News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Your choice for Lyrabar mining with the new algo is
a CPU - 11 (34.4%)
a GPU - 11 (34.4%)
Both of above - 10 (31.3%)
Total Voters: 32

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Lyrabar - A rare bar with Lyra2REv2 algorithm, 0.9.1 is out! [CPU/GPU PoW]  (Read 67621 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Lyrabar (OP)

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

The precious bar

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2015, 06:29:57 PM

Is the explorer 4 days behind?

Seems it's a bit behind, though, I'm still going to put a official explorer soon in couple of weeks.

Visit ##lyrabar @ Freenode IRC !

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2015, 08:30:55 PM

Seems it's a bit behind, though, I'm still going to put a official explorer soon in couple of weeks.

You can use our basic explorer for the time being:

http://www.zpool.ca/explorer?id=865

Cheers

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
BARR_Official

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2015, 08:34:20 PM

You can use our basic explorer for the time being:

http://www.zpool.ca/explorer?id=865

Cheers

Thanks guys!  Maybe coinmarketcap will add LYB, I don't know what else they need.

Buying At Retail and Restaurants - BarrCryptocurrency.com
newstb

Activity: 180
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 08:55:37 PM

Yeah Coinmarketcap would be nice step..  Wink

I have made simple payment module for OsCommerce to accept Lyrabar as payment. Opencart module is also coming. Please pm me if somebody needs those!
Lyrabar (OP)

The precious bar

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2015, 11:28:19 PM
Last edit: November 14, 2015, 11:52:05 PM by Lyrabar

I've tried using --no-gbt but it doesn't make a difference. I will ask in the ccminer thread.

A solution found for NVIDIA ccminer GPU through-wallet solo mining
The solution was found by getting a community member to run tests on a dual NVIDIA 980 non-Ti rig.
I'm very happy to get someone else to run tests while I have no possibility at the moment, gladly sharing this great information for everyone! Smiley

A precompiled Windows binary of the ccminer at djm34's repository is confirmed working great on solo mining Lyrabar blocks with parameters --no-gbt and --no-stratum
This version does have working Getwork mining and toggling use of the stratum protocol works.

Our community member got a hashing speed total of 21MH/s on Lyra2REv2 with both 980 non-Ti cards, without having any kind of nvidia-smi clock tuning.

Working Windows binaries of djm34's ccminer, version which is proven to work with Getwork solo (and pooled) mining:
https://github.com/djm34/ccminer-lyra/releases/download/v0.5/ccminer-lyra-binaries.zip

After I get a NVIDIA rig built, I'll post benchmark results on both Lyra2RE algorithm versions. I have only SM2.1 cards from NVIDIA side, but those are not mounted at the moment on any rig. I bet hashing speeds of something over 1.0Mh/s per card roughly with stock clock speeds, this should apply with GTX460s and GTX560s. Will try first if these cards work with ccminer fork at tpruvot's ccminer repository because of the support for SM 2.x cards on the latest version 1.7 x86 build. There's mention the x64 version is for SM 3.5+ cards and the release 1.7 also includes Lyra2RE v1 and v2 improvements, happy to try out soon what kind of performance these elder cards give!
If someone wants to try out pooled or solo mining with tpruvot's ccminer, download latest from https://github.com/tpruvot/ccminer/releases and post a result how it works Smiley

All NVIDIA miners, please post results how getwork solo mining works with these two mentioned ccminer builds!

Lyrabar (OP)

The precious bar

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2015, 12:11:48 AM

Yeah Coinmarketcap would be nice step..  Wink

I have made simple payment module for OsCommerce to accept Lyrabar as payment. Opencart module is also coming. Please pm me if somebody needs those!

Interesting! Will follow, gladly going to help with any of these if any kind of help needed.

BARR_Official

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2015, 01:01:12 AM

Lyrabar has been voted as a Wild Card coin for exchange to BARR, from December 1 to December 30.

pallas
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 09:47:22 AM

Thanks but I can't test it because I run Linux.
Why not pushing the fix to git?
Tpruvot version doesn't work.

newstb

Activity: 180
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 02:32:34 PM

Solo mining is working with Nvidia with Windows 10, i have test it!

Miner :

https://github.com/djm34/ccminer-lyra/releases/download/v0.5/ccminer-lyra-binaries.zip

Example config for noobs like me:

ccminer.exe -a lyra2v2 -o http://localhost:4047 -u newstb.1 -p x --api-bind 0  --cpu-priority 2 --no-gbt --no-stratum
Lyrabar (OP)

The precious bar

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2015, 12:50:21 AM
Last edit: November 16, 2015, 01:04:23 AM by Lyrabar

I will gladly look forward to implement GBT.

Sad to hear tpruvot's build did not work, also will try it and other miners myself when possible.

While you (and others) are waiting for the Getblocktemplate implementation, if you're running GNU/Linux like you told, compile your own ccminer binaries and solo mine with djm34's version, there shouldn't be much difference in the Lyra2REv2 hashing speeds in compared to SP's latest (free version).
I assume the compilation is not about your skills if you have skills to tweak and create customized kernels Smiley Like I mentioned above, it's not possible yet for me to try NVIDIA mining, when I get a rig built, will compile and share amd64 binaries of the current djm's ccminer fork. Also feel free to share the precompiled binaries, if you manage to get those built.

Everyone remember sharing is caring, feel free to fetch some daily free Lyrabars at the official Lyrabar faucet Smiley

There's also rains usually on the channel, at least for active (talking) users!

Lyrabar (OP)

The precious bar

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2015, 01:38:02 AM

Solo mining is working with Nvidia with Windows 10, i have test it!

Miner :

Example config for noobs like me:

ccminer.exe -a lyra2v2 -o http://localhost:4047 -u newstb.1 -p x --api-bind 0  --cpu-priority 2 --no-gbt --no-stratum

Great!

My honest opinion is that if developers implement features in a software and have parameters used at initialization for enabling or disabling them, please make those work, otherwise disable those parameters and mention about it at readme or something similar Smiley
I'm not a expert with miner softwares and haven't compared those questioned parts of sources between forks, but have Getwork mining got broken or disabled in other ccminer forks than in djm34's, or is it technically impossible to have on later builds?

Just curious, would like to know if there's a answer out for this.

I'm not conservative person, it's just good to have support for old stuff while new things roll out - I bet Lyra2RE first version is still used on some coin like the Getwork.

pallas
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 09:03:31 AM

I will gladly look forward to implement GBT.

Sad to hear tpruvot's build did not work, also will try it and other miners myself when possible.

While you (and others) are waiting for the Getblocktemplate implementation, if you're running GNU/Linux like you told, compile your own ccminer binaries and solo mine with djm34's version, there shouldn't be much difference in the Lyra2REv2 hashing speeds in compared to SP's latest (free version).
I assume the compilation is not about your skills if you have skills to tweak and create customized kernels Smiley Like I mentioned above, it's not possible yet for me to try NVIDIA mining, when I get a rig built, will compile and share amd64 binaries of the current djm's ccminer fork. Also feel free to share the precompiled binaries, if you manage to get those built.

Everyone remember sharing is caring, feel free to fetch some daily free Lyrabars at the official Lyrabar faucet Smiley

There's also rains usually on the channel, at least for active (talking) users!

Sorry I thought the precompiled binary had some unpublished fix in it.
If it's just "plain djm34" fork, I already have it, will try later ;-)

Lyrabar (OP)

The precious bar

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2015, 11:33:59 AM

Sorry I thought the precompiled binary had some unpublished fix in it.
If it's just "plain djm34" fork, I already have it, will try later ;-)

Sorry, I maybe wrote the earlier post in a bit misleading presentation style, about the working ccminer, meant "plain djm34 fork". The latest one or a precompiled Windows binary from the repository release page. There's no Getwork fixes or anything similar by me!

Hope you manage to get it work!

Lyrabar (OP)

The precious bar

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2015, 04:20:06 PM

Hi again everyone,

The official Lyrabar blockchain explorer is up! Includes rich list and the current market price.
I'm doing couple of fixes at the moment, everything should work normally soon. If you face issues with the official blockchain explorer, feel free to drop a message.

Official Lyrabar Blockchain Explorer

zoneout

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 04:27:58 PM

Thanks for the update! I voted CPU, I hate ASICS  Angry
Lyrabar (OP)

The precious bar

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2015, 05:07:22 PM
Last edit: November 21, 2015, 02:55:14 AM by Lyrabar

Thanks for the update! I voted CPU, I hate ASICS  Angry

It's not fair and a bit hopeless mining a coin with CPU or GPU if the coin is ASIC capable, especially if there is lots of those machines as part of the total network hashing power.

I chose Lyra2RE at beginning to have fair mining for both CPUs and GPUs.
Upgraded to version 2 because I don't like big CPU botnets connected to the pools. With algorithm version 2, all GPUs now have almost five (5) times the power than before. CPU speeds now remains at about same hashrates like with old version of the algorithm.

If getting a new GPU, 750Ti is a good and affordable card for Lyra2REv2, can recommend.

Seems official mining pool have the frontend in a bit jammed state, upgrading the machine soon to handle all the load.
All submitted shares are stored and automatic payments are working normally during site unresponsiveness, no panic Smiley

BARR_Official

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2015, 05:56:26 PM

We will be redeeming burned LYB at the rate of .5 BARR per LYB (2 LYB per BARR) with a target price on market of 6000 satoshis per LYB.

The exchange begins at 00:00 UTC December 1st, and ends at 23:59 UTC (6:59PM in New York) on December 30th.

The burn address for LYB is LKDxGDJq5fF4FohAB8zJH24mDDNHDNtqsE (which returns a string of zeroes when hashed).

Before sending LYB to the burn address, message BARR_Official at bitcointalk with the amount you're planning to burn.  After you send your coins to the burn address, message us again with the transaction I.D. and your NXT wallet address (not a NXT address from an exchange).  If your NXT address has never received a transaction before, also include the Public Key.

Lyrabar (OP)

The precious bar

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2015, 10:47:24 PM

I have inlcuded the LYB burn address LKDxGDJq5fF4FohAB8zJH24mDDNHDNtqsE in the new blockchain explorer to see how much coins people have sent coins for burning.

Sad to burn quite rare coin like this. Still, by burning Lyrabar it gets only more rare.

I started working on LyrabarJ (BitcoinJ fork). This allows our community to have the Android wallet in the future.
Will be pushed in GitHub when ready.

crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2015, 12:59:07 AM

Does anyone have a good list of peers? Can only connect to a few and seem to get a lot orphans...

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
Lyrabar (OP)

The precious bar

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2015, 12:03:43 PM

Does anyone have a good list of peers? Can only connect to a few and seem to get a lot orphans...

Official nodes with latest 0.9.1 wallet is in the first post, same as mentioned here.

Code:
addnode=95.215.46.10
addnode=95.215.46.87
addnode=95.215.47.18

If you're using node-stratum, make sure you have right multiplier 8 instead of 7 in the algoproperties.js
It's also mandatory to have right multiplier in python stratum. I don't know what makes lots of orphans if it's not about the multiplier.

Found out there's wrong multiplier in both when set up a VTC pool to try out v2 algorithm before algorithm change.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: