because whoever is the bearer of that paper has control of that bitcoin address. However, a bearer bond is a debt instrument and bitcoin is not a debt instrument.

Regarding "LOAD & VERIFY" and "SPEND ALL" compared to "ADDRESS" and "PRIVATE KEY". The first set of terms provides some usability for those new to bitcoin it helps them understand what each "number" is for, which is nice :-)

If we look at money from a century ago on Wikipedia we can see that sometimes full sentences appear. We should consider that this type of financial instrument requires instruction to use and re-use and we should consider 1 or 2 URLs be placed on the design, especially bitcoin.org

Also, I wonder what it would look like with a WIF private key instead of mini key.

Bitcoin Variable Voucher
Bitcoin Variable Coupon

PHP, Ruby, Rails, ASP, JavaScript, SQL
20+ years experience w/ Internet Technologies
Bitcoin OTC | GPG Public Key                                                                               thoughts?
Timbo925

Activity: 352
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 17, 2012, 08:31:37 AM

Binary border with the middle logo.
Named it paper wallet for this time and put the QR code in the corner so you can fold it over for safety  Wink

Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358

View Profile
July 17, 2012, 08:48:05 AM
Last edit: July 17, 2012, 09:20:23 AM by psy

The watermark is supposed to be the spot where to fold the bill to hide the private key.
It has one of Satoshi's equations in there. The probability of an attacker to succeed in double spending the coins by releasing a longer chain, or something like that. It's in the whitepaper.
The world map, because it's the first trully global currency.

Anything that needs to be changed?
World

Activity: 743

View Profile
July 17, 2012, 10:10:44 AM

Mike,you'll have a difficult task to choosing the winners  Grin

Supporting people with beautiful creative ideas. Bitcoin is because of the developers,exchanges,merchants,miners,investors,users,machines and blockchain technologies work together.
Boussac
Legendary

Activity: 1220
Merit: 1015

e-ducat.fr

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2012, 10:17:51 AM

Is it "SPEND ALL" or "REDEEM" (I could import without spending for a time) ?

Technically when you import you are kinda spending them. I think.

Thoughts?

Import means add the private key from a paper wallet to some software wallet..The funds stay on the same address. No spending.

Hawkix

Activity: 531
Merit: 505

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2012, 10:40:24 AM

The watermark is supposed to be the spot where to fold the bill to hide the private key.
It has one of Satoshi's equations in there. The probability of an attacker to succeed in double spending the coins by releasing a longer chain, or something like that. It's in the whitepaper.

IMHO this one looks most PRO. I wd definitely change the equation to something more inherit .. like elliptic curve equations etc.

Did not get the idea how the private key wd be hidden.

Donations: 1Hawkix7GHym6SM98ii5vSHHShA3FUgpV6
http://btcportal.net/ - All about Bitcoin - coming soon!
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358

View Profile
July 17, 2012, 11:35:55 AM

IMHO this one looks most PRO. I wd definitely change the equation to something more inherit .. like elliptic curve equations etc.

Did not get the idea how the private key wd be hidden.

The equation is one of Satoshi's and it describes network security, so it can't get better than that IMO.

You hide the private key by folding the bill by the watermark line, covering the big B, leaving only the public key QR-code on sight so the balance can be verified.

Ofcourse I'm open to suggestions. I'm not a math wizard, so if anyone can suggest a better equation it will be appreciated.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2012, 12:14:21 PM

Wow, guys! This is coming along rather nicely. I really like the above image, but not at all fond of the plain looking orange/slanted-B in the the corners. I do feeling it needs an orange shade Bitcoin logo of sorts, but not this one.

~Bruno~
unclemantis

View Profile
July 17, 2012, 12:33:55 PM

Binary border with the middle logo.
Named it paper wallet for this time and put the QR code in the corner so you can fold it over for safety  Wink

The terminology for all these things are still being created but I refuse to call this a paper wallet even though a paper wallet may contain one or more key pairs.

I still think Voucher or Coupon should be used and no one has tried to work these names into a design.

Also keep in mind Bitcoin is NOT a CURRENCY.

Bitcoin OTC | GPG Public Key                                                                               thoughts?
Realpra

Activity: 815
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 17, 2012, 12:41:15 PM

By far my favorite.

Not only does it look great b/w and probably better in color (if there's a color version), but it also looks like it will use a smaller amount of ink.

Those are the two primary focuses of BTC cash.

Some notes:
1. Could you un-slant all the BTCs.
2. Try to make it use even less ink? (white bodys of fat lines, whiter shade of gray)

Cheap and sexy Bitcoin card/hardware wallet, buy here:
http://BlochsTech.com
unclemantis

View Profile
July 17, 2012, 12:42:25 PM

I have still only seen PLAIN TEXT private keys. Can someone work on an AES encrypted solution? One that is not in PLAIN SIGHT?

I am not a designer or I would take a stab at it.

GREAT WORK SO FAR PEOPLE!!!

pointbiz

Activity: 437
Merit: 415

1ninja

View Profile
July 17, 2012, 12:45:55 PM

So I tried to combine some of the feedback. The size is based on an euro bill this time. There is a lot of going on in this one. Something on the foreground might be a great idea but wanted to share this already.
On the left you got the load/verify qr code and the background is marked with the text: BITCOINCASHBITCOINACH...
Middle is all watermarked with lines and with the BTCitcoin cash 'logo'.
The amount portion is also marked with the BITCOINCASH and lines.
Right side has the other QR code and got some binary code combined with the BTCitcoin cash.
Can easily change the colors of the bill so made some variations.

If you got a idea to add something or delete. Plz share Smiley

These have a very nice background.

Coder of: https://www.bitaddress.org      Thread
Open Source JavaScript Client-Side Bitcoin Wallet Generator
Donations: 1NiNja1bUmhSoTXozBRBEtR8LeF9TGbZBN   PGP
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: