Bitcoin Forum
June 09, 2024, 01:57:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 [138] 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] NeuCoin - Easy to use, free to try, focused on micropayments - Official  (Read 196151 times)
rizzlarolla

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 08:24:42 PM
Last edit: May 04, 2016, 08:34:53 PM by rizzlarolla

This was the one big crowd sale that I lost money on.

Shame that.
Did Sandrine sell it to you?

New all-time-low today... below 300 sat.

Looks abandoned.

The cognative dissonance of James is amazing:

http://forum.neucoin.org/t/neucoin-volume-is-6-600-or-15-btc-in-the-last-24-hours/2623

A 15 BTC dump is "positive".

James has always been comedy gold.

Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy

James mod, analysing a 15 btc dump* to new lows, (average days trade under 1 btc)
"The volume is a positive sign. What do you think?"

Priceless.

* (ex)team or angel drawing their pension.

Gekko463

Activity: 545
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 03:55:17 PM

Deathwatch.

225 low in last 24 hours.

Bets on when it falls to two digits?  I think 6 days.
kahir
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 04:01:52 PM

Deathwatch.

225 low in last 24 hours.

Bets on when it falls to two digits?  I think 6 days.

Ophelie visiting her Dart and James and Bitchin Camaro and Baby Mod's money in the Seychelles sends greetings:

https://mobile.twitter.com/kiwicerisemiaw/status/669903441611718656

No, wait.  It's hers and Spyware Pig and Magicking and Sandrine's money now.  That's how she paid for her next trip to Japan, Sandrine's country estate in England...

Here we go again:

http://bitcoinist.net/neucoin-destroy-coins-projects/

PS: Sandrine left Neucoin quite some time ago.

Here we go again:

https://blockchain.info/address/3MrNuksZ1VePU3dGiSQFiouWerJUJgDkfH

Poof!  All the bitcoins save 10 are gone!

Sandrine left and bought a huge house in England that she rents on airBNB!

And Ophelie is on a whirlwind tour of Asia while the plebs on the official forum (all 6 of them) are begging for new info!

CTO on holiday with ill-gotten gains, closing down the Seychelles entity that is no longer needed because all the bitcoins, save 10, have been run through the mixer and passed to the founders' personal offshore accounts!

You got Kaufmaned, Trailer Cash!  And Ophied!

The scam was the bitcoins!  The Neucoins get more worthless every day!  Did you see the hit today from the Vernon Dump?

Stop trying to make it seem the NoKoins have value.  They don't matter to Dan.

The scam was the MrNukes account.  Now they're laughing and poor sods like you are defending them.  Big Dummy.
mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 04:09:45 PM

What a fucking disaster this scam is..
magaura
Legendary

Activity: 1029

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 08:53:58 AM

I don't believe in this shit.. I just see cheap coinz.. Cheesy ..

Gekko463

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 01:06:23 PM

I don't believe in this shit.. I just see cheap coinz.. Cheesy ..

Gettin' cheaper every day!  Buy 'em before they hit 1 Satochi brain surgeon!
Magicking

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 02:55:02 PM

Can't speak for scam, but me, I don't think so.
It's not worth that much to me.
(mind you, you sure are grumpy, even to neucoiners  Angry)

I think you have probably been a bit mercenary.

You were drafted in later on? *
When the others left?
You were paid well?
Or offered a commission?
You must have seen what a bad set up it was?
Before you joined?
Are you still holding neucoin?
How much did it cost you?
Was neucoin a good career move for you?

Yeah, like I want to satisfy your curiosity after all the personal attacks and everything.
Except for Dominick Veltre (Gekko363), I don't know you, why should I disclose my personal infos ?
Gekko463

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 12:33:43 AM

Nice try Sylvain Kauphy Roger Laurent.

But my name is Gary.

What did you spend your stolen bitcoins on?  Or did DanK fuck you too, and that's why you quit?

tempus
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 01:01:31 AM

Can't speak for scam, but me, I don't think so.
It's not worth that much to me.
(mind you, you sure are grumpy, even to neucoiners  Angry)

I think you have probably been a bit mercenary.

You were drafted in later on? *
When the others left?
You were paid well?
Or offered a commission?
You must have seen what a bad set up it was?
Before you joined?
Are you still holding neucoin?
How much did it cost you?
Was neucoin a good career move for you?

Yeah, like I want to satisfy your curiosity after all the personal attacks and everything.
Except for Dominick Veltre (Gekko363), I don't know you, why should I disclose my personal infos ?

What I think is surprising - or not really surprising: Nobody seems to know who is left, who is working on the project.

Do you know? How many and who and what they do? Who is leading this? Dan Kaufman? Did he ever show up anywhere to talk to his community? 

In the official forum they talk about "enemies", as if the price would be a result of attacks on it. Nobody seems to be interested in asking the tough questions, about responsibilities of the team and what they do and not do and what they did and not did.

What was your reason to leave btw?
kahir
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 09:57:10 AM

I've been involved in Bitcoin since early 2010...back when you could still mine with video cards. In the interest of full transparency I put about 10 BTC into the Neucoin presale. It might be gone now, but I was aware of the risk going in.
Honestly I don't think Neucoin is a scam. They went to a lot of trouble to be appear very professional, and in the whole grand scheme of things didn't take in that much money to justify everything it appears they did. The "scam", if there is one, could come as a pump and dump. But a lot of things are pumped, especially in crypto, and I'm not against riding a pump and dump for some quick profits. I've done that with a few other coins and generally have sold profitably, but much earlier than I should have.
e.g., Gawminers was obviously a scam from the beginning, and by the time Paycoin came along I really couldn't understand why people were still engaged. I bought some equipment early on from Gawminers. I received it, but was very skeptical about how they ran their business and pretty quickly stopped buying from them. I actually got a several thousand dollar miner for free from them at one point.
scam confirmed

Activity: 630

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2016, 02:28:28 PM

I've been involved in Bitcoin since early 2010...back when you could still mine with video cards. In the interest of full transparency I put about 10 BTC into the Neucoin presale. It might be gone now, but I was aware of the risk going in.
Honestly I don't think Neucoin is a scam. They went to a lot of trouble to be appear very professional, and in the whole grand scheme of things didn't take in that much money to justify everything it appears they did. The "scam", if there is one, could come as a pump and dump. But a lot of things are pumped, especially in crypto, and I'm not against riding a pump and dump for some quick profits. I've done that with a few other coins and generally have sold profitably, but much earlier than I should have.
e.g., Gawminers was obviously a scam from the beginning, and by the time Paycoin came along I really couldn't understand why people were still engaged. I bought some equipment early on from Gawminers. I received it, but was very skeptical about how they ran their business and pretty quickly stopped buying from them. I actually got a several thousand dollar miner for free from them at one point.

mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 09:55:14 AM

Actually, back in 2010 you could still mine with your laptop..  and GPU mining was still profitable back in 2013..
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 01:47:55 PM

i havent logged into bitcointalk in months...found better things to do with my time
but just checking in...cant believe this thread is alive still lol... not surprised
neucoin is dwindling away to nothing...supporters are still hoping.  hilarious!

tempus
Legendary

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 01:49:21 PM

i havent logged into bitcointalk in months...found better things to do with my time
but just checking in...cant believe this thread is alive still lol... not surprised
neucoin is dwindling away to nothing...supporters are still hoping.  hilarious!

It's like the thread about Paycoin - still alive while Paycoin itself is dead. ;-)
rizzlarolla

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 06:05:20 PM

but just checking in..

Glad to hear your good Jonald.

This forum, bct, has gone to shite.
All that time I complained about neucoin forum, now this one is almost identical.
Shite.

This thread is on life support.
We all know neucoin is neucoin.
So bad.

LiQio
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 12:35:03 PM

Apologies for interrupting the silence.

@Daniel Kaufman and Scammy the Squirrel (or anybody else left in the Neucon team)
I'm looking for the first and second quarter distribution reports. Could you upload them?
They were promised on a quarterly basis, weren't they?

Back to you tumbleweed...

tempus
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 05:47:21 PM

Flash Crash...

GoldCoders.com

Activity: 28

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 06:01:25 PM

Join us on http://forum.neucoin.org/ to ask your questions and join the community!

NeuCoin, “Freemium” Digital Currency Focused on Micropayments, Launches with $2.25M of Funding

The NeuCoin white paper is ready for review!

The NeuCoin Project released its technical white paper: “NeuCoin: the First Secure, Cost-efficient and Decentralized Cryptocurrency”. It is available as a PDF version on this link: neucoin.org/en/whitepaper

We hope that this white paper will spark the first honest and fact-based debate on the pros and cons of the two main consensus mechanisms used in peer-to-peer cryptocurrencies: proof-of-work and proof-of-stake. Bounties will be awarded for constructive feedback, see here for details.

NeuCoin's Strategic Plan

The NeuCoin Project (www.neucoin.org) today announced its new digital currency that aims to achieve mainstream adoption by being free to try, easy to use, and by enabling micropayments that are not viable with traditional currencies. NeuCoin’s founding team, which started the NeuCoin Project in March 2014, previously built several successful Internet companies in the music, gaming and shopping sectors, with hundreds of millions of users in total.

NeuCoin also announced that it has closed $2.25 million of initial funding. Strategic angels include the co-founder of King (Candy Crush Saga), head of growth at Facebook, SVP of business at Uber, President of Hotwire, and dozens of other tech and media founders and executives. Strategic advisors include Alex Norstrom, VP of growth for Spotify; Jackson Palmer, creator of Dogecoin; and Brock Pierce, serial entrepreneur and Bitcoin Foundation board member.

Using an innovative proof-of-stake (PoS) design and economic model, NeuCoin is the first digital currency that will be strategically distributed to all participants who help increase its utility, growth and value:
  • Some given for free to get consumers started with zero friction - and more awarded for recruiting new users
  • Some given to companies that make NeuCoin more useful, such as content providers that accept micropayments in NeuCoin, exchanges, and processors
  • Some sold to investors, with proceeds used to fund user acquisition and utility development

Focused on developing tangible consumer utility over traditional currencies, NeuCoin will roll out pilot micropayment platforms with major premium content partners in the music, video and gaming sectors, including MondoMedia, YouTube’s number one animation channel and Jango, a streaming music service with over 8 million monthly listeners.

NeuCoin is supported by three separate non-profit foundations based in the Isle of Man, focusing on code, user growth and utility development. The foundations are controlled by coin holders and share the same mission—to increase the value of NeuCoin.

The NeuCoin currency, along with an easy-to-use online wallet, a gamified consumer onboarding website and seamless consumer mining services, are all expected to launch in the spring of 2015. Prior to launch, NeuCoin will conduct a presale of NeuCoins to the crypto community, with all proceeds distributed among NeuCoin’s foundations.

Starting February 3, NeuCoin is also offering bounties to the crypto-community for feedback, 1,000 NeuCoin for the first 10,000 participants – see details at www.neucoin.org.

NeuCoin’s view of the digital currency landscape

Digital currencies offer significant potential benefits over traditional currencies, including: lower transaction fees, simpler and faster international transactions, and the ability to make small digital payments of $.01 to $1.00 (“microtransactions”), thus enabling new digital business models and behaviors not feasible with legacy payment methods.

The leading digital currency, Bitcoin (market cap of all coins $3 billion), has mostly attracted computer experts, speculators and niche users who want to keep their transactions out of sight. But it hasn’t been popular with regular consumers, because they don’t find it easy enough, and it doesn’t yet deliver any benefits that they care about. Moreover, Bitcoin’s proof-of-work (“PoW”) mining design, in which all Bitcoins ever created are awarded to miners, has several drawbacks, including inherently high costs for electricity and hardware, increasing consolidation and centralization, conflicts of interest between miners and Bitcoin holders, and increasing transaction fees in order to maintain security long term. While Bitcoin does enjoy sizable network effects and momentum, it has left the door open for competitors.

Source: Coinmarketcap.com, blockchain.info, coingecko.
Note: market caps are based on the total supple of coins that currently exist (100B in cases of both Ripple and Stellar), including the coins held by Ripple Labs Inc. and the Stellar Foundation.

The two most valuable “altcoins” Ripple ($1.5 billion market cap) and Stellar ($500 million, just six months after launch) eschewed expensive PoW mining. Opting for a different technology using consensus algorithms based on trusted nodes, these altcoins can keep transaction fees low in the long run and – crucially – distribute coins to participants other than miners. This is a huge competitive advantage over Bitcoin.  

Ripple’s founders and early investors opted to keep some of the currency for their own profit and to sell some of it to investors, using the proceeds to develop a platform for international transfers and payments – one of those use cases where digital currencies have the potential to offer more utility than fiat currencies. While Ripple never disclosed how much of the currency would be kept as profit and how much would be sold and used for all coin holders’ benefit, investors still bought the currency because they could see real utility (and hence potential for future demand) being created.

The not-for-profit Stellar is taking the opposite approach. Prior to launch it sold 2% of the entire currency supply for $3 million, kept 3% to cover future expenses, and pledged to give away the remaining 95% to users and charity. This strategy could lead to a large user base if users hold onto their free Stellar instead of simply selling them, but doesn’t answer how utility will be developed. And since consumer demand is ultimately driven by utility, real adoption may never come.

In summary, Bitcoin has network effects and a growing ecosystem, Ripple is developing real utility for international transfers and Stellar has the potential to attract a large number of users.  However, none of them, let alone the hundreds of other altcoins out there, are (a) easy, (b) free to try out, and (c) useful for mainstream consumers. As a result, consumer adoption of digital currency is still flat. NeuCoin believes its “freemium” distribution, ease-of-use and micropayment platforms will enable it to achieve adoption on scale of other popular consumer-facing services.

NeuCoin’s strategy

• NeuCoin is the first digital currency that is easy and free to get started, and useful from day one for regular consumers. NeuCoin will launch with a number of fun, consumer-friendly services making it easy for mainstream consumers to discover, earn and start using NeuCoin.
  • Onboarding websites such as GetNeuCoin a game-like tutorial designed to convert mainstream users in a fun and educational way

• An online wallet – MyNeuCoin - that is as user-friendly as any leading Bitcoin wallet (Circle, Coinbase) with lots of ways to earn and use NeuCoins
  • A consumer-friendly mining service that lets users earn PoS awards through “growth accounts” without any tech skills whatsoever
  • Auctions for gift cards for NeuCoin - giving users a useful way to shop at brand name merchants like Amazon, iTunes, Google Play and Zynga from day one.

Shortly after launch, NeuCoin will roll out freemium micropayment platforms for tipping and paid content through pilot partnerships with RadioAirplay.com, an artist promotion company with over 250,000 independent musicians as customers; Jango.com, an online music service with over 8 million monthly listeners; and video content producer MondoMedia, the number one animation channel on YouTube with over 2 billion show-views.

• Platforms will be tested and optimized with pilot partners and then rolled out for use by any content provider looking for tipping or micropayment solutions
  • Platforms will be powered by freemium distribution of NeuCoin to users, who will be able to try premium content for free - a significant advantage over micropayment platforms using Bitcoin (because 99.9% of consumers don’t have Bitcoin, and it’s not easy to get)
  • Participating content providers will receive user acquisition bounties for every new user converting to NeuCoin

Technology – secure, efficient, decentralized

NeuCoin chose a Proof of Stake (“PoS”) technology design instead of a high cost Bitcoin-style PoW design or a centralized consensus algorithm protocol like that of Ripple and Stellar. This choice was made in order to distribute the currency strategically, keep transaction fees low and security high in the long term, and still maintain decentralization. Prior to launch, NeuCoin will publish a comprehensive technical whitepaper.

Economics – rewards early adopters, enhances security

NeuCoin’s economic model uses very high PoS awards, starting at 100% per year in year one and gradually declining to 6% by year ten. The total coin supply begins with a 3 billion pre-mine and will grow to an estimated 100 billion over ten years, with the actual number dependent on the percentage of coins that are mined over time. A limited number of coins in year one are also awarded to PoW miners, to engage the community that will most likely become active PoS miners long-term. 5 million coins per month during year 1 will be awarded through PoW scrypt mining.

NeuCoin’s high-mining-awards model offers several benefits:
  • Rewards early NeuCoin investors and adopters for holding onto their NeuCoins (coin holdings will multiply by 50X over 10 years with non-stop PoS mining)
  • Coin prices should be less volatile and remain intuitive for consumers from launch ($0.01 per NeuCoin) and into the future
  • Incentivizes PoS miners to stake many coins and operate many nodes, solving a critical security issue with previous PoS coins

Allocation of 3 Billion Pre-Mine

Three billion pre-mine allocation:

- 2.4 billion held by the three non-profit foundations: 0.4 billion - Code foundation / 1.0 billion - Growth foundation / 1.0 billion - Utility foundation
- 0.2 billion retained by founders for $1 million of work invested
- 0.1 billion sold to initial seed investors for $250,000
- 0.2 billion sold to strategic angel investors for $1 million cash invested
- 0.1 billion to be sold in presale to crypto-community

In contrast to virtually all previous digital currencies with pre-mines, all NeuCoins held by the founding team, seed and angel investors are subject to strict re-sale provisions for five years (each of these holders may only sell 2% of their holdings per month in the first year, 3% per month in the second year, 4% per month in the third year, 5% per month in year 4, 6% in year 5).

NeuCoin Foundations – decentralized and accountable

NeuCoin’s core code development, user growth programs, and projects to increase utility will be supported by three non-profit foundations based in the Isle of Man. The three foundations are independent of each other but share the same single mission – to increase the value of NeuCoin. The foundations are overseen by independent Council Members and Strategic Advisors, but are ultimately controlled by coin holders (1 coin = 1 vote). This structure makes NeuCoin more decentralized and accountable than Bitcoin, Ripple or Stellar.

Give feedback on the NeuCoin Project and earn 1,000 free NeuCoins, please visit http://www.neucoin.org/en/
Also, don't hesitate to have a look at our forum: http://forum.neucoin.org/
Where to buy some?
GoldCoders.com

Activity: 28

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 07:26:18 PM

Where to buy some?

Do you know how to go to Coinmarketcap.com and find out which exchanges sell a coin?

Have you read any posts on this thread?

Your first step should be to research and find out if the coin is still viable. The original dev is apparently a known character, and supposedly integrated the coin into Jango.com. If you are going to invest more than a tiny bit you should verify that the coin still works on that website. If it does then the dev may have stepped back to drop the price and buy it up. If it doesn't work on that site then be careful. Most people seem to think at this point that it is a scam.
I agree for my mistake for not reading the full thread.
I'm totally new to buying and trading new coins to make profit. So I will get used to it in some time Wink
skyline247

Activity: 700

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 07:31:41 PM

Where's the life support for this dying coin. RIP. lol
Pages: « 1 ... 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 [138] 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 »
  Print  

Jump to: