Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 10:38:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 [123] 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 ... 286 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [AMBER] X13 POW/POS| 10k AMBER=0,01% SHARES | BUY, HOLD & GET DIVIDENDS in BTC/$  (Read 407529 times)
OVRGRO

Activity: 478
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 07:32:56 PM

"I sold my Amber and made close to 4x my investment with the Q2 dividend."

I find this very hard to believe... not impossible, just highly unlikely.

Why? During Q1 AMBER could be bought at 2-3k, then sold at 12-15k

Those prices were from early q2 like April 10-20 range, right before q1 payment... Now if this guy bought coins for cheap then, we could find the registered wallet around that date timeframe that has sold off since q3 dividends were delayed. I can't find a registered shareholder that fits this profile. I could be wrong, but I'm fairly certain he didn't get 4k or under coins.

And to a bigger point... Who makes 4x profit and proceeds to behave like a sandy vag.
devega

Activity: 701
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 07:37:01 PM

And to a bigger point... Who makes 4x profit and proceeds to behave like a sandy vag.

Yeah, thats a good point.
devega

Activity: 701

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 09:19:29 PM

@Fitzy, Nice investigation Smiley The power of blockchain Smiley
Jeef Berky

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 10:04:53 PM

To me, the following post is the most convincing one:

Let's take a look at the evidence and decide what the realistic chances are that Ambercoin is a scam:

To me one of the strongest pieces of evidence showing that Amber Trade is a real company is that they actually rented a booth at the XIII International Baltic Jewelry Show:

http://ambertrip.com/en/list-of-exhibitors

At that event, several people took pictures showing their real faces:

On top of real people showing their real faces, we also know the following:

The companies director is:
Ms. Olga OVERCHUK, Date of Birth: 23/05/1986, UKRAINIAN
Registered address is: 1 WORLD TRADE CENTRE, TOWER 42, 25 OLD BROAD STREET, LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM EC2N 1HQ

And of course, all of this can be verified by visiting the London office.

You will notice, at the XIII International Jewelry Show there were many "props" (for lack of a better word) such as the large banner in the foreground as well as the other white banner in the background:

And there were numerous brochures that clearly feature the Amber Trade logo on the table (also notice the yellow/green brochures in the pic above in the bottom left corner of the table that clearly have the Amber Trade logo) and even the small white flag:

Now of course, a scam MIGHT go to all this trouble, but a. why would real people be willing to show their faces and why would they go to the trouble to put tiny details in such as the banners, numerous different kinds of brochures, flags, name tags, etc. and then not even mention any of those things on here? In fact, they are barely noticeable and if I didn't point it out no one would have even noticed. So why go to such trouble to make fake brochures and then not even point them out to us crypto-investors if indeed they were intent on scamming us?

If this is a scam, they also paid to have orange vests and bags made and again they didn't mention it on here and no one would have even noticed if I were not pointing it out right now:

They also paid good money to have their van painted with Amber-Trade Logo, and again, it only shows up in one picture that no one would have noticed unless I pointed it out here (couldn't get this image to post so click the link):

http://amber-trade.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/DSCF4650_1.jpg

We know that they have a real office in London because you can Google the building and see that sure enough they do have an office:

http://www.datalog.co.uk/browse/detail.php/CompanyNumber/09246220/CompanyName/AMBER+TRADE+LTD

Now you might say, sure if this is a scam they could rent an office in London (albeit a VERY expensive one no doubt...here is the building they are in: http://www.tower42.com/) but why in the world would they then go and open an office in Lithuania as well? Isn't that going a bit overboard if this is a scam?

For anyone wondering if the Lithuanian office is real:

http://amber-trade.com/news-en/new2/

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=944408.msg10693219#msg10693219

And of course anyone in London or Lithuania can simply go visit either of those offices and report back here what they found. What scammers would be willing to open themselves up to such potential scrutiny?

So the point is, yes this might be a scam but it is highly HIGHLY doubtful.

The one thing that convinces me more than anything else is the brochures that clearly have the Amber-Trade logo. The reason that convinces me is because if they went to all the trouble to create those brochures, why didn't they show close-up pictures or link to them on their website? No scam is going to go to the trouble to make several different kinds of brochures and banners and then not mention them in any way to potential investors.

Plus those are REAL people in a REAL booth at a REAL jewelry show.

No way this is a scam.

(and again for the record, the reason I am still posting is because I am owed $1,700 in dividends so you're damn right I want this to be legit!! Tongue)
MbccompanyX

Activity: 182

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 10:10:05 PM

Let's take a look at the evidence and decide what the realistic chances are that Ambercoin is a scam:

To me one of the strongest pieces of evidence showing that Amber Trade is a real company is that they actually rented a booth at the XIII International Baltic Jewelry Show:

Registered address is: 1 WORLD TRADE CENTRE, TOWER 42, 25 OLD BROAD STREET, LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM EC2N 1HQ

You will notice, at the XIII International Jewelry Show there were many "props" (for lack of a better word) such as the large banner in the foreground as well as the other white banner in the background:

And there were numerous brochures that clearly feature the Amber Trade logo on the table (also notice the yellow/green brochures in the pic above in the bottom left corner of the table that clearly have the Amber Trade logo) and even the small white flag:

Now of course, a scam MIGHT go to all this trouble, but a. why would real people be willing to show their faces and why would they go to the trouble to put tiny details in such as the banners, numerous different kinds of brochures, flags, name tags, etc. and then not even mention any of those things on here? In fact, they are barely noticeable and if I didn't point it out no one would have even noticed. So why go to such trouble to make fake brochures and then not even point them out to us crypto-investors if indeed they were intent on scamming us?

If this is a scam, they also paid to have orange vests and bags made and again they didn't mention it on here and no one would have even noticed if I were not pointing it out right now:

They also paid good money to have their van painted with Amber-Trade Logo, and again, it only shows up in one picture that no one would have noticed unless I pointed it out here (couldn't get this image to post so click the link):

We know that they have a real office in London because you can Google the building and see that sure enough they do have an office:

http://www.datalog.co.uk/browse/detail.php/CompanyNumber/09246220/CompanyName/AMBER+TRADE+LTD

Now you might say, sure if this is a scam they could rent an office in London (albeit a VERY expensive one no doubt...here is the building they are in: http://www.tower42.com/) but why in the world would they then go and open an office in Lithuania as well? Isn't that going a bit overboard if this is a scam?

And of course anyone in London or Lithuania can simply go visit either of those offices and report back here what they found. What scammers would be willing to open themselves up to such potential scrutiny?

The one thing that convinces me more than anything else is the brochures that clearly have the Amber-Trade logo. The reason that convinces me is because if they went to all the trouble to create those brochures, why didn't they show close-up pictures or link to them on their website? No scam is going to go to the trouble to make several different kinds of brochures and banners and then not mention them in any way to potential investors.

No way this is a scam.

(and again for the record, the reason I am still posting is because I am owed $1,700 in dividends so you're damn right I want this to be legit!! Tongue)

Yeah, i think everybody understood that ambercoin isn't a scam (and is even on the top 100 on coinmarkercap so is even stronger). Anyway somebody knows what happened to the random guy that some days ago reported it as scam and created that hoc account? Seems that he disappeared like he appeared.....

OVRGRO

Activity: 478
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 10:29:57 PM

"I sold my Amber and made close to 4x my investment with the Q2 dividend."

I find this very hard to believe... not impossible, just highly unlikely.

Why? During Q1 AMBER could be bought at 2-3k, then sold at 12-15k

Those prices were from early q2 like April 10-20 range, right before q1 payment... Now if this guy bought coins for cheap then, we could find the registered wallet around that date timeframe that has sold off since q3 dividends were delayed. I can't find a registered shareholder that fits this profile. I could be wrong, but I'm fairly certain he didn't get 4k or under coins.

This is his wallet.  This link will take you to the last page, where his deposits started.

https://www.blockexperts.com/amber/address/APBHafBLV3rW7WMxezq6Sq2QdqVg21HFAJ&p=40

Started depositing to this account on April 11th and became a shareholder (#68) on May 2.  He had 13,537 at the end of Q3.

He was the only shareholder that had 13k+ amber that dumped.

My 13,700 AMBER significantly state how I'd LOVE to be wrong here, but, I doubt that I am.
...<blah blah blah, rant rant rant>  <snip>...
PS - I just sold all my AMBER, if it starts to climb, I may buy back in - who knows.

8,000 amber was put on C-Cex, and I believe the other 5700+ went on Cyrptsy.

I had a few buy orders sitting on C-Cex at the time, and his 8000 amber crashed through four of them.  The buys I got ranged from 9020 down to 7615 Satoshi.

Nice work. I stopped looking outside of April... My spreadsheet price data only goes back to 4-16, it closed at .00001910 lol and it was .00004576 on the day he registered. 4x is actually plausible.
Kuriko

Activity: 574

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 11:06:10 PM

No way this is a scam.

Yeah, i think everybody understood that ambercoin isn't a scam (and is even on the top 100 on coinmarkercap so is even stronger). Anyway somebody knows what happened to the random guy that some days ago reported it as scam and created that hoc account? Seems that he disappeared like he appeared.....

these kind of details are forgotten pretty fast! amber is the real deal
HarryKPeters

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 12:59:00 AM

The best thing is, many of us got to get in cheap, very cheap.

davembg

Activity: 340
Merit: 251

Smell the glove.

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 04:01:42 AM

Yup, lots of coins for sale - none of them bought from AmberDev so the there is no real value built for investors.
I still haven't heard from AmberDev regarding how dividend payments (BUY, HOLD & GET DIVIDENDS IN BTC/$) are being paid.
If AmberDev is planning on paying dividends from the sale of the premine, Amber Trades' profitability will not likely have
the impact on Amber Coin we all hope it will. We've actually seen proof of this with delayed dividends for Q3.

What I would like a post from AmberDev stating that he's not paying dividends from the sale of the premined coins.
Perhaps trans ids for BTC deposit for first (2) dividend payments?
Then, I will likely verify this with the blockchain like any good investor would/should do.
I'll bet if he did that, I would have to eat a big bag of dicks and say how wrong I am - WHICH I WOULD DO.
Well, not the dicks part Shocked
Then, the price would likely bounce back up and I would re-invest.

Regarding my 4x claim -
I had been mining AMBER for over a year, and most of my coins were extracted when the block reward was higher.
Before Feb-March of 2015, I turned my coins over for BTC until I saw the first dividend payment in Q1 - I was hopeful.
I also had an NOMP-based mining pool (AMBER, Diamond and some other X11/X13 coins) that I had to drop due to constant DDoS issues.
Additionally, I used the NiceHash orders API and produced quite a few coins monitoring the price and difficulty.
With the block reward reduced, it's no longer profitable to mine most of the time.

The address provided was a wallet address where I gathered all my coins for staking, I don't think I bought too many coins on exchanges.
Here is what I think happened (mostly):
https://www.blockexperts.com/amber/address/APVZ2S6npWPf1QhJEBDZ7KTCQAH7xZaN9o
Over 11,000 coins mined. I took into account the cost of power and hardware too, so that's how I arrived at my figure.
PoS was a significant boost for me, getting me to 13,700.
So, I'm not just some lurker - I've invested time and $$$ in this coin and I'm still hoping it all works-out.

The most important questions should be:
What will you do with your coins if no dividends are paid for Q3 or Q4?
Will you race to the door like I did?
Or, will you double-down and hope the value increases so you can take profits?

I have to admit, I do care what the Amber community thinks of me.
If you read my posts, no name-calling, no unfounded accusations - just tough questions.
Nobody likes tough questions, I get that.
I'm actually in a very good mood, "most" of the time Smiley

If you insist on making me a pariah instead of just some guy asking questions and sharing his experiences, then so be it.
I can live with that.
Slydrule

Activity: 185

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 04:33:41 AM

Yup, lots of coins for sale - none of them bought from AmberDev so the there is no real value built for investors.
I still haven't heard from AmberDev regarding how dividend payments (BUY, HOLD & GET DIVIDENDS IN BTC/$) are being paid.
If AmberDev is planning on paying dividends from the sale of the premine, Amber Trades' profitability will not likely have
the impact on Amber Coin we all hope it will. We've actually seen proof of this with delayed dividends for Q3.

What I would like a post from AmberDev stating that he's not paying dividends from the sale of the premined coins.
Then, I will likely verify this with the blockchain like any good investor would/should do.
I'll bet if he did that, I would have to eat a big bag of dicks and say how wrong I am - WHICH I WOULD DO.

Regarding my 4x claim -
I had been mining AMBER for over a year, and most of my coins were extracted when the block reward was higher.
Before Feb-March of 2015, I turned my coins over for BTC until I saw the first dividend payment in Q1 - I was hopeful.
I also had an NOMP-based mining pool (AMBER, Diamond and some other X11/X13 coins) that I had to drop due to constant DDoS issues.
Additionally, I used the NiceHash orders API and produced quite a few coins monitoring the price and difficulty.
With the block reward reduced, it's no longer profitable to mine most of the time.

The address provided was a wallet address where I gathered all my coins for staking, I don't think I bought too many coins on exchanges.
Here is what I think happened (mostly):
https://www.blockexperts.com/amber/address/APVZ2S6npWPf1QhJEBDZ7KTCQAH7xZaN9o
Over 11,000 coins mined. I took into account the cost of power and hardware too, so that's how I arrived at my figure.
PoS was a significant boost for me, getting me to 13,700.
So, I'm not just some lurker - I've invested time and $$$ in this coin and I'm still hoping it all works-out.

The most important questions should be:
What will you do with your coins if no dividends are paid for Q3 or Q4?
Will you race to the door like I did?
Or, will you double-down and hope the value increases so you can take profits?

I have to admit, I do care what the Amber community thinks of me.
If you read my posts, no name-calling, no unfounded accusations - just tough questions.
Nobody likes tough questions, I get that.
I'm actually in a very good mood, "most" of the time Smiley

If you insist on making me a pariah instead of just some guy asking questions and sharing his experiences, then so be it.
I can live with that.

I, for one, do not mind your posts.  I think your questions are very legitimate and deserve a response.  I have some very similar concerns although I have not sold off my coins.  Like you I spent many months mining AMBER when the block reward was worth it.  I held and reaped the POS rewards while the value went up. To tell you the truth, the coin value was more attractive to me than the payment of dividends.  But, not paying dividends when promised is a BIG DEAL to any investor, or it should be.  Whether Amber Trade is a legitimate company is irrelevant.  Its the AMBER coin that should concern everyone and dividends are the backbone of the coin.
davembg

Smell the glove.

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 05:58:32 AM

Its the AMBER coin that should concern everyone and dividends are the backbone of the coin.

I agree. Without dividends the 90% premine may crush this coin - as it would many.
I know of no other coin that's so heavy on the front-end.

Another point is that it's going to be really difficult to have this coin represent shares in Amber Trade,
when shares of the company have stopped selling, and mining/PoS fades.

Sales of round 6 are the key, I think that's the bell weather here.
Mig-23
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 06:37:13 AM

Its the AMBER coin that should concern everyone and dividends are the backbone of the coin.

I agree. Without dividends the 90% premine may crush this coin - as it would many.
I know of no other coin that's so heavy on the front-end.

Another point is that it's going to be really difficult to have this coin represent shares in Amber Trade,
when shares of the company have stopped selling, and mining/PoS fades.

Sales of round 6 are the key, I think that's the bell weather here.

@davembg

all informations was clear

you just need to wait for proof

we are all here be patient,i hope you so..

its better than debate bullshit

Kuriko

Activity: 574

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 06:57:52 AM

Lol so far i think its justs pure trolling. Feeling bad he dumped at lower price and doesnt suppprt to see amber rise.

A team that already went public with proofs of actual ambers is the real deal.
richwang

Activity: 605

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 07:52:57 AM

will the Q3 and Q4 dividends be paied together?

exemplaar

Activity: 978
Merit: 506

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 08:46:29 AM

That would be good if you ask me

Meanwhile the price is on the move.  Wink

Jeef Berky

Activity: 164

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 12:15:36 PM
Last edit: November 07, 2015, 01:00:54 PM by Jeef Berky

I agree that your questions and concerns are legitimate. If Amber-Trade is a real company (and I believe it is), then there is no such thing as a question that is "too tough."

However, I disagree that it must be proven that Q 2 dividends were purchased with funds that were not raised by the sale of shares.

For one thing, the shares were bought with btc so it would sure be a lot easier for the company to have taken the btc raised and put that aside for paying shareholders while using capital raised by the company for other things.

Imagine if you were the company and you had 2 accounts, one with $60,000 in btc and another with say $100,000 in Euros. Now you have to pay your shareholders $30,000 in btc. Would you try to buy $30,000 worth of btc with the Euros or would you pay them out of the $60,000 in btc that you already have in your btc wallet?

Point is, if it is proven that shareholders were paid with btc from the sale of Ambercoins, I don't really think that proves anything one way or another.

davembg

Smell the glove.

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 07:39:00 PM

I agree that your questions and concerns are legitimate. If Amber-Trade is a real company (and I believe it is), then there is no such thing as a question that is "too tough."

However, I disagree that it must be proven that Q 2 dividends were purchased with funds that were not raised by the sale of shares.

For one thing, the shares were bought with btc so it would sure be a lot easier for the company to have taken the btc raised and put that aside for paying shareholders while using capital raised by the company for other things.

Imagine if you were the company and you had 2 accounts, one with $60,000 in btc and another with say $100,000 in Euros. Now you have to pay your shareholders $30,000 in btc. Would you try to buy $30,000 worth of btc with the Euros or would you pay them out of the $60,000 in btc that you already have in your btc wallet?

Point is, if it is proven that shareholders were paid with btc from the sale of Ambercoins, I don't really think that proves anything one way or another.

If it's a business, in London, seems like they's have to account for payments of the size of Q2 dividends, for tax purposes.
If it just came out of coin sales, it's "off the books", and wouldn't you agree isn't really tied to Amber Trade's profitability?
The memo basically says that's dividends are being invested in futures, so, that would indicate there's clear relationship here.
It's not unreasonable to ask about the details, just like others have and are posting images of the office, etc.

Yeah, any more bumps on this topic really are trolling - it's just that it's the kind of trolling that people don't like.
If I was jumping up and down like a cheerleader re-posting old office photos, that's good trolling, right?

Still waiting on AmberDev's reply, it's been 2 weeks and he hasn't directly answered my question.
AmberCoinDev (OP)

Activity: 630

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 09:53:47 PM
Last edit: November 08, 2015, 06:20:05 AM by AmberCoinDev

Still waiting on AmberDev's reply, it's been 2 weeks and he hasn't directly answered my question.

Amber Trade usually doesn't hold BTC more than a day.

Every time we make a dividends payout, funds from COMPANY's PROFIT in $ are  deposited to one of the exchanges.
Then BTC are bought.
And after that Dividends in BTC are paid to shareholders.

Bitcoin blockchain in this case is useless because payouts are made from the exchange.
Q1 and Q2 dividends were paid in this way.
Q3 will not differ.

AmberCoinDev (OP)

Activity: 630

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 09:55:15 PM

No.
Q3 is going to be paid earlier.

Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 10:59:26 PM

All these dividend payout news makes me want to invest more on Ambercoin. I'm growing my stack of Ambercoins daily for a hope to reach out 10k AMBER and become a shareholder. This is very exciting.  Grin

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Pages: « 1 ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 [123] 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 ... 286 »
  Print  

Jump to: