Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:05:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 [98] 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] NeuCoin - Easy to use, free to try, focused on micropayments - Official  (Read 196150 times)
bitchin camaro

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 03:54:56 PM

I agree neucoin is still in development. just like ethereum, it's not just about what is there the first week after launch, or how it's trading short term - it's about what you think it may become. I've said it before and I'll say it again: the only thing that matters is whether or not neucoin can deliver on getting millions of game-playing, viral, social regular consumers to adapt this thing.  

But I agree, that it would only have potential about huge user-growth. And I see one scenario how Neucoin could have some use. But just as something like a fun-currency, without any focus on value. More like a "thump-up-button" with tips or as virtual-virtual-currency in an online-game or something like that. On a real and free market it's kind of irrelevant, because it's own economic-design is suffocating.

I think that exactly this - properly executed - would be huge. just huge. a widely spread "fun" currency for "super likes" and games etc with millions of new users adopting it - it would be enormous. and not like dogecoin, which was still by and large a cryptocurrency-community phenomenon, but in truly large numbers of normal users who know nothing about bitcoin or any of this. literally 10 million users and useful and viral. that would be such an enormous change from any cryptocurrency so far. in fact, if they could achieve that type of distribution that alone would make neucoin very valuable.

there was this interview with wences cesares a while back when he talked about bitcoin adoption and how it's all about critical mass, how email with 6 million users was just a curiosity, etc. and he mentioned these small, viral, "fun", casual, flowing types of behaviours as what would really could bring the masses in. not beating the credit cards for online shopping. not beating the banks for wire transfers. not anynomity. but this fingertip type flow of tiny little bits anfd things to do, eventually reaching critical mass.

I believe that's how cryptocurrency will become popular. and i believe neucoin could maybe do that, or at least that that's what they are seeing and trying to do. it's certainly what i see in it.

a few excerpts from the wences interview below:

"There are 6 million people in the world who have used bitcoin, and only 300,000 of them have ever actually used it to pay for something. So most people are using it as a store of value. I believe that this is the perfect native internet currency. It has all the attributes to flow across the web and mobile just as bits flow, as information moves. And that can change the world, but not with only 6 million people. Maybe with six hundred million."

"What’s happening right now with bitcoin is very much like what was happening with the internet in 1992. Before the browser, someone looks at TCP/IP and says, oh my God, this thing moves information from anywhere to anywhere real time and for free! It’s going to change information forever, so I’m going to launch Netflix. Well, hold on. Yes, but not now. Not for 20 years. First we need much better computers, more broadband, lots of things have to happen. Same thing with bitcoin. Yes, it will change everything, but not now, not yet. Email with 6 million people wasn’t email, it was a curiosity."

"Trying to push payments now, trying to replace credit cards, I think would be a mistake. Like trying to push video in 1992. Dogecoin taught us a lot. The kind of things they were doing, five cents here, five centers there, are where bitcoin can thrive. No fighting to replace credit cards right now. Enable the flow of tips and small transactions around the internet, that is the more natural entry point. We play tic tac toe online: I put down 50 bits, you put 50 bits. I win and buy a song. You leave me a little tip on an article because you like my comment. It’s whatever, but it flows."

full interview:
http://www.theverge.com/2014/8/29/6082195/the-fort-knox-of-bitcoin-xapo-wences-casares

so, regardless of all these calculations it just comes down to whether they convert millions of new users or not.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tempus
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 04:39:25 PM
Last edit: October 03, 2015, 05:49:20 PM by tempus

@tempus what do you think would happen if they just didn't stake those billions? Just said, ok the foundations just won't stake at all. I'm curious what the calculations for inflation and distribution would be then.

That's not possible, because of the network. Staking keeps the Blockchain rolling. So they have to stake.

But if we would say, there would be only 0.1% interest rate (just for a calculation-example) and we say they start the project like they did:

3 billion in total
100 mio for the market

2.4 billion "growth-foundations" to distribute the supply.

And let's say the ICO was sold and really in public hands, they could distribute 2.4 mio over time and various ways - like they say. If the public would trust them, without fear of "team-dumping" or that somebody would hack them or whatever, they could distribute it, if they see demand and could hold if not - they could distribute without time-pressure. They could tip little amounts wherever it's possible, pay those who would like to implement it and a Game-Dev would see more value in it, the chance would be higher that he would accept NEU for his work and so on.

They also could control the price, because it would rise with a growing demand = user-growth and they could sell more. They would act like a central bank and over time the growth-foundations would distribute the billions and it would become a decentralized currency.

If it would be really successful the price would explode because there wouldn't be much inflation and I believe that they don't want that. It's a tipping-currency and they don't want too much volatility.

Interest-Rate is also needed to motivate the user to stake, and that's like Proof-of-Work for Bitcoin. So there has to be some more interest-rate.

They could have chosen a lower interest-rate... like 20% and decreasing or just 6%. But it's also the huge premine that makes it complex. That's an issue in itself I believe. Because if they want to give the people some intention to keep their coins and stake, for the best of the network, they have to chose an interest-rate that makes some sense for the usual investor. But with that huge premine --> they will stake always more. That's really a problem at every interest-rate.

Maybe a solution could have been, if technical possible (I'm not an expert): Different wallets with different interest-rates. That the growth-foundations would stake, would keep the blockchain rolling and protect it, but with only 3% interest rate (just a number), but all public users would stake at 100% but decreasing. They would sell 100 Mio and it would become to >200 Mio after one year just out itself ("public-staking") and they could use their billions to invest in games and distribute it with tipping and so on and they could sell, if there should be much user growth.

It would need some time to figure out the best solution for various scenarios, but the current design is suicidal.

Ah very interesting... it makes sense they don't want the price to be too high since it's a tipping currency, but then that leads to the question of why they priced the presale so high. You would think that they would try and do more to get hype or excitement on the forums, maybe had a simple web game that accepts neucoin or something at least that released at the same time the coin did. Where did they expect the price to go if they didn't really do anything at launch? How is that fair to the presale buyers that bought at that price if they couldn't even get enough buyers to sustain that price? I was reading back at the post: http://forum.neucoin.org/t/the-neucoin-pre-sale-price-is-going-to-be-01-what-do-you-think-of-that-valuation/148 and a lot of the community were saying how they were thinking the launch would be different than other cryptocurrencies, that this coin would have a bunch of uses at launch, thus getting more users etc.

I really can only speculate about the question what exactly they believed or what strategy is behind.

Regarding the price: It's not that they don't want it to rise. It's more that they don't need that. If we think it this way: 1 NEU = 1 Dollarcent, the Crypto-User (like we are here) would like to see it rise... if it would go to 2 cent it would be 100% in profit about the price.

But: What the Neu-Group would see: More demand and they would meet that demand. They would sell, so the price wouldn't rise much. I believe that's also the reason they've chosen the 100%-interest-rate. The Investor shouldn't think about profit in price, but profit in interest rate. With other words: The price could stay the same, because if there is growing demand the Neu-Group will sell into it, but if you stake you make about 100% profit in supply in 1 year or more because of compound interest.

And you should trust them and the "non-profit-foundations" in that way: "Nice, they have a growing supply, that's a lot of potential to grow to mass-adoption", because they say that they'll distribute it for the best of the project... buying into games, tipping over Facebook or whatever.

In fact there would be two markets (that's what they most probably want)... not completely separated because that's impossible, but nearly. We are in the Crypto-Scene, watching charts and trade for profit, monitoring a blockexplorer and so on. But they don't focus on this market. They want to sell it besides the market to a public that would use it, but without understanding it. For the non-crypto-public the price wouldn't be very important. The ususal user would hold 300 NEU for 3 Dollar or something like that and if the price would go down, he wouldn't recognize that or don't care about it. He just would tip with it etc.

But they would meet every demand in every way... on the exchanges and through easy-to-use payment methods besides the Crypto-World. That would be a constand pressure on the price. And the initial-seed and angel-investors would dump 2% every month and at the same time they also would have an increasing Neu-supply, because of the high staking rate.

Under the line it would be (in best-case, if successful) a money-machine out of nearly-nothing for a few people. The Crypto-User is needed to bang the drum for it, to stake it and protect the network, without thinking too much about concerning scenarios and that it's in fact a ponzi because they wouldn't run out of supply for many-many-many years... If successful it would be like selling sand in the desert. And they would have a lot of control about it all, including the price. They're already doing that. Above 1 cent they'll sell more... if it goes down they withdraw some supply of the market. So it won't have much volatility.

If you (we all) are not concerned about what they stake, and the increasing supply they have out of nothing... they would have time to sell/distribute it. If there is more demand they sell more, if less demand they hold it and their NEU-supply grows. We should just think: Nice, that's potential. But for them it's money if there is increasing demand... because they'll sell. Forget the "non-profit". Yes, they'll distribute some millions with tipping and they would pay Game-Devs with it if somebody agrees to get paid in NEU. But as long as the Crypto-Community would have complete trust, they wouldn't have any time-pressure.

But there are too much issues. Investors won't ever trust that way. And nobody wants to feel just used to make little profit and they would sell sand in the desert if successful. It's a ponzi... and even if there would be some success and the press would pay some attention.. it would be outet as what it is. There can't be mass-adoption. Everybody can imagine the headlines about the "CEO" behind it and the design. It's arrogant and naive to believe that nobody ever would analyze it very deeply. And they made huge mistakes... they would have to be completely transparent, as promised. But they're showing very clear that there is too much to hide.

And... let's say they'll go on with it and the price will be stable because they keep it stable, and let's also say they get some non-crypto-user in and nobody cares too much about the critics. The internet doesn't forget. If there should be more attention in the future, more people will read about how they bought the own ICO, looking into the blockchain, reading this thread, thinking about the design, about the lack of distribution, the lack of transparency, broken promises... they can't ever hide that. So they shouldn't ignore that, but that's what they're doing.

I'm really curious what happened to Darteous now because until I left, he was still very convinced NeuCoin would live up to his expectations. But I don't know, maybe this is what everyone was expecting?? This is the first coin launch that I have been apart of so maybe my expectations were too high? Maybe a coin launches just for the sake of launching, then major features they promised would be released months/years later? Can someone help explain to me? Maybe compare a successful coin launch vs Neucoin's launch vs what happened with Paycoin? And can someone do a tdlr of what exactly happened with Paycoin? All I know is that they promised to keep the price at $20 but that didn't happen.
Also speculative: I belive that some who were involved know too much what's concerning and maybe anticipated that this is a project to lose credibility. If a highly skilled Dev has some optimism about Crypto in general, seeing a great future in Crypto, he won't take the risk to lose his credibility in a project that has so many weak points. I can't know the reasons but if I were a Dev I wouldn't agree with something like this. I would fear that it would fail right in the beginning and I would also fear going mainstream, because I don't believe that it's legit in a legal way. There is too much manipulation. And obviously they don't have that highly skilled Devs. I mean, there is a lot of complaining about technical issues.

What everyone was or is expecting... also very speculative. There is not much defense. If everybody who is involved would feel all right with this, they would communicate it and defend it more. There are a lot of big Investors who gave their names and... they could show up and communicate what they see in it and what the normal investor should see in it. It wouldn't need discussions here... they could write blog-articles or whatever. But I don't see anything like that. So, I believe that they don't feel very good with this. But I can't be sure about that. Maybe they're still believing in a great future and that FB-User will tip each other and World-of-Warcraft or something like that will implement it... I don't know. I don't understand why they gave their names and money... if they really gave money. Never saw more than the 4000 BTC.

It's not easy to compare it with other projects, because so far it's hard to say which projects will be successful... they're all in the beginning, even BTC is. I believe that Crypto in general has a lot of potential but it's unpredictable if the "Google" of Crypto is already there... or the "Facebook" of Crypto. But it won't be a ponzi-scheme and it won't be a central-bank-system like Neucoin. I believe, Dash has some chances. It has a public and skilled team, ongoing development proven over years, and it has a better distribution (there is some instamine). It has constant volume so far... it's pretty stable I would say and with a good potential. But that's what I believe, it's really unpredictable because there is so much innovation that something like ETH or a network like Supernet could make the "older-fashioned" projects irrelevant.

Paycoin: I didn't follow close enough to give a good overview. But there were tons of lies to bring people into it and the team behind it dumped it into oblivion. I never understood what was the strategy because it was... kind of irrational out of everybody's perspective.... a lose-lose-situation. Many lost much and those who made money out of it don't sleep very well and the "irrational-mastermind" is still on the flight as far as I know. There are SEC-Investigations and... you can read the complete story here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0;topicseen

But that are a lot of sites to read. I hope for a book or a movie. ;-)
scam confirmed

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2015, 04:59:36 PM
Last edit: October 03, 2015, 05:42:16 PM by scam confirmed

I really can only speculate about the question what exactly they believed or what strategy is behind.

Regarding the price: It's not that they don't want it to rise. It's more that they don't need that. If we think it this way: 1 NEU = 1 Dollarcent, the Crypto-User (like we are here) would like to see it rise... if it would go to 2 cent it would be 100% in profit about the price.

But: What the Neu-Group would see: More demand and they would meet that demand. They would sell, so the price wouldn't rise much. I believe that's also the reason they've chosen the 100%-interest-rate. The Investor shouldn't think about profit in price, but profit in interest rate. With other words: The price could stay the same, because if there is growing demand the Neu-Group will sell into it, but if you stake you make about 100% profit in supply in 1 year or more because of compound interest.

Strategy regarding price? Here:

• Coin prices should be less volatile and remain intuitive for consumers from launch ($0.01 per NeuCoin) and into the future

Each year, the foundations’ goal is to sell sufficient NeuCoins through private sales or exchanges to fund the following year’s cash needs. However, when NeuCoin prices rise, the foundations may sell additional coins, with the excess cash obtained kept as a “rainy day” reserve. When prices fall, fewer (or zero) coins will be sold.  

tempus
Legendary

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 05:23:13 PM

I agree neucoin is still in development. just like ethereum, it's not just about what is there the first week after launch, or how it's trading short term - it's about what you think it may become. I've said it before and I'll say it again: the only thing that matters is whether or not neucoin can deliver on getting millions of game-playing, viral, social regular consumers to adapt this thing.  

But I agree, that it would only have potential about huge user-growth. And I see one scenario how Neucoin could have some use. But just as something like a fun-currency, without any focus on value. More like a "thump-up-button" with tips or as virtual-virtual-currency in an online-game or something like that. On a real and free market it's kind of irrelevant, because it's own economic-design is suffocating.

I think that exactly this - properly executed - would be huge. just huge. a widely spread "fun" currency for "super likes" and games etc with millions of new users adopting it - it would be enormous. and not like dogecoin, which was still by and large a cryptocurrency-community phenomenon, but in truly large numbers of normal users who know nothing about bitcoin or any of this. literally 10 million users and useful and viral. that would be such an enormous change from any cryptocurrency so far. in fact, if they could achieve that type of distribution that alone would make neucoin very valuable.

there was this interview with wences cesares a while back when he talked about bitcoin adoption and how it's all about critical mass, how email with 6 million users was just a curiosity, etc. and he mentioned these small, viral, "fun", casual, flowing types of behaviours as what would really could bring the masses in. not beating the credit cards for online shopping. not beating the banks for wire transfers. not anynomity. but this fingertip type flow of tiny little bits anfd things to do, eventually reaching critical mass.

I believe that's how cryptocurrency will become popular. and i believe neucoin could maybe do that, or at least that that's what they are seeing and trying to do. it's certainly what i see in it.

a few excerpts from the wences interview below:

"There are 6 million people in the world who have used bitcoin, and only 300,000 of them have ever actually used it to pay for something. So most people are using it as a store of value. I believe that this is the perfect native internet currency. It has all the attributes to flow across the web and mobile just as bits flow, as information moves. And that can change the world, but not with only 6 million people. Maybe with six hundred million."

"What’s happening right now with bitcoin is very much like what was happening with the internet in 1992. Before the browser, someone looks at TCP/IP and says, oh my God, this thing moves information from anywhere to anywhere real time and for free! It’s going to change information forever, so I’m going to launch Netflix. Well, hold on. Yes, but not now. Not for 20 years. First we need much better computers, more broadband, lots of things have to happen. Same thing with bitcoin. Yes, it will change everything, but not now, not yet. Email with 6 million people wasn’t email, it was a curiosity."

"Trying to push payments now, trying to replace credit cards, I think would be a mistake. Like trying to push video in 1992. Dogecoin taught us a lot. The kind of things they were doing, five cents here, five centers there, are where bitcoin can thrive. No fighting to replace credit cards right now. Enable the flow of tips and small transactions around the internet, that is the more natural entry point. We play tic tac toe online: I put down 50 bits, you put 50 bits. I win and buy a song. You leave me a little tip on an article because you like my comment. It’s whatever, but it flows."

full interview:
http://www.theverge.com/2014/8/29/6082195/the-fort-knox-of-bitcoin-xapo-wences-casares

so, regardless of all these calculations it just comes down to whether they convert millions of new users or not.

1) But if you think it that way, the price has to drop very low. Because what they've sold in the ICO was something like "potential-value". They've said: There are 3 billions and each NEU should be worth 1 Dollarcent. That's a marketcap of $30 Mio.

And yes, there are only 100 Mio of supply on the market right now, but in fact there are > 3 billions ready to transact. The supply is already there and growing every day because of staking. And nobody knows if they are security-experts to protect it. Nobody knows if they won't say any day, true or untrue: "Sorry we got hacked" - after a dump to 1 sat. They assert that they've sold 100 Mio Neu for $1 Mio. That's a lot.  

2) They want to make money with it. They've invested already money in it. They have or had a strategy to get rich out of it. In my eyes it's a stupid strategy but it's fore sure not a non-profit-strategy. ;-) And you can be sure: If they don't see any potential for profit they'll let it die.

3) It wouldn't be that hard to make a fun-currency for a company. I mean: This is already highly centralized. It's not a decentralized Crypto-Currency. And if for example Facebook wants something like that, they are able to develop and implement it in 1 month. But they won't agree to be the money-maker for the Neucoin-Scheme. And Game-Devs... maybe small ones could accept some BTC for implementing Neu. But they won't accept Neu for implementing it if they can't sell it without crashing the price or if it's already without any relevant value.

4) If this should go widely used it would bring much attention on the people behind, how they've managed the ICO and the launch, how professional they are and how transparent etc. Also this: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=944933.msg12338641#msg12338641
...isn't good PR if you want that people download software and paying at least a little money for something they produce out of nothing. They can't handle this thread. How should they be able to handle the mainstream-press?

5) It seems they are not very skilled regarding the tech. I mean... why should they be successful with 1 1/2 year of developing and then show up with something that doesn't bring any innovation? I can't see more in this than in several 500-Dollar-marketcap-Coins. The differences are the huge premine and that the money-backing. I mean, under the line that's what they use as argument. Without that, what would be there? Just a very little project with a focus on tipping and gaming. If you do some research you'll find several projects with a focus on that.

What they promise is, that there will be value out of itself, out of growing because they could "buy growth". But that's not enough. And I don't believe that they can buy growth, because real professionals most likely won't agree with the project.

If I would have believed what they've said months ago... and if I would have bought into the ICO, I would be really angry. Because even if I would have trusted them because of their plans and transparency-promises and thought they would be highly skilled in coding the ideas... I don't see anything like that. What I see is a manipulated ICO, a manipulated market on the exchanges, a non-existing-Blockexplorer, zero distribution, zero transparency and near to zero communication or explanations. And because I know that all of that is very important, I would see it as a risk for my Investment. The reason is very simple: I believe that it's impossible with a launch like this, to turn it into something that could go mainstream. I would want see professionality and with such a premine: Transparency. They should be transparent about every single transaction, for what it is used for and so on. But they don't publish a Block-Explorer... that's a (bad) joke. ;-)

Nogroup

Activity: 24

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 11:58:23 PM
Last edit: October 04, 2015, 12:59:37 AM by Nogroup

strange thing.. while myneucoin javascript has at least a little security effort getmyneucoin has bunch code in comment, it looks like a student proejct

here http://www.getneucoin.com/js/acne/SoundManager.js and here http://www.getneucoin.com/js/sound.js <= wtf who still enable sound by default nowadays
anybody with little experience see that there is something wrong here but the site is shiny looks like a metaphor for neucoin
and there is some kind of ACNE mentioned few times in the code

Ori Mace
CEO of leading web agency Acne Digital, founder and former Chief Creative Officer of leading Swedish web agency Starsky, acquired by top ad agency network McCann.

source http://www.neucoin.org/en/wiki/
link: http://www.acne.se/

strange that this was left in the shadow.. are they producing games now ?
dont know what to think of it

https://i.imgur.com/qruTFnU.png
looks like they are trying to maintain price low to allow microtransaction (75no = $0.7) is that part of the hidden agenda staking every nokoin for a while
scam confirmed

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2015, 01:32:15 AM
Last edit: October 04, 2015, 01:50:36 AM by scam confirmed

https://i.imgur.com/qruTFnU.png

looks like they are trying to maintain price low to allow microtransaction (75no = $0.7) is that part of the hidden agenda staking every no for a while

Yep. It's a ponzi. They are trying to maintain price at 1no ~ $0.01. As long as they can. Until they made their money. Until they give up. Until the house of cards breaks down. Some screenshots of the recent "price nursing pump" (orderbook Cryptsy): https://i.imgur.com/9F2JKwO.png

Blind people fall for it:

Traders make a few arbitrage Satoshi ("price nursing pump" initiated on Cryptsy, Bittrex price followed)

Bought on Bittrex:

(1 no Transaction fee Bittrex --> Cryptsy)

Sold on Cryptsy:

Nogroup

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 02:16:16 AM

https://i.imgur.com/lLpTzzp.png

Traders make a few arbitrage Satoshi ("price nursing pump" initiated on Cryptsy, Bittrex price followed)

Bought on Bittrex:

https://i.imgur.com/EFQApTd.png

(1 no Transaction fee Bittrex --> Cryptsy)

Sold on Cryptsy:

https://i.imgur.com/DGP9Pol.png
analyzed it and found it here => http://neucoin.io/transaction/a4601bf6c2f8c84c88bd091549f51b41b420534e0dc21451f12bc7a518b1cb78 it looks funds are all coming from pow (as seen here http://neucoin.io/transaction/2cc11b57446e4abd3c961a937b48bec1333824009796b3f11939bb7885d358dc ) and not pos we might have a trading bot from a farm here
worhiper_-_

Activity: 700

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 03:44:00 AM

I still refuse to believe that such high profile investors would bother with this...
Gekko463

Activity: 545

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 04:19:09 AM
Last edit: October 04, 2015, 04:41:51 AM by Gekko463

I still refuse to believe that such high profile investors would bother with this...

Then you were the target market.

"Legitimacy" is a sales technique:  the entire driver of celebrity endorsements of everything from shampoo (if supermodels use this, it must be great!) to sports shoes (Nike Jordan's).  Got your Jamie Oliver Pots?  Your Wolfgang Puck frozen Pizza?  Got your shitty Beats headphones because all the Rap guys and Sports stars get paid to wear them in public?

It's called "social proof". (See Robert Cialdini's "Influence".  The 6 Principles of persuasion therein are taught to every salesman in the world.). Google "6 Principles of Influence" and learn what DanK did to you, beginning to now.

One of the questions I asked, and never got an answer to, was HOW MUCH EACH of these people invested and when.  "Insider Transactions" is a normal part of the pre-investment disclosure process.

Never answered.  Just a new copy of "the list" of names.

And those names didn't include ANY high profile "investors".  No Warren Buffet.  No Andreesen, No Doerr, No Horowitz.  No "investors" (by trade) at all.

What you see on the list are experts in making video games, running a high tech taxi service, a guy who works at Facebook, a guy who makes tv shows about singing contests...

What makes these guys "experts" in crypto?  What makes them "experts" in penny stock trading?  

They are regular people who have probably never owned a Bitcoin, and heard a few buzzwords from DanK, and they hang out and party with him and said, "Sure mate, I can throw a few bucks at this to see if it flies.  Bitcoins for consumers?  Yeah, that makes sense.  Whatever.  Lay out another line Dank."

No "investors" by trade.  Real investors would have done due diligence.  People in tech constantly angel fund things for social reasons rather than trying to make a buck.  They don't do due diligence.  There are NO VC firms or established Angel Investors (by trade) involved with this.  Real investors (by trade) do due diligence.

You can't believe such high profile investors would touch this?

DanK knew that.  That is why "the list" is his answer to everything.
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 04:34:44 AM

Then you were the target market.

"Legitimacy" is a sales technique:  the entire driver of celebrity endorsements of everything from shampoo (if supermodels use this, it must be great!) to sports shoes (Nike Jordan's).  Got your Jamie Oliver Pots?  Your Wolfgang Puck frozen Pizza?  Got your shitty Beats headphones because all the Rap guys and Sports stars get paid to wear them in public?

It's called "social influence".

One of the questions I asked, and never got an answer to, was HOW MUCH EACH of these people invested and when.  "Insider Transactions" is a normal part of the pre-investment disclosure process.

Never answered.  Just a new copy of "the list" of names.

And those names didn't include ANY high profile "investors".  No Warren Buffet.  No Andreesen, No Doerr, No Horowitz.  No "investors" (by trade) at all.

What you see on the list are experts in making video games, running a high tech taxi service, a guy who works at Facebook, a guy who makes tv shows about singing contests...

What makes these guys "experts" in crypto?  What makes them "experts" in penny stock trading?  

They are regular people who have probably never owned a Bitcoin, and heard a few buzzwords from DanK, and they hang out and party with him and said, "Sure mate, I can throw a few bucks at this to see if it flies.  Bitcoins for consumers?  Yeah, that makes sense.  Whatever.  Lay out another line Dank."

No "investors" by trade.  Real investors would have done due diligence.  People in tech constantly angel fund things for social reasons rather than trying to make a buck.  They don't do due diligence.  There are NO VC firms or established Angel Investors (by trade) involved with this.  Real investors (by trade) do due diligence.

You can't believe such high profile investors would touch this?

DanK knew that.  That is why "the list" is his answer to everything.

True.   But is this getting boring yet?  We've been right like 10 times in a row here... Doesnt everybody already see neuc as the joke it is?

scam confirmed

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2015, 10:26:00 AM
Last edit: October 04, 2015, 12:17:24 PM by scam confirmed

analyzed it and found it here => http://neucoin.io/transaction/a4601bf6c2f8c84c88bd091549f51b41b420534e0dc21451f12bc7a518b1cb78 it looks funds are all coming from pow (as seen here http://neucoin.io/transaction/2cc11b57446e4abd3c961a937b48bec1333824009796b3f11939bb7885d358dc ) and not pos we might have a trading bot from a farm here

http://neucoin.io/transaction/a4601bf6c2f8c84c88bd091549f51b41b420534e0dc21451f12bc7a518b1cb78

worhiper_-_

Activity: 700

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 11:00:55 AM

[snip]

So long story short, neucoin's foundation got people not really experienced with investments to put their name in there to expand their influence on audiences. Right?

But that's quite different from when pro athletes wear a brand of clothing. This brand of clothing is perfectly functioning, the athlete wearing doesn't risk his reputation. That's what makes me question the involvement of all those people mentioned in the coin. Are they actually involved in any way or were their names dropped solely for marketing purposes? Because contrary to other advertised projects, neucoin is so far very average at proving it's concept and many of it's promised features are barely functioning. How could the foundation afford getting all those people on board while they weren't even able to employ people for development.
Nogroup

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 01:44:02 PM

[snip]

So long story short, neucoin's foundation got people not really experienced with investments to put their name in there to expand their influence on audiences. Right?

But that's quite different from when pro athletes wear a brand of clothing. This brand of clothing is perfectly functioning, the athlete wearing doesn't risk his reputation. That's what makes me question the involvement of all those people mentioned in the coin. Are they actually involved in any way or were their names dropped solely for marketing purposes?[...]
see here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=944933.msg12594455#msg12594455
Gekko463

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 07:15:14 AM

General Purposes Heads Up: http://coinfire.io/2015/10/04/federal-investigations-of-cryptsy-underway/
tempus
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 09:45:19 AM

Interesting... And now they wish, they would've never listed Paycoin:

"The document cache obtained by Coin Fire contains materials ranging from the Securities and Exchange Commission to the Department of Homeland Security. The earliest records in the cache against Crypsty contain minor investigations of wrong-doing and are dated prior to the larger investigation of Mr. Homero Joshua Garza and Mr. Carlos Garza; however, the information discovered during the GAW Miners investigation caused lead investigators from multiple organizations to begin scrutinizing Crypsty and its parent company, Project Investors, more closely. The investigation against Cryptsy intensified after a “PayCoin controller” was exchanged to the company and the two investigations began to run concurrently.

(...)

Another document shows one organization beginning a probe of PayCoin’s blockchain history. This document alleges that Cryptsy was being used by Mr. Garza to disguise money movement for both him and his associates. Furthermore, the report claims that the company was aware of this movement and not merely complicit; this allegation is echoed by material within the document indicating that (1) staff member engaged in these fraudulent transactions and transfers, and directly engaged in market manipulation."

erp77

Activity: 7

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 06:45:42 PM

Lol what has Paycoin got to do with anything here?
tempus
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 06:57:38 PM

Lol what has Paycoin got to do with anything here?

It's a good example that there can be consequences for those who try to get peoples money with high promises one the one hand and dishonest behavior on the other.

And, in general it's most likely the Paycoin-Desaster that made thousands of Investors very cautious. The strategy to be non-anon and to have money-backing as an argument isn't enough any more.
LiQio
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 09:13:53 AM

Is this an accurate summary of the current state?

- Neucon regime sitting on 99+% of coins and staking 99.9+% of new coins?
- Trade volume on exchanges tanked because the team is the only party buying. See distribution https://bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-NEU#tabDistribution
- Neucon regime by now (days after launch) already staked 100 Mio. coins which equals the total amount allegedly sold to public
- Remaining ICO investors in the red, forum dead, team silent besides the well known phrases ("we will soon publish", "sorry for the late reply, we are super busy", "we are so excited", yadda yadda)
- Neucon regime still didn't disclose the price or price range they predefined. (Remember they completely dominate the market and thereby the price)
- Neucon regime still didn't disclose all their holdings and addresses as promised.
- Neucon regime still didn't disclose the cash needs and resulting sales numbers.
- Big ad campaign on crypto mag web sites tries to find new "victims"
- Survey coins not sent out yet
- PoW miners finding out that it is by design totally unprofitable (http://forum.neucoin.org/t/pow-mining-change-of-algorithm/1368/44)

Next steps? Probably a mini pump by pretending to have some great news and disclosing that a first game is to be released soon to absorb the survey coin dump ...

PS: Sandrine has finally thanked the "creator" of the block explorer. She even sent a payment.
The amount? ... wait for it ... 150 Neucons = a little less than nothing at all, what an affront!
Gekko463

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 12:40:42 PM

[quote author=LiQio link=topic=944933.msg12614344#msg12614344 date

PS: Sandrine has finally thanked the "creator" of the block explorer. She even sent a payment.
The amount? ... wait for it ... 150 Neucons = a little less than nothing at all, what an affront!
[/quote]

150 NoKoins.

This redefines the definition of "NoKoins".

Can you post the forum post where she proudly announces that she gave this poor fucker a dollar for accomplishing what the NewCon team was incapable of for a million dollars in "unpaid labor".

This requires a headline on Reddit.  Please give me the link or post it yourself on reddit.

This is so boring now, my narcolepsy will kick in if I visit NewCon.org.
LiQio
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 01:10:49 PM

Quote from: LiQio link=topic=944933.msg12614344#msg12614344 date

150 NoKoins.

This redefines the definition of "NoKoins".

Can you post the forum post where she proudly announces that she gave this poor fucker a dollar for accomplishing what the NewCon team was incapable of for a million dollars in "unpaid labor".

This requires a headline on Reddit.  Please give me the link or post it yourself on reddit.

This is so boring now, my narcolepsy will kick in if I visit NewCon.org.

Source: http://forum.neucoin.org/t/neucoin-block-explorer/1806/14

150 coins arrived at the time of the post: http://www.neucoin.io/address/NWzMTtWce1XMwtUkTMyKAzhtiLBVPhM25T

(PS: Don't have a reddit account to spread the word of this unparalleled generosity.)
Pages: « 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 [98] 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 »
  Print  

Jump to: